Whumptober 2020: Irondad and...

By Amber9642

My first writing event. I found a prompt online and that's the one I'll be using. I don't plan on combining d... More

Day 1
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
So...

Day 2

95 5 0
By Amber9642

Prompt: pick who dies

Peter's POV
I don't remember how I got there, but I knew it couldn't be good. I was in a weird looking room. The walls were covered in all sorts of knives, saws, rods, mallets, spikes, straps, chains, and other instruments that made my blood run cold.

I heard movement, so I turned towards it, expecting the worst. What I saw flooded me with relief. It was Mr. Stark. The fact that he was there made me think that maybe our captors didn't know I was Spider-Man.

He started to wake up; whatever they used to knock us out was wearing off. He realized his predicament, and I heard a muttered 'Oh shit, not this again.'

"Mr. Stark?" I asked, alerting him to my presence. His head turned quickly towards my voice, and he paled. I guess my company didn't reassure him the same way his did to me.

"Hey kid," he said. "How long have you been awake?"
"Not long, just a few minutes," I responded. He seemed content with my answer, and started to survey the room, his eyes lingering on the walls covered in tools. His face hardened, and he spoke in the most serious voice I'd ever heard him use.

"Peter, listen to me. I need you to promise that you'll do exactly as I say, no questions asked. If we have any chance of getting out of here, you need to follow my instructions. Understand?" He hissed.

I nodded. He had never been so sharp with me before, and the lack of nickname scared me. We were both in danger. My Spidey Sense has been going off since I woke up in that room, and I suspected it was going to get worse.

My thoughts must've been evident on my face, because Mr. Stark sighed.
"Hey. I didn't mean to scare you. I've been in this position before, and I wish I could tell you that everything will be okay, but I can't. I know it's not the answer you want to hear, it's sure as hell not the answer I want to give, but until we know what they want, we have to prepare ourselves for the worst. You can be sure that I'll protect you to the best of my ability, though, okay?" I nodded once again, and he moved across the small room to sit next to me. It was a small comfort, but a comfort nonetheless.

"You look tired. Go to sleep, okay? I'll wake you up if anything changes. I promise," he said. I obliged, letting my exhaustion take over. I didn't realize how tired I was until I was nearly asleep. I barely registered that my head was on Mr. Stark's shoulder before I let sleep overtake me.

My Spidey Sense woke me up, and it took a few moments to realize why. With my enhanced senses, I was able to hear footsteps getting closer. Mr. Stark liked confused.

"Someone's coming," I whispered, being quiet so I wouldn't alert whoever was nearing us. I figured that we had an advantage if they didn't know we knew where they were.

About a minute later, the footsteps came to a stop outside the door. There were 6 short beeps, a long beep, then the sound of a mechanical door unlocking. I made note of these things in case they'd be of use to us later.

The door swung open, and a man walked in. He was tall with black hair, and pale, piercing green eyes the colour of celery, but with a dangerous glint to them. He smiled at the sight of us, but it was a threatening smile. He looked at us in a way that showed he knew he had all the power, and couldn't wait to see what he could do with us. His eyes flashed with a feral sort of look, but only for a moment.

"Hello. My name is Daniel Grey, but you can call me Mr. Grey or Sir. I will be overseeing your stay here. Did you enjoy your first night?" He talked as if we were here willingly, like he was welcoming us to a hotel.

When neither of us answered, his smile dropped.

"Oh, no, that won't do. You see, when I ask you a question, I expect an answer. And I don't like to repeat myself. This is your only warning. Now, I'll ask you one more time. How was your night?"

Mr. Stark gave me a look that told me to stay quiet.
"It would've been better if we hadn't been kidnapped," he growled. Daniel Grey picked up a drill from off the wall.

"I expect to be treated with respect. If you can't do that, then I guess it's something you'll have to learn," he said, emphasizing the last word. "Now, we need to go over some ground rules. Listen carefully, because I will only say them once. First off, we don't tolerate backtalk here. You'll hold your tongue if you know what's good for you. You won't ask questions unless I permit you too. Good behaviour can earn you rewards, and bad behaviour will need to be corrected." The way he said corrected sent a chill down my spine.

"You will accept your reward or behavioural correction gratefully," he continued, "as both are for your benefit. Do your best to remember these rules, because as you know, I don't like to repeat myself, but will have no problem reminding you what I expect. That is all for now. I'll see you soon."
With that ominous statement, he put the drill back and left the room, the door locking behind him.

As soon as he was gone, my Spidey Sense subsided, but didn't go away completely. I assumed it would be going off until we got out of there.

The next few days were hell. Daniel Grey dragged me out of the room and down a hallway to another small room. This one had a table in the middle, and straps to restrain someone's arms, legs, and head.

He would leave me there, strapped on the table, and come back with something he could use to hurt me. I had been cut, whipped, shocked, burned, stabbed, poked, scratched, and had broken toes after the first time he took me.

After the second session, I lost all sense of time.

After the third session, I knew what the drill was for.

I lost count of all the times I had been taken. They all blurred together, and pain was something I became accustomed to. The only time I was able to separate sessions was when Daniel Grey drove a dagger into my arm, leaving it just below the surface of the skin, and walked away. It was in deep enough to stay stuck in my forearm, but if I moved at all, even the slightest bit, it shifted, causing a new wave of pain to shoot up my arm.

I don't know how long I stayed there. It could've been anything from hours to days. When he returned, he savagely ripped the knife from my arm, smiling at my cry of agony. He dragged me back through the now familiar hallway and tossed me into the room with Mr. Stark. Daniel Grey threw a roll of bandages in after me, claiming it was my reward for being so good. I almost threw up at those words.

Mr. Stark helped me cover my wounds, and I finally got a good look at him. With my high metabolism, I needed more food than most, and they hadn't fed us. We got water sometimes, but not often enough. Because I wasn't eating, my fast healing didn't work, so I almost always passed out when the torture was over, and didn't realize how bad my mentor looked.

There was dried blood on every visible surface of his skin, and new looking scars crisscrossing up and down his arms. He looked a tired and broken as I felt.

Neither of us said anything, but we didn't need to. Our apologies to each other went unsaid, both of us feeling guilty that we couldn't protect the other.

I don't remember falling asleep, but I jolted awake at the sound of the door being thrown open. Daniel Grey walked in with a sadistic smile on his face. He was holding a gun.

"We're going to play a game today," he announced bluntly. "The rules are simple. You two have to decide which one of you dies. That's it! Easy game, right? You have five minutes to choose. Be careful though, because if you don't pick, I will."

Mr. Stark and I looked at each other, both knowing what the other would choose. Before he could say anything, I stood up and walked towards our captor.

"Me," I said, looking him dead in the eyes. He didn't look shocked, but at this point I wasn't sure he could even feel emotions. He pointed the gun at my head.

"Any last words?" He asked mockingly. I looked at Mr. Stark.
"I'm sorry," I whispered. I turned back to face Daniel Grey and closed my eyes, waiting for the shot to come. There was a faint click, then-

BANG!

The door was blasted off its hinges at the same time I felt a burning pain in my stomach. His hand slipped at the noise and he shot my stomach and I was alive.

I opened my eyes to see the Avengers in the room. I was confused as to why they were sideways until I realized I fell over.

Daniel Grey was taken into custody, and they rushed me to the aircraft for medical attention. I'd been shot in the stomach before, so I knew I'd be fine. I couldn't say what state I'd be in, but I'd survive.

And that's day 2. I hope it was okay. I know the one I posted yesterday was about kidnapping too, but there will be different situations throughout the month, I promise. Tell me what you thought of it. I welcome criticism, so let me know if there's anything I need to improve on. Thanks for reading. :)
1640 words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 2.5K 31
In the whirlwind world of basketball and broken promises, Nailea finds herself at a crossroads as she prepares to transfer to the same college as Pai...
991K 17.2K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
270K 6.3K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
965K 40.6K 82
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC