the tails of worthy (spiret a...

By shadowisalivepeople

in this story you learn how worthy got out of the cave and how he met cheef ugoyou also get to meet a hole ne... More

worthys escape! :) part 1
whatever worthy was up to jurning the dragons eye :) part 2
trip to trunswick part 3
worthy shadow nuk lan rona shanta cashi and evryone els in this chapter
part 7?
part 8!
Gello (hello spelt wrong)
sailing
this is random.....happy haloween
confuseion
Worthy and Devin-difrences
Long lost family
Save you
Jey
dont ask k this is weerd

oo i wander what this part is called part 4

28 2 2
By shadowisalivepeople

The moonlight danced across the water as the stars twinkled above. Worthy sat watching the silhouette of the mountain across the smooth lake. Shadow sat beside him, watching the view with silent awe. One of her favourite things was watching nature. He often found her staring out at the hill or forest, and sometimes even heading up to Conor's to watch his sheep. This, however, was different. Jolt came up behind him.

"Hey man, what you loo.....wow." he stopped awestruck at the view. Stead and Talon came out of the forest. Stead whistled.

"Look at that."

"Are we ever getting Shadow back?" asked Talon.

"Nope" said Stead.

"Erm, Shadow, we need to go now." tried Worthy.

"Here I'll do it" said Jolt. "Shadow, we need to go now, man." Shadow slapped him across the leg. "Hey, what was that for!"

"You called her man" stated Talon. "Let me do it. Shadow, we really do have to go now." She stayed still, transfixed by the view.

"Shadow, as leader of the Redcloaks, I am ordering you to look away" commanded Stead out of pashions.

"You guys go, I'll get her and catch up." The others left.

"I was wondering when you'd do that" said Shadow, turning from the view. Worthy smiled.

"Come on, Stead has something to show us."

"Is the something peace and harmony, music and love?" Worthy had no idea how to answer that question so he told her,"No."

Shadow frowned.

"I'd have thought you'd have been nicer to your crush." Worthy blushed.

"I do not have a crush on you" he complained.

"Jolt told me" said Shadow. Worthy groaned. "Don't worry, since that time in Trunswick I kinda knew" she laughed. "Now, we better go" she said, taking Worthy's hand and leading him to the tree line. "Thank you for showing me this" she said, gesturing to the place they'd just been sitting. Worthy smiled.

"Enathing for you" he replied. She elbowed him hard. "Ouch! What was that for?" he complained.

"Don't get too close, lovebird." She laughed and ran of to join the others, with him close behind. 

"It's beautiful" said Shadow as they watched the water tumble down the cliff face.

"I have a bad experience with waterfalls" said Worthy.

"What, it's worse for me." said Jolt

"I almost died saving Rollan at a waterfall" said Worthy, "and don't forget the dramatic fight between me and the Oathbound."

"Yeah, we all know that's not true" said Jolt as Stead led the way behind the waterfall. The comment stung Worthy. He was ashamed of what had happened there. Shadow caught Worthy's arm and held him back. She waited till the others were out of earshot.

"It's ok" she said.

"What do you mean?" he replied.

"Don't worry. I know you did your best."

"But the thing is, I didn't."

"Who cares? It all worked out in the end, and you escaped." He nodded.

"Hey guys" called Talon from the entrance. "You don't wanna miss this."

"Leave the lovebirds to it, Talon" came Jolt's voice.

"Hey!" called Worthy, but he didn't go any further. He secretly liked the idea that he and Shadow where lovebirds, but he wouldn't let that show. When he entered Worthy saw Jolt and Talon laughing.

"Welcome to my secret den" declared Stead.

"Yeah, and you forgot to tidy up" gigled Talon. Everywhere were portraits of a girl, letters written in a beautiful hand and tapestries hung everywhere. There was pottery to but not as much.

"What's all this?" asked Worthy.

"They're just letters and art by my girlfriend" said Stead.

"Wait, you have a girlfriend?!" gasped Shadow.

"Her name is Soama." Worthy picked up one of the portraits.

"This her?" he asked.

"Yep." Stead must have been embarrassed but he didn't show it.

"She looks like Abeke."

"Oh, erm, that's because she's Abeke's sister" he said sheepishly.

"Well, her family are sure loved by the leaders of the Redcloaks."

"Ok, this is all wonderful and all but what did you want to show us, Stead?" asked Shadow.

"This way."

"You wanted to show us this way? I'm sorry but I've been this way hundreds of times. Can we have something more specific man?" asked Jolt.

"Follow me" tried Stead.

"Nope, still hazy" chimed in Talon. As the others argued Worthy looked to Shadow. She was reading one of the letters.

"What does it say?" he asked. She passed it to him.

Dearest Stead,

It's been a long time since I wrote. I hope you don't mind. Abeke has indeed returned and keeps talking about this boy, Shane, and how he saved her from Uraza of all animals. I am proud of my sister, but she tells me she's met you before. Since the only time I've ever personally seen you is at the party, what is your organision and what has Abeke got to do with it?

What have you been up to? Saving people again? I have found this new makeup made from tree bark. If you boil it and add it to your makeup you get from the village, it makes you look stunning. Abeke tried it and I instantly needed the trick. She says Meilin told her it would work. Enjoy youre day.

Lots of love,

Soama.

"Weird" he stated.

"You don't say."

"So are we agreed it's, "look behind the rock sheet at the back of the wall"?" asked Stead.

"Yep" said Jolt.

"Sure" confirmed Talon.

"Fine by me" added Worthy.

"Then can we go already?" asked Shadow.

Stead tapped the rock twice with the back of his hand and the rockshelf opened up they stepped inside.

"Welcome to the new secret Redcloak base."

"What about the Torch?" asked Worthy.

"That's our non-secret base."

sorry readers it wuldent let me open the normell one for some reason

Later that night Worthy was sitting above the waterfall thinking of Conor. He'd left the boy in a struggle. His mother was ill and Conor wasn't himself. Then he saw a person slip out from behind the waterfall. He followed them. They headed to the lakeside and sat on the sand. He stayed within the treeline, hoping to get a better look at who it was before approaching. They sat there for a long time looking at something in their lap, writing maybe. Then they looked up and worthy recognised the image instantly.

"Shadow" he said softly. She jumped up and attacked him, claws bared. knocking him to the floor. "Woah, woah there, it's me, Worthy." She looked at him, then retracted her claws and fell on top of him.

"Oh, Worthy, thank Briggan you're here" she said, pulling herself up.

"Listen Worthy, I've been wanting to say something to you for a long time." Worthy nodded, watching her dark eyes. "Something's wrong. Whenever you speak to me I-I feel- I feel, well, angry, but not angry I-I-I just don't understand!" She started crying.

"Shadow, it's ok" said Worthy. He wasn't very good at calming people. He sat her down on the sand again and hugged her. "It's because you love me" he said.

"Do I?" she asked.

"Well, it's that or you hate me."

"I don't love you" she said. "But I don't hate you either." Something seemed to come to her. "I'm just not sure I can, well, trust you. It was only last week I found out you were Devin Trunswick and I hated him. I had no idea he could change, but..."

"Shadow, you said I forced you out with me, meaning you are Ella Drifter, right?" She nodded. "Part of what I liked about you was that you where a rebel, a fighter. Your stealth was amazing even before all this and same with your grace, but at heart you're a warrior, and warriors don't cry over someone else's past." She smiled.

"You're saying they cry over their own."

"Yes."

"So you've cried over your own. Or are you not a warrior." Worthy stopped. Shadow thought he was a warrior!

"I'm a warrior!"

"Thank you. I will be able to sleep now." She said, smiling as she walked off in the direction of the waterfall. Worthy nodded and watched her go. Then he realised she'd left her paper and pencil behind. He picked them up and read the paper.

Dear Worthy,

I have a job for you. If you can help me with this I will be eternally grateful. I have chosen you becouse this will fall heavily on you too. Dawsen and Ellen have been taken by forces unknown. Please help me retrieve my Earl and my sister.

Shadow 

Why hadn't she just asked? Was it because of the way she felt about him, how she hated him, or was it because letters always sonded cooler? He had no idea, only that he'd say yes to saving Dawson. It looked like there was an adventure to come.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 176 24
Hi this is Bernice and i like to present a book just like youtube this book was my friend idea so these are some challenges we would be doing CHALLE...
264K 9.7K 42
❛ 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙢𝙮 𝙥𝙖𝙨𝙩, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙢𝙮 𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙨, 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙖𝙣 �...
16.9K 345 57
Two broken souls in the midst of a crazy world. Two souls running away from their past. There was no light at the end of the tunnel. The tunnel was c...