I Trust You, Travis Woods

By XxPrettyDevilxX

After an abusive relationship, Kayla Harris, is hesitant when it comes to love. With no parents, Kayla gets b... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Finishing Note

Chapter 4

8 0 0
By XxPrettyDevilxX

The week goes by quickly and by the time it's Friday, I'm nervous and I'm not sure why. I get into a beautiful white dress.

I slip on some white sandals and some clear lip gloss. I braid my sandy blonde hair. I don't know why I even try. Yes, he's cute but, I don't WANT to like him. I do like him, but I shouldn't. I just got out of a relationship. The door bell rings and I sigh. My hands are sweaty. I walk out of my room and to the door. I open the door and Travis stands there in a gray suit and a light blue tie. 

He looks me up and down before smiling. "You look beautiful." He compliments. "Thanks. You don't look so bad yourself." I say and he smirks. "Don't let that get to you're head." I say. "Too late." He mumbles.

I roll my eyes and grab my phone. "Lead the way." I say and he turns and starts walking. I follow him and we get in his car. "So where are we going?" I ask. "It's a surprise." He says. He drives for five minutes and parks in front of a house. "Is this you're house?" I ask and he nods.

I observe the house. It's a 3 story, Navy colored house. "Wow. It's beautiful!" I say and he laughs. We get out and we walk up to the door. He opens it and we go in. I love the inside. Theres white decoration all around. I follow him and we go to a kitchen. "Travis? Are you home?" I hear a creaky voice.

A woman, that looks to be in her late 70's, rolls in, in a wheelchair. "Yeah, Mom." Travis says. "Oh my! What a beautiful young lady!" Travis's mom complements. "Thank you" I say.

"Thats Kayla. We're gonna have dinner together. Are you hungry?" Travis asks. "No, no. You two enjoy." She says and rolls out. I walk over beside Travis and help him cook.

He picks up the box of noodles and they fall out the bottom and hit the floor. "Fuck!" He rages. I jump and he looks at me. "Sorry. I'll try not to do that anymore." He says. "It's fine." I say as I bend down to help him pick up the noodles.

After a long hour of joking around, laughter and teaching Travis to cook, We are sitting down at the table eating. "So, where do you work?" I ask. "A business. My buddies and I set up a business when we were 10. As we grew so did our business." Travis says. Not much of an answer but okay.

"So have you ever been in a relationship?" I ask and he scoffs. "Plenty." He says. I smile. "24 years of life and plenty more." He says proudly. "How old are you?" He adds. "19." I say and he nods. 5 years apart. 

We eat and talk for 2 hours and it's now time to go. "This was.... amazing!" I say and he smiles. "Next Friday?" He asks. "Next Friday." I say. We hug and I start walking home. "Come here. I'll drive you." He says. "I'd rather walk." I say as I keep walking. I hear him behind me and I turn around to see him following me. "What are you doing?" I ask. "Making sure you get home safe." He says. 

After walking for about 15 minutes, we make it to my house. "Thank you." I say. "Don't worry about it." He says. I go in my house and as soon as I shut the door, I take a minute to breathe. That was the best thing I've ever done. I take off my shoes and walk up to my bedroom. I change my clothes and go to bed with no worries.

Beep Beep Beep

I wake up to the dreadful noise. I work all day everyday. I get dressed and put on my regular tennis shoes. I grab my phone and wallet and walk down to the cafe. Once I get there, I run up to Anne. She's crying. "Hey, whats wrong?" I ask. "Mr. Mikaels...." She says.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.3K 860 34
Hey everyone, just putting this in here to say that this story is full of triggers. What happens in this book should never influence what you do, so...
Her Last Wish By Bia

Teen Fiction

686K 20.5K 39
Tiana Collin's life is horrible and she knows this. With an abusive father and a druggie for a mother and with absolutely no friends at school, she d...
952 42 26
Sophia Woods is quiet, keeps to herself, and hates attention. She moves to Charleston, South Carolina after getting emancipated to run from her terri...
604K 14K 32
This is for 18+. Adult language and situations. Sexual situations and violence. Read at your own discretion. Copyright 2015 Kylie micheals wishes sh...