My Kitten

Od lauren_o79

What happens if you found out that your boyfriend that you knew since you were kids is not your mate like you... Více

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 1

5.8K 133 23
Od lauren_o79

I am peacefully sleeping in my bed until I hear my door being slammed open and my best friend, Dakota, barging in.

"Happy birthday my best of best friend! You are finally 18! How do you feel?" Dakota yells at the top of her lungs.

"Like I need more sleep," I say while pulling my covers over me. Dakota pulls the covers off of me.

"Come on today is a big day...."

"Happy birthday sweetie!" my parents come into my room now.

"Why are all of you guys in my room so early in the morning?" I say putting a pillow to my face.

"Well I guess you don't want your presents huh?" my mom says holding up a birthday card in her hand. I remove the pillow from my face and sit all the way up on my bed.

"I don't mind getting my presents now actually," I say with a smile on my face. They all laugh at me and hand me their gifts. I only got two gifts in total from all of them, and I am extremely happy because I don't need a lot of gifts anyway. I just want something small and meaningful. I open my parent's gift first, and it's just a birthday card. Once I open the birthday card, and a debit card falls out. I read the card and it says, 'Happy birthday sweetie! Here's a prepaid debit card with $100 for food, love you!' I read the card out loud then jump on my parents and hug them

"Oh thank you, thank you! You know I love food" I say hugging them even tighter. When I say I love food, I mean I really love food. I love everything about it, and at any time. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, or dessert.

"No problem baby, now open Dakota's present," my dad says while pointing at the neatly wrapped box. I grab the box and rip it open to find a scrapbook that she made. I open the book and see all of our memories from the last thirteen years. Dakota is my best friend and she is a 5'7 Asian with beautiful, long black hair. She is a very athletic person, she plays basketball and lacrosse for our high school. She is also the next in line to become the pack gamma.

Did I forget to mention that we are werewolves? Well, we are and belong to the dark moon pack. One of the best packs in the united states, and we have around 250 pack members. We have one of the best army around, so we are very well protected and safe here. We are all treated the same around, no one is belittled or talked down to. We all only listen to the ranked people. Alpha, first in command, the leader of the pack and makes all the decisions for the pack. Beta, the second in command and helps out with whatever the alpha needs. Lastly, Gamma third in command and is in charge of the army.

I am just an unranked wolf, and so are my parents. Our jobs in the pack are gathering and hunting. We go out on hunting parties and hunt for any big prey sometimes, or we go out and find herbs and plants. All in all, I love my job in the pack. Not too much work but not enough work. I am happy with my pack and wouldn't change a thing about it.

Anyway, Dakota has had my back and I always have hers. I give her a big hug,

"Thank you, so much this means a lot to me," I say then kiss her cheek and let go.

"Oh sweetie, before we forget your favorite breakfast is ready downstairs, it's everything," my mom said while leaving my room with dad. I hear a beeping noise and know it's my phone. I go and grab my phone off the charger and see it was a text message from Rudi, my boyfriend.

"Hey babe, happy birthday! Love you! Sorry, but I can't make it to school today. Alpha duties that I need to attend to, but I will be at the party tonight. See you then!"

I just reply with an "Okay" Rudi is great, he is the next in line to be the alpha of the pack. We have been dating for about four years now. We met back in sixth grade, thanks to Dakota. We didn't talk much at first just the simple hey and how are you doing. Then he asked for my number, and we started to hang out more. A few years later in the eighth grade, he asked me out and I said yes. Now everybody thinks that we are mates because we are 'madly in love' with each other. I know for a fact that Rudi is very much in love with me and thinks that we are mates. He started to plan our wedding and the names of our kids. At one point in time, I think I did love him, but I am not sure now. When he brings up the future get all uneasy and my wolf, Nina, does too. Rudi is like a brother to me, and I didn't want to hurt his feelings. Today is the day where we will find out if we are mates.

Werewolves can find their mates when they turn eighteen. You will be able to smell the most amazing scent, and then by looking into their eyes the connection is made and they are yours for life.

"Who texted you," Dakota says bring me out of my thoughts

"Oh it is just Rudi, he said he is not coming to school today but will be at the party," I said.

"That's too bad, you guys won't find out you are mates until later" Dakota says upset.

Yes, definitely bummed out about it" I say sarcastically and go into my closet to find clothes.

"You are just nervous Tala. You have the right to be. I mean spending the rest of your life with someone is intense. At least you love him" Dakota says helping me pick out an outfit.

"But the thing is that I am not in love with him. I just see him as a brother" I say sighing

"I know, girl, you have been saying that for a while now. I just thought it was over and just a phase because you are still with him" she says while getting just a simple black blouse, a pair of blue skinny jeans, and a black pair of boots.

"Thanks, but yes I am still with him because I can't hurt him like that," I say while putting on the clothes that Dakota picked out for me.

"Don't worry, we will figure this out later, but right now it's your birthday and we both know you are hungry" Dakota says right when my stomach growls. We both laugh and go downstairs and see my favorite breakfast, everything. There are pancakes, waffles, eggs, bacon, sausages, hash browns, toast, grits, and cinnamon rolls. I love my parents so much right now. We all sat down and enjoyed breakfast together.

I look at the time and realize it's time to leave. Dakota and I help clean up then we grab our bags and head to my car. We always carpool together to school to save on gas and we both get lazy sometimes, We both get into my car, and I start to drive to school. We go to River Valley High School and it's a school filled with werewolves, vampires, fairies, other magical creatures, and humans. Humans don't know that are at the school with them. To them, we are just all normal humans going to high school. The school is a neutral ground, so there is no fighting or bringing feuds into the school. I actually really like that rule because you get to meet so many other creatures that are out there, and with no drama.

We finally get to school and I park my car in my spot. We get out of the car then walk inside and try to find our friend Tobey. He is a nice-looking guy, I guess. He is just like a brother to me and I have known him since I was little. He is a 6'0 muscular guy with medium brown hair that he always puts out in a little man bun. He is a wide receiver for our football team. All the girls go after him, but he doesn't do anything with them. He wants to save himself for his mate, and I think it is really sweet. Like I said he is a nice looking white male, but I can't see myself with a guy.

Wait did I just really just say that!? Why did I even think that? I most likely just misspoke in my mind, yeah that's it.

"Hey what's up guys, and happy birthday Tala" he said while giving me a hug. He is also like a brother to me.

"Thanks, Tobey," I say.

"No problem, I can't believe my baby is growing up. Too bad Rudi can't be here so you guys can finally know that you're mates" Tobey says and I just sigh. I just mindlessly listen to them about how perfect we will be as mates, and how cute our pups will be. While they are talking, the best smell in the world hits my nose, warm chocolate chip cookies. Someone made really amazing cookies, and I can't get the smell. I walk out from the lockers that we are standing at and trying to find the cookies so I can have some. When I am looking around for the cookies, I walk into someone.

"I am so sorry....."

"Save it dark moon pack trash! Why are you even near me right now!? You better watch it!" Koko says. Koko is the girl in the nightshade pack that gets around a lot. She thinks she is all high and mighty because everybody wants her, and people say she has something going on with the next in line alpha, Nova. For some reason that made me sad and a little hurt just thinking about it. Then out of nowhere Awan, the next in line beta, step in and say,

"Stop it Koko and leave that girl alone. Now come on Nova is waiting for us" with that her and the rest of the nightshade pack leaves. Once they leave, I can't smell the chocolate chip cookies anymore, I was really looking forward to them.

"Gosh, I can't stand those Nightshade people. They think they are all that" Tobey says. Now the Nightshade pack has a long, bad history with each other. Long story short, the two-pack used to be one pack, but a disagreement split the pack. It was something about a rogue, but it was so long ago no one knows the real reason why. The feud has never been settled and now the nightshade pack wants more land. I don't know all the details, but it doesn't matter for me because I will never get involved.

The bell rings signaling that school has started and we need to get to class. I say bye to Dakota and Tobey and go to class. Today was just a normal day for people saying happy birthday and in some classes, they sang the happy birthday song. I went to all my boring classes, listened to some gossip that is going around school, and more happy birthdays. The final bell rings and I am ready to leave and go home. Dakota has basketball practice so I don't need to drive her home. I get to go home and get ready for this party tonight. It's going to be a huge party all thanks to Rudi and making it take place at the packhouse.

I finally get home and I just want to sleep, but Nina wants to come out and go for a run. I promise her that we will go out for a run after the party then I silent her out. My eyes start to get really heavy and look at the time and I have plenty of time to sleep. I go upstairs to my room then jump on my bed, and close my eyes for a few minutes. While I am in a beautiful sleep, Dakota barges into my room,

"Wake up! There is no time to be sleeping! We need to get ready now!" Dakota yells at me.

"Shut up, we have plenty of time before the party"

"No, we don't we have an hour," Dakota says rushing into my closet trying to find clothes for us. I slowly get out of bed and go to my bathroom to take a shower.

"Hurry up because I still stink from practice" Dakota yells. I turn on the shower and let the water warm up a bit. After a minute I go and check the water to see if it's hot enough. Once it is the right temperature, I get into the shower and let the water hit my skin. I just stand in the shower for a minute and just think about nothing and finally relax. I don't know why, but I feel like tonight is going to be a great night. After I have wandering thoughts, I quickly take a shower because I know Dakota will yell at me again to hurry up. Once I am done, I get out of the shower and dry off. I wrap the towel around me and walk out into my room and see Dakota with a red dress in her hand. I sigh and say

"You know I don't like to wear dresses unless it is an important event" I stare at her.

"Come on, it is your birthday. Your eighteenth birthday to be exact. Do you want to impress Rudi? " Dakota says seriously.

"I don't want to wear a dress. End of story" I went while going to my closet trying to find something to wear. I am not a girly-girly or a tomboy or anything. I am myself and I wear what I want to wear, and tonight I am just not feeling a dress; And I am not going to wear my tux, not this time maybe another time. I really start to look through my closet to see what I want to wear. After a few minutes of looking I find a cute pink blouse with a little bow on top, black high waisted jeans, and black wedges. I put in the clothes and walk out of the closet to show Dakota,

"What do you think?" I show her my outfit.

"What are you coming out of the closet? I am surprised," Dakota laughs her ass off "but you look really good, maybe even better than my choice," she said and we both laugh. After our good laugh then I start to think about if I like a girl and come out, would people accept me and not laugh or hate on me.

"Alright I am going to go take my shower and change," Dakota says and heads to my bathroom. I get out of my thoughts and go on my phone until Dakota gets out of the shower/ While I am playing games, I get a text from Rudi

"Can't wait to see you love! <3" I let out a sigh and almost gag, and Nina was getting angry for some reason. She has been on edge lately, I just think she really needs to go out for a run, it has been a while. Dakota comes back from the bathroom wearing a cute mid-sized red sparkly dress.

"Gosh that felt so good, now let's hurry and do our hair. The party is about to start and you don't want to be late to your own party" Dakota grabs me and puts in me a chair so she can do my hair. I just wanted to go simple so she just flat iron and brush my hair out. Then I just pull her hair into a ponytail.

"Damn we look hot tonight, and Rudi will be all over you. If Rudi isn't your mate, you can get anybody in that outfit" Dakota says winking at me and I just roll my eyes.

"Let's go to the car so we can go," I say walking downstairs. I grab my phone and wallet, I mean that's all I need. Dakota comes down and grabs her keys, and we walk to her car. Once we get in the car, we blast the music and start to sing out loud. We sing all the way until we get to the packhouse and park. We can hear the music all the way from inside the car. People are everywhere with drinks in their hands. I take a deep breath and step out of the car.

"Everything is going to be fine, okay," Dakota says, seeing me a little nervous. Nina is also comforting me, she seems to be really happy for some reason. Dakota and I start to walk towards the house, a few people say happy birthday to me and I say thanks back. We finally get into the house and everybody yells happy birthday to me. I yell thank you back and everybody goes back to what they were doing before. Dakota comes close to my ear "Do you smell him?" I just look at her crazy.

"Who?"

"Rudi duh. If you guys are mates, you should smell the most amazing scent right now" Dakota says and I start to think about those cookies I smelt today. Then Dakota snaps her fingers in front of my face.

"Sorry I really don't smell anything but alcohol," I say and Dakota frowns.

"This sucks, you should smell him by now. If you guys are mates and in love then I don't know what love is" Dakota says and I just shrug not thinking anything of it. Then the man himself comes up with his 6'0 muscular build. He's mixed with black and Mexican with curly brown hair.

"Hey happy birthday baby," he says and hugs me. I hug him back but not like the hugs I use to give him.

"So when do we find out that we are mates, and by the way you look so beautiful tonight" he just stares at me, and I move around uncomfortably.

"We should know by now Rudi, we aren't mates"

"Yes, we are. We love each other and everybody knows and thinks we are mates" Rudi says, a little confused.

"I am sorry Rudi but I don't love you like the way you love me. I am sorry, I need to leave and get some fresh air" I say while running out of the house and far away, not looking back. I can hear Rudi calling my name, but I still don't look back. Once I know no one is around, I strip my clothes and put them in a neat pile with my phone and wallet next to a tree. I change into my wolf form and Nina is very happy to be out and run. I just ran and kept running letting my legs take me away. After a while of running I smell it again, warm chocolate chip cookies, but what are cookies doing in the middle of the woods. I stop and look around, then I hear a wolf growling at me. The wolf shifts and I look into their eyes, and I know for sure this time. That is my mate. Then I hear the most beautiful angelic voice,

"Who are you mutt, and what are you doing on my territory"  

Thank you for reading!!! Leave a vote, please!!! 

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

351K 7.9K 22
When Bella's father invites the neighboring pack to join them for a week, she finds her mate. (READ AT YOUR OWN RISK! THIS WAS MY FIRST BOOK AND IT...
118K 3.3K 48
What will happen if your mate is already married and he has no clue about being your mate. This is what happening in Oliver's life. Unaware of danger...
649K 20K 33
My name is Kacey Artega, I am 17 years old, and I am in the risingmoon pack. Wolves are normally meant to find there mates at 15 years old, yet I'm 1...
32.7K 916 27
Destined mates seems like some sort of a joke, right? They don't exist anymore. Or that's what everyone thought. [Warning: This book contains mature...