Painting Paper Hearts | ✔

By _JSMNC

(Book 1 of Paper Hearts Series | Completed October 2015) EMERALD WREN, a nineteen year old art major w... More

About the Book
foreword
Chapter 1- Feelings in a Canvas
Chapter 2- Price Tag of a Broken Heart
Chapter 3- Home Is Where Your Heart Is
Chapter 4- Murals, Models, and the First Meeting
Chapter 5- The Summer Rain Effect
Chapter 6- Build and Break
Chapter 7- Disagreements
Chapter 8- Change of Heart
Chapter 9- Playing Cinderella
Chapter 10- Into the Darkness
Chapter 12- The Sweet Escape and the Kitchen Mishaps
Chapter 13- Let the Fake Relationship Begin
Chapter 14- Sentimental Introduction
Chapter 15 - That Sunday I Saw the Real You
Chapter 16- Troubled
Chapter 17- The Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 18- Mother and Daughter
Chapter 19- Lost and Found
Chapter 20- Under A Star-studded Sky
Chapter 21- We Found Love
Chapter 22- Retracing the Past
Chapter 23- For The Sake of Peace and Forgiveness
Chapter 24- I Want To See My Daughter
Chapter 25- Of Tears and Failures
Chapter 26- Skin-Deep
Chapter 27- What I Want
Chapter 28- Fate's Design
Chapter 29- Hope for Hope
Chapter 30- Ultimatum
Chapter 31- Here We Are
Chapter 32- Our Final Say
Epilogue- Our Happiness

Chapter 11- A Kiss to Remember

51.8K 1.8K 138
By _JSMNC

*********

Please show your support by voting/comment/sharing this chapter | LEMON STUFF AHEAD, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED ;)

*********

Shit! Shit! Shit!

Colour drained from my face as I couldn't hold nature call any longer. No more. I was at my very limit. In fact, I've delayed the call of nature far too long that my bladder could explode at any time.

"Marcus..." I called, my legs squeezing tight to hold the pressure collecting inside me.

He finally looked at my direction and shot me a quizzical look. "Are you okay?"

"No. I need to pee so badly I can't take it!" My body quivered at the thought of falling water. Hopping up and down only made my call of nature an urgent of a matter.

"I need to go really, really bad." I said, biting my words.

Don't think waterfall, please! Don't think of any waterfall.

He shot me a stern look. "Why are you telling me?"

"I need you to come with me." My cheeks flamed like burning lava. I thanked God inwardly that it was a little dark in the room. "I'm too scared to go alone."

Without second thoughts, he guided me to the girl's washroom quickly. It was pretty surprising that he didn't find my request bizarre, but I didn't give it too much thought. We took the stairs up to the second floor and the girl's washroom was already in sight the moment we took a left turn.

As we were approaching the door, he stopped behind me. Startled, I turned to him.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"Umm... giving you privacy?" Marcus responded with his tone irresolute.

"I- I need you to come inside too... It's dark in there." I reasoned out in a weak voice.

Yes. It was embarrassing but Cedric told me a story of a girl who was sitting at the end of the cubicle. I was too scared to go in myself!

"Emerald, if this is your way of flirting with me—"

Before he could continue his witty remark, I interrupted him. "Sorry to burst your bubble, but you won't go inside the cubicle. Just wait outside the cubicle door. Come on!"

Before he could bolt out of my sight, I grabbed his arm and dragged him inside. I kicked the first cubicle door open with Marcus's flashlight on my hand to inspect the overall cleanliness.

Okay, clean.

I stepped in, sucked in my breath while my mind chanted a short positive note. I lifted my dress up halfway then continued on with my business.

"This is so strange." Marcus commented as he stood on the other side of the cubicle door. "You're the only girl that would dare ask me to accompany you inside a washroom."

"Oh, please, like you've never done it inside a washroom before."

He let out a small chuckle. "Sheesh. I'm not that adventurous, Emerald."

Silence enveloped the spacious washroom. Maybe I went a little too far with I said but I didn't dare say a word anymore.

"Did you...?" Marcus broke the silence and I had a feeling where this was leading to. "Are you the daring type or the passive type?"

I threw my head back in laughter. I hoped that he didn't notice my nervous laugh at all. I wouldn't blame him, he didn't know that "It's really weird that we're talking about this while I'm in the washroom stall."

"And you think bringing me inside the ladies' washroom is not weird at all? I feel like a pedophile already, and this topic is more of a punishment than pleasure."

"You could say that. Besides, you got us trapped in this building."

"You lead me here. It's partly your fault." He retorted.

"Had you showed up by the door earlier then we wouldn't be here."

He let out a heavy sigh. "Just... hurry up... please. This is traumatizing enough."

The sound of his footstep engulfed the now-quiet washroom. I ignored him as I felt the satisfactory release then a low, tiny moan escaped my mouth.

"Oh God. Please don't make call of nature sound erotic." I heard him groan from the other side.

My cheeks flamed but contained myself at giggling loudly so I cleared my throat. "I'm not moaning for you so get over yourself, Mr. Pervert."

I did a final self-check, straightened down my dress then twisted the lock open and finally washed my hands.

My heart did a somersault when I found Marcus leaning by the door post, showering me with a smug look in his face. It was as if we were in a slow motion mode when a smile tugged in the corner of his mouth.

Marcus lead the way again and this time, he was more quiet. We trekked the darkness, the hallways created an echo as we walked. I watched him cautiously from behind, his head swaying side to side. My curiosity took over.

"What are you looking for?"

"I'm sure the props room is around here." He replied without looking back.

I only nodded, not bothering asking any more. He continued to walk on until we reached the end of the hallway. To our right was the room he was looking for.

Props Room- Drama Club ONLY

He jerked the knob, shaking it then muttered a curse.

"Even this is locked, dammit." Marcus kicked the door in frustration. "I was hoping we could get in there to rest."

It made sense. This room had the things that would make this night a little better. But the fact that it was locked, I figured we would have to sleep on the floor— the cold, squeaky, old floors.

I preferred the soft pillows and a blanket.

Then it hit me. "Hey! Cedric told me about the clinic. That has pillows and blankets."

He grabbed my hand once again and went for the stairs then another floor up. This was where Cedric took me, where he showed me the lake view. This floor had a tall window and it casted the moonlight perfectly. Compared to the second floor, it was brighter up here which made me comfortable.

We stopped in front of another door. Clinic.

Marcus turned his attention to me. "What's wrong?"

Cedric's words came back to me in a flash. "Cedric said a girl committed suicide here."

Marcus scoffed. "That's bull. It's just an urban legend that the nurses say so the kids won't make up excuses to spend the day here."

My eyes squinted at him. "There's a high probability that an urban legend can be true, you know."

He just shrugged it off. "Well, up to you. You can come inside or stay in the hallway— in the dark all night, all by yourself."

The latter made me cringe.

The darkness that engulfed within the room made it ten times more unnerving. Marcus popped the flashlight app open again and started advancing to where the beds were.

Or rather, a bed.

"I thought there are beds here?" I asked, sarcasm dripping all over my tone. "I only see one."

And by that, this bed could only accommodate one person.

Marcus gritted his teeth. "What the hell? What happened to the other beds?"

"Do I look like I know? I didn't go here."

"The last time I remember, they have about three or four."

My palm met my forehead not a moment too soon. Of course, this was almost abandoned and there was a slight chance that it was functional. "And how long ago was that?"

Marcus paused, probably calculating the gap in his head. "Eight years ago? Nine?"

An exasperated sigh escaped my mouth. "Well, one of us has to sleep on the floor then."

"Yeah, one of us has to endure the cold floor all night."

"Yup! One of us has to... give up the bed for other one of us."

That prompted us into complete silence, looking at each other. It had the same eye contact as me and Erin when we were making a mental conversation.

I noticed him inching slowly but surely towards the bed. His hesitation made me jump onto the bed and claimed it before he did.

But his reaction time was swifter than I expected as his body slammed on the lower half of the bed, claiming it his.

"Hey! I saw the bed first!" I yelled, pushing him but not too forceful. He just burst into a contagious laugh.

Marcus jumped on me, making my body lay flat on the bed as he grasped both of my tiny hands. My eyes rounded in utter bewilderment. His other arm was in the air; his sinister smile was too easy to read as he wriggled his fingers.

"N-no no Marcus don't think ab— ah!" His hands attacked my sides, tickling me. My hair was a mess and my dress could slip up anytime soon. I squealed as he playfully attacked the side of my stomach and his other hand on my neck— the most sensitive part of my body. My whole figure jerked as he continued to give the most atrocious torture.

"The one who falls off the bed will sleep on the floor!" Marcus added.

"Ah! That's not fair!" I tried to push him back with all my might but it was an impossible task. His body was pressed on mine to the point that my breasts were pressing against his chest and I could feel the bulge between his legs.

Instead of feeling weird about being trapped, we just laughed it all off. The anxiety, the awkward silence in between our conversation, and the little teasing here and there.

If we were to nail this fake girlfriend charade, we must reach a level of comfort to each other. I hoped he'd help me lead to that level because it would take two to tango.

I had seen these kind of scenes in movies— the way that the man and the woman stare at each other's eyes with their bodies close to each other, the heat of the moment stirring in the air and their breaths heavy. As if time stopped for the both of them.

It was happening to me. To us.

Our position had rendered us speechless. No words were said, none of us would dare. And I knew it was leaving him hot and bothered as I felt him pressing himself to me a little. My eyes wandered around his face. The way he gaze at my lips and lick his own was just seductive, those passionate eyes that were hiding in the dark never failed to suppress their prowess. They were staring at my very soul.

I couldn't forget his innocent sleeping face that got me wondered about his eyes, those striking eyes that had left me breathless countless times. He'd danced his way to my frail heart so easily that it was almost ridiculous.

This aching feeling inside me—I once felt this when Jack and I were together.

"What's on your mind?" he asked with a hoarse voice. Marcus let go of my hand altogether then rested his elbows and arms on my side, one hand caressed the side of my face while locking me in place in the other. His face was closer this time as if he was aiming for a kiss. My fingers traced the outline of his strong jaws.

"I don't think this is the smartest thing to do," I muttered in an almost whispery voice. "But I don't dislike it."

"You can push me away, Emerald." He could fool me with his words but his tone was telling me otherwise.

And my heart agreed with him.

"No, let's stay this way a little longer,"

"You're not weirded out by it?" Marcus probed.

"What's weird is you're not leaning in for a kiss yet."

A grin plastered in the corners of his mouth, watching me in an amused expression.

"But you're only allowed to kiss me three times in this whole charade." I didn't know what came over me, but I was feeling a little too comfortable around him. His triumphant smile soon faded.

"Three? That's it?"

"That's another rule. Take it or leave it,"

"I'll make each kiss count then,"

His lips landed on mine before I could even catch a breath. My eyes quickly shut at the feeling of his warm lips pressing on mine. It had been quite a while since I kissed a guy before, but the way he kissed me made me feel like I had never done it before. As if I hadn't done it right.

He was hungry. His tongue tormented both my upper and lower lip to open for him. He sucked them, licked them, and bit them softly. I couldn't suppress the moan I had been sealing inside me.

"Open your mouth Emerald," he murmured with his dreamy eyes meeting mine. He kissed my chin then traced it back up to my lips, making me squirm at the sensation of his lips on my skin.

My fingers traced the outline of his shoulder blades whilst he played with my mouth. Finally, my mouth slightly opened and his tongue did not think twice of bombarding it, licking the roof of my mouth, making me breath unsteadily.

Marcus was an intense kisser. Too intense for my sake.

I wasn't sure how many seconds that took— it felt like it lasted a minute... or more.

Marcus pulled his head away from mine, studying me from atop. I was catching my breath, my chest heaving from air deprivation. My heart wanted to burst right there and then as my face flamed as he watched me with a devilish grin.

"T-that was... something." Was all I managed to say to him before we fell into silence.

Marcus dropped beside me then pulled me in for an embrace like a couple after making love to each other.

"You're down to two kisses, mister." I reminded him.

"I'd risk both of them to get another one of those kiss." He retorted then planted a kiss on my forehead.

A small smile carved in the corners of my mouth. "On the bright side, we can share the bed now."

"It's better this way," He murmured.

His chin rested on top of my head and my face buried in his chest. I could feel his steady and serene breathing.

He was right. It was better this way.

*******

A/N: Editing is so much work! Now that I realize it, there's so much purple prose in my story that I need to eliminate. That's why editing is taking forever. LOL. Anyway, I hope you like it!

Song: ♪ Melt Into You by Sara Haze ♪

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.4K 351 15
In a battle with the Reverse Flash Barry Allen accidentally reverses time to the day he woke up from his coma (this is my very first story please try...
4.2K 331 16
Annyeong armieess.. Oru teakook yoonmin love story ahn WAIT FOR ME. Enn karuthi namjinhope illen alla..avarum und. Pinne vereyum ningalde fav charact...
231K 3.2K 42
ONGOING 2024!!! Dating A Fnaf Boy isn't as easy as it seems. It comes with it's ups and downs, but no matter what they still love you. Characters: Fr...
131K 1.5K 81
Short stories of your favourite drivers! ✰⋆🌟✪🔯Requests are open✰⋆🌟✪🔯