TWIN TELEPATHY - TEEN WOLF [1]

ohbrosey

Twin telepathy is when one twin can assess the thoughts or feelings of another twin without the other twin gi... Еще

00 → blurb
ACT I
01 → first freshman captain
02 → hanging on the edge
03 → bestiary
04 → emma's first party
05 → emerald green
06 → apology accepted
07 → emma the helicopter mom
08 → honey baked ham and lemon jello
09 → emma and mason save the pack
10 → the end to the dead pool
12 → i heart mexico

11 → will brake for ducks

3.5K 128 47
ohbrosey

WILL BRAKE FOR DUCKS

⇠ ✽ ▧ ✭ ⇢

Emma had the sad ability to wake up ten minutes before her alarm went off; her body must hate the sound of her alarm so it'll wake her up, so she doesn't have to hear it. Emma yawned as she glanced over at the clock next to her bed. Her eyes adjusted as she tried to read the time. She rubbed her eyes, hoping to rub the tired away. Emma sat up and stretched; she looked to her right to see her brother wrapped up in his own blanket, sleeping next to her. Emma let out a yell as she fell out of her bed. She had tried to get up, but her foot got wrapped up in her blanket and tripped her.

Why was her brother in her room? Why was he sleeping in her bed? He never does this. They stopped sharing a room when they were ten because their bodies were about to go through changes, aka puberty, and needed their space. If he ended up falling asleep in her room, he usually slept on the long-cushioned bench at her bay window. They usually shared a bed when they stayed at hotels or their grandparent's condo in Florida.

Emma's yell and thump from hitting the ground woke Liam up; he looked over to where his sister was supposed to be sleeping, He furrowed his eyebrows at the sight of Emma sitting on the floor with narrowed eyes, and her blanket wrapped around her shoulders. "Why are you on the floor?" Liam asked, his voice raspy from just waking up.

"Why are you in my bed?" Emma shot back as she stood up; her hands flew to her hips as she scolded him with her eyes. Emma went to bed early last night, even though Mason and Liam were very loud while playing video games. Emma had heard Liam beg Mason to stay the night while she was drifting in and out of sleep. "Liam, if you wanted to have a sleepover, you know the rules. I get my bed – obviously – and you get the bay window."

"I already tried to sleep there. I got – it was just uncomfortable," Liam answered with a shrug; Emma bit her lip as her mind began to flood with the worries of what was going on with Liam. This had been going on for almost two weeks now; there is no way this isn't a big deal. Liam scoffed as he stood up, grabbing his blanket and phone. "I know that face, Em. I'm fine." Liam began to make his way to the door.

"No, you're not!" Emma exclaimed as she ran to the door. Emma parked herself in front of the door, cutting of Liam's retreat. Liam rolled his eyes as Emma extended her arms out, trying to block as much as the door as she could.

"I'm stronger than you; I can easily move you," Liam replied in annoyance, he has gotten out of talking about his feelings for two weeks, and Emma had reached her boiling point. She wasn't angry, but she was about to burst and flood him with questions.

"Maybe – but I will tattle," Emma said with a hum. Liam threw his head back at his sister's childish behavior. But honestly, what could she come back with? He's stronger, faster, and all the other benefits of being a werewolf. Emma was just sweet little Emma, who will put an 'I brake for ducks' sticker on the bumper of her future car.

"To mom?" Liam questioned.

"Yes, and Scott. Maybe even Sheriff Stilinski," Emma remarked as she crossed her arms over her chest and standing tall. Liam quirked an eyebrow up at Emma's white lie, "I'm not telling the truth. I feel bad now." Emma muttered to herself. Emma wasn't one for lying. She liked honesty. Lately, she's been biting her tongue back, but she wanted to ask Liam honestly what was going on with him.

"Come on, Emma. I need to get ready for school," Liam told her as he reached for the door handle. Emma slapped his hand away. Liam pulled his hand back. He looked at her with a slacked jaw.

"I don't like to be pushy because you'll never tell me anything ever again. But I'm worried about you, and so is mom and dad," Emma stated. Liam knew that Emma was going to stand her ground, maybe not for long. They're going to have to move from this spot, but Emma was never going to stop asking.

"I'm fine, Emma."

"No, you're not! You're terrified. I feel it too. But I want to know what scares you so badly that you need to sleep in my room! In my bed!" Emma argued back. She had backed Liam into a wall with her words. He should know that he can't hide anything from Emma because she feels everything that he feels.

Liam opened his mouth, but a knock on the door interrupted Liam. The door began to open, and Emma moved out of the way; she stood by Liam. He was still holding his blanket in his arms. Their mother fully opened the door, shooting her kids a confused look, "Is everything okay?"

"Yes," Emma and Liam said at the same time, but Emma sent her brother a pointed look.

"Okay, I heard some arguing. Not your usual playful arguing. Just making sure you aren't ripping each other's hair out," Jenna commented playfully, she was trying to defuse the tension that was building up in Emma's room.

"We were just messing around – don't worry," Liam told his mother. He sent her a smile before walking out of the door. Emma dropped her arms back down to her side and lolled her head back in annoyance.

"You let him go," Emma pouted as her ears caught onto the sound of Liam's door shut. She was sure he locked the door to keep her out.

Jenna looked over her shoulder at Liam's closed door, "Were you holding him captive?" Jenna asked as she glanced back at her daughter.

"Only for like ten more minutes," Emma answered shyly, her fingers played with the drawstring of her pajama bottoms. Jenna tapped her nails on the wood door. As long as Emma and Liam weren't causing physical harm, and there weren't any tears, she let them deal with it themselves.

"I'm sure you can hold him captive after school," Jenna replied, taking two steps towards her daughter, and pressed a kiss on the top of her head. "I'm going to heat the muffins you made up. Do you want one?" Jenna said as she stepped out of the doorframe, entering the hallway.

"Of course, I do," Emma said as she followed her mother out of her room.

Liam and Emma didn't speak the whole way to school about their argument this morning, mostly because Mason sat next to Liam on the school bus, leaving Emma alone a few seats ahead of them. They walked together towards the school with Mason, who was chatting away about his weekend.

"Hey, I'm heading to the library to pick up a book for English," Mason commented, pulling Emma from her thoughts, which were about how to approach Liam the right way, without having to hold him captive. Mason being the good friend he was, could sense the tension radiating off of the two twins. This only happens once in a blue moon, so he was trying to get one of the twins to go with him to figure out what was going on.

"I'll go with you," Liam replied way too quickly. Emma wasn't going to talk to him about it here. It was school, and wanting to talk about feelings didn't seem like the right place. They were bound to get interrupted with supernatural drama, eventually.

"This isn't over, mister," Emma whispered to him before Mason and Liam turned the corner to walk to the library.

"What isn't over?" Kira asked the blonde. Emma looked to her right to see Kira, Lydia, and Malia standing at Malia's locker. She looked nervous as ever. She had a big test today. One to determine whether or not she could move on to senior year with Lydia, Kira, Stiles, and Scott.

"Somethings wrong with Liam, and I was trying to talk to him about it. But my mom opened the door and set him free," Emma stated, as she walked closer to her friends. She was twirling her binder around in her hands. In her hand, Malia had her textbook, her pages covered in red and yellow highlighter, as she mouthed the words she was reading.

"Set him free? Did you like kidnap him?" Lydia remarked with furrowed eyebrows. Malia's head lifted, and she looked over at Emma.

Emma shrugged her shoulders, "I just stood in front of the door and refused to move unless he talked," Emma answered innocently, "Somethings been going on since the hospital. The terrible plan to meet the Benefactor."

"Do you think maybe seeing Scott 'dead' upset him?" Kira suggested it was possible. When Kira slowed Scott's heart rate down to make him appear dead, it was scary. Because he looked dead, and if anything would've gone wrong, then he could've died.

"Maybe, but I feel terrified a lot. When I'm not doing anything that would scare me," Emma replied. Lydia and Kira shared a look before returning their attention to Emma. "I woke up this morning, and he was sleeping next to me. In his blanket – but my bed. He scared me half to death."

Malia shut her book with a loud thump catching everyone's eyes. "That's weird," Malia commented. She put her textbook in her locker and turned to Emma. "I could get it out of him." Malia's words raised suspicion; Malia wasn't very eager to help to go down a nice route.

Malia's blank face never faltered, "Okay, but are you going to cause him physical harm?" Emma asked slowly. She was glad that Malia wanted to help. But if she let Malia beat it out of Liam, then Liam would never talk to Emma about anything. Well, he might if Malia is there to scare him.

"Do you want me to get him to talk or not?" Malia quizzed. Emma bit her lip. She leaned her back on the row of lockers. Her head was falling back onto the metal lockers.

"Malia, we don't want to traumatize him anymore. He's already going through something," Lydia added. Malia shrugged her shoulders and stuck her arms out. In a 'so what' manner, Kira had snickered at Malia's reaction.

"I'm just trying to help out my friend," Malia defended; Emma's head shot over to Malia. A big smile forming on her pink's lips, Malia called Emma her friend. She never expected it to happen this early, especially since Malia was still learning what it took to be a friend.

"You called me, your friend!" Emma cheered happily Emma pulled Malia into a hug. To which Malia kept her arms down by her side for a few seconds before wrapping her arms around the blonde.

"Okay, Emma – too long," Malia stated, Emma pulled away from Malia, but she couldn't hide the smile on her face.

"Sorry, but not really," Emma giggled.

"Emma, just focus on school today, okay? Talk to him about it tonight with him if he doesn't want to tell you. Then you might need to move on, okay?" Lydia spoke up, it wasn't what she wanted to hear, but it was what she needed to hear. Liam isn't going to want to tell her about everything, and she's got to understand that.

"I know," Emma sighed as she crossed her arms over her chest, "I'll see you later. Malia, good luck with your big test. I know you can do it." Emma gave Malia a quick hug before walking to her class.

Emma sighed as did her math homework. Scott and Kira sat across from her as they studied for their chemistry quiz. The three had met up in the library during their free period; they stayed quiet, only talking about school. That all was left to talk about – besides Liam acting weird. The dead pool was over, and everything was just calm. They felt safe. It was a nice feeling knowing that someone wasn't going to try to kill her friends, but there was a question weighing over their heads, what Peter Hale a bad guy? They haven't heard much from him since Lydia and Emma found out that Peter was why the dead pool was created.

Emma couldn't stop thinking that Peter might have some evil plan up his sleeve; she didn't voice it. Everyone was on edge still, and if Emma were to speak her suspicion, they would never get a chance to relax and enjoy the last couple of months of the school year.

Emma's phone buzzed; she looked at her phone, despite her rule of not touching her phone when she's studying or doing homework. Lately, she's had to have her cellphone handy if Scott tells her that someone is about to die, and they need to rush to save them. Emma's heart dropped lately, hearing the text tone, but as of now, she felt normal.

Mason: Your brother is a jerk

Emma giggled at Mason's text. Liam has had his moments as of late where he was acting mean, but most of the time, only when she or Mason asked Liam what was wrong. Emma promised Lydia that she would leave it alone today and worry about it when she got home.

Her phone slipped from her hands as she was texting a reply back. Her hands were clammy and shaking; eventually, her arms were strained and shaking. Her heart rate increased, and sweat droplets appeared on her forehead. Scott heard her heart rate increased. He looked up to see Emma's face contorted in worry. Her breathing was sporadic. Her chest heaved up and down. "Emma? Em, what's wrong?" Scott asked her quickly; he grabbed her hand from across the table. Kira ran around the table next to her. A calming hand was placed on her shoulder by Kira, but yet she wouldn't stop.

"Not me, Liam," Emma pointed out. She felt fine moments before. Liam had been known to have more panic attacks out of the two twins. But she knew it was her because she always knew when it was Liam. Like when Liam's been feeling scared or when Garrett stabbed him.

"Where is he?" Scott asked quickly, his head taking a scan of the library nobody was paying attention to them, mostly because there were only like three other kids in the library at the time.

"W-w-weight room," Emma said between sharp breaths. Scott looked up at Kira, who was staring at her friend with a worried expression. Her chest began to feel like a heavyweight was up against it, cutting her breathing off even more.

"Kira, stay with Emma and calm her down. I'll go to Liam," Scott explained; once he got a nod of a head from Kira, Scott bolted to the doors of the library. He was now catching the attention of students because the nosey librarian yelled to stop running.

Emma hunched over, trying to draw attention to herself, "Emma, it's okay. Liam's going to be just fine, Emma just breathe," Kira told her, as Emma clutched her chest as the pain of weight felt like it was going to crush her bones at any minute.

"I'm tr-trying," Emma huffed out. Emma still tried to listen to what Kira had to say because she was just trying to help.

Ten seconds go by and a weight – literally – feels like has been lifted off her chest. Her breathing returns to normal. Emma wiped her hands on her jeans as she breathed in and out. "Are you okay?" Kira asked her.

"Yeah, I'm good now," Emma replied, nodding her head as she was beginning to feel like herself again. Emma's mind went to the worse thing imaginable. An assassin didn't get the memo that the dead pool is over and tries to kill Liam. The only thing she could do was find Scott and Liam or wait till Scott comes back. "Liam's good now. I think Scott got to him in time."

"That's good," Kira said as she walked back over to her seat as she scooted her chair in. Kira's eyes lifted back to Emma, who was closing her textbook and taking slow breaths. "The dead pools over Em. It can't be any assassins. He could've just had a panic attack; you said he's been scared lately."

"So, what scared him so bad to cause a panic attack?" Emma quizzed, placing her chin in her hand as a small pout formed on her lips.

The doors opened up, and Scott walked through. Scott walked over to the table calmly. He sat down across from Emma. Who's hazel eyes were already focused on the Alpha, "Your brother tried to bench press 300 pounds without a spot," Scott told her, Emma's eyebrows raised. Was he crazy? When did he think that he could bench press 300 pounds? He's got superhuman strength but not that much. "It was on his chest when I rushed in."

"He's losing his mind" Emma shook her head, sounding almost like a mother. Scott took a deep breath in and out. Scott had hoped that Liam took his advice about no pushing his friends and family away. Maybe now he'll open up to Emma because all she wanted to do was help.

Emma, Scott, and Kira carried on what they were doing until the bell rang. Emma said goodbye to her friends as she packed her things up, ready for the next class period. After that, she would be on the bus home and makeup all the work she hadn't had time to do since the dead pool had begun.

Emma made her way to her locker to get her textbook for her final class of the day, which happened to be English. Emma enjoyed school. She loved to learn new things. But she was dreading going today; her battery felt like it was at zero, and she wanted to recharge in her bed. It was probably due to Liam almost getting crushed to death, but it wasn't Liam's fault. He didn't purposefully try to crush himself with 300 lbs.

The sound of a finger rapping against the locker next to her caught her attention; she pushed her locker door to get a good look at the person trying to get her attention. Emma's eyes landed on her twin brother dressed in his regular clothes, looking rather sheepish. "I'm sorry," Liam began. Emma furrowed her eyebrows and cocked her head to the side; she wasn't quite sure what he was referring to. Instead of questioning, she let him continue. "I'm sorry that I haven't been telling you the truth. I'm sorry about being a jerk whenever you asked me what was going on. You were just trying to help, and I appreciate you."

Emma began to think that it was best to take Lydia's advice and maybe just move on. "Liam, it's okay. This experience was hard, but I'm starting to learn that you don't have to know everything. If I try to pry, it'll only push you away," Emma began, a smile found its way to her face. "So from here on out. I'm longer asking you to tell me what is wrong." Emma held up the sign for scouts honor.

"No, Emma — I'm going to tell you," Liam replied with a shake of his head. Emma's head shot over to Liam. She tried to fight the smile forming on her face.

"Oh, thank god!" Emma exclaimed quietly, putting her hand over her heat. Liam rolled his eyes; Emma's reaction was making him regret ever choosing to tell Emma. She was acting like she just heard the best news ever, but to Emma, so far today, this was the best news ever.

"Thank you for respecting my privacy, but I can't keep pushing you away. Because nobody else has my back as you do," Liam said, the words were so sincere it made Emma smile. She placed her hands on her cheeks as she waited for Liam to begin. "Okay, stop smiling at me like that, or I'll change my mind."

Emma's eyes widened as she tried her best to hide her smile. "I'm sorry – okay, go ahead," Emma replied to her brother as she bit her lip to keep back her smile. Emma was excited yed, but she didn't want to freak him out.

The hallways began to die down. The students had made their way to their classes. Liam looked like he was going to poop his pants; that how nervous he was. The sounds of lockers slamming and teenagers laughing cut through the tension a little. Liam took a quick breath before clapping his hands together.

Emma practically leaned forward in anticipation, she knew the bell would ring soon, but she didn't care. All she cared about was listening to her brother. Also, Emma contradicted herself about talking about his feelings at school, but Liam did invite her into this conversation, so she was not counting it.

"Don't laugh at me . . ." Liam began. Emma shook her head. Stiles might laugh at him, but Emma would never. "Ever since I fought that Berserker on the roof of the hospital. I've been seeing them everywhere." Liam stated, he exhaled, and Emma could see the weight getting lifted off his shoulders.

Emma looked over her shoulder to make sure there wasn't a Berserker in the school, "Is there one here now?" Emma asked her brother. Liam looked around slowly; he shook his head and looked down, feeling a little embarrassed.

"I've just been seeing them mostly when I'm alone or trying to go to sleep. I was thinking about when I was fighting one on the roof when I was lifting weights. Then I started freaking out, and that's why the dumbell almost crushed my chest -- and I-I'm guessing yours too," Liam explained. Emma nodded her head as she listened to her brother speak. Emma was an excellent listener; she wasn't very good at the replying back part. "So that's why I've been hanging around with you a lot and why I slept in your bed. I tried to sleep by the bay window. I just kept on seeing the Berserker."

The sound of the bell ringing caught their attention. Emma didn't move or show signs of worry that she was going to be tardy to class. Emma hated being late, but she didn't mind taking a tardy, especially if this is the reason why she's late. "I wish you would've told me sooner. I would've stayed up with you all night. They can't hurt you, Liam. They're just in your head. They can't touch you. They can only scare you," Emma assured her brother. It was the truth by letting the Berserkers in his mind; he's only hurting himself. "I know this isn't going to go away in one night, but I'll be here for you, and I'll help you."

Liam nodded his head, a smile forming on his face, "Thank you, Emma. Let's just keep this to ourselves for a little while, okay?" Liam's eyes lifted to his sister, who nodded her head. She sent her brother two thumbs up.

Emma looked at her watch and back to her brother, "Do you know what time it is?" Emma quizzed, trying her best to be serious. Liam furrowed his eyebrows and looked down at the time on his phone. "It's hugging time."

"Oh, my God!" Liam exclaimed at the corniness of his sister. Emma threw her arms around her brother. Liam snickered and wrapped his arms around Emma.

"If you don't hug after a bonding moment, did you really bond?" Emma offered as she pulled away from her brother. A big bright smile on her face, like the one she had when Malia called Emma her friend.

"Go to class, Emma" Liam pushed her shoulder lightly before turning and walking down the hall to his next class. Emma shut her locker and hummed to herself as she quickly made her way to class.

Last night Emma had told Mason that if he stayed the night, then Emma would do all his homework. Mason automatically said yes. Mostly because he knew something was wrong with Liam, he didn't know the reason. Emma wasn't going to tell him, one because she didn't know how to lie about all the supernatural parts of the story, and two because Liam told her to keep that a secret, and she'll go to her grave keeping it.

Mason and Emma planned to spend as much time with him as possible until he's sick of them. If he sees the Berserkers when he's alone, then he's not going to be alone. Well – when he's going to the bathroom, showering, and changing, he can be alone. Emma was going to help him through this, and if this means she needs to put a sleeping bag in his room and sleep there until he says he's okay, she will.

Emma didn't do that last night, however, mostly because Mason was staying the night with him, and Emma was hauled up in her room, doing hers, Masons, and Liam's homework. It was Beacon Hills' first lacrosse game of the season, against none other than – Devenford Prep. Usually, that name would've made her stomach drop and her nerves run wild. However, she's happy they're here. She hasn't seen Brett since the bonfire. She had gotten texts saying that they were okay, but she didn't believe it. Also, Devenford Prep was most likely going to mop the floor with Beacon Hills. Emma would never say that out loud and is optimistic that Beacon Hills could still win. But Scott and Kira aren't currently on the field or the school grounds.

Stiles had gotten a text from Scott when Stiles and Liam were walking into the locker room. That was the only they had heard from them; Stiles had called them countless times after. Emma approached Liam was he was tinkering with his gear on the bench. Emma placed her hand on his shoulder, causing him to jump slightly. "Hey," Emma called out softly; Liam looked over his shoulder at his sister. "Are you okay?" Emma quizzed.

"Yes, I haven't seen one yet," Liam mumbled; Emma barely caught onto his words. That was good though, maybe he is taking a step in the right direction, and Emma's plan of never leaving him alone is working too. "Have you heard anything from Scott?" Liam asked his sister.

"No, I tried to google how to track someone's phone, and I just ended up getting very confused," Emma admitted. Liam sighed, throwing his head back a little bit. His eyes glanced over at the Devenford Prep team, warming up on the sidelines. Emma followed his eyesight; she saw Brett. Emma's nerves began to flare. It was a mixture of everything. Scott missing, the full moon is tomorrow, and the last time they played against Devenford Prep, Brett and Emma almost were killed by Violet. Who knows what's going to happen during this game? The dead pool may be over, but Kate and her Berserkers are still out there, and Peter.

"Why are you so nervous?" Liam questioned his sister, taping her arm a little to get her attention back to him, not on the opposing team. Emma's eyes caught on Malia and Stiles' dad arriving and making their way to the bleachers. Sheriff Stilinski sent a wave her way, and Emma waved back.

"I don't know, probably for the same reasons you are," Emma shrugged her shoulders, her brother nodded his head. "Figures were practically the same person." Emma chuckled.

Stiles plopped himself down on the bench, tearing the sibling's attention from each other to the junior on the bench, "They're still not here," Liam told Stiles. Stiles looked over at him as he began fixing his socks. Stiles had been the one constantly calling them, to no prevail. Also, it was Stiles. He wasn't going to stop until he got an answer.

"Okay, what's going on? Are you nervous about the full moon? It's not for another 24 hours," Stiles looked over at the Beta, concerned. There were so many factors as to why Liam was nervous; Emma didn't even know which one to begin with. "Liam, you're going to be fine. Okay? Just try not to rage out on anyone. I'm sure Emma's going to be talking to you if you start going crazy, so just listen out for her."

Liam looked over at Emma, and she gave him a reassuring dimpled smile. Liam snickered before looking back over to Stiles, who looked calm, cool, and collected. "You're not worried?" Liam asked as Liam began messing with his gear.

"Okay, I'm mildly concerned. Mildly" Stiles rambled out; he struggled to pull his phone out of his bag. Once he finally got it, he immediately started texting Scott.

"We're gonna lose without him," Liam commented, his pessimism dragging down Emma's spirits. At a time like this, where everything looks gray, it is important to be optimistic. And that's why Emma's here, to be positive.

"No, we're not!" Emma stated as she put her hands on her hips, "We can be just as good without Scott. Okay?" Emma said with a smile on her face. Liam looked over to Stiles with a raised eyebrow.

"Exactly, Emma, I've been practicing. Let me tell you something. I'm getting good. Really good," Stiles smirked as he put on his gloves.

"See – we're going to be fine. Have a good game, boys!" Emma hummed as she gave the boys pats on their heads before walking towards the bleachers. Emma looked up to see the bleachers full where Mason was sitting. He shrugged his shoulders and held out his hands in a sorry motion. Emma smiled and waved him off, her eyes found an open spot next to Malia, and she took it.

"Hey, Emma," Sheriff Stilinski greeted her.

"Hi, Sheriff, Hi Malia. I think this is going to be a good game. Stiles told me he has been practicing," Emma said confidently; Sheriff Stilinski nodded his head and shifted in his seat. He looked like he was ready to watch the game and see the improvement in his game.

Coach Finstock yelled for the players to get on the field. Emma watched as maroon and green flooded the field, the players got in their position, the ref blew the whistle, and the game began. From the beginning, Stiles was either not being truthful, or he truly believed he was getting better. If the last one was the case, then Emma wondered how he played before. From the faceoff, he looked like he just flopped to the ground, and after that, he was repeatedly getting hit in the head and ran over.

"Funny enough, still better than before," Sheriff Stilinski commented, Emma's eyebrows raised slightly before looking back towards the field. Where her brother was leaning over Stiles. Stiles got up and walked over to the sidelines. He pulled his phone out, ignoring the cheers of Devenford Prep players who just scored, more specifically, Brett Talbot.

Stiles brought the phone to his ear, and he began to pace.  Emma watched as he threw his head back in frustration. Emma and Malia shared a look before they glance back to Stiles, who typed on his phone again before bringing it back to his ear. It didn't take long before Stiles groaned loudly in frustration and threw his phone back down on his bag.

"They're still not answering," Malia informed Emma. The freshman figured as much; her stomach began to drop in fear that something was wrong. Scott wouldn't disappear the night before a full moon, especially Liam's second full moon, or for a lacrosse game. Emma could only assume, seeing as she's the newest addition to the pack.

"Something's wrong, huh?" Emma asked Malia. The lacrosse team made their way back to the field, lining up for the next face-off. Thankfully, Stiles wasn't the one taking it.

"Yeah, I just don't know what," Malia shrugged her shoulders. Emma decided to drop it and focus on the game. She didn't want to ramp up her nerves even more, nor did she want to upset Malia or Sheriff Stilinski.

The first quarter began to tick down. The boys in maroon didn't look to be getting any better. Devenford Prep controlled most of this game, and currently, Beacon Hills' best player was our goalie. As the time ticked closer to zero, even reaching the ten-second mark. Brett was running down the field, looking unstoppable, and he was. He deked past the Beacon Hills defense on his way to the goal. He threw the ball into the net as the clock hit zero. Everyone groaned and sat back in their seats, "Come on!" Coach Finstock exclaimed towards the opposing team getting their third goal of the night.

Liam and Stiles returned to the bench, and the first thing Stiles did was reach for his phone. He repeated the same steps as earlier, call Scott, get no answer, hang up, call Kira, no answer, hang up, and groan in frustration.

"Stupid! Stupid old – " Coach Finstock yelled as he threw a tantrum on the sidelines. Emma chewed on her bottom lip. She sort of felt bad for him. He was watching his team just get destroyed by Devenford Prep. The bright side of it all is that there's still more quarters to win this game.

Stiles stood up and walked over to Sheriff Stilinski, Emma, and Malia. Emma furrowed her eyebrows as he leaned closer to the three. "Somethings wrong, dad. Scott and Kira haven't been answering their phones. I just have a horrible feeling," Stiles told his dad.

"Okay, do you know the last place they were at?" Sheriff Stilinski quizzed; Emma saw her brother looking over his shoulder, watching the interaction. Emma smiled at her brother, trying to give him any reassurance that everything was okay. Emma was also forgetting the fact that he can hear every word they're saying.

"Derek's loft – they had a date. Then all I got was a text from Scott saying that they were going to be a little late for tonight's game . . . then total silence after that," Stiles explained. Emma nodded her head in agreement.

"I tried to find out how to track his phone, but I got confused," Emma said as she raised her hand, assign herself to the conversation.

"Well . . . um, well good try Emma," Sheriff Stilinski replied to Emma. The girl smiled to herself, feeling proud of herself for trying. "Derek's loft, that's a start – do you want to go now?" Sheriff asked; he nodded his head to the field.

"I mean yeah, it's not like they need me or anything," Stiles commented with a shrug of his shoulders. Everyone agreed with him; Coach was in fits of rage that he wouldn't even notice Stiles wasn't on the field.

The whistle blew, drawing Emma's attention quickly before she returned it to Stiles. "Want me to stay here if he shows up?" Malia asked her boyfriend.

"Yes." Stiles answered, "Emma, you stay here too, keep an eye out on Liam. Remember to talk to him when he looks like he's going to rip someone's head off," Stiles told Emma. The blonde's eyes widened at Liam's words. Emma felt like this was partially irresponsible. Stiles has experience with teen wolves, more specifically, how to calm them down. Emma has minimal experience in the teen wolf section. Thankfully Malia was here to calm her nerves, and if Malia tried to leave, she would have a minor anxiety attack.

Stiles and Sheriff Stilinski left the bleachers and made their way on their search for Scott and Kira. "Liam! Get on the field!" Coach Finstock yelled at him. Liam put his helmet back on and walked out.

Brett and an opposing Beacon Hills' player got ready for the face-off. When the ref blew the whistle, the Beacon Hills player managed to win. He took the ball and ran down the field. The fans perked up. Everyone was sitting on the edge of their seat until number 31 was met with number 4 on the opposing team. The Devenford player hit the shaft of his stick against number 31's. Causing the ball to fall from his net, number 4 picked it up and threw it to Brett.

Brett ran down the field. Liam ran up in hopes of defending and stopping Brett. But he seemed to look frozen, and the feeling of fear washed over her. Liam was standing there like a deer in the headlights because he was terrified. Emma had only felt this type of fear lately with him, and that was because of the Berserkers. Emma saw him flinch slightly when nobody was around him.

"What's wrong with him?" Malia quizzed, whispering the question to Emma. Emma bit her lip. She couldn't tell Malia. She was sworn to secrecy. Well, it wasn't that serious, she just promised not to tell anybody, and she hasn't because she was sworn to secrecy and would go to her grave keeping this secret. Maybe not, if someone yelled at her about what was happening with her brother. Emma would probably fold and tell that person; Emma didn't like being yelled at. Especially by adults, because she will break down and admit every bad thing, she's ever done, and then lastly get to what the person was grilling her about.

"He's scared. I think now is one of the times I should try and talk to him," Emma suggested as she focused back on Liam. Emma took a deep breath. What was she going to say? What if it wasn't just the Berserkers? What if it was everything. Emma couldn't just sit there and ramble on to cover every little thing.

"Are you going to say something or not?" Malia asked, leaning over towards Emma, cutting her focus. She looked over to Malia and sighed.

"I don't know what to say!" Emma answered quickly. Her words getting slightly cut off by the Devenford Prep fans cheering. Emma wasn't very good with words. If she were, she'd probably have a lot more friends and maybe even a boyfriend.

"Liam, for the love of God, move!" Coach Finstock yelled, snapping Liam back into reality, just in time for the Devenford players to run right past him.

"Well, that worked – maybe try what Coach says next time," Malia suggested as Brett made his way to the net. He shot the ball, and it went past the Beacon Hills goaltender with ease. Emma threw her head back in annoyance. It was hard to have hope when this team looked like it was losing on purpose.

"If I went around saying everything coach says, my mom would wash my mouth out with soap," Emma commented as Brett and his teammates celebrated Brett's goal. Emma hated to admit it, mostly because she was her brother's biggest fan, but that was a pretty nice goal. Malia laughed at Emma's comment, more specifically how innocent she was. Malia has never heard her say one cuss word, and she refers to adults as Mr. and Mrs. Everyone just says Argent, but Emma calls him Mr. Argent.

The whistle blew, and the play began. Emma had watched the boys running back up and down the field for what seemed like forever. The area was covered in fog, adding an eerie feel to the game. Emma just couldn't kick this unnerving feeling; she wasn't sure if it was the weather adding to it. The Beacon Hills player was dancing through the field; number 42 made it past the defenders, he shot it at the goal. The goalie in green with cat-like reflexes reached and caught the ball.

"Timeout!" Coach Finstock yelled to the ref; Coach looked like he was about to tear his hair out from his head. Emma cringed at Coach, throwing a tantrum. The game was currently 7-2 Devenford Prep.

The teenagers huddled around Coach, whose yells were unintelligible. A figure sat down next to Malia, catching both of the girl's attention. "So, who's winning?" Peter freaking Hale asked, with a wicked smirk. Emma knew she had a dreadful feeling for a reason.

"Uh oh," Emma mumbled to herself. They hadn't gotten anymore answers about Peter Hale's involvement in the dead pool. He walked out of that police station without a charge, but everyone knew that he wasn't entirely innocent. Even Malia had her doubts about her biological father.

Peter sent her a look, his eyes lifted past her for a second, and then back on the Freshman. "Brett's trying to get your attention," Peter commented; Emma furrowed her eyebrows and looked over her shoulder. Only to find the green-eyed beta waving her over.

Emma chewed on the inside of her cheek, looking over to Malia, "Are you going to be okay, alone with him?" Emma asked Malia. Emma wasn't much help without her trusty mop, but he couldn't pull anything with Emma sitting right next to Malia.

"Geez, Emma – I'm her father, and were in a crowd of people," Peter remarked. Emma shrugged her shoulders. He could be evil and still be her father. Emma hummed and shrugged her shoulders. It didn't matter what Peter said. She wasn't going unless Malia gave her the okay.

"Go, it's okay," Malia told her; Emma raised an eyebrow, double-checking once more. Malia nodded; she got up and made her way over to Brett. Her cheeks were flaming red at all the eyes on her as she crossed enemy lines.

"Hi, how is the day going?" Emma greeted Brett. This had been the first time they had talked face to face since the bonfire, which happened to be the same night that both Brett and Lori almost got killed on the school's property.

"Fine," Brett answered shortly. He seemed confused more than anything. A little frustrated as well, so that 'fine' didn't mean he was fine. "What's wrong with your brother?" Brett asked. The question threw off Emma. Emma couldn't narrow it down to one thing, and one of the things that could be wrong with him is strictly confidential.

"What do you mean?" Emma asked slowly. She tried to be calm about it, but Brett wasn't dumb, and he was a werewolf, which meant he could tell that she was lying.

"He's afraid. I can smell it on him from here," Brett commented, his head nodding over to her brother, who seemed to be trying his best to focus on the words coming out of Coach Finstock's mouth. Emma will never get used to the fact that werewolves can smell emotions.

"Well, there are three possible things. His second full moon is tomorrow, Scott and Kira are nowhere to be found, and then there's the thing that I can't talk about," Emma rambled as she held up three fingers as she was listing what could be possibly wrong with Liam.

Brett furrowed his eyebrows, "What thing?" Brett quizzed, ignoring the other two valid reasons why Liam could be scared.

Emma pursed her lips; didn't he hear her correctly the first time? Did she mumble it by accident? Does she tend to do that a lot? "The thing is the thing I can't talk about it's strictly confidential. No outside source can know unless he tells you."

"Yeah – that's unlikely that he'll tell me," Brett sighed, running a hand through his hair, which is somehow still perfect. It barely looked sweaty; maybe it was because this game was a breeze for them. There was no reason to work up a sweat. The ref blew the whistle as the Beacon Hills players broke apart and rushed to the field. Liam sent his sister a weird look as to why she was talking to Brett. "I guess I'll just have to take matters into my own hands."

"That sounds like a horrible idea, considering the last time you tried to take matters into your own hands. Violet almost killed you and me," Emma pointed out. It was the truth the last time he tried to make things right because Liam smashed his old coaches' car. So, who knows what's going to happen this time, hopefully, anything but death.

Brett shrugged his shoulders with a wicked smirk before putting his mask on and returning to the field. Emma sighed, knowing this may not end well. So, she needed to be ready to talk to him without looking weird. Emma noticed that Malia was still talking to Peter. She didn't want to be rude and interrupt, so she looked over to Mason, who now had an empty spot next to him and Sydney. Emma quickly made her way to Mason. He has a bright smile on his face seeing his best friend finally able to sit by him.

"Finally, I thought the people next to me would never leave," Mason cheered, throwing his arm around Emma. "What did Brett want to talk to you about?" Mason quizzed as the whistle blew and the game started back up. The two teams began to chase each other up and down their field again.

"Uh . . . nothing?" Emma slowly replied. She even sounded unsure of her answer. She knew there was no way that Mason was going to believe her. Emma didn't want to look over at Mason, to see the look he was giving her.

Mason was about to protest, but Liam scooped up the ball into his stick he began running down the field. "Come on, Liam," Mason cheered as he dodged the players on the field. Emma wanted to thank Liam for his perfect timing because Mason was about to hound her with questions that she didn't want to answer. Liam was so close to the goal when he collided with Brett, Liam fell to the ground, and Brett hovered over him. Emma groaned in pain. Her back felt a rush of pain, but it was gone within a second, most likely due to werewolf healing, "Did you tell Brett to do that?" Mason asked.

"No – I would never ask someone to hurt my brother," Emma responded. She would never hurt him or ask anyone to hurt him. She feels everything he does, so asking someone to hurt Liam was asking them to hurt her.

Liam stood up, glaring at Brett, even though he was back on his feet. Brett still loomed over him, making him seem like a bigger and badder werewolf than Liam was. The ref came over to see if any fights would come out of this game since there was pushing and shoving during the last game. Brett put his helmet on and walked away, Liam following suit.

The collision seemed to anger Liam enough to score a couple more goals, but not enough to beat Devenford Prep. Emma hated seeing Liam upset. She knew how much it meant for him to play against Devenford Prep. He wanted to win every game, but especially the ones against Devenford. It was something about the pride that fueled men's fire all across the world.

Emma waited outside until the players had left the locker room, many either upset by the loss or completely unbothered. Coach had been the first one to leave, mumbling something about needed an ice pack for his head.

Emma peeked her head in, seeing the locker room pretty empty, she walked in until she found Liam with his shoulders slumped and his head held low. Liam was disappointed by his efforts, by Scott not showing up. Emma knew exactly how he felt because she felt it. If only she knew the right words to say, she would be so much better at cheering people up.

Emma sat down next to him; he knew she was there but didn't acknowledge her presence. Emma threw an arm around his shoulder, pulling him into her. He rested his head on her shoulder, "You wanna talk about it, bub?" Emma quizzed, pulling out a nickname that she hadn't called him since they were kids. You know, back when they referred to each other as bubba and sissy.

"No," Liam replied. Emma understood he was allowed to feel these emotions. There was nothing wrong with it. If he didn't want to talk, he didn't want to talk; Emma understood that. A lot more than before due to Lydia.

"Do you want me to leave?" Emma asked. She didn't want to overstep her boundaries. If he wanted to be alone, then Emma would wait alone for their mom to show up. They were supposed to get a ride back with Stiles, but obviously, that is not an option anymore. "No," Liam said, but he pulled from Emma's side hug. Emma chewed on her lip; she wondered how long they were planning to sit here. Hopefully, their mom would come soon enough.

"You okay?" A familiar voice asked. The twins looked over to see Brett back into regular clothes, more specifically a grey long sleeve shirt that looked amazing on him, but Emma was going to keep that to herself. Brett leaned on the metal locker peering over towards Liam.

Emma was aware that the question was meant for him; Liam just looked plain miserable, "We lost," Liam commented. Emma looked over to Liam, so he was ready to talk but only about the game. Emma wasn't sure how deep this conversation would go, probably not that deep, seeing as Liam and Brett used to hate each other. Liam and Emma's potential talk would be very deep, hitting every point on why Liam was not okay.

"But you're okay, right?" Brett questioned, ignoring Liam's statement about losing the lacrosse game. Sometimes the supernatural world was bigger than lacrosse, so Emma, Liam, and Brett were civil. Because if it weren't for Liam being a werewolf, this conversation would not be happening right now.

"Why'd you do that? Why'd you help me?" Liam asked, his face contorted in confusion as to why Brett was nice and friendly for once.

"Because of Scott, he saved me. He saved all of us," Brett pointed out; Emma couldn't help but feel a little hurt, seeing as though Emma saved him too, in this same locker room. It was rude to interrupt, and it was even more disrespectful to only talk about yourself. "And Emma, she saved my life in this very room with a mop."

Brett smiled over at Emma; a blush found its way to her cheeks. Emma tried to bite back a smile as she peered over at Liam, who sent her a look of disgust. He didn't like the fact that Brett was making his sister blush and smile. Liam shook his head, messing with the lacrosse stick in his hand.

"Do you know how lucky you are to have an Alpha like Scott?" Brett scoffed, focusing the conversation back on Scott. He either didn't know about Scott, or he did know but didn't know what it meant. A True Alpha.

"Scott's a great guy, not very punctual – but great guy nevertheless," Emma commented, lighting the dark room with her bright smile. Brett rolled his eyes playfully, chuckling under his breath.

"No, What do you mean? Scott's a True Alpha. That means he didn't get his power because he was born with it. He didn't get it by stealing or killing someone. He earned it," Brett explained to the twins; Emma listened carefully to Brett's words. Emma never knew what a True Alpha was, more specifically that Scott was one. It felt good for her to know that she was lucky enough to be in a pack with a great guy. "You're not strong just because you can lift a lot of weight now. You're strong because you endure. Satomi calls it strength of character. You're lucky to have him. You're also lucky to have Emma as a sister. She's way too nice for her own good."

Emma smiled at Brett, thanking him with a nod. Brett nodded back before turning and walking away from the twins and out of the locker room. He stayed later than he had, too, just to talk to Liam and reassure him. This seemed to be the start of a beautiful friendship. Emma focused on Brett, leaving she barely caught the words that Liam mumbled.

"Then why isn't he here?" Liam mumbled with his hands down. Emma bit her lip; she didn't have an answer for him, mostly because she didn't have any idea why Scott had gone missing.

However, when her phone lit up with Lydia's name. Which was going to tell the twins where Scott and Kira were, more specifically that Kate Argent and her Berserkers took them . . . to Mexico.

⇠ ✽ ▧ ✭ ⇢

Hi . . . It's been a while huh?

I'm sorry I've had so much homework that whenever I have time to myself, I spent it relaxing and watching YouTube videos.

I'm currently in quarantine so I've have some free time to myself, so I decided to update this story.

Also lowkey wanna do an alternate book where Brett and Emma end up together because they're lowkey kind of cute and I ship.

But when Theo pops up in season 5 it's going to be all about Themma.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

605K 16.5K 38
sym·me·try /ˈsimətrē/ noun 1. similarity or exact correspondence between different things 2. something Elise McCall is finding [SEASONS ONE & TWO]...
23.7K 280 23
Derek Hale x OC Story Charlie Stilinksi, twin sister of Stiles Stilinski. Derek Hale, alpha werewolf. Two people that were totally different, yet mor...
5.2K 110 24
I'm Stephanie, and I was hit by a car that made me forget six months of my life. I apparently am a werewolf like my brothers. Well, I'm an Alpha like...
1.1M 31.5K 20
❝For some people, "the point of no return" begins at the very moment their souls become aware of each others' existence.❞ [ NEW MOON|BEFORE + DU...