1895 - sean & kaycee

By goneagainwiththewind

Forced into a marriage by their controlling parents, Sean and Kaycee have unwillingly learnt the harsh realit... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
twelve
thirteen
fourteen

eleven

563 28 15
By goneagainwiththewind

"Morning Bailey," Kaycee said, almost skipping down the path towards the girl.

"Good morning Caitlin," Bailey said, her head peeking out from inside the carriage.

"How are you today?" she said, smiling more than ever.

"My, you seem awfully chipper today," Bailey smirked

"Oh hush."

"Excuse me. You're practically jumping out of your seat."

"I just think today is going to be a good day." Kaycee said happily "Thank you for coming to our dinner the other day."

"You're very welcome. How's my cousin?"

"He's good. He's' working again today and tomorrow before new years eve, but he doesn't seem to mind. His working hours are shorter right now so I don't think he minds." Kaycee replied, "How about your family, any plans for the new year?"

"I'm not too sure. Usually, we just have one big meal together and then visit our family on the 1st, nothing too extravagant, and you?"

"Oh, well we used to do much the same. We don't plan to do anything, i don't think so anyway. Things are rough with his parents at the moment, so I think we'll just spend it together." Kaycee said, slight sighing but not too unhappily. "Oh, but hopefully my sister Catherine will be able to visit soon. I wrote her a letter that I plan to send tomorrow."

"That will be nice," Bailey said Kaycee nodded.

"Morning, ladies," Kaycee said sitting herself down next to Taylor. Receiving a greeting from each of her friends.

"Have the two of you heard the news?"Tahani quickly asked the pair who had just arrived.

"What news?"

"Only the most amazing news ever!" Tahani squealed

"What is the 'best news ever' Tahani?" Bailey said. Knowing her friend's tendency to over-exaggerate, Kaycee was not expecting a lot.

"The mayor is organising a county fair, in February!" Tati said before Tahani could, causing the latter to send her a scowl.

Kaycee watched the girls with huge smiles on their faces and even heard bailey gasp a little. Confused she felt she had to ask.

"I'm not quite sure I understand."

"About the county fair? Have you never heard of a country fair, Caitlin?"

"No, no of course I have. I don't understand why you're so excited, it's just a county fair."

"We're excited because it means everyone from the whole county is going to be together, all the boys too," Tahani said in an obvious way.

"Why wouldn't the boys be there?" Kaycee asked

"You don't understand. The boys are allowed to introduce themselves to us, sometimes they ever get us flowers, and then, if our parents let us, we get to dance with them at the end of the night!"

"You dance at county fairs?"Kaycee asked, excitement edging in her voice

"Well, of course, we dance at county fairs. Everyone gets a partner, oh it's so much fun."Tahani gushed "Have you never danced at a county fair?"

"Oh, no I suppose not. My father never really let us go, he called it ridiculous and would always tell us it was a was for the poor to take all our money away, as if the stalls were a scam." Kaycee said, frowning

"Charles father never would let his nor his sisters go either. Similar reasons I presume." Bailey said

"Well, none of that matter now. Both of you can come to them from now on!" Tahani said. Kaycee listened for a few minutes as Tati and Tahani rambled on about the county fair.

"I have some news." Taylor suddenly said. This was when Kaycee realised the girl hadn't said much since she had arrived

"Oh?" Kaycee aksed.

"Its obout Josh."

"What happened?"

"Well, nothing happened so to speak. But I think something going to happen."Taylor said, looking down. The others around the table waited for a moment, watching as Taylor tried to put the word together in her mind.

"Taylor you're going to have to tell us, its already killing me," Tati said

"IthinkJoshisproposingtome." she blurted out.

"What?"Bailey asked, not quite understanding her.

"I think Josh is going to propose to me," she said more clearly this time, causing the girls to gasp. "In the next few days."

"When did you find this out?" Kaycee asked, happily surprised by the girl.

"Yesterday." Taylor said, "Well you see I not to sure if it is what is going to happen, but I think it is."

"Well, tell us what happened?"The said impatiently

"You see, whenever josh visits, I always wait for him in the parlour and normally he will come in and we will sit or we go straight out for a walk. But yesterday I saw him walk up the lane and come in, but he went into my father's study and spoke to him instead. When he came out and sat with me, he was all nervous. He left rather quickly too."

"Well that does sound like the beginning of a proposal to me," Bailey said

"On top of that, over the last month, he had kept telling me that he wished I could go with him when he goes to law school because he'll miss me too much. If we're married then I will have to go with him and he wouldn't have to miss me nor I, him."

"Of course, it works perfectly. If he were to propose to you now, you would be engaged for six months and then you could get married just before he leaves in summer." Tati said

"Oh, a summer wedding, how exciting would that be," Tahani added.

"I'm happy for you Taylor," Kaycee said sincerely

"Me too." came from the others

"Thank you," Taylor said, letting to other three settle back into a conversation before quietly turning to Kaycee "You can tell Charles if you would like, Caitlin."

"Thank you, I will." Kaycee smiled, turning back to Bailey and joining in on their talk of the town's gossip.

The carriage home was similar as usual, she and Bailey chatted away to their heart's content, then they arrived at Kaycee and she thanked bailey and the coachman before opening the gate and making her way up the short path.

"Sean? Sean?" she yelled running into their house, excited to tell him the news she had heard from Taylor. She took off her hat and gloves, hanging them up on the hooks, waiting for his reply. "Where are you?"

She only got silence as a reply

"Sean, I heard the most exciting thing ever today." She continued calling for him, "Sean? Are you not here?"

"In here." she heard faintly from the living room

"Two things, first they're going to be a county fair and secondly Taylor thinks-" she stopped in her tracks as she caught eyes with sean upon entering the rooms. They were red and glossy. Before asking if he was alright, Kaycee caught her mother and then her fathers faces also in the room. Her smile was wiped off and the joy in her voice disappeared "What's going on?"

"Caitlin, come and sit sweetheart." Her father said solemnly. She walked over and sat down next to Sean who sends her a genuine sad smile.

"We have some bad news, darling." her mother then said, taking a deep breath in

"What is it?" she asked, voice trembling as she looked at them with scared eyes. Sean grabbed her hand and squeezed it, rubbing his thumb over the back.

"Its Catherine," her father said, leaning back in his seat willing tears away.

"What about Catherine father?" Kaycee demanded, shaking and the seriousness of her father's voice.

"She's fallen ill, darling." her father choked, "and it's not looking good."

hi, sorry for the slightly shorter chapter.

only 1 more weeks till sean and kaycee get married!!

jkjk, but im praying it his short film, and he just posted saying it the biggest announcement of his life so idk what to take from that....

big thanks for any votes and comments <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Static By StarAce11

Teen Fiction

31.3K 1K 20
I can't do this without you ...literally They're only better together Sean Lew x Kaycee Rice #seaycee Sean Lew and Kaycee Rice were not good dancers...
72.2K 1.8K 14
Sean Lew x Kaycee Rice
45.9K 1.2K 60
Sean and Kaycee are best friends. The best of friends actually. When a new girl comes into Sean's life, how will kaycee react before she's even able...
6.5K 332 44
[It Takes Two] series *can be read as a standalone " they are like molecules with van der waals forces of attraction and they will always be covalen...