The Billionaire Is An Ice Que...

By LonimiMeseko

"I'll break down your walls one by one and sneak into the gates of your icy heart before crushing it into tin... More

𝑺𝑬𝑨𝑺𝑶𝑵 𝑶𝑵𝑬
| 01 | début
| 02 | clan
| 03 | antécédent
| 04 | retrouvailles
| 05 | âme sombre
| 06 | richesse
| 07 | déboussolé
| 08 | guerre
| 09 | haine
| 10 | frissons
| 11 | chien & chat
| 12 | troublé
| 13 | amicale
| 14 | souffrance
| 15 | club
| 16 | jeu d'échecs
| 17 | jalousie
| 18 | vengeance
| 19 | rumeurs
| 20 | soupçon
| 21 | méfiance
| 22 | révélation
| 23 | fifa
| 24 | tension
| 25 | choix
| 26 | crève-coeur
| 27 | perplexe
| 29 | fusionnel
| 30 | passion
| 31 | confrontation
| 32 | trahison
| 33 | poignant
| 34 | froid
| 35 | turbulence
| 36 | abasourdi
| 37 | vérité
| 38 | désespérer
𝑺𝑬𝑨𝑺𝑶𝑵 𝑻 𝑾 𝑶
| 01 | signal
| 02 | localisé
| 03 | refoule
| 04 | orage
| 05 | contretemps
| 06 | quiproquo
| 07 | abattu
| 08 | buté
| 09 | tendu
| 10 | bataille
| 11 | certitude
| 12 | survivant

| 28 | proposition

4K 246 42
By LonimiMeseko

1 HOUR AGO

L U D O V I C

"Sir, he's here." Dixon notifies.

I nod curtly whilst reviewing some business reports.

"Send him in," I authorize.

Dixon nods before retreating.

Seconds pass before Theo rears into view.

I would've mirrored the belligerent expression on his face under different circumstances but now's not the time to act nonsensically.

"This better be worth my time." he snarls as he folds his arms, "If it wasn't for my agent, no way in hell would I be here."

"Trust me, you'll thank your agent later after hearing everything I have to say," My face is blank as I gesture at the empty seat opposite me, "Have a seat."

Theo scrunches his face as he remains in the same position.

"Why the fuck am I here?"

Nonchalant, I fold my hands.

"Simply put," I trail off in an abrasive tone, "We both have a common interest. While you're planning to leave Varos, it so happens my company is interested in offering you an endorsement deal."

A puzzled expression overshadows his face.

I toss a document at the edge of the desk to clarify my point, "All the terms are listed on the document but the only one I'm going to outline to save time is this company willing to offer you a higher amount than the ones competitors are currently offering."

Theo chuckles in a sardonic way causing me to slightly break out of character.

Nonetheless, I secure my neutral expression.

"We almost got into an altercation at the club a few months ago." Theo recalls in hostility, "And all of a sudden you expect me to believe your 'let's be business partners' bullshit? And how the hell did you know I was thinking of leaving Varos?"

"I have my sources," I claim in an apathetic tone, "And despite our past differences, I'm not one to get blinded by ridiculous emotions when it comes to my company."

When he doesn't comment, I continue, "Sincerely, I believe you'll be a great asset to ReadySet and I don't see any reasons why we shouldn't join forces."

Theo doesn't seem convinced, "What makes you think I'll ever accept your endorsement deal when there are better options?"

"I should be asking you why not because who in their right minds would be stupid enough to work for a company like OneLife whose profit margins are receding and involved in countless controversies?" I counter abrasively,

"These types of companies will go as far as to blindside their own brand endorser just to protect their image," I continue in cynicism, "whereas Siam Lars helped them generate a lot of profit. The difference between OneLife and us is we work more strategically and choose the right timing to execute our plan."

I loll back on the office chair, "If I were you, I'd be smart and accept my proposal since it's my best bet."

"I'm smart enough to read between the lines." His eyes glisten in disdain as he takes his retreat, "So you and your endorsement deal can shove it."

"Did I fail to mention the cyberattack you were involved in years ago?" my words are enough to freeze him on the spot.

I wear a smug smile as I feign a look of perplexity, "Of course, how can I forget?"

He slowly pivots; a flabbergasted look overtaking his face.

His brows furrow as I can imagine him thinking of the thousand possibilities linked to how I found out.

Silence reigns.

"Not only is it in your best interest to sign this deal to increase your revenue but also to protect your public image," I sneer as my gaze shifts to the hourglass on the desk.

"Are you threatening me?" he snarls causing me to diverge my gaze to him.

Heaving my shoulders, I fold my hands once again, "When you put it like that. . ."

I don't blame him for wearing the death glare on his face because if I were in his shoes, I would want to punch the shit out of me too.

"One more thing," I notify before withdrawing some printed photos piled in the drawer before casting them on the desk.

"I could've kept these photos to myself but thought otherwise," I disclose.

Regardless of his anger, he analyzes them.

Shock is written all over his face.

As soon as Dixon shared the images this morning, I wasn't the slightest bit surprised.

Because the images showcase Anaya and Siam Lars holding a contract the night of the ESPY party.

"How could she?" he roars as he crumples a photo, "She didn't even consult m—"

"If there's one thing I've learned is never to trust someone like her," I disclose in a flat tone, "I know from experience."

He shakes his head in denial given how the images are a tough pill to swallow.

"So do we have a deal?"

Disbelief dissipates from his face before bellicose dominates.

He hurls the crumpled photo on the floor.

"I've met crooked business owners like you my whole life," he begins in hostility, "You get into shady deals and treat people like puppets all in the name of profit. But one thing you should know about me is I'm not one to be tossed around and manipulated like the rest.

"And since we're talking about my past, I may just put my hacking skills to use to expose any shady deals you've been involved with and it'll be enough to destroy your business."

"If you think so much as expose my past to the public, I'll gladly return the favor." He spits in disdain as he takes retreating steps, "Oh and one last thing. . .I meant it when I said you and your endorsement deal can shove it."

Before I can retaliate, he exits the room in a flash.

The rage boiling up in me is ready to implode.

In the split of a second, I spring up before hurling all the documents on my desk onto the floor.

How the fuck did I overlook his potential threat?

With clenched fists, it's getting harder to regulate my tense breathing rate.

Once I manage to control my temper, I send a quick text to Stalon to postpone lunch.

The video link he sends me in response is the last thing I expect.

I freeze upon reading the headline.

Mug shots of Theo DeVito have surfaced all over the Internet. The footballer who gained millions of fans around the world was involved in a cyberattack years ago. Although he was underaged at the time—

"Dixon!" I yell.

He bursts into the room with an alarming face.

"Didn't I tell you to keep those mug shots hidden?" I fume, "How the hell could you be so reckless?"

He raises his hands in a surrendering gesture as he shakes his head animatedly, "I swear, I have no idea how those images got leaked. I was extremely stealth in ensuring they were hidden. Sir, you have to believe me."

I grip my locks in frustration, "Then who else did it, uh? The only people who knew about this were Stalon, you, and myself."

"I swear I have no idea," Dixon insists in desperation, "please don't fire me. My wife has a baby on the way and I can't afford to get—"

"You're dismissed," I snarl before shifting my gaze towards the skylines.

All I can think about is a way to clean this mess before my company ends up paying the price.

  ༄ ༄ ༄

Blinded by rage, I march towards the lobby of the one building I never thought I'd set foot in.

ReadySet Inc.

The anger I'm feeling is unlike anything I've ever felt since all I can summon at the moment is my attack mode.

"Good afternoon. Did you book an appointment with the boss?" The receptionist queries but I pay no heed to her words as I head towards the elevator.

By the time I arrive on the top floor, I make a beeline towards the receptionist's desk.

My vision is clouded by the familiar face of the employee I fired months ago.

Her eyes widen once she recognizes me but I remain nonchalant.

"Where the hell is Mr. Delmore's office?" I question in impatience.

She clears her throat before furrowing her brows as she continues typing on the keyboard.

"Do you have a reservation with him?" she asks in a condescending tone as she assesses from what I'm guessing some timetable on the desktop screen.

"From the looks of it, you don't so kindly walk yourself out." She sneers before continuing her task.

This good for nothing pathetic bitch.

I march towards the entrance without a care in the world.

"Miss, you're not allowed to enter without a reservation!"

Tuning her voice out, I increase the speed of my steps.

Ignoring the curious glances thrown my way from employees, I survey the area in search of the devil's office.

"I told you you're not authorized to be here!"

Before I know it, I am yanked backwards only to come face to face with the pathetic receptionist whose name I can't bother to recall.

I shoot her a death glare as I relinquish my arm from her crusty fingers.

"Don't you dare touch me," I warn in a menacing tone, pointing my index finger at her.

Before she can speak, a boastful voice travels within hearing distance.

"For Pete's sake, where the heck is all the noise coming from?"

Upon pivoting, my furious gaze clashes with Ludovic's who's just stepped out of his office.

All the employees who are sat at their desks, fixate their alarming gaze towards us; silently assessing the scene unraveling before them.

"Sir, I tried to make her leave but she's so thickheaded," The receptionist begins in urgency, "Apologies for the disturbance."

Ludovic's bewildered gaze remains fixated on me for a few seconds.

He clears his throat before ordering, "Get back to your station and leave us."

Silence reigns before I hear the decreasing sound of footsteps in the background.

It doesn't take long for Ludovic to gesture towards his office before I follow suit.

The blood in my veins is seconds from erupting.

He shall feel my wrath.

"I'm surprised you're here," Ludovic's first to speak once we enter his office, "I didn't peg you as a fan of my company."

I clench my fists as disdain is all I feel for him at the moment.

"How the fuck could you do something like this?" I shout, "You just had to ruin Theo's image at all costs didn't you?"

Incredulity dominates his face, "Wait, you think I leaked those images? Anaya, I didn't do this—"

I snort in disdain, "Cut the freakin' pretense. You expect me to believe that when you've once been vocal of destroying Theo's career? How stupid do you think I am?"

Ludovic invades my personal space as the incredulous look on his face remains, "I may have thought about it once but after thinking it through, I figured it wasn't worth the risk. But I do admit I intended to make him accept another endorsement deal."

A sardonic chuckle escapes me as I shake my head, "And that settles everything right? How could you stoop so low? You've turned into someone I barely recognize."

"He didn't accept the deal okay?" Ludovic refutes in outrage as he ruffles his locks, "So you win."

Disbelief is painted all across my face, "I can't even believe the words that are coming out of your mouth right now. Do you bloody hear yourself? I bet you managed to brainwash him by turning him against me because he refuses to hear what I have to say."

He mirrors my belligerent expression, "Why are you acting so worked up when you had every intention to cut ties with him? Newsflash, pictures of you offering Lars an endorsement deal are everywhere."

It takes me seconds to process his words as I can't even fathom his words.

Running my hands through my tresses, I stare at him in pure astonishment.

"How the heck did you come up with that conclusion?" I holler as I poke my finger into his chest as he stares down at me in anger, "I never offered him a deal and even if I wanted to, do you really think I'd be stupid enough to do it in public? How could you do this to me?"

The bewildered look on his face gradually transforms into regret.

Before he can speak, I intercede, "From here on out, I want you to stay the hell away from me and never address me again. You're dead to me and I want nothing to do with you, got it?"

He tightens his jaw as his furious gaze clashes with my cold one.

I twist before preparing my exit.

However, he grabs me by the arm before yanking me backwards causing my chest to collide with his.

The look in his eye is more apologetic and regretful as opposed to before.

"Anaya, let's talk this through," he persists in desperation as he swings his restless gaze all across my face, "I know I screwed up and it's all my fault but just hear me out —"

"Congratulations, you've just destroyed all the good memories I had of you from the past," I snarl as I brusquely retract my arm from his clasp, "I hope you're fucking happy."

I turn around this time without once looking back.

This time Ludovic crossed the line.

And he's someone who no longer exists in my world.

If he intended to alienate me, he sure as hell succeeded.

༄ ༄ ༄

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6M 205K 52
She has it all except his heart. She had done both amazing and ridiculous things but was still treated as a wallflower. She's been a good wife. Bu...
51.5K 1.4K 42
She had her own apartment, her own job, and her own life. Nothing to drag her down. Everything was perfect. Her abusive parents weren't in the pictur...
9.4M 454K 109
An age gap love story. A brokenhearted billionaire. A college girl. ***** "Nevaeh," Aiden whispers, "can I rest my head on your shoulder?" I nod, l...
210K 13.1K 38
"So, let me get this straight. You stomped all over his paperwork?" She started. "Not intentionally, but yes," I confirmed it. "Threw a drink in hi...