𝗦𝗔𝗕𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗔 ━━ spencer reid

By obviousoph

we've been living on a fault line and for a while you were all mine i'd spend a lifetime giving you my heart ... More

𝐒𝐀𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐀
o. prologue
oo. visuals
- 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝐢. FIRST TIME
𝐢𝐢. STRANGERS
𝐢𝐢𝐢. NICE TO RE-MEET YOU
𝐢𝐯. THE LIVING AND THE DEAD
𝐯. I'M HERE
𝐯𝐢. CHECKMATE
𝐯𝐢𝐢. GIRLS NIGHT
𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. RAPPORT
𝐢𝐱. FORGIVE ME
𝐱. MAGIC IN YOU
𝐱𝐢. CAN YOU HEAR ME
- 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎
𝐱𝐢𝐢. SHE'S HERE
𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. WANING CRESCENT
𝐱𝐢𝐯. THIRD QUARTER
𝐱𝐯. WANING GIBBOUS
𝐱𝐯𝐢. FULL MOON
𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. WANING GIBBOUS
𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. FIRST QUARTER
𝐗𝐗
- 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
𝐗𝐗𝐈

𝐱𝐢𝐱. WAXING CRESCENT

517 24 80
By obviousoph

————
| SABRINA |
————

i never knew, you could
hold moonlight in your hands.

NINETEEN - waxing crescent

‧₊˚✩彡. 🕊🤍👼🏼

——

frisson

(n.) a shiver of pleasure.

——

Spencer always related life to Newton's cradle. Ordinarily, the balls were touching, resting. That's what life was like most of the time. Static, safe, peaceful.

Then, every so often someone would lift one end of the cradle, and for a moment everything is euphoric. That's kind of how Spencer felt now, everything was well. His relationship with Sabrina had actually blossomed since their fight, he was doing well at work and his mother was doing well.

Right after you lift that first ball, there comes an inevitable drop. The lowest point of movement when the balls slam against each other and life hits rock bottom.

But for right now, Spencer was still up in the air.

They hadn't had any cases recently, and the rest of the team had gone home early. Spencer stayed late to catch up on some paperwork and do some research, not uncommon for him on a Friday night.

Closing her laptop, Sabrina stood up from her desk and grabbed her bag, walking over to Spencer's desk.

"Ready to go?"

He hummed nonchalantly in response, writing some notes and not looking up. Sabrina half hated when he was like this, he would get so wrapped up in his work that he had no attention left for her. On the other hand, he looked so cute when he was working hard.

Smirking, Sabrina placed her bag down and slid onto Spencer's lap, wrapping her arms around his neck. He looked up from his notebook, surprised at the action and chuckled.

"Baby, I'm trying to work here!" he protested, giving her a quick peck and leaning over her shoulder in a half-hearted attempt to continue.

"Okay," she purred, placing kisses over his neck, "then work. I'll just distract you a little." He closed his eyes, sighing in light annoyance.

"That's not a 'little' distracting. That's let's break the 'no sex on office chairs' rule distracting."

She giggled in response, temporarily abandoning his neck to lift one leg over his side so that she was straddling him. He dropped the pen, giving up completely on the task at hand and placing his hands on her hips.

"Okay Miss Fairchild. You win."

Sabrina was out with Garcia, and her friend Kaya. She had been so wrapped up in her relationship with Spencer that she'd almost become the girl she looked down upon. The one that loses all her friends for a boy.

So for tonight, it was all about her and her girlfriends.

Garcia was of course, already wine drunk and chatting up two men at the bar. Kaya and Sabrina were exchanging pleasantries at the table,

"So, anyone in your life?" Sabrina smiled at the girl in front of her. She was pretty, in an almost accidental way. She didn't have any makeup on, only cherry lipgloss which gave her lips a slight blush to them. She was dressed in fishnet and a black leather skirt, a stark contrast to Sabrina's light blue silk slip.

"No, actually," the girl muttered nervously. "There's one person I have my eye on but... I don't think she's interested."

Sabrina's eyebrows raised, curious about the statement. Subconsciously, the profiler inside her began to analyse. The averted eye contact, the way Kaya's body positioning was still pointed towards Garcia's empty seat.

"Oh my God!" Sabrina exclaimed happily, "you like Garcia!"

Kaya slapped her hands over her ears and begged Sabrina to be quiet. "Yes, yes. God, I forgot you were a profiler. Yes, I like Garcia. But I don't know how she feels, I don't even know if she likes girls."

Sabrina couldn't contain her smile, which she attempted to cover with her hand. She was a notoriously good wing woman, her many years being single had proven so. Garcia deserved this so much, and Kaya seemed like the sweetest girl for her.

She spent the rest of the night silently observing the two, how Kaya eyes would roam Garcia's face as she talked excitedly about a new hot pink dress she found online.

As it reached 9 pm, Garcia checked her watch and squealed excitedly.

"Ah! It's almost time for trivia night!! The team should be here soon."

Once a year, at the Turkish bar, the team would meet up to play trivia night. Sabrina had never been but according to Spencer and Garcia, it was one of the best nights. After a few minutes, Rossi and Hotch trailed in, giving Sabrina a kiss on the cheek as they sat down next to her. Alex, Morgan and JJ arrived soon after, smiling with a drink in each hand.

Spencer was last to arrive, giving Sabrina a quick kiss and smiling, he slid into the seat next to her and placed his hand on her thigh.

"Alright, Sabrina" Hotch began, looking at her stoically. "This is your first time so I'll fill you in. We've won every year, and this is no exception. For tonight, we aren't agents, we're trivia experts."

The team laughed in response, and Morgan leant over, whispering in her ear, "Try not to let Spencer answer every question, okay?"

They were interrupted by the host tapping on the microphone, grabbing the attention of everyone in the bar. He was an older man, with mischievous eyes that twinkled in the dim light.

"Alright everyone, I want a nice clean game tonight. No fighting, and no cheating. We ready?"

Everyone mumbled in agreement, and Sabrina found herself smiling. This was gonna be a fun night.

"Alright, alright. Calm down everyone," he continued. "First question, What car sold more than one million units in 1965 and still holds the record today? Is it A..."

"Chevrolet Impala!" Spencer blurted out, before even hearing the options. Sabrina turned to stare at him, she shouldn't be so surprised at his incredible brain, but it still made her incredulous every time. The host wrote up a point on the board, and Morgan slapped Spencer on the back.

"Question Two: Which actor or actress is killed off in the opening scene of the movie Scream?"

"Oh my god, oh my god!" Garcia clapped her hands and yelled out, "Drew Barrymore!!" Kaya grinned and leant her head on the woman's shoulder. Sabrina couldn't contain her massive grin. The host raised his eyebrows, shaking his head. He must be used to them by now.

"Question Three! What is the piece at the end of a shoelace called?"

"An aglet!" Spencer yelled without hesitation, almost as if he didn't need to think first.

"Spence!" Sabrina whispered to him, laughing. "Let someone else have a go!" He just smiled, sliding his hand further up her thigh. Sabrina raised an eyebrow, determined to beat him next round.

"Two can play at that game," she whispered into his ear, grabbing his hand and moving it sideways, pushing her knees together. She felt him visibly shiver. Luckily the rest of the team was too busy chatting to notice what was happening under the table.

"Okay, genius over there. Here's a real question. Lateral Epicondylitis is a condition commonly known by what name?"

Spencer had responded tennis elbow before Sabrina's hand could cover his mouth. His lack of impulse control only made her more determined to answer faster than him. And he was not going to let her win easily. The rest of the team were laughing at Sabrina's annoyance. Morgan threw his head back, "Oh princess, if you outsmart pretty boy the rest of the drinks tonight are on me."

She winked at him in response and exited her chair to slide onto Spencer's lap. "I hope you've been saving up Morgs."

"Question Five, What movie did Bella and Jessica go to see in Port Angeles during 'New Moon'? Was it A, The De-"

"The Dead Come Back!" Spencer blurted out, mere seconds after Sabrina had already answered, throwing her arms up in the air in celebration. She turned around, grinning at him in satisfaction.

"Ha!! I got you, Doctor! You only know that because I forced you to watch Twilight."

He smiled, shaking his head. Spencer didn't even care about losing when she looked that happy. As she turned around to point at Morgan and high-five Rossi, he kissed the back of her neck, catching Alex's eye who smiled at him, knowingly.

The rest of the night went smoothly, Spencer trying his hardest not to answer every question. The team won easily, but more importantly enjoyed the night, drinking and chatting all their problems away.

The Newton's cradle ball was at its very peak, which only meant the inevitable fall was seconds away.

————
| SABRINA |
————

NINETEEN - waxing crescent

‧₊˚✩彡. 🕊🤍👼🏼

hey my loves.
i've been updating every few days recently so i hope you're enjoying! next chapter is going to be a heavy one, so jus remember to check the trigger warnings, i'll include it at the start of the chapter. i hope you're all well & thank you so so much for the support & comments & votes they make me so happy

love soph

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.9K 600 16
𝙄𝙣 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙤𝙞𝙖, 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙖𝙢𝙥𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙞𝙚𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙚𝙚𝙩𝙨 𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙨 𝙙𝙧𝙖𝙬𝙣 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝�...
50.6K 1.3K 15
"Just stop your crying Have the time of your life Breaking through the atmosphere And things are pretty good from here" [Completed: 27th July 2021] [...
181K 5.5K 63
To meet your soulmate is to to surrender yourself completely. Bella Snow and Spencer Reid have been in love for years. They have been through everyth...
12K 917 11
𝐌𝐘 𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐎𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐓 - lindy aguilar, a biochemist obsessed with flowers and books, becomes friends with benefits with dr. spencer rei...