The Guardian

By SylanderJidah

When Izuku was four years old he was told that he was quirkless and couldn't be a hero. Then his mother died... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter 17

2.7K 65 55
By SylanderJidah

The students were all pouring into the classroom. The four days of rest were over, and everyone had recovered enough to begin their school life once more.

There were only a few in the classroom, most of them were talking about how many people recognised them from the festival... But sitting alone, leaning over his own desk, was Izuku. pondering something in his mind.

He couldn't stop thinking about what had happened the day before yesterday, at the dinner with his supposed aunt. She didn't just insult him, she insulted everything he ever loved. If she truly cared for him as much as she claimed, why would she call him a monster? Why would she claim that his family, and the majority of his life right now, is false?

Izuku's mind made an image of Mitsuki's face, but the more he pondered the more it got mixed up with another... the face of a red eyed, golden blonde bastard that he so deeply loathed...

The green haired boy wanted to forget everything about Mitsuki, the life he had prior to that day, and never forgive or speak to her ever again... But at the same time he didn't. At the same time he wanted to forgive her, and regain that connection. He wanted parts of his old life back, while also wanting to put chains around its coffin and leave it in the early grave that it has been resting in for well over ten years now...

"Good Morning class!" Aizawa said as he walked into the classroom, not covered in bandages anymore. Everyone in class went silent, and then listened to their teacher.

"You all performed well during the festival, and I'm glad to see that you all have recovered properly... both physically and mentally... " The tired man said, glancing at both Katsuki and Izuku while saying those last words. He then went straight to business.

"You'll be doing your internships, but first we'll be going over the offers that you all received. In past years it has been a lot more spread out, but here are the results... " Aizawa then said, before he turned on a digital screen.

It showed a list of names, and the amount of offers they all got. First was Todoroki, with the most, after that was Izuku, then Kirishima in third, with Rachel in fourth... there were a few more names until you got to the one in last... It was Katsuki, with only one offer...

"HOW THE HELL DID I ONLY GET ONE OFFER?!!" The ashen blonde teen yelled, and everyone answered by just looking at him as if he was a delusional idiot.

What was surprising was that Izuku, the winner of the festival and strongest student at UA, didn't get the most offers.

"I'm surprised that Todoroki managed to beat out Midoriya." Kirishima said, which prompted Todoroki to speak up.

"It's probably because of my father... " The ice user said, just before Izuku said.

"My breakdown during the final must've cost me some offers... " Both with calm voices.

The teens then looked at each other, before they sighed. They realised that none of them were wrong, that both Endeavour and Izuku's violent bloodlust had cost him some offers.

"You'll be interning even if you didn't get any offers, so make sure to pick an agency that will do you good. But now we will move on to a different matter... " Aizawa said, but was cut off when the door opened to reveal someone who said.

"Picking your hero names!" With some excitement, it was revealed to be none other than Midnight. The class roared in excitement, as Aizawa said.

"Exactly... I'm not good in that field, so Midnight will be here to approve of your choices... " With a tired voice, before he went into his sleeping bag... Izuku could see right through the teacher. It's not that he's bad with hero names, he just doesn't care enough to come up with something good.

Everyone was then passed their own whiteboard and marker, for they were going to pick their names and then present it to the class.

Some students picked weird or stupid names, and were rejected immediately... That is when Midnight remembered to warn them about what names they choose, since it might stick with them forever... and that it should represent what they want and stand for...

Then some got to keep their names. Asui chose Froppy, Ashido settled on Pinky, and Aoyama picked the strangest name ever...

Kirishima then walked up to the podium and announced his name, but he seemed to do it reluctantly... Red Riot... Then he walked off the podium...

It then proceeded with both Todoroki and Iida choosing their actual names, to everyone's surprise.

Izuku was deep in thoughts about what name to choose, but it was disrupted by Rachel walking up and announcing her name.

"SoS... " She said, and everyone was confused. At first they thought that she was talking about the call for help, SOS, but Izuku got a cold sweat as he spoke.

"That's not what she's talking about... She's referring to something else, it stands for something..." Izuku said nervously. Everyone was even more confused, as they looked at three letters on Rachel's whiteboard... Until something clicked in their minds, and they froze with fear.

The letters stood for something else, something that Izuku had called her... Spawn of Satan... Which meant that she had heard Izuku call her such... Izuku cowered, praying that she would spare him...

Rachel then walked down from the podium, while giving Izuku a smile... Making the green haired boy shiver...

He then tried to compose himself, as he went back to deciding his hero name. He wasn't good with names, every name he has had so far has been given to him... and he certainly can't pick Brawler or The Guardian, the latter of which he doesn't want to ever be called again...

He started to think of what to pick. Should he pick something that refers to his abilities, strength without a quirk, or... something that symbolises what he wants to be...

Upon thinking of what he wanted to be, two images appeared in his mind. One was that of a muscular, dark skinned, man from America, often called The world's freest man... The Unchained... Then an image of the most righteous and greatest hero he could think of appeared in his head... Shirou Emiya...

Izuku thought hard. What he aspired to obtain from these two were strength and ideals, and a will to stand behind his own word. That is why he settled on his name...

Izuku walked up to the podium, revealing his hero name to the rest of his class.

"The Unchained Hero: Emiya... " Izuku said, and his class was surprised and shocked. Most understood the meaning of Emiya, the name of his lost brother, but Unchained was out of the blue in their eyes. The best that they could think of was that Izuku wanted to be free of his inner conflict, and cast off his chains...

Rachel, however, knew exactly what he was talking about. She recognised the title of Biscuit Oliva, and she knew that Izuku aspired to be as strong as that man. She understood the meaning behind Izuku's hero name, The strength of Oliva and the ideals of Emiya...

The class then cheered for Izuku, some thinking that it must've been hard for him to actually settle on that name... The name of his dead brother...

The name picking then continued, with Katsuki getting rejected so many times that Midnight didn't allow him to choose a name... For now...

. . .

At the end of the school day everyone sat in the classroom, trying to decide what agency they would go to. Most were unable to decide where they should go, either going through offers or sending them.

Izuku sat next to Rachel, both going through the offers they received. Izuku had a hard time deciding, he got many from people like Edgeshot, Fourth Kind, Best Jeanist, and... Endeavour...

Izuku looked at the offer he had gotten from the flame hero, and began to think. Endeavour is the second ranked hero, it would be stupid to decline this offer, but Izuku and Endeavour had a lot of bad blood between them, in more ways than one... He was also confident that there wasn't anything of value that Endeavour could actually teach him...

Izuku then turned his head, and saw Todoroki looking through his own papers. The ice user must have gotten an offer from his own father, but that could end up being a bad thing. Todoroki lost even after using his flames, and he lost to someone who is quirkless, which most certainly means that Endeavour is furious and is going to put his own son through hell because of it.

If Izuku goes to Endeavour's agency together with Todoroki, the flaming trash can will most certainly be too scared to do as much as lay a finger on anyone. One thing that normally would be a downside is that Endeavour most likely will refuse to train Izuku, which will only act in his favor for this situation.

It has been months since their last encounter, but Izuku is still in pursuit of Stain. He has followed some of his steps, and he is sure that he will be able to catch him now. Hosu City is where The Hero Killer is at now, and Endeavour's agency is conveniently close. Therefore Izuku can easily do his vigilante work during the internship, because Endeavour won't be looking at him...

"I think I've decided." Rachel exclaimed, as she pulled a paper out of the stack. Izuku was knocked out of his train of thought, as he looked towards her and said.

"That was fast, where have you settled?" With surprise in his voice. Rachel yawned, exhausted from all the info searching, before she answered.

"Gunhead, I heard that he has some martial arts... and Uraraka will be going there." With a tired voice. Izuku didn't question her choice, Rachel has some knack for martial arts and it's always fun to go with some friends.

"What about you, have you decided yet?" She then asked. Izuku looked at her, as he said.

"I'll be going to Endeavour's agency..." With a calm voice. Rachel's tired expression turned into one of surprise, as she said.

"I doubt that he, or anyone, is worth your time, but weren't the two of you on bad terms?" Her surprised tone did not change. Izuku was still calm, as he answered.

"It's not for him, it's for Todoroki. I'm making sure that Endeavour can't hurt him in any way... " With an equally cool voice. Rachel only smiled upon hearing this, as she hugged Izuku's arm, while saying.

"Classical you, always looking out for everyone else... " With a content voice. Izuku looked towards her with a smile, as he said.

"You wouldn't have me any other way." Quite flirtish. Rachel only giggled, as she responded with.

"You could be The Devil, and I'd still love you... " Her voice is also being flirty.

Izuku blushed upon hearing this, right as he heard some of the other students giggle behind him. He turned around, gave them a death glare, and everyone shut up immediately.

Izuku then turned his face back to Rachel, as he said.

"Well, there's another reason that I chose Endeavour." With an awkward voice. Rachel looked at him confused, until she realised that he was talking about Brawler business... with Stain of all people.

"It has been going on for too long now... I have to end this... " Izuku then said, with a serious tone. Rachel looked concerned at first, but then she calmed herself before saying.

"Okay, just be careful... Please... "

Izuku leaned in to her, and gave her a kiss, before he said.

"I promise... "

After that they both smiled and cuddled a little, until the door flung open.

"I AM HERE!" The familiar buffed up hero shouted, as he came through the door. Izuku quickly rose to attention, as the blonde hero called out to him.

"Young Midoriya! Do you have a second?!" All Might said, as he motioned Izuku to follow him.

Izuku quickly gave a kiss to Rachel, before he rose up and followed All Might out of the classroom. Upon reaching the teacher's lounge, and making sure that they were completely alone, the blonde hero deflated.

"Young Midoriya, please have a seat." Toshinori said, motioning Izuku towards one of the couches. Izuku sat down, with Toshinori sitting in front of him, as he asked.

"What's up Toshinori?" With a calm voice. The blonde man had a calm expression, as he answered.

"I was just wondering how it was going, with picking an agency." With a somewhat calm voice. Izuku remained calm as he responded.

"I chose Endeavour, but not because of him.... I did it for the sake of Todoroki, and Brawler business... " With a calm voice. Toshinori smiled a little, as he said.

"That's great! Young Kirishima got an offer from my old master, you think you can tell him to come and talk to me about it?" With a more joyous voice. Izuku smiled back at the pro, as he nodded in response.

Toshinori then took a deep breath, as his expression turned serious, before speaking again.

"There's something else that I'd like to talk about." He said, his voice being serious. Izuku's expression turned serious as well, as Toshinori handed him a yellow file. The green haired boy quickly opened it, and was slightly shocked.

"I originally called you here to see if you needed help for an alibi, so that you could go after him. But you've already thought of that, and you picked an agency that is close by." Toshinori said, acknowledging that Izuku had chosen Endeavour's agency just so he could go and do vigilante work... It was convenient, for the file that Izuku was reading contained all the cases they had on Stain so far.... but something was different from how The Hero Killer usually behaved...

"These cases... He hasn't killed a single person since... " Izuku uttered in shock, but didn't finish his sentence... Toshinori did that for him...

"Since he encountered you... " The blonde man said, sending shivers down the bones of both him and the green haired boy in front of him.

"I don't know what you did, but you changed him. In a way he is becoming more righteous, more like you. The difference is that he targets heroes, and he hurts and cripples them. While you target crooks and criminals, and you neutralise them as quickly as possible." Toshinori then said, pointing out the differences and similarities between Izuku and Stain.

Izuku was deep in thought. Stain changing could be because he found a connection between Brawler and The Guardian, and he looked up to The Guardian. If his behavior is so affected by just encountering someone similar to his idol, the idea of a peaceful resolution might not be so far fetched.... But this also means two things. One; Stain is not a criminal, he's just a sick man who needs the help he deserves. Two; Brawler might have to reveal that he and The Guardian are one in the same...

As he pondered he kept reading the file, until he stopped at Stains latest victim. It was the Pro Hero Ingenium, he had been crippled from his waist down. Izuku clenched his fists tight, as he muttered the name of the person he suffered with.

"Iida... " He muttered, for Ingenium is his older brother.

"Young Iida's brother was the latest victim, they say that he won't ever be able to walk again." Toshinori said, only shaking Izuku further.

"I know his pain... all too well... " The green haired boy muttered, feeling how flashes of his own brother appeared in his mental scape.

Toshinori didn't say anything, he only walked over to Izuku and placed one of his hands on his shoulder. The green haired boy didn't hold back any longer, as he cried into the blonde man's chest.

The two of them sat there for a while, at least until Izuku had gotten everything out... Unbeknownst to them, two individuals were behind the door, listening in on their conversation. One of them was wearing a scarf, and was very tired, while the other wasn't even human, a small animal...

. . .

Izuku returned to his classroom, almost an hour after having talked to Toshinori. Conveniently, the only ones there were Rachel, Kirishima, Ashido, and Ojiro.

Everyone's attention was drawn to Izuku as he walked through the classroom door, and the green haired boy pulled out a letter that he had been holding on to for a while. He then waved towards Ojiro, and said.

"You received an offer for an internship... It's from Shinshinkai Karate... " With a calm voice, as he handed the letter to Ojiro. The tailed man looked shocked, but then he was excited as he thanked Izuku before leaving the classroom.

The green haired boy then turned his gaze towards Kirishima, as he said.

"All Might wishes to speak to you, you received another offer from his old teacher... But before that, you've received a challenge... I think you know what kind... " With a calm voice. Kirishima looked at Izuku with shock in his eyes, before he asked.

"Who's the challenger." With a serious tone. Izuku cracked his neck, as he answered.

"A top-class practitioner of chinese martial arts... He even bears the title of Kaioh... But we'll be doing things a little differently this time... " With a calm voice, before it became serious at the end. Kirishima was confused, so he asked.

"How so?" And Izuku calmly answered him.

"For starters, we'll be using the same stadium as in the sports festival. We made a deal with UA, we agreed that we got to use the arena and the ticket money would be donated to charity... Second, I will be fighting an extra match before you... "

Kirishima was surprised by the fact that they wouldn't be fighting in the underground arena, but he was also curious over Izuku's opponent.

"Who will you be facing?" The red haired teen asked, and Izuku responded dramatically.

"We're calling it The rematch of the ages... The Tiger Killing Master of Karate versus The Unbeatable Champion of The Underground Arena!... "

Kirishima was frozen after hearing Izuku's words, for he only had a vague image of his opponent. Rachel, on the other hand, knew exactly what she was in for, and she was both scared and excited beyond recognition.

"Doppo Orochi... Versus... Izuku Midoriya... " Izuku then finished, a broad smile plastered across his over muscular face. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

258K 8.1K 53
After being told that he couldn't be a hero by everyone and then finally his idol, Izuku walked away in a daze, ending up at the scene of a rampaging...
132K 4.3K 38
COVER ART DOES NOT BELONG TO ME!!! ⚠ TRIGGER WARNING ⚠ This Story Includes: - Abuse - Death - Mentions and signs of cutting - Angst ...
19.9K 1.1K 23
A vigilante at UA?! Crazy right but not excatly for Izuku. He was not only the adoptive son of Nezu but also thought about quite a way to get even mo...
453K 10.7K 49
Izuku hated his life. He hates school to how distant his mother is from him. Ever since that day, a year after getting told he was quirkless, it's be...