Together Hamesha (MaNan Versi...

By IntricatelyExpressed

Nandini : Ab mei yeh natak aur nahi kar sakti Manik. You and I, it's over Manik. It's over. Two souls, Mani... More

Character Sketch
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
For my Readers
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 30

2.2K 69 6
By IntricatelyExpressed

Chacha stormed towards Manik and jerked him away from Nandini by his collar. Fab 4, Abhimanyu and Chachi had tried to stop Chacha but he had paid no heed to their words. He was too desperate to meet his daughter to wait any longer. The moment they saw Chacha enter the room, they were more or less aware of the chaos that would take place when he saw Manik and Nandini together. They followed him inside but before any of them could do something to stop Chacha, his hand came in contact with Manik's cheek and the slap echoed through the entire room. Loud gasps filled the silence inside the room.

Nandini : CHACHA!

Nandini exclaimed, horrified at her Chacha's behavior while Manik wordlessly stood there, with his head hung low.

Chacha : Maine kaha tha na ki Nandini se dur rehna. Uske aas paas dikhayi mat dena. Toh kyu aaye ho tum yaha? CHALE JAAO YAHA SE AUR DOBAARA APNI SHAKAL MAT DIKHANA HUME.

He bellowed as anger burned in his eyes. Nandini confusingly shifted her gaze between Manik and Chacha. What had Manik done to be a victim of Chacha's wrath? Why wasn't Manik saying anything in his defense? These were the questions that circled around Nandini's mind. As she sensed that Manik was about to walk out on her again, her rapidly beating heart picked up its cadence and she held his hand in a death grip. Manik twisted his torso at the touch and his heart pinched at the sight of unshed tears in Nandini's eyes. It hurt him to see her on the verge of crying again.

Nandini : Nahi.

She whispered almost inaudibly but Manik caught her words. His heart sank to his stomach at the vulnerability and terror in her voice. He didn't want to go away either but he also didn't want to put Nandini at crossroads where she had to choose between her Chacha and him. He knew that she wouldn't be able to make that choice. And he wanted to make it easier for her. As they continued to stare at each other, they didn't realize when Chacha was going to break their hold but Chachi pulled him fiercely by his arm.

Chachi : BAS KIJIYE.

Chachi screamed exasperatedly. That seemed to bring Manik and Nandini out of their daze.

Chachi : Manik waisa nahi hai jaisa aap samajh rahe hai. Woh badal gaya hai. Aur hamari Nandini se bahut pyaar karta hai. Aur agar aaj Nandini zinda hai toh woh sirf aur sirf Manik ki wajah se hai.

Chachi claimed furiously. She was done with her kids sacrificing their happiness because of other people. She wouldn't let anyone or anything separate Manik and Nandini and if she had to fight with her husband for that, then be it. She would do it in the blink of an eye. But she wouldn't let her kids suffer in silence because they respect their elders and won't go against their wishes. Chacha gaped at her in complete astonishment.

Chacha : Yeh aap kya keh rahi hai? Aap jaanti hai na Manik ne kya kya kia hai. Aaj uski wajah se Nandini hospital mei hai. Aur aap abhi bhi uski tarafdaari kar rahi hai?

Chacha questioned disbelievingly and Chachi pinched the bridge of her nose to restrain herself from lashing out on her husband.

Chachi : Agar Manik uss doctor ko America se nahi bulata toh Nandini aaj hamare saamne nahi baithi hoti. Aapko bahut badi galatfehmi hui hai..

But before Chachi could say anything further, they all heard an audio being played.

"Nyonika Malhotra jo chahti hai, usse paa kar hi rehti hai. Manik ko pata bhi nahi chala aur ek hi jhatke mei maine uski Nandini ko maut ka darwaza dikha dia. Lekin afsoos woh bach gayi. But not an issue. Coma se bahar aayegi bhi ya nahi, uski koi guarantee nahi hai. Aur Manik toh already apne aap ko blame kar raha hai. Usse lagta hai ki yeh sab uski wajah se hua hai. Isliye woh definitely Nandini se nahi milega. Aur agar woh Nandini se milna bhi chahe toh Nandini ke Chacha usse Nandini se milne nahi denge. Woh itne bhole hai ki Manik aur uske dosto ke baare mei maine unse do-teen jhooth kya bole diye, woh toh unn sab se nafrat karne lage hai. I'm sure woh unnlogo ko Nandini ke aas paas bhi nahi aane denge. Aur agar yeh plan work nahi karega toh mere paas dusre plans bhi ready hai. I'll make sure ki Manik aur Nandini ek doosre ke paas kabhi nahi aa paaye."

Mukti pressed the pause button as the audio recording came to an end and everyone stared at Mukti with their mouths hanging open.

Manik : Tune yeh kab kia?

He asked, completely baffled at what he just heard.

Mukti : Ussi din. I thought maybe we'll need it.

She shrugged her shoulders. Manik strode towards Mukti and gave her a tight hug. She staggered on her feet due to the sudden force but balanced herself and reciprocated the hug.

Manik : Tu best hai yaar!

He remarked gratefully as he broke apart. Everyone in the room had huge smiles plastered on their faces, except Chacha. He was utterly shocked at the revelation and his heart squeezed in guilt. He despised himself for the way he had behaved with Manik merely on the basis of half the truth.

Nandini : Thank you Mukti!

She beamed as tears welled up in her eyes at the way she had always been supportive towards Manik.

Mukti : Shut up Nandini. Mujhe thank you bolne ki koi zarurat nahi hai. Tumhare aur Manik ke liye kuch bhi!

Mukti smiled and winked at her. Manik shuffled his gaze between the two of them as his heart inflated with pride. While everyone was exchanging pleasant smiles, Abhimanyu's phone started to vibrate and he left the room to receive the call. Nandini looked towards Chacha whose back was facing her. Manik, who's eyes just shifted in Nandini's direction, followed her gaze and his smile dwindled when he saw remorse etched on Chacha's features.

Nandini : Dekha Chacha. Mei Manik ki wajah se hospital mei nahi hu. Woh bura nahi hai.

Nandini pointed out in a low voice. Chacha lifted his lashes to glimpse at Manik. He walked up to Manik and stood a few feet away from him.

Chacha : Mujhse bahut badi galti hogayi tumhe samajhne mei. Mujhe maaf kar do Manik.

He apologized and touched his forehead to the fingers of his joint hands in front of Manik. Manik immediately held his hands and pulled them down while nodding his head sideways.

Manik : Nahi Chacha, yeh aap kya kar rahe hai? Aapko maafi maangne ki koi zarurat nahi hai. Ismei aapki koi galti nahi hai. Please aap sorry mat boliye.

He explained while Chacha's head stayed lowered in shame.

Chacha : Nahi Manik. Pata nahi gusse mei aakar maine tumhe kya kya bol dia. Tumhe Nandini se dur rehne ke liye kaha. Ek baar bhi tumhe safaai dene ka mauka nahi dia aur kisi aur ki baaton par bharosa karke, ek hi jhatke mei tumhe galat samajh lia. Mujhse bahut badi bhul hogayi. Please mujhe maaf kar do.

He tried to fold his hands again but Manik didn't allow him to.

Manik : Maine kaha na. Aapki koi galti nahi hai. Aur aap bade hai. Bache galti kare toh daatna toh bado ka haq hota hai. Aur aapne jo accusations lagaye the woh sab galat nahi the. Woh saari cheezein maine ki hai. Sivaay ek ke. Infact mei bhi Nandini ki iss haalat ka culprit khud ko hi maan raha tha jab tak mujhe sach nahi pata chala. Aap galat nahi the. Isliye khudko blame mat kijiye.

Manik expounded earnestly. Chacha passed him a timid smile and kept a hand on his head.

Chacha : Tum hamari Nandu ke liye perfect ho.

Hearing this, a full-blown smile broke out on Manik's face. Tears welled up in Nandini and Chachi's eyes as they witnessed the exchange between Chacha and Manik. Nandini felt proud of the person that Manik had turned into. He was no longer the person who didn't care about anyone else's feelings and had no respect for elders. This Manik was the complete opposite of the Manik that she had met, when she entered college on her first day. Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard Chacha's next words.

Chacha : Ab tum thodi der Nandini ke paas baitho. Hum sab bahar jaate hai. Vaise bhi meri wajah se tum dono ko bahut dooriyan sehni padi hai.

He said remorsefully. Manik didn't like it one bit.

Manik : Agar aapne ek aur baar apne aap ko blame kia na toh mei.. (he thought for a second) toh mei Nandini ko lekar yaha se bhaag jaaonga.

Chacha's eyes widened in wonder and Manik cheekily bobbed his head. All the others burst out laughing at his fake ultimatum. A smile twitched at Chacha's mouth as he realized what Manik tried to do. He just nodded his head when they all heard someone clapping their hands. All heads swivelled in the direction of the clatter and their eyes bulged out of their sockets as they came face to face with the owner of that sound. Nyonika Malhotra stood at the door, a sly smirk playing along her lips.

Nyonika : Arey Manik, tum yaha?

She feigned surprise and turned her gaze towards Nandini.

Nyonika : Oh Nandini! Kaisi ho?

She asked sneakily. Manik's jaw clenched as fury gushed through his veins. Nandini tried her best to hide the dread that had settled in her heart from showing on her face but one look into Nandini's eyes and Manik knew the turmoil of her heart. His temper rose and he planted himself in front of Nyonika, obstructing her view of Nandini.

Manik : Tum yaha kya kar rahi ho?

He tried to ask as calmly as possible but rage still laced his voice.

Nyonika : Mei toh yaha Nandini se milne aayi hu. Lekin mujhe nahi pata tha tum bhi mujhe yahi miloge.

She simpered. Manik's patience was wearing out by the second. After what Nyonika had done, he couldn't stand her, not even for a second.

Nyonika : Well anyway. Let me meet Nandini first.

She said and was about to saunter towards Nandini when he towered over her and bore his fiery eyes into her carny ones.

Manik : DON'T. YOU. DARE. GO. NEAR. NANDINI.

He stressed on each word threateningly and Nyonika took a step back, a little scared of the increasing red that clouded his eyes. But she composed herself a little too quickly for anyone to catch her distress.

Nyonika : Come on Manik. Mei Nandini ko kha nahi jaaungi. Bas usse uska haal-chaal puchkar chali jaaungi.

She spoke greasily and Manik clenched his fists by his sides to control his anger.

Manik : Woh thik hai. Pata chal gaya naa. So now, go.

He tried his best to speak in a composed tone. But Nyonika had decided to test his forbearance today.

Nyonika : Tum toh aise behave kar rahe ho jaise ki mere Nandini ke paas jaate hi woh mar jaayegi.

As soon as the words left her lips, Manik's eyes enlarged and narrowed at her in contempt.

Manik : SHUT UP!

He ground out angrily. He dragged in a deep breath to control his blazing nerves.

Manik : Hum sab jaante hai ki tumhare asli motives kya hai. So just leave.

He ordered but Nyonika wasn't one of those who would oblige orders and leave so easily, especially after she knew that Manik and Nandini were back together. She had come here with a purpose and until it wasn't fulfilled, she wouldn't put her foot outside this room. But before she could say anything, a voice drained the smirk down her face.

"Well, well, well! Nyonika Malhotra! What a pleasant surprise!"

Nyonika swiftly turned on her heel to face the owner of the voice. Abhimanyu stood right in front of her eyes and she was stunned to say the least. Nyonika knew of Abhimanyu as a student of SPACE Academy since she had some hint of his friendship with Nandini and Fab 5. She was also aware about his sudden dropout from college, since she's one of the members of the Board, but she didn't know the actual reasons behind it. She didn't care anyway.

Nyonika : Tu.. Tum toh Abhimanyu ho na?

She faltered and Abhimanyu smiled smugly at her. He took a few steps in her direction while the others glanced at Abhimanyu in complete perplexity.

Abhimanyu : Not bad Mrs. Malhotra. Aapki memory toh kaafi sharp hai. Itne mahino purana student aapko yaad hai toh kuch hafto purana crime bhi yaad hi hoga. Haina?

He complacently arched a brow in question and Nyonika stood dumbstruck at his direct accusation but was quick to hide it. Everyone gaped at Abhimanyu except for this one person who was internally enjoying the entire scenario that was unfolding in the hospital room. It was only on some days when Nyonika Malhotra could be rendered completely speechless and today was one such day. Mukti walked towards Abhimanyu and looped a hand around his shoulder.

Mukti : Of Course she remembers. She never forgets anything. Right Mrs. Malhotra?

Mukti smirked and Nyonika threw a dagger at her.

Nyonika : Yeh tum dono kya bakwaas kar rahe ho?

She gritted through clenched teeth and Mukti and Abhimanyu exchanged amused glances. They clearly were having a gala time in mocking her.

Mukti : Oh. Hum dono bakwaas kar rahe hai? (Turning her face towards Abhimanyu) I think hume inhe yaad dilana padega ki hum kis baare baat kar rahe hai.

Abhimanyu nodded at her and swiveled his head towards Nyonika.

Abhimanyu : Manik ki accident waali raat yaad hai?

He asked as he started to circle around Nyonika. Sweat beads formed on Nyonika's forehead in response to his question and dread was now clearly visible on her face.

Abhimanyu : Khair, aapko toh yaad hi hoga. Toh aage badte hai. Well, uss raat ko mei Manik se mila tha. Mei hi usse samjhakar Nandini ke paas waapis lekar aaya tha. Lekin I think yeh baat aapko pata nahi thi. Aur aapne sabse badi yeh hi galti kar di.

He completed as he lodged himself between Mukti and Nyonika. The absolute bewilderment on Nyonika's face was a sight to behold. And the next voice just added more load to her already frightened heart.

Manik : Tumhe kya laga Nyonika? Ki Nandini tumhare plan ki wajah se hospital mei hai?

He started as he walked and stood beside Abhimanyu.

Manik : Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. So sad that I have to break your bubble but that's not the case. Nandini ka operation already uss din ke liye scheduled tha. So accident news or no news, she would have been operated that day. And she went inside the operation theatre thinking that I'm alive. That's the reason she's breathing and healthy.

He ended with a satisfied smirk on his face which turned into an O, the next second, when a thought crossed his mind. Confusion had been the constant expression on every face who wasn't aware of Manik's, Abhimanyu's and Mukti's motives.

Manik : And since your main motive was to keep me and Nandini away from each other, let me tell you that we never were. Mei hamesha usse milne aata tha. Uske aas paas rehta tha. Infact, jis din usse hosh aaya, mei uske paas baitha tha. Aur Chacha.. (Manik glanced towards him) ..unhe pata tha ki tumne unhe mere khilaaf bhadkaya hai. So, he was always on our side.

Manik blatantly lied and Chacha gaped at Manik as he admitted to his presence near Nandini. Nyonika's nervousness had started to become visible in the form of her jittery hands as she shuffled her gaze between Manik and Nandini. But her nostrils flared as she focused her regard on Nandini. And that was exactly what Manik was aiming at. He knew that the combination of anger and apprehension would make Nyonika create a blunder. If she was his mom, he was her blood too. And Manik's intentions hit the right nail in the coffin.

Nyonika : That is impossible. Private investigatior ne khud mujhe tumhare accident ke baare mei bataya tha aur yeh bhi kaha tha ki tum gaadi mei nahi ho. Usne mujhe tumhare aur Mishti ke jhagde ki bhi khabar di thi. Mujhe Nandini ke tumor ke baare mei already pata tha, isliye toh maine tumhari fake death ka plan banaya. Aur dusre din, uss investigator ne khud mujhse kaha tha ki Nandini tumhare accident ki khabar sunte hi behosh hogayi thi aur uss waqt tum waha nahi the. Aur rahi baat uske chacha ki, toh maine uhne aisi-aisi baatein batayi thi ki there was no chance woh tumhari safaai bhi sunte.

She blurted out and panic covered her features as soon as she realized what she just said.

Manik : I think that is enough proof, Inspector.

Nyonika's body pivoted towards Manik and her eyes popped out of her sockets at the sight of 3 police officers, including a lady police officer at the entrance.

Nyonika : Wh-what proof?

She stuttered, completely startled as the conspiracy against her started to make sense.

Manik : When you were happily chatting away with someone about your malicious deeds, Mukti recorded your side of the conversation. And you just admitted to making a plan about my fake death. Not too hard to join the dots, isn't it?

He lifted a brow mockingly as his signature smirk played along his lips.

Inspector : You're under arrest Mrs. Malhotra.

The Inspector announced and indicated the lady officer to handcuff Nyonika.

Nyonika : YOU DON'T KNOW WHO I AM. DON'T YOU DARE!

She bellowed threateningly and pointed a finger at the officer but the fright in her tone could be clearly heard. However, her words didn't seem to petrify the officer and she reached out for Nyonika's hands and handcuffed them despite Nyonika's attempts to break free from the hold. With great effort, the officer pulled Nyonika towards the door.

Nyonika : Mei chodungi nahi tumlogo ko. You all will have to pay for this.

She yelled warningly before the lady officer pulled her out of the room, followed by another sub-inspector. Inspector Deshmukh turned towards Manik.

Inspector : Thank you Mr. Malhotra. It was good that you called us and we could reach here in time. Justice will definitely be served now.

Manik nodded and smiled at him. They shook hands and the Inspector left from there.

Nandini : Tumne Inspector ko call kab kia Manik?

She inquired and Manik spun around to face her.

Manik : I did not.

He disclosed and Nandini's brows knitted in confusion.

Abhimanyu : Police ko call maine kia tha.

He voiced out and started to narrate the incident that led him to calling the police.

*Flashback*

Abhimanyu stepped outside the room to receive a call. Once he was done, he saw Nyonika treading towards Nandini's room, a sly smile on her face. He turned his back to her so as to stay out of her sight and succeeded.

Abhimanyu : What is she doing here?

He thought to himself. As possibilities invaded his mind, there was only one of them that seemed to make sense : She probably knows that Manik and Nandini are together and has just come here to create chaos. An idea clicked in his mind and he started to type something on his phone and made a call before heading inside.

*Flashback ends*

Abhimanyu : I texted Mukti that I've called the cops and we need to somehow get Nyonika to blab the truth out. And as soon as I was out of Nyonika's sight while I circled around her, I mouthed two words, police and confession, to Manik and he understood what Mukti and I were attempting to do and helped us.

He explained. Realization dawned on everyone and humongous smiles spread across their faces, except Nandini.

Cabir : Finally, she is out of our lives. Phew!

Cabir dramatically let out a sigh and everyone chuckled. Manik's eyes travelled towards Nandini but instead of happiness, he noticed stress lines etched on her forehead. He headed towards her and sat down on the bed beside her. He took her face in his hands and Nandini lifted her lashes at the contact.

Manik : Kya hua?

He asked lovingly and her hollow eyes bore into his concerned ones.

Nandini : She said that she won't leave us.

She blubbed as perturbation gripped her heart and Manik's brows creased as he tried to comprehend her words.

Nandini : I can't stay away from you Manik. I just can't.

Nandini said fearfully and hot tears stung her eyes, the mere thought making it difficult for her to breathe. In that moment, she needed to feel as close to Manik as possible. She threw herself in his arms and sniffled in his chest. Manik was downright agitated as the meaning of her words sank in and he wrapped her tiny frame in his arms as tightly as possible. She clung to him like a second skin and his heart twisted at Nandini's sobs. The others were equally concerned but they knew that all Nandini needed was Manik. So, they left the room to give some privacy to the duo. As Nandini's sobs susided, she got out of Manik's grasp. Manik's face held a sombre expression as he wiped the tears off Nandini's cheeks.

Manik : Koi mujhe tumse alag nahi kar paayega Nandini. Mei ab kisi ko bhi aisa nahi karne dunga. Tum aur mei, hum hamesha ek doosre ke paas rahenge. No matter what.

He affirmed and gently stroked her cheek.

Nandini : Promise?

She asked doubtfully and held her hand out.

Manik : I promise.

He vowed and placed his palm on hers. A miniscule smile formed across her lips and she engulfed Manik in for another hug.

Nandini : I love you!

She gushed ecstatically as Manik's arms gathered her.

Manik : I love you too!

He admitted and they stayed in that position for a while.

In the evening

Manik had asked everyone to go home and take some rest while he stayed the night with Nandini at the hospital. Everyone had instantly agreed to him and they all headed home. Chachi had insisted on cooking food for Manik and Nandini since she knew that none of them liked the bland food of the hospital canteen. Manik agreed to it only after asking for Dr. Arohi's permission and having her make a list of everything that should and shouldn't be included in Nandini's diet and handing it over to Chachi for reference. He didn't want to take any chances with Nandini's health.

Manik was serving the food that his driver had brought from Chachi's place for Nandini and him on a plate while Nandini was sneakily adoring him. Once done, he sat beside Nandini and held out a spoonful of khichdi for her to eat. Nandini was quick to put the spoon in her mouth and she shut her eyes as she relished the taste of home-cooked food that her tastebuds craved since a week. The insipid, hospital food had made her realize the magic that lay in the food her Chachi cooked. Her lips quirked up into a content smile as she leisurely gulped the morsel down, enjoying every bit of it. Manik beamed as he saw Nandini be so happy and carefree. He had missed seeing immense joy on her face. They completed dinner while feeding each other in comfortable silence, allowing their eyes to do all the talking. Manik stood up to keep the empty plate aside and brought back Nandini's medicines. He handed them to her along with a glass of water.

Manik : Ek baat puchu?

He asked as Nandini gulped her medicines down. She vigorously nodded in response and signalled Manik to sit beside her. Manik obliged and fidgeted with his fingers while staring at them. He sucked in a breath before he looked into Nandini's eyes.

Manik : I know maine tumhare saath pichle kuch dino mei jo kia uske baad mujhe tumse yeh sawaal puchne ka koi haq nahi hai par tumne mujhe yaha bulane ke liye woh natak kyu kia? Aur tumhe kaise pata chala ki mei Mumbai mei hi hu?

Nandini's smile faded at the way he started his question. She hated how Manik was still blaming himself even after she had forgiven him.

Nandini : Jab tum jaante ho tumhara koi haq nahi hai toh kyu puch rahe ho?

She counter-questioned and immediately regretted it as she noticed some hurt fleet through his features for a microsecond because he was quick to mask his emotions. But Nandini had had enough of him and his guilt trips.

Manik : Sorry.

He apologised and got up but Nandini held his hand and pulled him back to his previous position.

Nandini : I'm sorry too. Lekin agar tum yeh kahoge ki tumhara koi haq nahi hai toh gussa toh aayega na. Agar tumhara mujhse sawaal karne ka haq nahi hai toh kiska hai Manik?

Manik pried his eyes away and Nandini let out a sigh.

Nandini : To answer your question, tumne noodles ke saath jo chit bheji thi, woh shayad galti se Mukti ke purse se gir gayi thi aur mere haath lag gayi. Tumne usmei likha tha ki jab mei aas paas nahi hu, tab woh tumhe call kare. Jab Arohi mera check up karne aayi thi tab sab bahar the and as soon as I read the chit, I understood that someone might have called you. I know maine jo kia woh bahut galat tha aur mujhe aisa nahi karna chahiye tha lekin uss waqt mere paas aur koi option nahi tha. Na hi tum mujhse baat kar rahe the aur na hi koi aur mujhe tumhare baare mei kuch bata raha tha. Mei tumhara wait kar-karke thak gayi thi and I knew ki agar tumhe pata chala ki mujhe kuch hogaya hai toh tum bina time waste kiye bhaagkar mere paas aa jaoge. And I was right. It didn't even take you 15 minutes to reach here. Manik, I know yeh...

Manik : I'm sorry Nandini. I'm so sorry.

He apologised profusely as his face constricted in anguish and repentance.

Manik : I know maine pichle ek hafte mei tumhe bahut hurt kia hai and I deserve every bit of punishment for it lekin please aisa firse kabhi mat karna. Tumhari woh chik, pure raaste mere kaano mei goonj rahi thi. The entire way, all that spiralled through my mind was the thought that I was going to lose you and this time, it would be forever. I can go through anything but losing you would kill me. I can't survive that Nandini.

He professed honestly with weepy eyes and Nandini couldn't help but let a few of her unshed tears escape her eyes.

Nandini : I won't. I promise.

She swore and held her arms out for Manik to enwrap her in a hug. Manik wound his hands around her neck and Nandini hid her face in the nape of his neck as her hands closed in around his back. He kissed her hair while she gently caressed his head. When they broke apart, Nandini held her ears.

Nandini : I'm sorry.

She said but Manik pulled her hands down and bobbed his head sideways. She gave him a full-blown smile and Manik grinned back at her.

Manik : Now you should rest. Come on.

He said and got up. He helped Nandini lie down on the bed and covered her with a blanket. He was about to sit on the stool when Nandini shifted a little in her position. She tapped on the space she created on the bed, indicating Manik to lie down next to her. Manik eyed her in skepticism but she made a puppy dog face and Manik let out a chuckle at her antics. There was no way he could deny her when she looked so cute. He adjusted himself next to her and snaked a hand around her shoulders. Nandini placed her head near his heart as she wrapped her hands around his waist and closed her eyes in solace. She dozed off in minutes, some of it from the heavy dosage of the drugs while most of it from being in the arms of the person she loved with all her heart, after such a long time. Manik's eyes crinkled at the corners at the sight of a sleeping Nandini and he kissed her forehead chastely. He pressed his cheek against her head and shut his eyes in tranquility as he drifted off to sleep with the thoughts of their worst times being over and euphoria being mingled in their lives forever.

The End

Author's note 
That is it! That's the end of a pretty long journey and I can't thank you guys enough for such an overwhelming response to the story! Thank you so much to all of you for all the love that you've showered on the book💘
- Sakshi❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 7.9K 30
Manik and Nandini were in love with each other ... they were inseparable. After so many difficulties and problems they had came together but sometime...
191K 13.7K 41
Childhood best friends but got separated. They meet after 12 years. They fell in love. They were about to tie with each other with auspicious nupt...
20.1K 1.7K 16
Nandini: We're Best Friends, right? Manik: Yes, of course. Nandini: So be honest with me. Who do you like? Manik: No one. I love someone. Nandini: oh...
96.2K 7.8K 33
The sequel to MUTUALLY MARRIED ******************************************** Manik and Nandini are finally married but for reasons apart from love. R...