Rejection Kills

By JayJayAnimeLover2000

Rose was a normal wolf who had found her mate at a very young age, but he made it very clear he wanted nothin... More

Broken Bond
Dominance
Karma
Answered Curiosity
His Brother
Real
Apology Accepted?
Announcement
Encouragement
To My Readers
Trip and Arrival
The Unknown Boy
The Break
The Change
What's Right
Damage
Bad News
Writer Here!
Injured Again
First Meeting
Discovery
Harsh Reality
Interrogation
The Scared, The Broken
The Meeting
Uncertainty
Unwanted

Unknown Feelings

914 19 2
By JayJayAnimeLover2000

ROSE'S P.O.V.

"Sweetie please come out. What's gotten into you?" My mother's voice echoed in my head.

I laid in bed struggling to comprehend the situation. Why was I repeating the day? Had it all been a bad dream perhaps? No. It felt real. I gazed at my phone to check the time. May 15 20XX. There was no mistaking it. It was today. Maybe I was so anxious about the day that I had given myself a nightmare about it. But that pain I felt. The pain of my heart as it broke. The pain of my bones breaking in every single place as I shifted.

A dream shouldn't feel that real.

" Rose just talk to us. Whatever's wrong we can fix it together." My dad gently knocked on my door. I wouldn't answer even once. Is this my punishment for lying about a life I never had or never will? I feel like I'm going crazy. My body began to tremble as I hid under the covers. Dream or not. I'm not going to school today. I don't wanna die. I...just wanna be okay.

"Hush my child. You're going to be alright now. I promise you. Just rest." An unknown voice that I was unfamiliar with, but it calmed me. My eyes felt heavy as they fell into a deep slumber.

??? P.O.V.

I felt unsettled. I couldn't put my finger on it, but something about today wasn't right. Why did I feel this way? I made my way down the hallway of the school as students bowed and gave their usual morning greetings to me. I'm the alpha that goes to Solar Moon High School. Many respect me and look up to me as the future of the Moon pack. All know my name.

The first period is Psychology. Making my way to the class I'm stopped by a familiar blonde that I know too well.

"Good morning sexy. Were you on your way to class?" Brittany's voice was quite seductive as a girl who knew how to target her prey.

"As a matter of fact, I was. It's a new school year so I have to set a good example for others to follow. You should be on your way to class as well."

A sigh escaped her lips, "I know but I wanted to see you before I got stuck in some boring math class." She came close and traced her finger down my chest, "Can't I spend some time with you before then?"

I understood the meaning of her words very quickly. Typical Brittany. "You should be more focused on your studies instead of hookups. You'll be late dwelling on this conversation." I crossed my arms showing how stern I was, but she wrapped her arms around my waist. "Come on. Classes don't start for another 15 minutes. Please Alpha?" She begged in a voice that reminded one of a child whining for candy. I stared down at her for a moment before sighing in defeat. What the hell. I've slept with this girl more times than I can count. The sex doesn't mean anything anyway so what am I worried about? Plus, I've been stressed out from work lately. Perhaps a reliever will do me some good. My hand caresses her cheek as she giggles in delight. I lean down to kiss her lips, but before mine can brush against hers, I stop.

Strange. I was in the mood a second ago, but now the feeling is gone. I pull away withdrawing my hand from her face. She looks confused as I stop the intimacy. "Hey what's wrong?" I look at her face before taking her arms off me. "Sorry. Not in the mood today. Go to class Brittany." I walk past her as she's stunned by the end of what would have been our normal fun. That was the first time I rejected having sex with her. Maybe there was something wrong with me. Once I was in class, I was greeted by everyone as I sat in the back. I took out my phone as it read 7:52. 8 minutes until class starts. I thought more about this uneasy feeling I felt as I closed my eyes for a moment until I heard a voice.

'Liam' The inner voice. My wolf Orion spoke breaking me out of my focus.

'What? Look, if this is about earlier I'm sorry. I just didn't feel like it. If it's necessary, I'll find Brittany later' I responded.

'Goddess no. I care nothing for that seductive woman with her alluring charms. You know me better than that'

'You dislike the intimacy we have with her?' I questioned out of curiosity.

"Please. That woman will never have what it takes to satisfy my sexual needs. OUR needs. I don't even know how the hell you put up with her."

' Fuck, Orion. What do you want me to do? You know I have a high sex drive.'

"We wouldn't have to go through this process if we at least had the right woman."

I sighed rubbing my temples, 'So did you have something you wanted to talk about?'

"Where is she? I haven't felt her presence like I normally do every day. It's not here.'

It suddenly hit me as to what I was so in thought about. He was right. She wasn't here. Rosalia wasn't here. She's never been late for school a day in her life. In fact. I looked around the entire class, and I didn't see her. Rosalia was usually one of the first people to make it to class. She kept to herself since she never talked to anyone before classes started.

'You're right. She may be running late for once.'

" No Liam. I don't feel her presence at all. She's not even on the school grounds."

What? She hadn't even made it to the building? That definitely wasn't like her at all.

"Good morning students. Let's start with the daily roll call before we begin our lesson." The teacher, Mr. Wilson, stated calmly before going over names on the list. Each name that was called, the students replied with a 'Here' to be counted present.

"Benjamin Walker"

"Jeremiah Harris"

"Sally Young"

"Rosalia Gardens". The classroom was silent. Mr. Wilson looked up when he didn't receive an answer. " Rosalia Gardens?" He repeated. However, there was still no answer. Stunned, he asked in a concerned voice, "Is Ms. Gardens not here?"

Some students replied with a 'no' as others continued looking around for her. I felt uneasy by the lack of her presence. I was so used to seeing her sit in the back of the class as she kept to herself but still made sure to pay attention in class. She really wasn't here?

-

Before I realized, the end of the day had come. Students were returning home by walking, car rides, or the bus. I was in deep thought as I waited for my ride at the end of the pathway to the school. A few minutes later, a black limousine appeared before a strictly uniformed man dressed in black came out to open the door for me. I stepped inside and sat in the luxurious seat as I was shut in and the ride to home began. Rosalia hadn't come to school today. I felt many emotions. Confused, worried, upset. I pondered on the last emotion. Why did I feel upset? I knew it was because of what the date was.

"Today was acceptance day. Why didn't she come?"

"Perhaps because of the fear" Orion appeared.

"Fear of what?"

"You forget all the things you've done to the poor girl in the past?"

Instantly, I'm reminded of all the memories I've shared with that girl. I can honestly say that none are good. I've been mean to that girl, and hurt her in more ways I can imagine. Something deep down makes me feel guilty. I can be honest and admit that I was wrong towards Rosalia in the past, but I'll never say it aloud. It's been that way since we were pups. I don't even know why I did it. I just did. I never had anything against her. I don't know how to explain it. Just...one day I decided to treat her differently from the rest. That's all.

'What about it?'

"Although you and I are one and the same. That girl is our mate."

I sighed. "Are we even sure about that?"

"You felt the connection that day Liam" Orion became annoyed.

"Still...it's not normal to find your mate at that young of an age." I defended. You could only find your mate out of two ways. Once you turned of age or whenever your mate was near.

"Even so. The Moon Goddess blessed you with her and you haven't shown a spec of gratefulness. But..." He sighed. "You and I are not the normal wolves. While others rejoice to be united with their mate. We simply do not understand the concept of it or love itself. I suppose that's why you sleep with any girl who's willing to give in to you"

Orion's words were deep and truthful. I didn't understand love, and I damn well refused to do so after...what happened back then.

"She probably believed you would reject her."

Reject her? I had been so focused on her not being around and why I had been feeling so different compared to normal, that the thought of rejecting her on acceptance day hadn't crossed my mind on being the reason she didn't come to school for the first time. I don't think I would have accepted her, but I probably wouldn't have rejected her either. Not on her birthday. Wait. Today was her birthday! Damn. Another thing that slipped my mind. A she-wolf's sixteenth birthday is a very important day since not only is it the day to celebrate her birth, but originally to find her mate and get accepted. If what Orion said is true, she spent her birthday fearful. Of me? My chest felt tight at that thought. What is this feeling?

I don't know what I would have done today if she had come, but her not coming...somehow felt worse. I stared out the window as the scenery of buildings looked blurry. Why did I feel this way? 

____________________________________________________________________

Okay! I should have said this in the first chapter, but I would really appreciate it if I received opinions on the story. Is it good? Is it bad? I'm trying to get back into writing, and I want my come back to writing to start with this new story I'm doing. I'll try to post chapter three soon! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25 0 1
Rose is new to school. She moved up to Washington with her mom after her dad was killed by a wolf. Then she meets Jordan. Hes shy, and of course hand...
1.5M 38.9K 24
Reese endured the hatred of everyone from her pack after her parents were murdered, everyone's fingers were pointed Reese as they blamed her. It all...
618K 16.7K 45
When Alexa stumbles into the woods well being chased, she discovers a whole new world. One where she has a mate and he's a werewolf. She claims to be...
6.7K 204 3
All she wanted was to have a fresh start. Unfortunately a broken down car in another wolfs territory has blown that idea straight to hell.