Alpha Female's Mate

Bởi chellelove10

I have seen and heard a lot of weird things in my life. Things that will make you wonder what the heck is goi... Xem Thêm

Intro
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Not an update
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Announcement
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Epilogue(1)
Final Epilogue
Reunion
Final Author's Note
EXICTING NEWS!!!!!!!
SEQUEL IS OUT!!!!!!!!!

Chapter 15

3K 76 13
Bởi chellelove10

Storm's Pov

 It's midday when I wake with a jolt remembering that Artemis will be coming today. Rushing down the stairs, I bump into Esme, grabbing a hold of her shoulders to keep her steady.

"I know you miss her but please refrain from murdering me in the process." She says taking a step back and I smile sheepishly at her.

"Sorry Esme." I mutter sending her an apologetic look and she rolls her eyes at me, turning on her heels and walking towards the kitchen. Releasing my breath that I didn't even realize I was holding until she left, honestly she scares me a lot. I got to know her a bit when Artemis left and so far one thing I learnt from that short extremely short period of time is that she has a short fuse. She nearly took my head of when I kept on asking questions on what she does. Selena basically had to tackle me to the ground before the knife she sent my way made its target, my leg.

She's viscous and a violent person and I now understand why Ollie doesn't want her around heck even I don't want her around me. Pushing my hair back, I enter the kitchen halting in my steps when I see a floating knife moving in circles just above Esme's palm.

My heart drops to my stomach, mouth becomes dry as I think of whether I should turn back or move forward.

"You're awake." Selena says leaning against the counter as she brings the mug she's holding to her lips, amused eyes staring at me.

"Yeah." I mutter and point towards Esme who now has her eyes closed muttering something under her breath, a concentrated look on her face. "What's up with her?"

Selena shrugs placing the mug down, supporting her palms on the counter and pulling herself up. She stares at Esme for a minute and shrugs one last time. "She's probably in her world doing witchy stuff."

I furrow my brows, staring at her in confusion."World? Witchy stuff?" Selena nods her head at me. I sigh shaking my head grabbing the apple from the fruit bowl. "I won't even ask." And taking a bite from it.

Feeling bored  and deciding to pass time before she arrives, I take my phone from my pocket scrolling through my texts and finally deciding to play flappy bird. My high score is 12, sad right? I know but the game is so hard. The clanking of the knife on the table startles me, looking up my breath hitches in my throat as black eyes stare deep into mine.

"Uh Selena." I call her getting up from the chair.

"Yeah." She says looking at me and I raise my finger pointing towards Esme. Her mouth forms an 'o' and she jumps from the counter standing right in front of me, arm stretched out and I purse my lips narrowing my eyes at her.

What is with the women here trying to protect me, I can take care of myself thank you very much.

Selena takes a step back forcing me to also move, just then the sound of the front door opening grabs our attention.

"Selena, Storm and the bitch, we're home!" Ollie sings out, foot steps approaching the kitchen. My eyes widen when a slow smirk appears on Esme's face, the butter knife moving slowly into the air facing the entry way leading to the kitchen. Selena gasps, our eyes meeting for a brief second and we both know what is about to happen.

Ollie is fucked.

Before the words 'stop' can come out from the mouth, the butter knife flies past me, making a swoosh sound just when Ollie steps in. He freezes eyes going wide and just when I think it will stab him, a hand appears out of nowhere grabbing it by the handle right before it meets it mark, in between Ollie's eyes.

My jaw drops, shock all over mine and Selena's face.

"Damn it." Esme curses under her breath, huffing and sitting back down a pout on her face as she glares at Ollie.

My gaze lands on a frozen Ollie, staring bluntly at the tip knife in front of him. He slowly raises his hand to touch his forehead, bringing his hand down and staring at the little blood on his finger.

"Esme." A soft voice drawls in a disapproving tone. I take my eyes of Ollie to Artemis, a disappointing look on her face as she glares at Esme. She sighs bringing her hand down along with the knife.

The action seems to pull Ollie from whatever trance he was because before anyone realizes he grabs the knife Artemis is holding and throwing right at Esme. Her eyes widen in shock, she quickly raises her hand stopping the knife and dropping it on the floor.

"What the fucking hell Esme?!" Ollie yells, glaring at her furiously.

Esme shrugs a mischievous smile on her face, as her blue, wait green, no brown, fuck it, her eyes stare deep into Ollie's own. "Think of it as a warm welcome."

My jaw drops in surprise, Ollie stares at her in pure disbelief as he throws his hands in the air. "You could have oh maybe I don't know given me flowers or maybe a hug or fucking say hello not a freaking knife to my face!" He snaps and she shrugs again not bothering to answer him.

"Unbelievable." He mutters storming out of the kitchen. The sound of the front door banging indicates that he has left.

"I'll go and check up on him." Selena mutters and leaves as well. Artemis frowns walking to Esme who is staring outside.

"Esme, you should apologize to him." she says softly placing her hand on her hips, a stern look on her face and Esme turns to face her.

"You can't be serious Artemis!" She exclaims staring at her in shock.

The glare on Artemis face doesn't leave as she points to the door staring at her impatiently and Esme sighs frustratingly getting up.

"Fine." She grits out leaving the kitchen. Artemis sighs rubbing her temples and I use the opportunity to take her in. Black hair in a ponytail, bags under her eyes explaining she hasn't had much sleep and brows pulled together in a frown. Her back facing me and I take slow steps to her, hugging her from behind and placing my chin on her shoulder.

She sighs, her body relaxing in my arms, pressing her face against mine and placing her hands over my arm wrapped tightly around her.

"I've missed you." She whispers.

"Ditto." I reply placing a chaste kiss on the exposed part of her neck. Goosebumps appear on the skin and I smirk at her. She turns around wrapping her arms around my waist and leaning her head against my chest.

I wonder if she can hear how fast my heart is beating because that's the only thing I can hear.

She clutches my shirt tightly and I frown. "What's wrong?" I murmur in her hair and she shakes her head at me.

"You know I'll always protect you right?" She asks after some time of us just embracing each other.

A quiet chuckle escapes me. "That's my line."

She giggles, slapping my chest. "Be serious Storm." She scolds and I squeeze her waist pulling her body closer to mine.

"Well I know but you know I'll also protect you, right?" I ask back and she snorts. Pulling back I stare into her eyes playfully narrowing my own at her.

"Well do ya?" I ask and she presses her lips together taking slow steps back and I smirk walking slowly towards her. "Answer the question Artemis."

Her lips still pressed together she shakes her head moving around the kitchen counter heading straight for the door. I stop, glaring at her. "Run." I whisper.

Her eyes widen, freezing on the spot and when I stretch my arms towards her, she squeals turning on her heels and running away. I laugh chasing after her purposely stomping my feet hard against the ground. She turns to look behind her, eyes widening when she realises how close I am. She takes the step two at a time, nearly slipping on the last one.

Damn she's fast, picking up the pace even more, I grab her waist throwing her over my shoulder as she laughs hitting her fist against my back. "Put me down!" She yells still giggling.

Ignoring her attempts of hurting me, I open the door to my room, tossing her on the bed and she bounces up, deer in headlights expression on her face as she breaths heavily pushing her hair from her face.

I smirk, crawling over to her and she moves back propping herself up with her elbows, an anxious look on her face as she watches me. I straddle her leaning my face closer to hers allowing our noses to brush against each other. Her eyes flicker to my lips for a second before staring into mine.

"What are you doing?" She whispers breathlessly.

My eyes searches her own, brushing my lips along her cheeks as I lean closer to her ear. "Payback." I whisper

"Wh-Oh my gosh!" She laughs struggling against me as I continue to tickle her sides. She tries to pull away but I grab her wrists pinning them above her with one hand and using the other to tickle her.

"Say I'm the strongest and most sexiest man alive." I tell her grinning when tears start to stream from her eyes.

She opens her eyes at me a defiant look on her face. "Never." She says.

"Oh really in that case.." I trail of applying a little pressure to her sides. That seems to make her laugh even more and fuck does it sound like music to my ears. I stop , just staring at her flushed face, black hair fanning all over the pillow, a smile so wide adorns her with two small indents on her cheeks.

I can't help myself but to lean in and peck her lips, smiling when she freezes. She raises her hand, brushing her finger across her lips she stares at me in shock.

She wiggles her body forcing me to move." I-I uh I'm- there's- okay bye." She stammers looking everywhere but my face as I continue to watch her in amusement, my shoulders shaking from the silent laugh I'm trying to hold in. She looks at me one last time quickly running out of the room not before seeing the blush on her cheeks.

I shake my head staring at the empty space where she was standing. I lay down folding my arms underneath my head staring at the ceiling with a small smile on my face.

The door opens suddenly and I raise my head watching as Artemis stands there a determined look on her face. She walks towards me stopping at the side of my bed.

"I-" She pecks my lip cutting me off, eyes glowing as her hair makes a curtain around us. Now its my turn to stare at her in shock as her eyes stare intensely into my own. She gets up, cheeks still red and walks out of the room before I can say anything.

I lick my lips still tasting the softness of hers pressed against it even if it was just for a few seconds.

Fuck, it's strawberry.

******

"No!"

"I don't think it's up for debate Artemis."

I frown, feeling irritated at the noise coming from behind my bedroom door. Can they argue somewhere else it's really irritating.

"And I don't think I made myself clear enough, I am not doing it!" A voice I can register in my mind known as Artemis snaps. There is a groan of frustration showing how much who ever Artemis is arguing with is done with the whole ordeal.

"Artemis, I really think you should listen to Ollie. Wait!- wait! just hear me out!" Another person rushes out in panic. I groan throwing the pillow over my head, well there goes my nap. Taking the pillow from my face, I check the time seeing it's almost three in the afternoon.

I run my fingers through my hair, glaring at the door but before I can snap at them, I hear a loud growl causing the things in my room to shake.

What the fuck?

My eyes quickly snap to the door, eyes widening when I realise the growl is coming from there. Throwing the covers from my legs, I quickly rush to the door, opening it and freezing abruptly when I see Ollie and Selena with scared looks on their face, raising their hands up in surrender as they stare at Artemis.

My eyes snap to hers widening in shock that her eyes are no longer violet but Red.

" Alpha Red." Ollie begins in a slow and shaky voice, taking a hesitant step forward and her eyes snap to his, baring her teeth at him revealing sharp and pointed canines. Her eyes full of anger directed towards Selena and Ollie.

"Can you bring Artemis back so we can talk, yeah." He says giving her a pleading and Selena nods her head in agreement.

"No!" She snaps her voice even softer than Artemis but chilling and threatening enough that it causes the hair on my neck to stand up.

Ollie gulps, his face pale and thin layer of sweat gathering at his forehead. I would have laugh at how his knees are trembling in fear but I'm too shocked to even say anything.

Do something Storm.

I gulp and red eyes snap to mine quickly. The words get stuck in my throat, the person facing me looks like Artemis but she's different. Artemis looks soft, posture slouched and an air of childishness around her but this person standing right in front of me looks confident, her features my prominent and defined with her movement graceful as she walks towards me slowly.

"Mate." She says lightly, the sound of her voice caressing my whole body and I mentally groan bringing my hand down to adjust my jeans. She glances down briefly, looking up at me and raising her brow amusement clear on her face.

I clear my throat, causally leaning on the frame of the door and crossing my leg over the other to hide the big problem. Not to toot my own horn but I've been told it's impressive.

Her eyes take me in slowly from head to toe, lingering a bit on my naked torso and well my friend who still needs to go down but I don't think it's happening anytime soon. Her red eyes snap back to my eyes nodding her head in appreciation a toothy grin on her face showing her sharp canines. "Impressive."

"Artemis." I begin but she raises her hand stopping me.

"Not Artemis but Red,her wolf." She introduces winking in the process and my jaw drops. This is what Artemis meant when she said everyone has a wolf within them. I now understand why she looks the way she looks, this is her wolf. 

The Artemis I know would be blushing just by seeing the still very prominent bulge in my pants but Red just looked amused dare I say a bit happy.

"Her wolf has a name." I mutter under my breath staring at the floor in bewilderment.

She chuckles softly, the sound even more enticing to my ears. She lifts her hand titling my chin up so I can stare into her eyes. Her touch causing ripples of tingles weaving through my body, more intense than when Artemis touches me but she doesn't seem to be affected by it and even if she is, it's not showing. Here I was getting used to violet eyes but now I have to adjust to this eyes too, un fucking believable.

"I would like to stay long mate but I have to deal with something and well Artemis is being a pain in the butt with all the nagging she's doing." She says tapping the side of her head smiling when I open my mouth in shock.

"Who the fuck said you could leave?!" She says in a threatening voice still smiling at me. I look behind her to see Ollie and Selena frozen mid step, they turn around slowly taking shaky breaths as they face her back lowering down their heads as if they got caught doing something bad.

Fuck, even I'm scared and it wasn't even directed to me. She turns arounds smiling at them, taking slow strides as they step back and that seems to make her even more excited.

"Alpha Red, I know what we did was wrong but the pack was getting anxious and when they heard that you found your mate-

"You thought it was a good idea to tell them that the rumors were true and that I will introduce my mate to them tonight." She finishes for Selena stopping right in front if them after backing them against a wall.

Everything about her posture looks calm but I can't say the same for her voice. Selena purse her lips nodding her head. Red shifts her gaze to Ollie, his face still pale as he avoids her stare.

"Was it your idea beta Ollie?" She muses mocking his name.

"Y-yes." Ollie squeaks out eyes going wide as he covers his mouth. Selena stares at him in surprise at the sound he made and I press my lips together. Where is Esme? I bet she's gonna have a field day seeing Ollie like this.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk." She clicks her tongue against the roof of her mouth, placing her hands on her hips. "I so badly want to punish you but Artemis is a bit forceful in taking back control so I'd leave you be." She says stepping back creating enough distance between them and I watch as they breath a sigh of relief.

"Oh before I forget." They quickly stand up straight when she speaks up. She glances down at Ollie's jeans, looking up and smirking at him. "You might want to change."

Selena slaps her hand against her mouth, body shaking in silent laughter and Red turns winking at me before closing her eyes. When she opens them, they are violet and Artemis stares at me a small smile on her face.

"Hi." She murmurs shyly and I raise my brow lips tugging up in an amused smile.

"Hi." She presses her lips into a thin line, huffing as she stomps her feet against the ground.

"Please don't ever let her take control without warning." Ollie whispers staring at the wall behind me in shock.

Artemis glares at him and Selena. "If you do stupid things like that, well it's bound to happen." She points downstairs. "Head to the pack house and wait for me in my office."

They nod their heads still standing and she glares. "Now!" She grits out through clenched teeth and they jump in surprise quickly rushing down the stairs.

Shoulders rising and falling as she takes in deep breaths. She sighs pushing her hair from her face and turns to face me.

Stepping closer to her, I place my hand on her shoulders. "I have not even spent a week here and I'm already meeting a lot of people."

She smiles an apologetic look on her face. "I'm really sorry about what you saw and definitely about Red. I wanted to ease you into this life before I let you meet her but then Ollie and Selena both decide to be dummies and mess things up by telling the whole pack about you and now they want to meet you." She rambles frustration seeping in her voice the more she talks. "And it's dangerous because I want you safe but at the same time you need to know the people that you're going to lead by my side one day and it doesn't help since you're a human-

I cover her mouth cutting of her rambling. "Breath." I tell her and she takes deep breaths through her nose. I nod my head at her, "Very good. Now I'm gonna take my hands of okay but you have to slow down."

She nods her head and I slowly remove my hand pausing it a bit further away from her mouth just in case she decides to rant again.

"I'm sorry, I'm just so annoyed but the long and short is our pack wants to meet you tonight."

My hands drop to my side, mind going blank as I stare at her. This is not okay, it's definitely not okay. I'm not ready for this heck I wasn't ready when I found out about werewolves but to actually meet a whole pack of them. Yeah N to the fuck O, no

Artemis snaps her fingers in my face, eyes showing concern.

"You can't be serious!" I exclaim loudly tugging on my hair in frustration.

"It's true but if you're not ready I won't force you to do it." She mutters grabbing my arm before I can start pacing.

I stare at her in surprise furrowing my brows. "Artemis I don't know about all this supernatural stuff but I can tell its important."

She sighs nodding her head. "It is. When I met you five months ago, my pack heard about it but since we had to temporarily separate they didn't actually believe it until now. They are requesting to meet their Luna but since you are well a male they will probably call you Alpha."

"But I'm human not a werewolf like you." I point out and she shrugs.

"Doesn't matter. Female Alphas have never existed so I doubt they would mind a human Alpha." I frown at her, still not believing this whole thing.

As if she can sense my thoughts she cups my cheeks rubbing the pads of her thumb against them softly. "Do you mind bending down a bit." She demands and I frown at her scrunching my face in confusion but still bending until I'm eye to eye with her.

She smiles, stretching herself and placing a chaste kiss on my forehead. When she pulls back I stare at her in surprise, lifting my finger to the burning spot on my forehead.

"What was that for?" I murmur still tracing my fingers there, she smiles hiding her face behind her hair, a blush coating her cheeks as she replies.

"To tell you that I'm here for you." She murmurs shyly.

I beam at her, cupping her cheeks and pushing her hair away from her face so I can stare at her. Pretending to do the same but changing my mind, I lean back an innocent smile on my face. "I'm hungry." I yawn, creating enough distance between us.

The smile on her face drops, stepping back she scowls at me. I place the back of my hand against my mouth to muffle the laugh that wants to escape me. She pouts crossing her arms in front of her and stomping down the stairs.

"Artemis wait up!" I call after after but she ignores me. Heading to the living room, she picks up her phone the pout still on her face.

"Pizza?"

I nod moving to sit beside her on the couch but she scoots over creating space between us.

"Hey Pablo." She grumbles on the phone listening to whatever Pablo is saying as the scowl on her face deepens. "Shut up!" She snaps and I hear quiet snickering on the line.

"Just bring the pizza." She finalise hanging up before he can say anything. Picking up the remote, she turns the tv on still ignoring me and I can't help but think how cute she looks right now.

"Are you really going to ignore me?" I ask after some time of just staring at the side of her face but she doesn't reply, turning in her seat and using her air to cover her face. I press my lips together to keep myself from smiling but it fails when she grabs the throw pillow blocking my view of watching her.

"Fucking hell Artemis." I say chuckling. Artemis suddenly gets, leaning back I watch as she heads to the front door opening it before the person can even knock.

He bows handing her the pizza and she smiles taking money from her pocket and giving it to him. The pizza guy nods his head in thanks and Artemis slams the door in his face.

She walks back not even daring to look at me, dropping the pizza on the centre table in front of us. The smell has my mouth watering, grabbing the box I open it but a hand stops me before I can touch it.

"It's hot."

"I thought you were ignoring me?" I question smirking when she purse her lips at me dropping my hand and placing hers on lap. I chuckle moving to the kitchen to grab a plate and sitting back down but this time a bit closer to her.

She narrows her eyes at the almost nonexistent space between us but doesn't say anything except for huffing and crossing her arms in front of  her.

We eat in silence when all of a sudden something hits me and I frown looking at Artemis. She stops mid bite turning to give a weird look.

"I just remembered something." I tell her tapping my chin and she raises her brow as if saying 'go on' I grin opening my arms wide enough.

She stares at it, confused as to why I'm doing that and takes a bite of the pizza. Need I remind you, she can eat a lot. So far I've had three slices and she has had a total of four still looks fit. I'm wondering where the fuck the food she's eating passes.

I need to work out so as to keep my fucking body in shape although it won't be necessary but still I don't wanna die young. I pout when she doesn't seem to understand, gesturing towards them stretched arms I nod at her. " Remember, you belong in my arms so why are you far away?"

She sucks in a breath, choking on the pizza and I pat her back when she starts coughing but it doesn't seem to work so I quickly rush to the kitchen getting a glass of water . Handing it to her, she gulps it down, coughing once again her face and eyes red as she stares at me in shock.

I shake my head at her, flicking her forehead. "Don't scare me like that." I scold her, staring dumbfounded at me she nods her head slowly.

She tenses up once I pull her into my arms but relaxes the moment I begin running my fingers through her hair.

She sighs, placing her head gently on my chest and wrapping her arms round my torso. A small smile makes way on my face, as I lean my head against the couch, closing my eyes and squeezing her body closer to mine.

"Storm." A soft voice whispers in my ear, shaking me slightly.

"Just five more minutes." I mutter pulling Artemis closer to me. She giggles, tracing patterns on my chest. I sigh in relief going back to sleep but it becomes useless when she brings her fingers to my face, lightly running them across my jaw.

"You're distracting me." I murmur sleepily and the actions stop. Opening my eyes, I look at her to see her staring back at me with a smile. "I never said you could stop."  I add.

She rolls her eyes at me, making a move to get up by I grab her wrist pulling her down on me and she yelps in surprise and ends up straddling me, placing her hands on my shoulders to steady herself.

I wrap my hand on her waist, squeezing it when she tries to get up. "Did I say you could get up?" I ask but the only response I get is the blush.

My eyes searches all over her face from her lit up violet eyes, to the shape of her eyebrow, the light freckles on her face that cannot be seen afar but upon closer look you'll find it there. The cute button nose and finally her lips, naturally formed in a pout.

"Beautiful." I murmur absentmindedly tucking her hair behind her ear.

She suddenly looks up eyes gazing into my own and I lean forward nose brushing against hers. My eyes glance at her lips before looking back into her eyes, she stares wrapping her arms around my neck and stroking the ends of my hair.

"Storm." She whispers leaning closer as well, our breaths mixed together as her violet eyes searches within my grey eyes.

I look at her asking the silent question; She gives me a small nod in return.

"I honestly don't know how long I can stand in silence watching this." A voice suddenly speaks up startling both Artemis and I. In pure shock I push her from my lap, reacting a bit late when she falls down but she catches herself getting up quickly. 

"Esme." She breaths outs flattening out clothes and pushing her hair from her face. "H-how did you get here?" She stutters looking flustered and clears her throat.

I clear my throat, running my fingers through my hair as I mentally curse Esme for ruining it. I have not fucking kissed her and fuck no the peck doesn't count.

Esme raises her brow at her giving her a once over, face blank as she jerks her thumb behind her. "How else? Through the front door." She mutters sarcastically.

Artemis purse her lips at her. "I don't appreciate your sarcasm."

"Yeah well I didn't appreciate the near porn but you don't see me complaining." She fires back and I choke on nothing as I stare at her incredulously.

"It wasn't porn." I retort standing up abruptly.

She rolls her eyes and points to my jeans."That's not what it's telling me."

I look down pressing my lips into a thin line and looking back up."Yeah well you should learn to knock."

"I did, you just didn't hear." She deadpans.

"Why are you here?" Artemis interrupts irritation clear in her voice as she stands in front of me, blocking Esme's view as well.

"Well your beta and gamma are waiting diligently in your office for you." She informs making her self comfortable on the couch as she stares between the both of us.

"If they can continue waiting." She says softly and Esme scoffs at her.

"Whatever. I heard you're going to introduce him to the pack and apparently Red came out to play." She muses a smirk growing on her face.

"Yes but I might postpone it." Artemis sighs running her fingers through her hair.

Esme raises her brow at her, "Why?"

"Because he isn't ready." She purse her lips at Artemis, shifting her gaze to look at me for a minute before sighing.

"Artemis I know why you're doing this but your pack needs to know so they can protect him even better." She says softly and I stare at her in shock.

I don't know if I'll ever be ready for this but it seems important to her and I will do anything to make her happy.

"I'll do it." I say and Artemis gaze snaps to mine immediately clearly surprised by my answer.

"No. I really don't think it's a good idea." She mutters still staring at me in shock and I shrug.

"You keep on saying I need to be protected right?" I question and she nods. "I don't know what is going on but if Esme thinks that your pack can help then why not besides I think I need to start coming to terms with everything." I finish giving her a meaningful look.

She stares at me for a minute, probably waiting for me to actually change my mind but I guess something on my face shows just how determined I am to do this.

She furrows her brow crossing her arms in front of her, lips forming a thin line before she sighs dropping her arms by her side. "Fine." She agrees reluctantly and I grin.

"I don't have time to explain so I'll send Ollie to you but in the mean time Esme will stay here." She says glaring at Esme when she starts to protest.

"I have spent so much time here, I really need to get back to the coven." She whines and Artemis shrugs grabbing another silence of the pizza.

"Your coven can function without you. You need to help with the ceremony and I still need to know what you saw but in the meantime when Ollie gets here just come straight to the pack house." She says grabbing the leftover pizza and taking a huge bite. She heads for the door stopping just when she's about to open it and comes back standing on her tip toe kissing my cheeks before she rushes out again.

Standing in the middle of the room, I smile at her actions shaking my head at how adorable she looked.

"You should probably take a cold shower before Oliver gets here." Esme points out releasing her hair from the bun she had in ever since she got here and I'm rendered speechless from how different she looks with her hair down.

I thought her hair was purple but the edges of her hair are white stopping just below her waist. She runs her fingers through it, looking up and stopping here actions once she sees my gaze on her.

"What?" She says raising her brow at me.

"Nothing." I murmur shaking my head at her. She observes me with a blank look on her face before nodding.

"Well in that case go shower." She shoos me away. I chuckle at her, heading up to my room to do just that. Time for a cold shower then.

Stepping out of the bathroom with my towel around my waist, I freeze on the spot eyes going wide as I stare at Esme comfortably leaning against the headboard, a bored expression on her face as she stares at me.

She gives me a once over, her multicolored eyes slowly trailing over my body and fuck do I feel so exposed under her gaze. She scoffs, hopping of the bed and heads straight for the door but stops and looks at me.

"Ollie's here." With that she opens it, leaving without a glance.

Placing my hand on my chest, I support myself against the door staring at the spot she  was just in. God, that woman is so scary. I wonder how they are able to put up with her mood swings.

Can't even decide if she's friendly or not but I guess that's a witch thing. They aren't predictable; oh my goodness who am I kidding its probably just her.

Pushing my wet hair from my face, I look outside to see the sun almost setting. The night becoming darker and I sigh staring at it, my mind drifts to what Artemis said about meeting the pack.

I really hope they aren't going to eat me because that will be so awkward. The door opens and Ollie walks in, a bag in his hand and pizza in his mouth as he lays it on the bed.

I stare between the bag and him, waiting for him to address what is actually inside but he doesn't even blink just staring at me, a far way look in his eyes before he shudders face paling a bit.

"Fuck, Artemis can really be scary." He mutters under breath, shuddering one last time before his eyes snap to my own.

A goofy grin appearing on his face as he points at me. "Let's get you ready for this."

"Ready?" I ask confusingly and he wiggles his brow clapping his palms together.

"Yes." He says again picking the bag and throwing it at me, catching it before it hit the ground. Peeking inside, I pull out what seems to be a white buttoned up shirt and black dress pants. Where the breast pocket of the shirt is, has an intricate design on it. I bring it closer to my face, realizing the design is wolf howling towards a moon hidden behind the clouds in what I think is a dark sky.

I show it to Ollie pointing at it. "What is that?"

He shrugs a knowing look on his face as he stares at it but doesn't answer. I purse my lips, narrowing my eyes at him when he basically ignores me.

He looks around my room, jumping on the bed and making himself comfortable. "Artemis said I should fill you up on what is to happen so you have to listen closely okay."

When I don't answer him he looks up, huffing when I show him the design on the shirt again

He groans flopping back on the bed. "Ask Artemis when you see her but just listen okay."

"Fine." I mutter leaning against the dresser behind me as I wait for him to start.

"I'm not going to give you the history, Artemis can do that but all you need to know is that Artemis will be the one to introduce you. She'll give a speech blah, blah, blah but the moment she mentions your name that's your cue to come forward."

"That's all?" I ask when he doesn't say anything and he gets up propping himself on his elbow.

"Not really. She'll introduce you then make you a pack member. You'll repeat some words after her just like you know how you humans do your vow thingy and then she'll cut your palms and hers mixing your blood together." I frown at that part but hold my tongue, I'll ask questions later.

"Then she'll have to ask if anyone will object to you being her mate and blah -

"Wait! What?!" I cut him off shock evident on my face.

He raises his brow at me. "Why?"

"Why would anyone object I thought having a mate is important?" I ask feeling confused as to why this sound like a freaking marriage ceremony.

He waves it off, scoffing under his breath. "Well it's not like it will happen anyway because then they'll have to face either Artemis or even worse Red." He mutters the last part shivering in fright as his eyes glaze over as if remembering what happened earlier.

I frown at him. "You seem scared of Red." I point out and he scoffs running his fingers through his blonde hair.

"More like freaking terrified." He mutters jumping up from the bed, brushing the nonexistent dirt from his clothes.

"Why?" I question and he wags his finger in front of me.

"Oh hell no and risk having her rip out my spine, yeah I think the fuck not." His face paling just at the thought of his spine being ripped out. "I'll freaking look like a noddle." He adds shaking his head to rid it from his mind.

The thought of Arte- I mean Red doing that sends shiver down my spine. I can just picture it, her hand covered in blood a smirk on her face as she taunts him probably dangling the spine right in front of his face, her voice equally soft just as she mocks him about being a noddle.

"But don't worry you're her mate and she'll probably kill anyone before they touch you." He assures me but it still can't erase the image from my face.

"The sun is down, it's almost time." He mumbles looking up at me. "Get ready, don't wear shoes. I'll be waiting for you downstairs then I'll take you there." He instructs and leaves the room.

I sigh looking at the clothes in my hand one last time before putting them on. Staring at my reflection, black hair gelled back, grey eyes staring intensely back at me. The shirt clinging to my body, the first two buttons opened up exposing a bit of skin with the design standing out.

I look at myself one last time before leaving the room heading downstairs to see Ollie busily on his phone, a concentrated look on his face as the sound of the game he is playing hits my ears.

My lips tug up in an amused smile as I watch him. He doesn't seem to notice me and I use that opportunity to announce my presence."Candy crush?" I ask

He jumps up, throwing the phone behind him a look of pure shock on his face as he tries to act casual by crossing his legs over the other and throwing his arm behind the couch. "I don't know what you're talking about."

I snort rolling my eyes at him. "Sure." I drawl out. He blinks clearing his throat and getting up. He is dressed in the same white but instead of black dress parts he is wearing a white khaki pants fitting his legs and paired with a black and white vans.

"Wait a minute, why are you wearing shoes and I'm not?" I ask pointing to his feet and he glance down giving me a sheepish smile.

"My feet are sensitive."

I stare at him incredulously, does he really expect me to believe that bullshit he just fed me. I scoff at him and he smirks.

He grabs one of Artemis keys, heading outside to the garage. I lock the door behind me following his lead as he unlocks the Range Rover.

"Why are we driving?" I ask him when he backs out of the garage. He opens the middle part grabbing a familiar looking sunglass and puts it on.

It's freaking nighttime why does he even do this.

"The pack house is far from Artemis house. If I was in my wolf I'll just transform and be there within two minutes but since Artemis will notice that I basically shifted in front of you even though I have, she'll be pissed and then give me more work to do." He concludes.

I nod my head but then frown again when something hits me, I turn in my seat to look at Ollie. "What exactly do you do as a beta?"

He shrugs, making a turn and we appear on a road. Realizing that the road looks familiar like the main street but at the same time different. I stare out the window in surprise when I notice it's actually a whole town right in front of me.

Stores lined up on both sides, restaurants, even a shopping mall. The street lights line up on each side of the road making the whole place look even brighter. We move a further, a school coming to view and my eyes widen in shock.

"How on earth..." I trail of and Ollie snorts at me. He let's go on the wheel for a minute stretching his arm wide, a smirk on his face and turns to look at me.

"Welcome to Midnight fall pack." He says excitedly taking a hold of the wheel and tapping his fingers against it.

This time we appear in a neighborhood, houses upon houses meets my eyes and I stare in surprise realizing this is my first time of seeing other people apart from Artemis and her friends.

Dressed in similar clothes like us, they stare at the car when Ollie drives past them. This is honestly so cool, but how can a whole town be hidden from the rest of the world?

"To answer your question on what I do." Ollie speaks up after sometime and I look at him. "I am basically in charge of the people, that includes over seeing their training, maintenance, and other stuff that deals with our pack members and if they need something they come to me. If I can do anything about it I will but if not I take it up to Artemis."

"Sounds like you are the people person." I mutter and he chuckles shaking his head.

"Yeah but Artemis comes out once in a while. Our pack is the largest so she basically does all the paper work, the bills, financial stuff, making sure her pack is comfortable enough. The rare occasion when she's seen outside well people just want to be near her."

"Why?"

He pulls his sunglass to the bridge of his nose looking at me. "Why!" He exclaims loudly. "Well because they hardly get to see their Alpha so it's quite an honour for them to see her."

He stops the car parking it in front of another building and I have to hold in my gasp from how huge it looks. A mansion doesn't even come close to describing it.

"Where are we?" I mutter still looking at the building and Ollie takes the key out opening his door.

"The pack house. Come on it's almost time and I don't want to lose my head." He murmurs getting out and I follow suit shutting the door. I stare at the building in awe, moving in circles as I try to capture everything with my mind.

"Woah." Artemis has a lot if explaining to do. We walk a bit further from the pack house, the air warm, the full moon on display, the stars twinkling in the midnight sky as the wind rustles the trees around us. We appear in front of an opening space and I visibly freeze on the spot at the number of people gathered around.

From children, to teens to old people and young adults all seated. The excited chatter, face filled with curiosity and others with happiness at the prospect of what is about to take place. The moon shining right above them making their attire even bright.

Ollie pulls my arm snapping my attention from them as he jerks his head to another path. I follow him and we suddenly appear at the front but there is a setup obscuring the people from seeing anyone behind.

"Where's Artemis?" I ask and he points ahead of me. Standing in pure white off shoulder long silk dress, a slit on the side exposing those tan legs of hers. Her hair done into a french braid but instead of two braids, it's made into one stopping at her waist and I'm stunned into silence at how perfect she looks. And just like me she's isn't wearing any shoes.

I see her talking to Selena and Esme. Selena also in a white lace skater dress, her brown hair made into lose curls also barefoot. A serious look on her face as she listens to Artemis.

Ollie gasps suddenly eyes wide as he looks in front him. "In all my years I have never seen Esme put her hair down." He mutters lowly staring at her in shock, so I guess I'm not the only one. Looking in his direction I've got to say Esme looks pretty nice with her own unique style of course.

She's wearing a white fitting cloak, the sides of her cloak has green vines designed on it, the hood of her cloak has those same design going round it. Her hair straightened and I can't really tell whether she's wearing shoes or not because of the length of her dress.

Artemis stops talking, sniffs the air and turns to look at me. My whole world stops when those violet eyes make contact with my own.  If I thought the back view was perfect, her staring at me biting those lips as she shyly looks at me from under her brow is out of the world.

I clench my jaw, releasing harsh breath as I stare at her with a hooded expression. From the time I've known her, she rarely wears make up but this fuck she looks absolutely stunning. My body seems to have a mind of its own as it gravitates towards her.

I stop right in front of her taking everything  in, her lips coated with a red, whatever magic done on her eyes made it pop out even more giving her this innocent yet sexy look. Strands of her black hair on left on the side of her face, my eyes slowly moves from her face down to the little cleavage showing and my jaw tightens at the thought of someone actually seeing it.

A seductress, that's what she is.

"Fuck I want to kiss you so bad." I murmur under my breath and she giggles shaking her head.

"Selena told me to tell you not to ruin her handy work." She says softly a grin on her face.

"Yeah Storm!" Selena yells grabbing my attention. "Artemis never makes me dress her up so if you ruin it,  I swear I'll make you choke on your own tongue." She threatens, the warning clear in her voice as she narrows her eyes at me.

I nod grinning at her and she smiles satisfied about my answer. She turns slapping Ollie when he whispers something in her ears and he pouts rubbing his cheek as she glares at him.

I bring my gaze to Artemis only to catch her checking me out. "Having fun?" I ask my lips tugging up in a smirk and she blushes.

"You look really beautiful." I whisper cupping her cheeks and she blushes even more dropping her eyes.

She looks up again."You clean up nice." She murmurs and I raise my brow at her.

"Nice?" I scoff stepping back from her. "I was expecting something like hot, sexy, panty dropping but nice wow Artemis just wow." I feign hurt pouting at her.

"I've seen better." She replies teasingly.

I gasp placing my hand on my chest, clicking my tongue against the roof of my mouth. "You really know how to wound a guy's ego."

She shrugs smiling at me. "I try." I chuckle and Artemis takes in a deep breath looking up and staring at the moon.

"It's time." She whispers grabbing my hand and walking towards the podium. I halt in my steps and she stops looking at me worriedly.

"What's wrong?" She asks concern in her voice.

"Won't they be bothered about the fact that I'm human?" I ask the question that has being on my mind since I heard about it.

She smiles stepping closer to me. "I can assure you they won't but if they are well they'll have to just suck it up."

I laugh, placing a kiss on her cheek and looking at her. She stands still, raising her hand slowly to her cheek and looking at me in shock. I wink at her and she blushes dropping her gaze and turning on her heels.

We stop at the side and she glances in my direction squeezing my hand tightly before finally letting go and climbing the stairs. She is met with an applause from her pack, a smile gracing her face as she looks at them. 

It's then that I realize how nervous I actually am because my hands are basically  sweating.

Oh fuck, I don't think I can do this.

"Good evening everyone." Artemis begins her soft voice carrying through out the place and they face her intensely listening to every word she is saying.

I don't pay attention to the speech, my attention focused on being calm and having a panic attack. I mean I'm in a room full of werewolves that can kill me at any time but it's no big deal right.

Right?

I groan at myself, who the hell am I kidding with of course it's a big deal and I'm expected to lead these people. A human leading a pack of wolves, what kind of messed up story is this? Times like this I wish Lyle was here to make one of his terrible jokes.

The sound of clapping pulls me out from my thought.

"I must have bored you with that speech but for the moment you've all being waiting for I'd like to introduce my mate, the alpha of midnight fall pack Storm Wyatt." 

Well that's my cue people. I move from the shadows, my heart pounding as I take the first step to Artemis. You can do this Storm, I chant in my head.

I see Ollie, Selena, Esme and Damien standing there all staring at me but my focus is on her alone. The smile on her face, eyes staring intensely into my own, the moon shining directly making the dress she's wearing glow in the moonlight as she stretches her hand towards me.

Her gaze telling me I can do this, finally reaching her and taking her outstretched hand. She squeezes my hand reassuringly and turns to face her pack.

"Midnight fall pack, I present to you my mate and your Alpha." I think they can definitely hear my heart pounding because heck even I can hear it. In all honesty I was hoping for objections but what I did not even expect was for them to all rise on the feet cheering wildly at me. The gleeful expression on their face doesn't change even when they take their seat.

"Told you they will accept you. " Artemis whispers softly and I look down at her smiling.

"Yeah." I murmur watching as they continue clapping and Ollie wolf whistles clapping the loudest.

Artemis raises her hand and they stop but Ollie still claps on a mischievous look in his face as he wiggles his brow at us. She purse her lips narrowing her eyes at him and he smirks gradually bringing it to a halt.

The crowd snickers at his antics and Artemis rolls her eyes at him. "Unto the next stage."  She says nodding at Esme who comes forward a dagger and a bowl in her hand as she stops right in front of us.

This was the part Ollie was talking about, I guess I'm going to have an ugly scar on my palm. Esme hands the bowl to Artemis, clutching the dagger between her hands tightly as she closes her eyes whispering under her breath.

The wind picks up speed, surrounding the whole pack, she suddenly opens her eyes and I gasp in shock when I see they are white. She continues to murmur under her breath raising the dagger up in the sky and finally touching the tip of dagger inside the bowl.

I watch in shock as it suddenly fills up with a red liquid. What in hell is going on?

I bring my gaze to Artemis, a questioning look on my face. "What's that?"

"That is the blood of everyone you see here excluding Esme, you and I." She replies

My eyes widening when I stare at the bowl filled with blood. Am I going to drink that?

"You're not going to drink it Storm." Artemis chuckles and I stare at her in surprise.

Did I say that out loud?

"If I'm not then what am I going to do with it?"

"Esme will dip the dagger into it and I'm going to use that to cut ourselves. I will ask you a question and just say yes I do or no I don't . After that, I'll join our hands mixing our bloods and if the moon goddess agrees, the blood in the bowl will burn out and disappear. There will be a light pressure in your mind but don't be startled it's just the packs connection with you." She ends and I gulp staring at the pointed knife.

"What if she doesn't a-

Artemis scoffs cutting me off looking up at the moon. "Oh trust me, she will."

The wind suddenly stops and Esme's eyes go back to their original colours. Just as Artemis said, she dips the knife into the bowl handing it over to her.

Artemis grabs it, slicing her palm. I watch as her blood drips into the bowl, a serious look on her face. "Do you Storm Wyatt accept to be my mate and the alpha of this pack, leading the people with compassion, truth and Justice?"

I frown thinking about what she said, can I really do this? I look up and Artemis gives a small smile. If she's there then I can so with the most serious expression I can muster I nod my head. "Yes I do." Her eyes lit up, lips twitching as she tries really hard not to smile. She grabs my hand cutting it and I wince before she holds my hand in hers squeezing tightly as our blood drops in the bowl.

The drops of blood makes a sizzling sound before it disappears leaving no trace of blood in it. My jaw drops as I stare at the empty bowl and look up to Artemis who is watching me with curiosity.

"It's okay." She whispers but I just look at her not believing that it actually happened. There is a light pinch in my mind, consuming me as if there is a whole new connection forming within me but just as it came it's gone.

I turn to face to crowd and they get up from their seat kneeling down and bowing their heads to us all the while chanting as if they have been possessed.

"We pledge allegiance to you, Alpha of Alphas."

My heart drops, mouth becomes dry as I try to comprehend the name they just called me.

Alpha of Alphas? What the fuck!

A/N; Hope you enjoy this chapter. Comment, leave a vote and share if you want.

Peace out ;)

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

473K 24K 41
When Leah is gifted with an abusive mate, you'd think she would give up on werewolves altogether. But a new experience opens her mind and heart to pa...
307K 7.1K 38
"Mine" I hear a deep voice growl. I look up to be met by two dark, sea-coloured eyes. I look at the persons face and see that he's quite tall, with d...
1.1M 27.7K 35
"I-I'm sorry for waking you up. Please forgive me Alpha." She basically threw herself to her knees and bared her neck: a sign of submission. I sighed...
134 5 7
*Warning: Contains Verbose Sex, Few Verbose Gore, Offensive Behaviors and Psychopathy* A Woman, runaway from her home. The Naked Man in the Lake, lea...