Secrets

By Lexiesdaydream

what happens when a romance that was meant to be hidden becomes a lot more trickier than Mark Sloan and Lexie... More

The Morning After
Start of Something New
Results Are In
Bed Rest
Silent Treatment
One Step at a Time
Gender Reveal
Remind me later

I can't keep it in anymore

1K 20 0
By Lexiesdaydream

Morning After
Lexie woke up with a wave of nausea from the smell of what could only be one thing, bacon. Lexie quickly placed her hand over her mouth and shook her head.

The latest she could be is possibly 2 and a half weeks pregnant, she shouldn't already be feeling this sick, right? Lexie just shook it off once she heard the footsteps which caused her to look up and smile when she noticed Mark Sloan.

Her face though suddenly dropped when she noticed the plate in his hands, "I made you some breakfast. It's just some bacon and pancakes." Mark said with a soft smile as he brought the plate over.

Lexie forced a smile to show on her face as she looked at her boyfriend, "thanks, Mark..this means literally so so much but I'm actually um..not that hungry" Lexie said while trying to push the plate away from her.

"Oh shit, I'm sorry. How are you feeling?? I completely forgot.." he grabbed the plate and went to the kitchen then set it down. Lexie overall was feeling a little better, just the smell was a bit too much for her to handle.

"Actually I'm feeling a lot better, I'm just not that hungry right now. Maybe later though" Lexie said sweetly as she stood up. "Do you have work today?" Lexie asked casually, trying to change the subject. Lexie was actually relieved the second she was told she was off for Friday and Saturday and today happened to be Friday.

"Yeah, I need to be there in about an hour though so I should really start getting ready, huh?" Mark smirked then Lexie let out a small giggle as he went to the closet and pulled out some clothes, putting them on as he went to the bathroom and brushed his teeth and such.

Mark walked out while moving a hand through his hair as he smiled at her. "call me if you need absolutely anything and of course, you know how to work everything and where everything is" Lexie nodded as he talked the entire time.

Mark then kissed her quickly before running to the door but stopped when he touched the handle. Lexie raised an eyebrow as she played with her fingers, "you okay, babe?" Lexie asked with concern in her voice as Mark nodded slowly before turning around and walking to her, grabbing her by the face and kissing her softly on the lips, "I just needed to give you a better kiss than just a dumb peck" when he said that, they both burst into laughter, "go now! We don't want Dr. Sloan being late" Lexie said with a giggle as she pushed him to the door

"Call me if you need anything" Mark said with a smile before finally leaving.

A few hours later
Lexie had just gotten out the shower and was cleaning up the hotel room a bit just to make housekeepers jobs a little easier.

As she bent down to grab a towel off the floor of the bedroom, she felt a sharp pain shoot across her stomach which caused her to scream in pain and fall to the ground. She didn't know what was going on but she hoped the baby was okay because even though she was scared, this was HER baby. Hers and Mark's.

Lexie tried standing but the pain kept coming so instead, she tried crawling and then grabbed her phone, dialing the one number that came to her mind.

Mark was casually flipping through a chart of his next patient when he felt his phone buzzing, he kept it on specifically if Lexie needed him. When he grabbed it, he smiled at the contact listed, 'Lex❤️' he then answered but made sure not to say her name so no one would know.

"Hey, you miss me already?" He smirked slightly but that instantly stopped when he heard gasps of breath coming from the end. "Lexie???" He didn't care about the stares he got, something was wrong. "What's wrong?? Come on, answer me..I'm coming over" He didn't care about changing, he simply just ran out the hospital in his scrubs and got in the car, quickly driving home.

"Lexie baby, you gotta answer me..what's wrong??" Mark asked, panicked as he tried to stay calm during the drive. Mark has never been the type to get worried easily but this was his girlfriend, the woman he saw a future with. "L-lexie, you're scaring me! What's wrong??"

Lexie could only gasp out in pain before she finally saw everything go black. Mark heard the gasping stop and his eyes widened, "Lexie??? Lexie! Fuck!!" He hung up and got out the car as soon as he was there, running up to the room and unlocking it. "Lexie?!" He called out then went to the bed area and gasped when he saw his girlfriend laying unconscious on the floor.

Mark ran over and scooped Lexie into his arms, "you'll be okay, I promise..you'll be fine.." Mark whispered as he stroked her hair for a moment before standing up quickly and running out of the hotel. He got Lexie settled in the passenger seat before getting in the driver's side and speeding to the hospital.

Mark was unknown with anything about Lexie and being pregnant so he didn't know which doctor to go through. He just ran into the building with Lexie in his arms, "I need help!! Someone please just help!" He shouted, not really caring who sees his concern for Little Grey.

Meredith was running down quickly when she saw Mark then gasped when she saw the girl who was in his arms. She would deal with the Mark and Lexie romance later, right now..she cared for her sister. "someone page Dr. Bailey and Dr. Shepherd!" Meredith shouted. She needed Derek to check just to make sure she didn't have any concussions.

Miranda and Derek came running down to the room that Meredith and Mark had settled Lexie inside of then they began their work. Miranda raised an eyebrow slightly as she felt around the stomach, "Page Dr. Fields.." Miranda whispered to one of the nurses then they nodded and paged for her.

"What's the problem here?" Dr. Fields asked when she walked in then Miranda looked to make sure Meredith and Mark were still outside the room. "well Dr. Sloan brought Little Grey in because he said he got a call from her gasping in pain and when he got there, she was unconscious. We did some tests to try and find where the pain could have been coming from and well..we need you to do some pregnancy tests.." miranda said quietly.

Dr. Fields nodded slowly, "I'm just gonna do a simple ultrasound but I'll also take some blood to see because if she IS pregnant, there could be many causes of sharp pain in the stomach" dr. Fields explained before putting gel and on Lexie's stomach and looking around, "yep..there's the baby.." Dr. Fields pointed to the screen. "She seems to be around-" just as she was about to continue, Lexie groaned and slowly opened her eyes to be met with Dr. Fields, Derek, and Miranda. "W-whats going on?" Lexie asked quietly.

"Well it's good to have you with us, it seems that you're almost 3 weeks pregnant. Congratulations" Dr. Fields said and Lexie just nodded, "I-I already knew I was pregnant.." Lexie said sadly since that meant more people before Mark knew. "c-can I see Mark??" Lexie asked quickly then Derek sighed.

"I knew Mark seemed different. Just tell me, is he using you?" Derek asked while stroking Lexie's head. Lexie quickly shook it and smiled, "he treats me with so much respect..and this is his baby."

Derek nodded slowly before kissing her head, "I'll go get him" Derek said before walking out and Miranda smiled, "congrats little Grey. You did good for Dr. Sloan" Miranda then walked out after and Dr. Fields came over, "I just need to take some blood to check what caused the pain and fainting." She said sweetly before getting some blood and leaving just as Mark walked in.

"Hey, you feeling okay??" Mark asked softly as he went over to the bed and grabbed Lexie's hand. She smiled a little and nodded, "I am.." she said quietly and Mark kissed her hand.

"Gosh Lex, I've never been so worried about anything in my life..I-I finally had my life figured out but then it all came crashing down when I thought I was going to lose you.." Mark said sadly and that broke Lexie's heart.

"It's going to take more than that to get rid of me" Lexie said with a small laugh as she squeezed his hand. "T-there's something I need to tell you.." Lexie said with a small sigh as she leaned up.

Mark just smiled and nodded, "you can tell me anything..you know that." He said softly but he wasn't prepared for what he was going to hear next.

Lexie took a deep breath and nodded, "okay so..I'm just going to come out and say it.." she started

"I'm pregnant"

Oooo sorry for the cliffhanger but you know? Leaves you wondering how Mark is going to take this news..anyways. hope you enjoyed this chapter and please make sure to support this story! Xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 22 11
What if one more helping hand in the right moment could change everything? What if they were found earlier? What if Mark and Lexie survive the plane...
19K 420 20
smut warning 😩 Meredith and Derek are living out their angst when Mark comes to town and she falls hard. Though he still has his job in New York and...
144K 2.7K 36
Instead of Derek getting into an accident, what if it was Meredith back in Seattle? Will she survive? *set in season 11 when Derek was in dc
28.3K 741 58
Lexie and Mark are engaged. They are throwing an engagement party where two people, strangers, meet. What happens if one catches feelings? Will they...