Lightning Seeker

By FrennzyChaos

#2 Steampunk--- The year 2312. Robots dominate nearly every profession. But eighteen-year-old Vale is determi... More

Introduction/ Author's Note
The Libertatem
Blasted Lookout
Brace Yourself
New Name
Fluke
To the Skymaran
Swirl of Grey and Metal
Dim Light
Dangerous Directive
No Threat
Tracing Words
Better View
Not Getting Caught
What Do You Choose
Angry Light
Trust Me
Useless Manual
A Way Off
Let Go
Over the Side
Damaged
Attempt 25
Give Them Instructions
Dash
The Doctor
Seconds
Collection
A Luxury
Wide Awake and Confused
Who He's Dealing With
Better Not Die
Reunion
Rules
You With Me
Steel Boots
The Sixth Floor
Found Em
Coming This Way
We Go Back
Twelve AI
The Rip
Perks of Collecting Scraps
Tilting Towards Water
See This One First
Cheating Death
That You Did
The Meeting
Adventure

Been A While

176 48 17
By FrennzyChaos

Vale woke up to a warm hand wrapping around hers. Her eyes fluttered open to find Sky staring at her. "Sky!" she gasped as she drank him in. He had a little more color in his cheeks, a smile creeping across his lips. Without thinking, Vale jumped into his arms. She was met by a gasp but before she could pull away he hugged her back fiercely.

"You need to stop giving me heart attacks," she murmured into his shoulder.

He pulled back, giving her an annoyed look and quickly signed, poor choice of words.

Vale groaned and slapped a hand over her mouth. "I'm sorry."

He shook his head and then looked around the room, a concerned look crossing his tired features. Where are we? he signed.

"We got picked up by a passing ship."

Sky sat up straighter, looking around the room, a look of dread filling his eyes. What ship?

Vale watched him shift, looking suddenly uncomfortable. "The Ignis."

Sky ran his hand down his face, signing as his eyes dashed around the room. That is what I was afraid of.

"Why? What's wrong with this ship?"

Sky struggled to the edge of the bed, trying to get to his feet. I will explain when we get off the ship. We need to go.

The blanket fell off of him as he stood, revealing his bare chest, distracting Vale for a moment. Muscles chorded his torso, reminding Vale of how strong he was. Mechanic work has done him well. At the center of his chest, right above his heart sat a small plate of metal that was bolted to his chest. The design and style were oddly familiar, sending another wave of deja vu through Vale.

His bird claw tattoo sat prominently on his neck, the ink-black design highlighting his broad shoulders.

Vale watched him reach for his shirt that sat on the end of the bed and tug it on. "Have you been here before? What's going on?"

The door to the room opened and Dash moved into the doorway. "He's just mad because he didn't want to see me again." Dash leaned against the doorframe and stared at Sky, a hard unfriendly grin crossing his face. "Hey cousin. It's been a while."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 426 27
❖ ''ZF 16 Ariomma to unknown vessel. Please identify yourself. Over.'' ❖ Farah and Kazem are twins working aboard the Ariomma, a trading airship that...
382K 26K 45
Fantasy and Magic meets Science and Technology. In this epic story of brotherly love, friendship, struggle, and conspiracy, come join in on an advent...
58.5K 5.8K 102
Ada, a cashier in a consumer-tech dystopia, uses electro-pulse capabilities on a revenge mission against her father. Along the way, she hopes to disc...
2K 456 16
Frank is a clock mechanic, set out to replace a broken loop in 2018, but when Luz, the friend he shouldn't have made sees more than she should've, th...