Bughead Oneshots

By bugheadsstory

- Romeo and Juliet? He asked pointing to the book in her hand. - Yeah, you've read it? She asked a little sur... More

I could be
Thoughts on 4x13
Everything's falling apart
The perfect murder
Prep school bughead
The letter (part 2 of The perfect murder)
Reunited (part 3 of The perfect murder)
Prep school bughead part 2
New girl
Prep school bughead part 3
Salvation
Salvation part 2
The complications of high school
The complications of high school part 2
Wrong date part 2
Wrong date part 3
The Party
Milestones
I still love you
Detention

Wrong date

443 20 5
By bugheadsstory

Jughead's POV
I was sitting in a bar waiting for my supposed date, who was more than fifteen minutes late. What a great start to an already disastrous evening. The thought of being stood up had crossed my mind many times, and I was starting to get nervous.

I wasn't really set on the whole idea of a blind date, but my friend Toni convinced me to go. She said, I needed to be more open and get out of my comfort zone. Seeing as I hadn't been in a real relationship for years, and I almost never went out, she was probably right.

Finally a raven haired girl with a pearl necklace and a black purse in her hand walked in. She looked around the bar, before making her way towards me. „Seeing as you're the only none fifty year old guy in here, I'm assuming you're Forsythe?" she asked, and I nodded, immediately regretting using my birth name.

„It's Jughead actually" I said, and she raised her eyebrows. „You call yourself that?". It was less of a question and more of a statement, and I just nodded, not bothering to explain. „Well". She cleared out her throat, before changing the subject.

„Veronica Lodge" she said lifting her head, while holding out her hand. I hesitated but shook it, and we sat down. The silence was very uncomfortable, neither of us knowing, what to say to each other. Luckily it only lasted a few minutes, as a waitress came to take our order.

~ At the end of date ~

The date went horrible to say the least. First of all we had absolutely nothing in common, and I could practically feel her boredom, when I started talking about my writing. She on the other hand was some kind of personal stylist and wouldn't stop talking about how unfashionable and dull my outfit was.

We didn't get along at all, as we were almost complete opposites, and not in a good way. I simply couldn't stand her, as she was clearly very snobbish and high-maintenance. She was the epitome of stuck-up and privileged, and had very little understanding of hard work.

Luckily she didn't seem to be that pleased with the night either. To be fair she wasn't the worst person, I had ever met, but we definitely weren't a good match. I think we both were more than relieved, when the waiter came with our bill.

~ Later that night ~

Veronica's POV
„Oh my god B, you won't believe how horrible the date went" I said to my best friend Betty, as I shut the door to our apartment. "Was it really that bad?" She asked, and I sighed sitting down next to her. I leaned my head back on the sofa and closed my eyes. "Trust me. It was bad". She looked at me sympathetically.

I sat up straight and fixed my posture. "He was definitely good-looking, we just didn't have anything in common, like at all" I said, and she furrowed her eyebrows, while laughing a little. "Since when do you care about common interests?". I shot her an annoyed look.

"I don't know, okay. I guess, there was just no chemistry between us, and not even his looks was able to compensate for that" I said, and Betty gave me a concerned look. "Well, I'm glad to hear you're actually starting to take personality into consideration and not just judge guys based on their appearance" she said, and I smiled a little.

A few minutes later I was changing into my nightclothes, while Betty was still sitting on our sofa. "You know what?" I yelled, while pulling a shirt over my head. "What?" She yelled back. "I just started thinking, and I mean this in the best way possible-". She turned her head to look at me, as I walked through the bedroom door and into the living room.

"You and Jughead actually resemble each other quite strongly" I said taking a chip into my mouth, as I plopped down next to her. "Well seeing as you've just told me how boring and awful he was, I'm not taking that as a compliment" she said, and I rolled my eyes.

"You know that's not what I meant". I shook my head at her before continuing. "You're both writers and not to mention total bookworms. He even shares your weird obsession with mysteries". She looked at me with a doubtful expression on her face. "V-" she started, but I interrupted her.

"I'm just saying. If he wasn't my cup of tea, maybe he's yours". I could see the scepticism on her face. "What? Don't you trust me?". "With dating? Absolutely not" she laughed, and I tried to act offended. "Sorry V, but your idea of the perfect guy, isn't exactly the same as mine".

"But I promise you, he's not like the guys I usually date" I protested. "What makes you think, he'd even agree to go on a date with me?" she asked, still a little doubtful. "Well I still have his number. I could reach out to him?" I looked at her for permission, and since she didn't look totally repelled by the idea, I took that as a yes.

"Great" I said, clapping my hands. "I'll call him tomorrow, but right now I need to sleep" I said getting up from the sofa. She still looked a little unsure, but I knew she would thank me eventually. After brushing my teeth, I went to bed.

~ The next day ~

Veronica's POV
I had waited all day to call him, as I didn't want Betty to be there, when I did. I feared she had changed changed her mind and would try to stop me. When I was sure, she couldn't hear me, I called him. It rang about four times, before someone answered.

Jughead's POV
"Hello?" I said. "Jughead, hi. It's Veronica" she answered, and my eyes widened. What the hell, I thought. I was sure, I would never hear from her ever again, or at least I hoped so. "Veronica? What do you want?" I asked, not exactly pleased to hear her voice again.

"Well hello to you too" she said, clearly offended by my tone. "Nice to know, you didn't save my number". Of course, I didn't, I mean what did she expect. The date was horrible. "Anyways. I'm calling to ask you on a date" she said and my mouth almost dropped. This had to be some kind of joke. "I'm gonna have to decline" I said, and I could hear her scoff. "Not with me, you thick-headed moron". I rolled my eyes.

"First of all, ouch. Second of all, you actually did go on a date with this thick-headed moron" I reminded her, and she sighed. "Just listen, okay? I have this friend. Her name is Betty, and I really think, you two would like each other". "So you wanna set me up with one of your friends?" I asked, not really convinced.

"Don't worry, she's nothing like me. Just please say yes, and I promise, you'll never have to hear from me again". I had to admit the thought of never hearing Veronica's voice again was very appealing. And if this friend of hers really was nothing like her, then maybe her and I would actually have something in common.

"And if I agree to this, we'll never have to speak to each other again?" I asked, making sure I didn't sound too interested. "I promise. And that's a promise, I intend to keep. I'll text you the details later" she said before hanging up. I sighed while throwing my head back. What did I just get myself into.

🦋🦋🦋

A/N: Hi guys! I'm finally back with a new update. I know this doesn't really have any bughead in it, but I promise you this is not the only part. It was just way too long to fit into one, but I hope to get the second part done soon. Until then, I hope you liked this, and thank you for reading. (1293 words)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 187 17
It's been 6 months since Hal Cooper's murder. Ten months since she had met Jughead and almost a year since the murder of Betty's mother, brother and...
98.7K 2.1K 30
COMPLETED Just a bunch of bughead one-shots:) Some of these are from different fanfictions that I've written but I really liked the chapters to I cho...
112K 1.4K 60
A collection of imagines/oneshots with the Riverdale characters and the reader! Requests are currently open, please look at my rules before requesti...
86.4K 2.2K 30
---Completed--- Almost five years ago, Betty Cooper took off and fled the town of Riverdale. Rumors were spread and the townspeople whispered about w...