From Victim to Lover

By spencerreidluver224

She was the victim and now she's in love with the fellow agent that rescued her. Will it last or will their j... More

The Rescue
Confrontation
Come Back To Me
Undercover
The Return
Holiday
Aruba
Hannah Evans
Lover's Lane
I'd Wait for you
Ghost from my past
Wedding Day
United
Frenemies
Baby...
Ambivalent.
Redemption
Happiness
Honeymoon.
Girl's Night Out
Christmas
Puppy
Gillferd
Recovery
Soulmate
Reid?
Old Friends
Retirement
A/N

Reintroductions

69 2 0
By spencerreidluver224

Hannah's POV

6 years later....

I am awoken by the pounding of my heart. I roll out of bed and get in the shower. As I get out of the shower I think of Spencer. Has he given me another thought since the hospital 6 years ago?

I push the thought aside grabbing a red buttoned up blouse and black tight jeans. I curl my hair and put on neutral makeup with eyeliner to make my eyes pop. As I pull my shoes out of the closet I start to breath in and out. I look at my phone and notice that it's almost time to leave. I grab my purse and the go-bag Emily told me I had to have together. I only live 10 minutes away from work, So I head to Starbucks and then get to the office. I already passed my gun qualification so I get off the elevator and head inside the double glass doors into the bullpen full of desks and agents.

"Do you know where I can find Emily Prentiss' Office" I ask an agent. But before he could answer I hear my name. "Hannah? How are you?" Emily asks leaning against the rail above us. She waves for me to come up to her. As I get up the stairs she motions me into her office. "Well the FBI doesn't have me in therapy anymore so I would say I'm doing okay but being alone really sucks. It brings me back. But I am taking my medication and doing what I need to do." I say she leans in and hugs me. I hug her back smiling.

"I get that. Well now you are part of this family" I she smiles at me. She is the only person who has been there for me since I was rescued and I appreciate it so much.

"So you're in charge now?" I say looking around the office. As she goes to answer a guy I don't recognize comes up to the door and knocks."We have a case Prentiss." He turns to me.

"Thanks Luke. Luke this is SSA Hannah Evans our newest member." she says pointing to me as he reaches his hand out I shake it and smile. "Nice to meet you." he says "You too" I respond following them. I follow Emily to the room where the rest of the team is sitting waiting for her. They brief us on the case and we get to the jet. She turns to me. "You ready to get out in the field?" I nod.

"Emily says I should remember you but I don't. Have we worked a case together before." she asks sitting in front of me on the jet. I smile and look down. "It wasn't a case per say but I remember you. You were the one who interviewed me in my hospital room. SSA Evans. I came from the Intelligence branch. You and your team rescued me six years ago in Arizona. I was being held captive, the three people I was held with died and I was on my deathbed when you rescued me. I think I remember you saying your name was Jareau but I could call you JJ" I say fidgeting my pen. I slightly look up with my eyes and see him making his way towards us.

"Omg yeah. The Gary Cole murders. Your information about him being a narcissistic sadist really helped our investigation." He reaches his hand out "Dr. Spencer Reid. I don't know if you remember but I.." "Stayed in my room so I wasn't alone until I was able to be released I remember." I smile making eye contact. "I also remember David Rossi." I say seeing him walk towards me too. He looks at me and gives me a sly smile, "I wrote a book about the Gary Cole murders but I never got to interview the one survivor." he says sitting next to me.

"I need a minute" I say standing up and going to the bathroom Emily followed "Sorry. Just I felt so overwhelmed. I knew there were going to be questions but I don't know if I want to relive that whole experience just yet. It's still too soon. Honestly I don't know If I will ever be able to talk about that again because losing my three closest friends made me feel like I lost a part of myself." I say opening the door and looking at her.

"Please. If anyone gets that it is this team. Just come sit out there with me and I will tell them to talk about the case and leave you alone. " She says placing her hand on my shoulders and giving me a sincere smile. "Thanks, Emily. I don't have to be babied. Let's just talk about the case please." I say walking past her and picking up the case file sitting in front of Emily.

"When we land, Reid, Evans you guys go to the crime scene. Lewis Simmons go see the medical examiner. The rest of us will set up at the local PD" Emily says. We all finish discussing the case anf I can feel Spencer's eyes on me for the rest of the trip. I don't know if he is trying to figure me out or what but I get butterflies and smile to myself staring out the window.

Honestly as my first crime scene with the BAU this one hit hard. The Unsub is killing female children between the ages of 7-9 and taking their left ring finger.

Spencer's POV

"Well maybe the Unsub thinks he is protecting these girls from marriage. His parents probably either weren't together or got divorced when he was at this age." she says walking past me examining the body.

I stare at her instead of focusing on the case. I never get this cloudy or side-tracked around people. It's driving me crazy, the way her hair is falling slightly curled over her shoulders. Her green eyes flicking from the body to the grassy area surrounding the body. I remember our conversation fully. Her eyes filled with pain and regret staring at me as we talk about our lives and literature I smile at the thought of that conversation in the hospital room.

"Yeah I agree. We should tell Prentiss about this and what you said. I am sorry if you felt overwhelmed by all the questions and such on the jet. We just never have someone who survived what you did and transfer in here. I mean you will fit in." I say. She looks at me confused. "How so? Fit in? Listen I know about you guys. I switched in from Intelligence. I know that Agent Jareau has been tortured by someone she once considered a friend. I know Emily had to leave you guys, had her death faked, and went to work for Interpol again after an ex boyfriend got out of jail. David Rossi I don't know a lot about but i bet he has had his fair share of trauma. You, were abducted and held hostage multiple times, you had to watch your girlfriend die in front of your eyes. You were framed for murder by a psychopath who just wanted to get in your pants, that psychopath later tried to ruin your relationship but was unsuccessful. You are dealing with a sick mother and you are scared of your own mind because as I recall you saying, you have an IQ of 187, Eidetic Memory, and read up to 20,000 words per minute. I know you had an old Unit Chief Aaron Hotchner who went into witness protection with his son after being intimidated by Mr.Scratch, Hotchner also lost his wife to George Foyett aka the Boston Reaper AKA Peter Rhea. And all of that is just what was in your files." she says. Looking up at her as she drives back.

"How do you remember that?" I ask. "I come from the intelligence unit, I graduated high school at 14, have a photographic memory, and an IQ of 185. You aren't the only genius in the car Doctor." she says smiling staring into my eyes. I feel my mind getting out of focus. I shake my head and stare out the window as she pulls off the side of the road. I can still see a smile on her face. "You're just a mystery that has to be figured out aren't you Hannah?." I say raising an eyebrow at her. Her cheeks go slightly red and I get that butterfly feeling again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hannah's POV

As I am moving stuff into my desk once we return, Emily comes up to me.

"I don't know what you said to Spence but he has been crazy about finding out about you since we landed." she says sitting on the corner of my desk as I place a picture of Grace, Angelina, and Alana. "Really? i just proved my intelligence equaled his in some form. I reminded him of every piece of trauma I knew about you guys from reading your cases and then told him about my IQ and my memory." I say shrugging my shoulders slightly smiling to myself. I think about his eyes in the car when I said what I said. His sly comment.

"Ladies, we are going out for drinks you girls want to come?" JJ asks approaching my desk.

Emily looks at me and knows other than her I have never had true friends. She wants me to be a part of this family. She leans in "You in? You don't have to." I think about it and remember I should put myself out there. "Sure why not let's go. But I am telling you I don't dance."

"Well with this group you won't have a chance to sit they will force you to dance." Tara laughs. We all get up and get on the elevator laughing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spencer's POV

I worry about being out in public with the team. I hate being social and surrounded by alcohol. "Will you loosen up a little bit boy wonder." Garcia says sitting in the stool next to me. "You know I can't. This really isn't my scene. Hey where's Emily?" I say rolling my eyes. "She is picking up Hannah. She should be here any minute." my stomach twists and I run my fingers through my hair. I shift in my stool and think to myself, "Hannah is coming?" I respond to her. "Mhmmm we wanted to make her feel like part of the team." "You know. I can't pretend I didn't notice how nervous she makes you Spence? You like her Spencer don't you. I notice the way you stare when you think no one is watching." JJ says stepping in front of me. I roll my eyes and order a drink.

Across the bar I hear Emily and slightly turn my head to wave hi. Hannah is awkwardly standing slightly behind Emily staring at the ground. I look her up and down and notice how her dress fits her tightly around her hips and thighs. The dark dress making her eyes pop in this light. "Go talk to her." JJ says nudging me forward. "Can I just have a water please?" I hear her order. "Uh-Uh. You can't just have water tonight. You're drinking." she rolls her eyes and takes the beer from Emily. I approach her smiling. "How do you and Emily know each other so well?" I ask her standing next to her "She helped me through life after the whole Gary thing." she says "Wanna dance. I am not very good but I have a buzz and don't care" she asks spinning to look at me. My stomach is filled with butterflies and I begin playing with my hair staring at her in the eyes I nod. The rest of the night was a blur.

When I wake up and Hannah is in my bed naked I shiver and try to remember the rest of last night but I can't. My thoughts are interrupted by the alarm going off and I hear her mumble "shit". I smile and blush getting in the shower.

Hannah's POV

6 months have passed and I love the team. i have never had a family but now I do. But still I know there is no one that would remember today because I didn't tell anyone about today. As I walk through those oh so familiar glass doors I walk to my desk on it is an envelope, 'Please enjoy this scavenger hunt-EP" I shake my head she better not have.

Clue one: The place where you received this job. I head to Emily's office. Where there is a balloon and another envelope.

Clue two: Through thick and thin, this keeps you going when you're tired

Well I know Spencer didn't right these. I head to the coffee pot on it is the final clue

Clue three: Now go to the place where the screen show us the horror of the world.

I know this surprise party is for me did they think these clues were supposed to throw me off guard. I head to the conference room and know I should act surprised. As i step in the lights are thrown on and I get hit with confetti.

"Happy Birthday." They scream and I smile because I know I have people who care about me.

From across the room I can feel his eyes on me, I purposefully ignore them. As I make my way across the room I begin to move slower. I don't remember exactly what happened but when you wake up next to your co worker after a night of drinking you tend to avoid eye contact.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

My Nerd By Rat

Fanfiction

256K 3.5K 59
Y/n Y/l/n just started her new job at the behavioral analysis unit, meeting a nerdy, yet handsome man named Spencer Reid. - Very shitting writing so...
98.3K 2.9K 31
After her sudden departure from the BAU, Y/N and Spencer have spent the last four years apart, yet somehow, they keep finding their way back to each...
4.8K 71 20
"𝑰'𝒎 𝒔𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒚, 𝑰 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒌 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒔𝒆" Y/N thought she was over her past but when she had to face it again she realized it st...
264K 4.1K 33
Fake romance between two coworkers at the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit possibly turns into a real spark. But can two people separate personal and b...