Notice Me, Kouhai (Kuroko no...

By yetyoibabe

"Notice me, Senpai" Usually, it is the kouhai who seeks attention from the upperclassman. However, it's not r... More

Prologue
Chapter 01: It's A War
Chapter 03: It's My Fault
Chapter 04: A Turmoil Of Confusing Emotions
Chapter 05: There's No Escape
Chapter 06: As Many Times As Needed
Chapter 07: Taste Of Jealousy
Chapter 08: I Deserve This
Chapter 09: A "Fun" Double Date

Chapter 02: Always Here For You

2.8K 177 159
By yetyoibabe

"W-What are you doing?"

"Ryo." I forcefully yanked my hands free from Imayoshi-senpai's hold then took a step away, walking towards my boyfriend with shaky knees. I felt like I would faint any minute. My heart was losing its beat because of nervousness and I didn't know what to say. "W-We were just talking about--"

"Something very important, Sakurai," Imayoshi-senpai finished, interrupting me and my lies.

Ryo furrowed his brows as he gave us a confused look. "What is it? Did something happen?"

"N-No," I said, trying to maintain composure, "It's just that.. that..."

What should I say? What should I do?

But I flinched when Ryo crossed the distance between us and palmed my face. His eyes widened then told me, "You're warmer than usual, Aya-chan."

I blinked my eyes rapidly. "I am?"

His gentle hand dragged its way down to my neck, checking my temperature there as he eyed me worriedly. "You have a fever, you need to take a rest. Just stay here at home for today."

"But I have an important test today," I pointed out, suddenly remembering the dreaded exam that I had been barely preparing for days.

I didn't know I was sick. And actually, I wasn't feeling sick at all. Well, just a slight headache which was caused by Imayoshi-senpai's outrageous confession, but that's it. I was okay. I just didn't get enough sleep and it was the reason why my head was hurting.

"Can you manage?" Ryo asked, the expression on his gentle face showed exactly the amount of concern he had for me.

I gave him a reassuring smile. "Yeah. I'm tough, remember?"

His facial expression relaxed a bit and a small smile eased up on his lips. "I'll be there for you if ever something happens. Let's go?"

"You're not going anywhere, Aya. Stay at home and rest."

I froze up when I heard that voice---it was deep, firm, domineering, and worried. I didn't dare look at his face. I didn't want to meet his sharp gaze anymore. But, apparently, Ryo didn't share the same thought as me.

"I'll take care of her, Imayoshi-san. Don't worry," he assured, looking at his captain with sincerity.

Imayoshi-senpai walked closer to us then stood right in front of his team's shooting guard. "Taking care of her is not tolerating her stubbornness. If you care for her, you should know what's good for her."

There was a moment of silence that danced around us. Imayoshi-senpai was looking at Ryo as though trying to intimidate him. I knew that my boyfriend would lose to him, Ryo was much too gentle. So I grabbed his hand and squeezed it lightly. "Let's go, Ryo, or else we'll be late."

He glanced at me through his shoulder. "But..."

I didn't answer and only dragged him away with me, leaving our senpai there who was glaring at us intensely.

"Are you really okay, Aya-chan?"

"Yes, I'm fine. Don't worry," I assured him, eyes focused on the road ahead of us.

I felt his grip on my hand tighten. "Do you and Imayoshi-san have a problem?"

With that, I gulped then shook my head slowly. "No, we're fine. It's just the usual misunderstanding. He's annoying sometimes."

"You know he cares for you, Aya-chan. Just understand him."

I turned to look at him and the innocent, gentle look on his face made my heart cringe in guilt. "Y-Yeah."

He brought my hand up to his face then kissed my knuckles. The gesture made my cheeks flare up the tiniest bit. "I'll always be here for you, Aya-chan. So if there's a problem, just tell me, okay?"

I gave him a closed-lip smile. "Okay, Ryo."

***

I was so stupid...

I was so stupid to think that I was going to be okay. Because clearly, my condition had gotten worse. My headache was killing me and I could feel every ounce of energy inside my body leaving me.

"You're not looking good, Ayapyon. Are you okay?" Momoi Satsuki whispered to me just before the start of our exam. We were in the same class and we had gotten pretty close.

I glanced at her, massaging my aching temples. "I'm fine, Momopyon. Just a slight headache."

A worried frown appeared on her forehead. "Are you sure?"

"Yes, of course."

After another few minutes, the test started. And it was dreadful. I studied, but I still couldn't understand a word that was written on the testpaper. Maybe because the sickness had gotten the best of me and I couldn't remember a thing that Imayoshi-senpai taught me.

Ugh.

I rubbed my eyes when my vision suddenly doubled while reading the questionnare. I didn't even get to finish answering the first question because everything around me began to spin, and I had to rest my head down to my desk just to stop myself from falling down from my seat.

Damn. What's happening to me?

"Fujisaki-san? What's wrong?" the teacher asked, walking closer to me.

I lifted up my head only to held onto my desk tightly for support as my vision blackened for a second. "I-I'm not--"

Momoi stood up from her seat then came to support me. She checked my temperature, gasping loudly. "Too warm."

"You have a fever?" Sensei asked in a panicky voice.

"Y-Yes. Sumimasen."

"Take her to the clinic immediately."

***

It was painful.

My whole body was aching and even though I was already lying on a warm bed, I was still feeling cold---too cold.

"Just hang in there, Ayapyon. Imayoshi-senpai will be here soon."

I abruptly opened my eyes then looked at my peach-haired friend, completely dumbfounded. "W-What? Imayoshi-senpai?"

She nodded and caressed my forehead, brushing my bangs aside. "I called him immediately the minute we arrived here."

"Why him?"

She went stiff, then her brows furrowed. It was as if my question was really shocking. "Isn't Imayoshi-senpai the one who always take care of you?"

I only groaned, closing my eyes again. Momoi was right. Whenever I had a problem, Imayoshi-senpai was the one who would always fix things for me. Whenever I was sick, he was the one who would always take care of me. Whenever I was down and upset, he was the one who would always make things better for me.

For always. Always...

He was always there whenever I needed someone. He never left my side. Not even once. But..

"I've always been in love with you, Aya."

I gritted my teeth, clenching my fists. Everything had changed. He was not my brother anymore because even once, he never saw me as a little sister or a friend. All along he was taking advantage of our friendship.

I need Ryo. I need him now.

The door swung open, causing me to flick my eyes open. A sweaty Imayoshi Shouichi quickly ran towards us. He looked calm but the frown on his forehead was evident, proving that deep down inside he was worried sick.

"What did the doctor say, Momoi?" he asked, turning to my friend.

"She's stressed out and she lacks rest. She hasn't eaten anything since last night, too."

Wow. Thanks for basically telling him that this is his fault, Momopyon.

His eyes widened then he looked at me. My half-lidded eyes saw the guilt that flashed through his eyes before he fixed his glasses and turned to Momoi once again. "You can go back to your class. I'll take care of her."

"Okay." Momoi gave me a hug and a 'Get well soon, Ayapyon' before she left us alone, closing the door behind her.

The silence that surrounded us after that was utterly nerve-breaking. I wished I could just faint so that I wouldn't have to be so nervous anymore.

Please, I need to lose my consciousness now. Oh please.

"How are you feeling?" he asked, sitting beside me by the edge of the bed.

"I'm fine. You can go now," I replied coldly, refusing to look at him.

"You know I can't do that, Aya."

"Then try doing that now. I don't need you here, I need Ryo."

Silence hung in the air again as I fought the urge to look at his face. What was the expression he was making when I said that? Gathering my guts, I glanced at him, then our eyes met. The obstruse pain in his eyes made my chest tighten.

He was hurting...

"I'll take you home," he said in a firm voice, his expression turned from pained to strict and steel, "You need to rest."

I brushed the unnecessary thoughts away, struggling to pull myself up. He was fast enough to hold my shoulders and helped me sat up. The intimacy and the closeness were supposed to mean nothing, but somehow, it was making my heartbeat fast.

"You should've listened to me earlier," he preached as he removed his blazer then wrapped it around my body. The icy scent of his manly cologne quickly invaded my nostrils.

I almost rolled my eyes. "I don't need your lectures now, onii-chan."

He came to an abrupt hault as he heard the last word I said, and I swore I nearly choked myself with my own saliva. Damn, I slipped. But I was relieved when I saw that he merely brushed it away by releasing a sigh. So I swung my feet off the bed then slipped on my shoes. I was just about to pull myself up but he stood up first and positioned himself in front of me with his back facing me.

"Get on my back," he said, scooting lower so that I could reach his height. Probably.

I shook my head, flabbergasted. "No. I can walk."

He glanced at me, impatience was hinted on his stare. "I said get on my back."

I bit the insides of my lower lip then slowly stood up. I reluctantly wrapped my arms around his neck as his hands traveled to my bare legs, lifting them up into the air. His touch sent me breathless for a moment. And soon after, I was already clinging onto him like a little child.

"Comfy cozy?" he asked with a satisfied smile, tilting his head to the side to look at me.

I moved my face farther away since we were too close, then mumbled, "What are you saying?"

He only gave me a gentle smile before he took a small step, as though testing his competence to balance our weight together. "You've gone heavier."

"I'm not fat," I shot back.

"I didn't say that."

I clicked my tongue when I heard a chuckle from him. After another few minutes, we finally made our way out of the clinic and out of the school campus. His steps were incredibly slow, like he didn't want us to reach our destination just yet.

"You were smaller and lighter back then," he whispered softly, shifting me on his back for a more comfortable position.

I tightened my grip on his neck since what he did surprised me. "Just set me down if you're going to complain about my weight."

"I'm not complaining. Honestly, I like the feel of you on my back, your breath brushing against my ear, and your warmth on my skin."

Suddenly, all too suddenly, my face felt like burning. It felt like my fever had gotten even more worse because of what he said. I rested my head on his shoulder, darting my gaze away so that I could hide my flushed face.

"Are you asleep?" he asked after a few seconds.

"No."

"Then sleep."

Upon hearing that, I closed my eyes and tried relaxing my mind. Hearing his breath, feeling the gentle wind brush against my face, smelling his manly scent, and his arms around me that were giving me a sense of security---they lulled me into utter sleep and relaxation.

"Thank you," I whispered.

His grip on me tightened. "You don't have to thank me, Aya. You know I'm always here for you."

----------

You should know that I am also feeling bad for Sakurai, okay? Sakurai fangirls, please don't hate me. All I can say is that, HE WILL FIGHT FOR HER, TOO. Just please be patient and wait for that :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 4.9K 30
bokuto~ the famous volleyball player, he's not any other celebrity, he's a softie, a sweetheart and is obsessed with owls for some strange reason. he...
316K 8.7K 32
imma be straight forward, oikawa has a little brother that has always hung out with Tooru and Iwa-chan. because of their influence on [m/n], he becam...
60.8K 2.3K 62
(completed) From tagging buildings, parkouring, late-night skateboarding, gymnastics, competitive dancing to much, much more, Miya Atsumu just wants...
59.2K 2.1K 27
"You like strawberry shortcake too?" "It's sweet but salty , I like it..." "Y/n" "Kei. Kei Tsukishima." Two polar opposites meet in a cake shop. Is...