Step Too Far 2 KTH πŸ”ž

Par Sailormoaning86

Book 2 for you all ☺️ Let's step a little into the future shall we? Plus

It's here!!
Adulting
Deep Breaths, It's Fine..
Babies And Bodily Fluids
Oh Shit! 2.0
I'm A Grown Ass Woman!
Not Today
Confessions And Decisions
Breakfast In Bed
Let The Festivities Begin
In Front Of Strangers
Positively Negative
Make It Right
Calm Before The Storm
Such K-Drama
Man To Man
An Invitation
Showtime
Know Your Place
By The Dashboard Light
Time To Grow Up
Memories
Fun And Games
Remember Who She Chose
Well, That Escalated Quickly!!
Just A Regular Saturday Night
Mic Drop
Know Your Place Episode 2
Ever Heard Of Knocking?!
The Female Of The Species
Battle 2 - The Ex Wife
Battle 3 - My Secret
Me, Myself And I...Fucked Up
Is It Over?
Don't Leave Me
Almost Over
Home
Eager
Where There's Jimin, There's Drama
Morning Sickness Is A Bitch
Mamaaa OOOOooooOOOO
Fat And Miserable
Hey Baby
Epilogue
What's Next?
Thank You!!!

So....

2.7K 147 35
Par Sailormoaning86

"So what do you think?" Watching as Tae silently grips onto Jungkook's letter, his expression is unreadable. It's as if he is reading the words over in his mind, eyes tightly shut as a deep breath escapes his nose.

"I think..." he finally speaks "I think it's ultimately your choice baby." His eyes now open, his soft expression looks as if he's begging me. Begging me to say what he wants to hear. But that's the thing, I don't know what he wants to hear.

I left the letter in my bag until we got home, choosing for us to read it for the first time together. Because at the end of the day, Tae and I are a team, a unit. And any decision that needs to be made by one of us, will be made by both of us.

"Ok" I nod. "Here's what I think. I think that Jungkook and I are going to be constantly crossing paths now, and in all honesty I would like to go to work each day not terrified of maybe bumping into him. He said he's been getting help, and that he's changed, and I believe him. I would at least like to look at him and maybe nod politely as we pass each other. Rather then seeing a constant reminder every time I look at him. Feeling the same fear."

"What about my constant reminder every time I look at you?" Tae counters, pointing at the scar above my eye.

"It's just a reminder of a bad time in my life, one that you rescued me from. It's my war wound." I smile up at him, my last sentence making him chuckle slightly.

"You can talk to him." He nods, taking my hand in his, lightly brushing his lips across my knuckles. "But will be there. I will not interject unless he says or does anything out of line. Then his ass is mine."  

"Got it." I nod back, leaning in and giving him a soft kiss on the lips. "I love you so much. You know that right?"

"I do." He sighs, snuggling under the covers bringing me close to his chest. "And I love you too. That's why I'm trying to remain calm."

"You're not calm?" I giggle as I watch him trying to regulate his breathing.

"Honestly?" He cocks his eyebrow at me. "I want to rip his throat out for even having the audacity to approach you. But if you want to give him the benefit of the doubt, I'll be by your side."

The drive to my office the next morning was quiet. Other than flexing his jaw every now and then, Tae showed no emotion. His expression remained stoic as he focused on the road.

Gripping my hand tight as we walk through the lobby, his expression hasn't changed causing me to feel nervous. What if he can't control his temper? This will be the first time he is seeing him since the incident at our parents house and Jimin pulled him back from taking out his rage on him then. What if he takes this as an opportunity to fulfil his desire to kill the guy?

Walking into the cafe, we both spot the man in question sat in the corner, nervously picking at his fingers as he gazes out the window.

"You got this princess." Tae assures me before taking me in the direction of Jungkook's table.

"Jeon" Tae growls as he stands over him, Jungkook looking up to him as he swallows thickly.

"Y-You came." He stutters, standing to his feet.

"Yes she did." He answers on my behalf. "Now I am going to sit over there." He adds, pointing to the table across the way. "And if I see so much as her lip quivering, I can assure you that I will have you on the floor begging for mercy in a shot. Understood?"

Vigorously nodding at my husband's instructions/threat, Jungkook slips back in his seat before Tae kisses my temple, his eyes still locked on Jungkook as he walks away.

"Thank you for coming." Jungkook smiles at me whilst I take a seat opposite him.

"It's okay." I finally speak, picking up the menu to avoid looking at him.

"How have you been?" He nervously asks, trying to break the tension.

"Is that what you really want to ask me?" I sigh, dropping the menu.

"No" he shakes his head, eyes cast down on the table. "You know why I asked you to come, you read my letter."

"We did. So I know you're here because you want me to forgive you right? Forgive all the horrible things you subjected me to?"

"That's what I was hoping for." He nods, his eyes meeting mine.

"So tell me then. Why should I? What makes you think you deserve it?"

"I don't. What I did was unforgivable. But I want to move past it. I don't expect you to forgive me completely. But would you at least accept my apology?"

A harsh breath leaving my lips, I cast my eyes over to Tae, giggling slightly as I watch him stuffing a breakfast muffin in his mouth, eyes still boring into Jungkook.

"I will." I nod as I look back to him. "But only because of my husband. He makes me incredibly happy and to have my past hanging over us constantly is not fair on him. He deserves a complete wife. And if me forgiving you is what it will take for me to get over it then yes. I will."

"Seriously?" He beams at me "We can move on? Be friends?"

"I don't know about that. Baby steps Jungkook."

"Right." He nods "Baby steps."

Giving Tae a discreet thumbs up under the table, watching as his body relaxes slightly, I struggle to hold in a laugh when he picks up the menu again. He's always been a sucker for Jin's cooking.

"So now can I ask? How have you been?" Jungkook asks me as I look over the menu again myself.

"Great actually." I smile honestly "I'm happy."

"That's good to hear. You deserve to be happy."

"How about you?" I counter with the same question.

"I'm good. Better than I was at least. I did get married."

"You did? That's great." Again, another smile spreads across my face, genuinely happy for him.

"And divorced...."

"Oh... I'm sorry."

"It's fine." He shakes his head, chuckling to himself. "What's funny is that we got divorced because she was cheating on me."

"Well that's karma for ya." I respond, happy knowing at least the universe is on my side.

"Five years later?" He questions, cocking his eyebrow.

"Well what can I say? It's a bitch." Earning a laugh from him, I can feel myself relaxing. Feeling like I'm catching up with an old school friend rather than sat across from an abusive ex boyfriend.

A comfortable silence filling the space between us, we look at each other, a certain fondness glistening in his eyes as he smiles at me.

"Friends?" He tries again, his eyes softening.

"Sure."

A/N
Do you think you did the right thing?

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

110K 3.2K 15
"Guys I'm trying to stu- OH MY GOD! What're you doing?", I asked as I walk into the room catching my stepbrothers in a weird situation. "Y/N! It's no...
16K 437 12
"Wherever you go, I'll be with you. There's not a place on Earth where you can hide from me; I'll follow you beyond the afterlife if I have to." Dark...
680 27 22
οΌŠβ”ˆβ”ˆβ”ˆβ”ˆοΌŠβ”ˆβ”ˆβ”ˆβ”ˆοΌŠβ”ˆβ”ˆβ”ˆβ”ˆ 𝒀/𝒏 π’Šπ’” 𝒂 π’π’π’“π’Žπ’‚π’ π’ˆπ’Šπ’“π’ 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒔 𝒂 π’“π’π’–π’ˆπ’‰ 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕. 𝑭𝒖𝒍𝒍 𝒐𝒇 𝒂𝒃𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒇𝒇 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒉𝒐...
12.4K 858 24
❝We were never close to begin with.❞ β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚β–‚ Book #2 of the SWEET series. I ADVISE YOU TO READ THE FIRST BOOK BEFORE READING THIS ONE!!! WRITING: [s...