To Love Irrevocably [18+]

By sky_is_limit

At twenty-two years old, Sutton Anstein is basically a walking corpse. Growing up with a helicopter mom and... More

To Love Irrevocably
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Epilogue
End Note

Chapter Thirty

2.2K 81 9
By sky_is_limit

Soft caresses wake me up the next morning. A finger rubs over my cheek, smoothening the skin. Her hands emit warmth and comfort, even if I don't need it right now. It's still nice. Prying my eyes open, I give a small smile to my lover who rests over me. Her aura is unfazed as she taps a finger down my face. The smile on her face reflects nothing but happiness and it rubs off on me.

I lean up and press a kiss to her lips. I have morning breath, but I don't care when I'm with Seren. She doesn't, so why should I?

"Your mom is making breakfast before she leaves for work. I was told to come and wake you up."

My eyebrows raise in surprise and I look at my nightstand where an old alarm clock sits. It's late morning, eleven. With a stretch, I lift up, and hug her to me all the while. For a moment, we just sit in the silence of the late morning.

"Last night was amazing," I whisper, not wanting to break the silence, but still needing to let her know.

"I think that was the best orgasm I've ever had." Seren grins. "By the way, your mom totally knows, and we had a talk about making sure to keep safe."

"What?" I shoot up and look at her head on, my eyes wide and my mouth open. "What do you mean? Oh gosh, that's so embarrassing, Seren. Why did you talk to her about that?"

A twinkling laugh leaves her. One where her head is thrown back and her mouth is wide open. "Calm down, baby. She was actually thrilled that we did that in her home... in a surprising and freaky way."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, she confided in me. All she really said was that she's happy you found someone you're comfortable with. Someone who you're happy to be so open with... open enough to have sex with both your brother and mom in the house." She laughs once again. When she looks back at me, Seren gives me the most dazzling smile. "In other words, she's not mad. And don't worry, she won't embarrass you."

Frannie Anstein and Seren Belmonte. It seems the two have become fast friends. My mom has always been a woman who's easy to get along with. Despite how people have treated her, I've never seen her lash out. Instead, it's all about high roads with her and overcoming adversity. Seren is much like her. She doesn't give people the chance to see her lose control. Both of them are better than that.

Taking a deep breath, I nod my head and give her a smile. This is going better than I could've imagined. I'm elated that the only two women in my life are getting along. Things will be easy now when we meet for weekends, holidays, things like that.

"Alright, let's go eat some breakfast," I say, sighing. "After I brush my teeth, I'll meet you down there."

It doesn't take me long to brush my teeth and wash my face. When I'm coming down the stairs, there's joyful laughter filling the space. Mom hasn't left yet. Seren sits next to her on the couch, and even Dustin is up and shoveling food in his face. My heart swells at the sight. My girlfriend fits right in.

"He was just so little, waddling around buck naked. In church, no less!" I hear the tail end of my mom's story and I just know they're talking about me. My stomach clenches as I make my way in. "But I blame Dustin for that."

"Why was that my fault?" Dustin asks through a mouthful of food. "How did I know he was going to whip his clothes off and run out?"

"Oh please, you know for a fact that you only had to watch him for two seconds while I used the bathroom." Mom scoffs and from where I stand, I see her shaking her head.

"He was a crafty child." Dustin shrugs, taking another bite of food. "Pretty sneaky, honestly."

Stepping forward, I reveal my presence to everyone. They turn their heads and give me greetings. Mom stands up and comes up to me. She wraps her arms around me in a tight hug. Sighing, I fall into her embrace.

"My baby is awake. Come get some breakfast. What have you been living off of? Ramen noodles?" She raises an eyebrow, tilting her head to the side.

I stare down at her, pursing my lips. "At first maybe... but actually—"

"Sutton and I spend a lot of time together," Seren interrupts from her place on the old couch. The brown of the fabric clashes with her expensive looking outfit. "A lot of that involves cooking."

It's quiet for a moment with a weird tension in the air. Dustin, as always, minds himself and only worries about what's in front of him. At the moment, that's food. Unlike her eldest son, mom looks teary eyed. She faces me before hugging me once again.

"I'm so happy you have someone who loves you and who you love." She sniffs, shaking her head. "God! I'm a mess. Must be my damn hormones. And not menopause!" she exclaims, looking over at Dustin with a glare.

Shaking my head, I walk the small ways to the kitchen and grab a plate. "When do you go to work?"

"Um..." she glances down at her wristwatch. With a frown, she says, "Right now, actually. Damn, I was hoping for more time. But no worries! I'm not pulling a double, so I'll be home later this evening. Have a great day guys. Please be safe."

Mom leaves the house as soon as she's ready, closing and locking the door behind her. Soon, her car starts up before the hum of the engine disappears.

Dustin stands from his place on the dad chair. He stretches before straightening his clothes and carrying his plate to the sink. Once done, he wraps an arm around my shoulder. It feels nice to be with my best friend, my brother, once again. There's always been a bond between Dustin and I.

He's been the only male figure in my life. Though our age difference is small, a total of five years, I've always looked up to him. Even now, I stare up at my brother in awe of the man he's become.

"Little brother, I have to go too. Got a couple cars to work on today. Shouldn't take too long. Why don't you and Seren do some exploring?" He grins at me.

My stomach clenches at being alone with my beautiful girlfriend. My plans are to take her out and show her the town, but I'm sure we'll get up to other activities. Especially after last night.

"You read my mind." I nod. "Have a good day at work. Don't get too greasy."

Dustin scoffs and slaps a hand to his chest. "The point of the job is the grease. I mean... What mechanic isn't a little rugged after a hard day at work? Right?"

"If you say so, brother." I laugh and push away from him. "Get going, alright? Seren and I will probably walk around town since it's not too big. It'll be nice and we'll have a good time."

"Yeah... I'm sure you will." Dustin narrows his eyes. This is the moment where I realize that he's teasing me because he, like our mother, heard us last night.

My cheeks redden and he only laughs as he walks away. He grabs his keys and shoves his feet into his work boots. I don't even hear his current conversation with Seren as my ears burn in embarrassment. I'm saved from my mom, but never Dustin.

With a wave, he walks out the door. His truck sounds much louder than our mother's. It rumbles out of the driveway and down the dirt road with noisy crunches following it. When the only background noise is the quiet tv in the living room, I go and settle next to the beauty with my plate in my hands. As soon as I sit, she nuzzles into my side, resting like a puzzle piece against me.

"Are you ready to go out today? I want to show you where I grew up," I ask her, smiling as I chew on the waffle my mother made. "Really show you Crystalwood."

"Yeah, that sounds like a fabulous time," she answers, glancing at me. "I can't wait to see where sweet Sutton spent his time."

She'll be mighty disappointed, seeing as my hangout spot is my home.

***

The story behind Crystalwood are the lakes and rivers in the town. Standing before a clear lake that shines bright, making it seem like crystals are inside, the story fits well. The legend is that two brothers took two spots, one named his town Elderwood and one named his Crystalwood. No one knows how true that story is, but looking at the water now, I reckon it's very much the truth.

The bench under us is hard and cold. Dried leaves skid across the ground. The wind blows chills us in combination with the frigid weather. Our bodies are huddled together for more warmth as our jackets struggle to keep the chill away. Even then, we bask in the silence and beauty of nature.

This is the first stop because it's always been a place I wanted to hang out. My past never allowed me to, since everyone considered me an outcast. Now I'm an adult and it's winter. The kids from my past have hopefully spread out unless most stayed here. It's plausible. Crystalwood is one of those towns that people stay in or come back to. Most of the time, but not always.

"Lunch?" I ask, bending my head to whisper in Seren's ear. "There's a local restaurant here that's pretty good. Wings and Philly cheese sandwiches."

"Sounds good. I'm pretty damn hungry."

Before we came out, Seren and I had an enjoyable time in my room, then in my shower. It's suffice to say both of us are famished and could use a hearty meal.

Standing to our feet, we wrap around each other again and begin walking. Mindless chatter and silent laughter fills our trek to Dan's Phillys and Wings. I love the way we fit like a puzzle. Our presence with each other leaves me feeling weightless, lacking any hesitancy and nervousness.

A bell dings as we step into the small place. A younger girl stands at the counter, ordering her food, while a few couples are scattered around. They enjoy themselves, talking about whatever and eating their food. We wait patiently as the girl takes her time.

The door sounds again, a loud tinkle from the bell. A force of habit causes me to look in the direction of the door. But I wish I hadn't as I connect eyes with a group of people I never wanted to see again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

170K 11.9K 40
There are two rules to being an exotic dancer. Rule 1: Keep the customers happy no matter what. Rule 2: Keep your mouth shut. Landon Powers can't...
21.7K 753 38
Highest ranking #1 in utopia -•- "It's about how your hips move," the hand that sits on my waist finds my hip, his fingertips trailing lightly along...
14.6M 371K 70
⚠️ Published version Available in Paperback & E-Book through Amazon! Hardcover and Paperback available online at Barnes & Noble! This WattPad versio...
21.8M 591K 39
His face relaxes and it clicks. I know him! I just saw him naked on Tumblr. "I'm sorry, but are you ... Mickey Vale?" He smiles. "Yes, I am. How do...