The Chronicles Of Narnia : Th...

By cypherminsuga

Completed A Peter Pevensie Story Stumbling upon an entire new world just behind a door, Aria had her prophecy... More

Author's note
PART 1
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 13. II
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Part 2
Chapter 17.0
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
A/N
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Aria's letter
Chapter 50
Epilogue I.
Epilogue II
A/N
Reveal

Chapter 9

3.9K 93 14
By cypherminsuga

Under the arriving dusk, the sun sank lower in the sky painting it with different colours that created wonders in Aria's eyes.

The heat of the day had been replaced by a cool breeze and Aria sauntered under the trees with Edmund beside her as they watched Peter train.

"I was terrified. I really thought it would be the end of me", Edmund mumbled.

Aria shook her head.
"Aslan knows what he's doing. He wouldn't let anyone do anything to you four".

Edmund smiled, feeling assured by it.

"Besides", Aria smiled cheekily, "I wouldn't let her even touch a strand of your hair".

Edmund fake gagged causing Aria to laugh.
"Aria I'm honoured but that was just corny".

Aria chuckled, her eyes darting to Peter who continued stabbing a wooden dummy.

"But likewise", Edmund stated making Aria look.
"I will always be there when you want me to".

Aria smiled softly, nodding her head in appreciation.

"Come on Peter, are you worried you'll hurt the dummy?"

"Really funny Edmund".
Peter walked towards them, his eyes scanning around.

"The girls? They went back to camp?", he questioned Aria.

The girl nodded her head.
"They went down after archery practice. It's amazing really. Susan never misses her mark", Aria stated in awe.

"I'm not sure if I should be proud of that or be worried". Peter sighed, shaking his head.

"Come on. Let's get back to camp. It's getting late", he urged the younger two.

"You boys go ahead. I'll meet you later".

Edmund crossed his arms, staring at the girl with worry.
"But we are surely not leaving you here alone".

"It's alright, really. You know I can take care of myself". Aria smiled, resting her hand on his shoulder.

"Besides, I simply need to shout for help and the whole camp would hear from where I am".

Peter sighed.
"Fine. But don't stay out late, will you?".

"Alright mom", Aria chuckled.
"Now get your arses moving. I've had enough of your faces for today".

The boys chuckled, waving their hands as they made their way down to camp.

Aria smiled, returning to her training once they were out of sight.

The girl trained with her bow and arrows in the dark, part of wanting to excel at hitting the target when she couldn't see it.

Her eyes narrowed, getting used to the darkness, trying to locate the targets around her.

She let an arrow fly, smiling when she heard a thud from when it met it's target.

She knocked a second arrow, breathing in and out slowly as she tried to focus on the next.

A sound, however, distracted her.
The girl froze in her position, listening intently as what appeared to be footsteps, grew closer to her.

Aria aimed her bow at the sound, her eyes squinting to find a target in the dark.
The bushes rustled and Aria backed away keeping her arrow aimed at it.

The girl inhaled a deep breath and blew out slowly - despite her racing heartbeat, she maintained a calm demeanour.

"Show yourself!", she exclaimed, her grip on the bow tightening.

The figure walked out of the bushes slowly.

Once it was visible under the moonlight, Aria instantly dropped her bow. Her mouth hung with lips slightly parted and her eyes were as wide as they could stretch.

"Aslan! I almost shot you! You shouldn't sneak up on someone like that!".

Aria held her palm to her chest, trying to calm herself down, while the fact that she would have almost shot Aslan left her terrified.

"You've trained well Aria. Narnia will soon witness the birth of its warrior".

"Well, you were almost not able to witness it", Aria mumbled, strapping her bow to her back.

Aslan chuckled in response.

The girl looked up at the lion as it approached her.
"Are you afraid, dear one?".

Aria smiled, looking Aslan in the eye. "Terrified".

"Narnia will always need your help".

"But, the prophecy relies on the Pevensies"

Aslan nodded.
"The prophecy does, but the fate of the kings and queens rely on you".

Aria stared at Aslan, pointing to herself in shock.
"Me? How can I help?".

Aria knew the answer before Aslan could reply but she needed Aslan himself to confirm it.

"Take care of them Aria. Protect them with your life", Aslan stated.

Aria nodded her head slowly.

"And you? You are onto something aren't you?".

Aria voiced her thoughts- ones that she had been having ever since she saw the despair in his eyes when Jadis left.

"This has to be done. I need to be at the stone table", Aslan replied.

"But", Aria fumbled with her fingers, avoiding Aslan's eyes.
"Peter and the rest, they need you".

"And I know you will be there for them", Aslan replied with a smile.

Aria hesitated, her eyes brimming with tears.

For someone who didn't know how Narnia worked, she was clueless on how she could help.

Her lower lip quivered as words slowly made their way out of her mouth.
"I'll come with you".

"No. Narnia needs you", Aslan stated instantly.
"Peter. He needs you".

Aria forked her fingers through her hair for the third time during the conversation, avoiding Aslan's eyes.

She bit her lip tightly in attempt to hide any sound that wanted to escape from her mouth.

The girl sighed in defeat, the tears in her eyes dripping down her flushed face.

She hugged Aslan, a sob escaping her lips as she met his glazed eyes.

"Take care, little one".

Aria nodded, wiping her nose with the back of her hand and taking a deep breath.

Aslan smiled, heading back to where he came from.

Aria watched, hoping that by some chance Aslan would stop, look back and say this was all a joke but he continued without even a look back.

The tears flowed unchecked down her cheeks and dripped from her chin.

She was too sad to cry out or wail, she just stood there as still as a statue while the magnitude of their loss swept over her.

Aria unsheathed her sword and hacked away at the wooden dummy.

Doing so took her mind off reality - the war, Aslan, the dangers that her friends were to face.

At some point, she stopped, a chill running down her spine.

Aria felt it.

In the way the wind changed.

The way the breeze was cooler.

The way the trees didn't move anymore.

The world was whisper quiet, dark - a silent mourning.

It was done.

Her legs gave away and Aria collapsed to the ground, her eyes glazed yet she did not let the tears fall.

She sat atop the hill till the first light of dawn appeared at the horizon and she still couldn't bring herself to move.

A wind blew past her, whispering words about Aslan and she knew the Narnians would now know of it.

Aria rose to her feet.

Taking a deep breath she walked towards camp.

If Aslan was not going to be there, she would do whatever it takes to be there for the Pevensies.

•••○•••

"You need to lead them Peter", Aria called out, walking towards the two brothers.

Peter's eyes widened as he saw the girl.

 "Aria!", Peter exclaimed, bringing her into an embrace. "Aslan..he.."

"I know", Aria nodded slowly.
"Which is why you need to lead them now".

Peter shook his head, his lips set in a grim line.
"I can't".

"Aslan believed you could, so do I", Edmund replied with a smile.

Aria nodded.

"I'm not going to lie but I doubted if Narnia could be saved by some mere children. But seeing you now and how far you have come, I believe in you".

"Peter, you have the makings of a king and I know everyone here sees that. It's time you see it for yourself".

Aria took Peter's hand in hers, a comforting smile on her face.

Peter looked at the girl, at her eyes- the light in it- and smiled with a small nod.

Oreius approached Peter, waiting for commands.

"The witch's army is nearing, sire. What are your orders?".

just randomly adding memes to the end of chapters

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.1K 316 14
(Peter Pevensie Story) After many centuries the Pevensies return to Narnia in hopes of everything being the same, yet things have changed. Humans kno...
166K 4.9K 28
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐓𝐰𝐨 They disappeared and Narnia suffered. Prince Caspian blows the horn and they're summoned back. But neither Ana nor Narnia are the sam...
31K 752 15
[Sequel to I met you in Narnia book 1] 1300 years after the end of the Golden age, the Pevensies returned to Narnia. Will the Pevensies and Y/n with...
90.7K 2.4K 17
Y/n L/n is the best friend of Edmund Pevensie. She was close with the other Pevensie siblings, as well. She went through everything with the Pevensie...