Tired of pretending (kiribak...

By Blastyboi_1

Katsuki Bakugo is tired , tired of acting, putting up a wall to hide fears and insecurities. Over time it sl... More

Chapter 1: I know Im weak
Chapter 2: Somethings wrong with Bakugo
Chapter 3: Slip-ups and regrets
Chapter 4: Teacher talks and locker room shenanigans
Chapter 5: Unwanted attention leads to unlikely redemption
Chapter 6: Past tramua
Chapter 7: Sucpicons
Chapter 8: The talk (and a short monlouge)
Chapter 9: Tv talks ( a.k.a fluff chapter)
Chapter 10: Discussions
Chapter 11: To get a confession
Chapter 12: Nightmares, and how to handle them
Chapter 13: Just your average trip to the store with a piece of broccoli
Chapter 14: Strike the match
Chapter 15: Getting louder
Chapter 16: Unspoken words
Chapter 17: That dreadful feeling of faking it
Chapter 18: Worries and table talks
Chapter 19: The hard question
Chapter 20: Sweet dreams and class gossip
Chapter 21: Rude awakenings
Chapter 22: A recollection of events brought to you by the off-brand candy cane
Chapter 23: The harsh reality of life
Chapter 24: The mall (with minimal social interaction)
Chapter 25: The mall (part 2)
Chapter 26: True love and white lies
Chapter 28: Lunch time trauma buddies
Chapter 29: Keeping up with the leauge of villans
Chapter 30: The boy in bandages
Chapter 31: True feelings and class talks
Chapter 32: The dreaded parent day
Chapter 33: Nothing left to loose
Chapter 34: I'm scared |I'm worried
Chapter 35: Kidnappings and how not to handle them
Chapter 36: Recovery and searching
Chapter 37: Dealing with villans (but not really)
Chapter 38: Fixing the problem with unintended consequneces
Chapter 39: Comfort and healing (Fluff chapter)
Chapter 40: Epilouge

Chapter 27: Monday mornings

7K 199 740
By Blastyboi_1

Bakugos P.O.V

I got what was coming to me the second I walked through the doorway.

She was sitting on the couch with a sour look on her face, beer cans sat on the table next to her.

I gulped and shut the door quietly, I hated when she got like this, blackout drunk. You could barely tell but ,there was only one thing on her mind when she got  like this and that was pure rage and hatred. Which was being directed towards me

      "Where were you.." her voice was threatening and she kept her eyes glued to me.

I shifted uncomfortably before giving her an answer.

    "I was at the mall with some friends..I'm sorry for not telling you Ma'm..." I mumbled apologetically, there was a rare chance that it might work but it seemed like this time was not one of them.

     "You brat.. I'm your mother you don't sneak out of this f**king house, if I want you here, I want you here ..you have no say in where you can go ..without me you wouldn't be alive brat and don't forget it." she hissed out threateningly. Whole storming over to me, her teeth grinding together like I used to do.

I felt my legs slowly backing up from her as her figure loomed over me.

I suddenly felt a sharp pain on my cheek, which brought tears to my eyes.

      "You f**king brat..." She raised her fist and punched me in the stomach. I winced and attempted to shield myself from her blows but, I probably deserved it anyways.

By the time she was finished taking her rage out on me I was a sobbing mess on the floor, I still had another day of torture before I could go back to school , why did I have to deal with this..No I deserved it .. as punishment for all my other flaws, my imperfections.

I laid there and cried until I couldn't cry anymore.

Once Monday rolled around it only grew worse.

Sunday had been pure he*l as I was forced to clean every inch of the house from top to bottom, my mother smacking me if I wasn't fast enough. My limbs still ached and I had a slightly visable limp from a particularly nasty bruise on my ankle.

I felt exhausted when I rose up from my mattress at the crack of dawn. The nightmares  keeping me up all night and giving me no relief from my meaningless life.

I slowly stood up on my shaky limbs and trudged to the bathroom.

I looked hideous, my eyes were dull, my face was beaten up and my hair was drooped unnaturally.

     She hadn't gone easy on me on Sunday either , not letting up on the relentless slaps and kicks that came with accidentally talking back. They left purple bruises that were scattered around my body , with a couple even located on my face though no one would even care enough to notice anything was up.

I began to get ready for school by slipping on my wrinkled school uniform and jeans, as well as performing personal hygiene such as brushing my teeth and hair.

Next I bandaged my arms and slipped on an eye patch as my black eye was still visible. My body felt sore and my limbs could barely function but I tried my best to ignore it.

Once I looked presentable enough I limped out of the bathroom and slipped on my shoes before grabbing my backpack and sneaking down stairs.

My mother seemed to be passed out on the couch once again so I was able to sneak around her and make my way out the door and Into the quiet morning.

The sun had not yet rose as it was still early but I had decided to get up as I wasn't going to get anymore sleep no matter how hard I wanted to.

As I began my long walk to school my thoughts slowly drifted back to Kirishima and how I had run away from him like the coward I was, he was just trying to help and I shoved him away. I shouldn't have but I couldn't let him stare at me with those sad eyes for another second , the guilt was unbearable.

I cursed silently as my arm hit the side of the fence, sending a stinging pain down my aching limb.

I hated Monday's , despite if I had to go home or not.

The rest of the walk was silent as I drifted into my thoughts until I saw the school in the distance.

I didn't see any students as I expected as it was still pretty early so the walk through campus was peaceful as well, no one bugging me with questions and no whisperers of how weak I was.

I opened the door to class 1-A and sat myself down in the front of the classroom, hunching my shoulders and sticking ear buds into my ears, I couldn't afford to fall asleep this time. I had to force myself to stay awake until everyone else arrived or I'd just embarrass myself further.

I began to blast music into my ears and slowly got lost in the rhythm.

After an unknown amount of time the rest of the class began trickling into the classroom.

Once I saw Mr.Aizawa come through the door I took out my headphones and shoved them back into my bag.

      "Hey bakubro..!" I heard a voice call out to me.

Kirishima.

     "What do you want weird hair .." I grunted while lowering my head in a silent apology.

     "What happened bakugo you have more bruises than yesterday..?" He asked in a sad voice , I noticed that most of the class turned towards me when they heard that statement.

    "Tch..no I don't you must be seeing things.." I muttered, my eyes darting around the classroom anxiously.

     "I-..M'sorry for running away on Saturday.." I whispered to him to which he responded with a nod.

    "What happened to bakugo ..?" Urakaka chummed un with a confused look on her face.

     "None if your f**king business round face i don't have any f**king Bruises" I yelled, banging my fist into my desk in annoyance.

I suddenly realized I had yelled and sat back down grumbling a string of curse words in fake anger while trying not to break down crying.

      "I didn't ask if he had any bruises though ..?" I heard her whisper to herself and a couple others around her.

They all glanced at me with concern but I let out a quiet Tch and turned away.

     "Attention class as I said last week as suggested by all-might we are having a mental health discussion for this class period."

     "As you all know I wasn't here for a bit of time on Friday, that was because I've called in a special guest to speak to you about it once we finish are classroom discussion." He droned on.

I cursed under my breath but remained silent.

     "Now ..what are some examples of mental illness...?" Urakakas hand shot up.

     "Anxiety..?" She called out.

    "ADHD" Denki commented while tapping his pen.

The others continued to call out others that I  tunned until I heard myself yell out one that they were some how forgetting.

      "Depression.." I said, hearing the classroom go silent.

     "What..?" I asked giving them a glare.

     "Yes those are all good examples , the main ones we will be talking about today are anxiety and depression.. as those are the most common amongst hero's.. " he said in a monotone voice

"What are some symptoms of either one of these conditions.."

"Crying a lot..?" Someone chimed in

"Shutting people out?" Another called out

"Mood swings..?" I heard sero question

"Lack of sleep..?" Mina commented.

"Feeling sad but numb at the same time and just accepting the fact that you'll never amount to much.." I mumbled but unfortunately a couple people heard me.

"What was that bakugo..?" The teacher asked.

"Tch..none of your business.." I retorted while feeling myself sink lower in my chair.

"Bakugo are you suffering from a mental illness...?" He asked me.

I felt my whole form freeze at the mention of it.

"N-no ..Tch of course not why would I suffer from that..I'm not weak.." I snapped, cursing silently when my voice cracked at the beginning.

He gave me a look that told me he didn't believe me but he continued to teach.

By the time he finished his lecture I was ready to dart out of the classroom.

     "Okay ..now that we've talked about what these are I'm going to bring in a special guest to finish the lecture."  He muttered as he opened the door to reveal a short woman with a clip board in her hand. She looked to be around her late 20's and had her hair tied back in a neat bun. She was wearing a simple outfit that consisted of a jacket, T-shirt , and some pants.

She walked into the room and waved to the class.

      "Hello everyone my name is Omei kyoki, I am a support figure for hero's around this area , my job is to make sure they are all in a state of good mentality, I do so with help from my quirk which is called Anticheze which is another word for opposite, I can take whatever emotions you are feeling and temporarily switch them around , it also helps if someone has a fake personality they will be forced to revert back to there original personality" she explained while I averted my gaze away from her with a scowl still planted in my face.

(A/n: her quirks name is in Japanese and it just means antiethical basically, this is what happens when I try to be fancy)

So she was one of those types. Who pretended to help but really just made things worse, I hated any kind of therapists or therapy . They had forced me to go to one after the villain incident and I never wanted to go back there again, I was still visibly shaken up at the time of that session so I was extra angry and violent during it in an attempt to hide it , she of course saw right through it and I eventually broke down, after that session I had heard her talking to someone and making fu of how easily a tough boy like me broke down after just seeing some villains,I hated how manipulated I felt after that and convinced Everyone that I was better and didn't need to go back despite what my therapist kept saying. She was a lier and I wasn't ever going to made fun of like that, after all I already knew I was weak.

       "Hello..?" I heard a voice that seem to be directed at me say.

     "Hm..?" I muttered , slightly raising my head to see the lady staring at me.

      "Please come up to the front I'm going to use you as an example of what my quirk can do.

     "No..do it to someone else ..I'm good the way I am.." I replied without my voice cracking, truth be told I was sacred of what her quirk would do to me.

     "I'm afraid I can't do that.."

     "Well I won't let you do it.." I shouted as my voice rose in volume.

      "Why Not it should make you feel better..?" I glared at her but shrunk back when I noticed that the entire class was staring at me.

I knew I couldn't win regardless and if I refused any longer they would get even more suspicious.

I let out a string of curse words but reluctantly got up and walked to the front of the class, hunching my figure and shoving my hands into my pants pockets with a scowl.

She started to explain what would happen while I sat there having an internal freak out until she began to move her hands around and close her eyes.

     "Sh*t" I muttered as I felt her physiological reach in my brain,  it felt as though she was trying to pry open all of my emotions that I locked away tightly , I hated the feeling and resisted as much as possible, the strain of her power was more than I could handle though and she eventually tore down all of my defenses and released a wave of emotions I desperately wanted to escape from. The fear, the pain, the overwhelming hopelessness and desperation all calm flooding back.

Tears pricked my eyes as I was finally drawn back to reality, the mask I had shattering into a million pieces and all the anger I felt seemed to have vanished.

I stared at the class and fought the urge to break down. I turned over to the person responsible to find her clutching the wall, looking exhausted.

"I didn't expect that much resistance ..what do you have locked up so deep in there kid.."
She asked while slowly catching her breath.

I wanted to snap at her and tell her to mind her own business but I couldn't , that's to harsh, where did that come from.

I gripped my head and shot a weak glare towards her.

     "Things I don't want to remember..." I whispered  before turning and walking to my seat with my head drooped.

I heard the class whispering behind me but I pretended not to hear.

Omei eventually caught her breath and stood back up.

      "Hey kid ..your not alright..but you know that don't you.." she looked at me with those pitying eyes that I despised.

      "Course I know that.. Heh I haven't been okay for a while.." I let out a small chuckle before frowning. All of the anger I usually used to hide myself was completely gone, it was weird and I didn't like it, I felt exposed and vulnerable. Unable to lie my way through it.

The class seemed to watch the exchange silently, I simply scoffed and put my head down on the desk in my best attempt to block out the couple memories that she shook loose.

      "Your Not alone ..you know that don't you.. the entire class can help with-"

      "Not interested...as I've said a million times I'm fine and I've always been fine...it's not anyone else's business.." I pulled down my sleeves unconsciously and sunk lower in my seat, hoping she would just leave it.

      "Okay..well who else wants to come up here..?" I saw someone raise there hand but the rest was all a blur.

By the time she had finished with everyone else I felt even worse, the memories of what the villains did, and my own mother, were flooding back to me, I didn't know when I would get plagued by the next one.

Suddenly I heard the bell ring , causing me to flinch violently and jolt out of my seat, I relaxed once I realized what it was and carefully grabbed my backpack before making an attempt to sneak out the door.

      "Bakugo wait.." Mr.Aizawas voice muttered.

I froze and slowly turned around.

      "W-What do you want.." i muttered , instantly feeling bad about the harshness of my tone, where did this feeling of guilt come from.

     "You know what bakugo..first Your freak out during the quirk induced nightmare and now this, her quirk never makes her this tired ..bakugo something's wrong and you know that..please come to my office ...we have some things to discuss.." he lectured.

Al I could do was nod my head as I walked behind him until we reached his office, I sat down on the couch as he sat at his desk.

Shortly after two other people came in, they were todoroki and all-might.

I wanted to make some snarky comment but that stupid , no it's not stupid, ugh that voice again hopefully that quirk wears off soon or else they might find stuff out that They can't know.

        "Young bakugo...." All-might looked at me with pity. I hated it,I wanted to , no needed to snap at them that I was fine but I couldn't I wasn't able to. So instead I cried.

A couple tears leaked down my face but I quickly wiped them away , by then it was to late.

     "Hello bakugo.." todoroki greeted.

     "Are you okay young-bakugo..?" all-might asked me. I nodded slowly. No your not okay you should tell them. The stupid voice wouldn't leave me alone.

      "You can assume the reason you are here.. you need help and we are going to help but we can't if you don't tell us what's wrong, todoroki told me what you saw in your nightmare along with the fact you had a major panic attack most likely die to his flame quirk."

I felt more tears fall down my cheeks as my body began to shake.

     "D-Damn I-icy h-h-hot.." i choked out, the voice protesting at my use of curse words.

      "I'm sorry bakugo I know that you don't want anyone to know but I needed to tell someone about this your suffering ..believe me I know what it's like but we are all here to help you ..you can't get out of this hole you've dug yourself in if you just keep going deeper, eventually you'll be to far to reach.."

     "M'fine im fine I'm fine IM FINE..!" I mumbled while hugging my knees.

     "Can you two please back up we want to make him feel safe and we can't if we are crowding around him.

      "I- I'm not okay.." I confessed, finally giving in to the voices constant pestering.

     "If I say I'm fine you won't f**king believe me anyways.." I cursed, the voice in my head still bugging me so I stopped talking.

      "What's wrong.. did the villains do something..?" He asked.

I flinched at the question but nodded slowly.

      "It's Not only that.. I don't deserve to be a hero after what I've done.." I muttered, lowering my head in shame.

      "I nearly drove deku to commit suicide In middle school, I was a bully...I was jealous..just laugh and get it over with.. i was stupid..h-he could have done it if he didn't care much..if I hadn't t-taken my problems out in other people ..." I stuttered out , the voice in my head finally merging with my current thoughts and making the personality my own.

"Bakugo.." Todorki started , I knew he already knew about what I done so I squeezed my eyes shut and waited for a slap or a laugh.

"We're Not going to laugh at you young bakugo...has someone done this to you before..?"

     "I-... just shut up..." I muttered as tears rolled down my face.

      "Bakugo what did the villains do to you...?" Me..aizawa asked.

I tensed up and shook my head violently.

      "No..I can't..I won't re live those memories..no please don't make me ..I can't ....I'm weak..." I could barely form a sentence together by now as my vision became clouded with tears, I couldn't stop them all from falling.

      "It's okay young bakugo please calm down..it will be okay..." All-might Said in an attempt to comfort me. I sniffled and wiped my eye as the other one was still covered by the eye patch.

       "I-I'll tell you when I'm ready I just can't...please.." I begged them, omeis quirk in full effect by now, it was sinking into my thoughts like a parasite and giving me nothing to hide behind.

    "You can tell us when your ready but..Is there anything else going on .. todoroki day that you also saw your mother in your vision."

       "I- it was nothing I'm not scared of the ol- of mother ..im not scared of her.." the words sounded more like a question than a statement and I think they all realized that but they didn't say anything about it and just exchanged glances.

      "I see ...well please take the next period to regain your thoughts and we will all be here when you are ready to tell us ..I promise that we won't let them take you again..your safe here at UA." Mr.Aizawa said with more emotion in his voice than I'd ever heard.

I nodded and stood up slowly.

       "When will omeis quirk wear off.." I asked in a meek voice.

      "It should wear off in about an hour or so...I'm sorry about forcing you through that..I told her to pick you as I knew you wouldn't reveal anything to us otherwise, your to stubborn.. I want to help you..and the whole class is willing to help you so don't keep it all bottled up..and problem child your not weak your one of the strongest in the class.." Mr.Aizawa finished with a monotone voice.

I felt my chest constrict, it was just like the therapist, I ignored all the other words after it.

      "I-I won't be manipulated again n-no.." I muttered before darting away from his office and down the hall to the bathroom, shutting the door and breaking down sobbing for what felt like the 5th time .

———————————————————————————
A/n: I'm sorry this took so long it's like 3,500 words so I was writing it like all day , i think I'm going to go back to posting one chapter a day as if I post two I feel like the quality goes down and I don't want to post chapters just to post them I want them to be decent, if I can post two I will but it will most likely be one longer chapter every day.

And to better explain Omeis quirk she can basically alter people's personalities and bring out any true personality traits that the person hides like if she used her quirk on Kirishima is would bring out his insecurities and make him more anxious , it's a therapeutic quirk that is suppose to help people  and don't worry if this is confusing she shouldn't be appearing in later chapters unless it's absolutely necessary I just needed something like this as bakugo wouldn't normally do this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

184K 6.3K 14
COMPLETE!!! Bakugou knows nobody likes him. He knows they are all lying when they say they do. He knows they could not care less. He knows he is wort...
49.8K 1.5K 41
-------FANFICTION------- Bakugo Katuski strives for success as a future professional hero ever since he could remember. However, the lifestyle of a h...
488K 17.5K 40
COMPLETE!!! He has hidden it for so long and he has done it so well, but Bakugou has a big secret. In his last year of middle school he was sexually...
31K 897 14
⚠️Warnings⚠️ *Angst *Swearing *Death *Depression *Cutting If you are sensitive to any of this, you have been warned. Kirishima starts to all of a sud...