Temporary Fix (One Direction)

By RaeannaPowell

One Direction are rumored to have been murdered backstage, causing the fandom to go awry. But Ariann is smar... More

Chapter One: Vague To Remember
Chapter Two: They're Not Dead
Chapter Three: Complication
Chapter Four: Escaping the Edward James Dome
Chapter Five: PoPo Problems
Chapter 6: Into The Camaro
Chapter 7: Potty Breaks and Gas Stations
Chapter 8: Home Sweet- Fumes
Chapter 9: Paul Higgins
Chapter 10: Saved By The... Attic?
Chapter 11: Shopping
Chapter 12: Fans And Phone Calls
Chapter 14: Birthmark
Chapter 15: New Place
AUTHOR'S NOTE

Chapter 13: Kitchen Crazy and Grande, Baby!

120 9 7
By RaeannaPowell

"Liam?" I look over at him, pulling the keys out of my pocket to open the front door.

"Yes, love?" He turns toward me and smiles.

"When Ariann get's back, can you tell us why we're hiding you guys?" I prod. I don't mean to be nosy, but I mean, we're risking our lives here.

"Of course." He mumbles and nods, then steps backwards. I open the door and step into the house.

The house is a total mess. Clothing is strung all over the bedroom, and there's a broken vase on the floor, where Ari and Louis passed out. "Alright, let's clean this up before Ariann gets here." The boys nod and we get to work.

***

"Would you stop it? I'm trying to cook!" I giggle as Zayn wipes some more flower on my face.

"Me too. I think you need some milk and eggs with that." He cackles.

"No, Zayn- no, no, no, no!" I squeal as he holds onto my waist and wipes some milk on my cheek over the flower, and lets go as he takes a moment to laugh. "That's it!" I scream, and grab the bag of flour, throwing a handful at him. It hits him in the chest and splatters up his neck and onto his jaw, making me begin laughing just as hard as he was.

"What the..." We both turn to see Chris and Ariann standing in the kitchen doorway, staring at the mess we've made.

"He started it!" I yell at the same time Zayn says, "She started it!" And we both burst into a fit of laughter.

"Jessica, where do I... Whoah..." Harry stops in the doorway next to Chris with his eyes wide. "Guys, we just cleaned this up! Get out!" He yells. My eyes widen and I smirk, not moving. Will he say it? Ariann and I have dreamt to hear him say it since the X Factor days... "Get out of my kitchen!" I meet eyes with Ari and we both look at Harry before screaming in the most high-pitched, fangirl scream, ever. All the guys cover their ears and we run to each other, jumping up and down.

"HE SAID IT!" She screams.

"I KNOW!" I reply.

"Girls! Calm down! He's standing right here!" Chris yells, laughing a bit.

"We know!" We both say at the same time, and run up to Harry to hug him, but he backs up.

"I'm not hugging you until you're clean." He points at me, making us giggle.

"Harry, you're with two country girls. You gotta learn to get dirty." I smirk, and Harry facepalms as well as Ariann.

***

ARIANN POV:

I'm so flipping happy to get back, even though I'm totally scared to sleep in my own bed, now. After we got everything and everyone cleaned up, we spoke to Chris and then bid him goodbye. Now we're stuck choosing where anyone will sleep. Usually, Jess and I share a twin bed, but now we have five other people here. The boys insist we sleep on the bed and they stay on the floor, but I don't want to sleep on my bed. I keep having flashbacks, just being in this room.

"I- um..." I stammer. "I don't want to sleep on my bed." I look away from the boys. Jessica nods in understanding and sits on the bed.

"You don't have to." She says. I smile half-heartedly and look for somewhere to sit. Harry spins my rolling chair around, away from my dressing table and pats his lap, noticing my discomfort.

"Good." I sigh, sitting down on one of Harry's legs. He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me closer. "We... um..." I shake my head, forgetting what I was going to say.

"We what?" Jessica frowns.

"I don't remember." I blush, looking down at my twiddling thumbs. Harry chuckles and kisses the back of my head, making me shiver, and he chuckles again, repeating his actions. "St-stop it, Harry." I whisper, turning bright red. "You're making me nervous."

"Good. It's cute." He laughs under his breath and kisses the back of my head again.

"Awww! Harry has a crush!" Louis exclaims, and does a little dance. Harry nods with his nose in my hair, making me squirm. The other lads begin laughing as I start tapping my foot on the ground.

I try to stand up, but Harry wraps his arms around my arms and my waist this time, leaving no way to escape. "No. Stay." He pouts, making me and Jessica both giggle. I huff and lean back against his chest, giving up. "Good kitty." He whispers.

"Harry! Don't call me that!" I whine. He tightens his arms.

"Don't call you what, kitty?" He whispers in my ear.

"Harry!" I squirm once again, trying to get out of his grip, but I'm still weak from the accidents that occured yesterday, and the medicine that's still coursing through my veins. "Harry, if you don't let go, I'll bite you again."

"Really? How so?" He laughs. I lean over and reach for his arm, but he's holding me so tightly that it's not possible.

Jessica gives me a look, trying to tell me something. I furrow my eyebrows. She tucks her hair behind her ear and then scratches her throat as a hint. It's as if we have our own language. I smirk and hold still, not moving at all.

"That's better, kitty." I can hear him smiling. I look at Jessica and take a deep breath. She gets the hint and covers her ears. Immediately, I make the highest-pitched vocal whistle I've ever done, and I'm surprised, because it ends up being higher than the Mariah Carey note I've been trying to hit. Harry gasps and covers his ears, giving me enough time to stand and sit next to Jessica with a huge smile on my face. The other boys' ears are covered too.

"Um... Ariann?" Louis stands and points to my desk. My grin gets even bigger as I see my cracked wine glass on the table.

"Yes!" I jump up and down. "Jess, did you hear it? It was the best whistle I've ever done!"

"I heard it!" She smiles. I calm myself and sit back down. "Guess what else?" She grins.

"What?"

"I got it recorded!" She waves her phone in front of me. I grin.

"Finally! Now we can put it on the CD!" I laugh.

"Wow. You're amazing." Harry says with widened eyes.

"Thanks." I blush, looking away.

"I'm calling Ariana." Harry says, standing with his phone in his hands. I widen my eyes.

"WHAT?!" I scream. "No way! You'd do that?!" I grab his shoulders and jump up and down.

"Why not?" He presses dial and puts it on speaker. She picks up after two rings. I'm shaking.

"Hello?" She answers. I hold in a scream.

"Hello, Ariana. It's Harry."

"Oh my gosh! Harry! I thought you were dead! What happened to you guys? Are you okay?" She asks.

"Shh. Are you alone? Can anyone hear you?" He asks.

"Umm... I'm in my bedroom and no one is here, so yeah and no."

"Well, I guess you girls need to know too, so I'll go ahead and say it. So, Ariana... Uh... Well, it started when we were at a Modest! meet, but everone was acting really weird. So the lads and I didn't leave quite yet when we were supposed to. We were walking down the hall to see if we could talk to Jeff, but we stopped by a door because we heard a guy crying. And uh... When we listened, we heard Pat behind the door and he was begging Jeff not to do something. Ended up being that we needed something out in the eye of the press because people were getting bored, so Jeff wanted to kill Louise. He said that if something like that happened, we'd be in the spotlight for sure, because someone went in and murdered our hairdresser.

"At the concert, we all tried to talk to Lou, but before we got to her, we heard Paul talking to Jeff about seeing us on the security cameras because they knew we'd overheard. Now that we knew they would do something like that,  Paul and Jeff were going to take us all out. Even Dan, Jon, Josh and Sandy were in on it and they were after us too. So we went to the bathrooms and hid and that's when we met Ariann and she heard us talking about running off but it was after we cancelled the concert when we ran into her. When she heard the news that morning, she didn't believe them because they said our time of death was before she saw us. So she came and saved us by herself. And Paul found us and tortured her because she totally beat him up, but now he's in jail." Harry sighs as he finishes his explaination.

"Wow. Harry, that's crazy. You know, everyone's worried. Everyone is really suspicious because there was no funeral. Have you spoken to your parents?"

"No." Harry sighs. "It'd be putting them in danger. But let's talk about something else, okay?"

"Okay, what is it?" She smiles.

"Well, the girl- Ariann... She looks exactly like you and she's a huge fan. And she can sing fantastically. She sounds exactly like you too, and I think you should meet her." Harry says.

 "Well, do you want to meet somewhere? You probably shouldn't stay there, anyway. It's too risky since Paul found you there already. He could have contacted someone."

"Oh my gosh, I didn't even think about that!" I stand up and run my fingers through my hair.

"Is that her?" Ariana asks, sounding very surprised.

"Sure is." Harry smiles.

"Facetime me." Ariana says.

"Okay." Harry clicks on a button on his phone and Ariana pops up, making me gasp. I cover my face with my hands and smile brightly. Jessica squeals and scoots next to me.

"Oh my pickles." Ariana whispers, making us all begin cracking up.

"Hi." I wave. She leans closer to the camara and just stares for a minute.

"Hi. Did you... Did you change your name to be Ariann? Or were you born with that name?" She asks.

"Um... I was born with it." I nervously scratch the back of my neck.

"She was adopted!" Jessica shouts and I smack her arm.

"Jess!" I shout at her. She giggles and shrugs. "If you were an animal you'd be a flipping large-mouth bass!"

"Yeah well you'd be a don-"

"Guys!" Liam yells with a laugh. We both look back up at Ariana who is quietly laughing.

"I want to meet you. You need to get out of there, anyway. Meet me in Chicago in 9 hours. I used mapquest. You can make it by then. I'm heading to the airport now. I'll be staying at the Shaffon Hotel and I'll reserve a room for all of us. Call five minutes before you get there and come in through the back. I'll go outside in the front to distract the fans, and you can sneak in the back. Don't pack. I'll buy your friend some outfits and I'll take you shopping so that we can talk. Boys, I'll have my brother get you some clothes so I can bring them to you. I'm sure you don't want to be stuck in those outfits."

"Sounds great! This means a lot Ariana! So, um... I guess we've gotta go. See you in the morning."

Jess and I can't hold it in any longer... "WE'RE GONNA MEET ARIANA GRANDE!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

469K 16.8K 95
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
962K 36.5K 87
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...
85.3K 4.8K 34
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢'𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐮𝐩 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲? 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 �...
1.1M 45.2K 52
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...