My Golden Rose - A Snape, Lup...

By bonnie__xxx

They called me Golden, but I was nothing further. Aurelia Rosier, in her last year at Hogwarts, finds herself... More

𝖈 𝖍 𝖆 𝖕 𝖙 𝖊 𝖗 I
𝖈 𝖍 𝖆 𝖕 𝖙 𝖊 𝖗 II
III

IV

195 10 2
By bonnie__xxx

Two of my classes had gone past, the atmosphere in our year was intense, everyone seemed on edge with excitement and could hardly concentrate. I could hardly concentrate. I fiddled with the little velvet bag on my lap, thinking about how I had to miss my 'shift' at the ministry, and drug a mind reader. That was the hardest part to get around. Him and I do not get on, and he'd hear me a mile away, and even if he didn't and somehow I managed to sneak up on him, he'd know what I was doing before I would even begin. I knew I needed a flaw-free plan, paired with my creative mind and unstoppable ambition, it was hardly an issue.

I ripped away a small piece of parchment from my piece of work, I was currently in the Hall in a free study lesson, and carefully began to generate some ideas to get past the Head of Slytherin. Not even get past, just to get him.

Potions, spells, nothing seemed good enough to get him those dangerous little pills.

A suitable distraction is all he would require. Though what would suffice? I would consider myself well trained in my own mind. Yet, as rumour dictates, his power of legilimens is feared amongst all students and staff alike. For lies are useless in his presence. I do not think he would use it in all situations but I must seem with some suspicion, and pushing him out of my mind completely would be even more suspicious.

Perhaps this wasn't something I could complete on my own. Perhaps I needed someone else perfectly capable of distracting. Someone he hated more than me. Someone like Potter.

The third year students aren't granted free study periods, though Lunch was soon approaching, and I knew if I stayed through the entire duration, I'd catch sight of him and ask for his help. Not help as such, assistance more like.

"Harry. Harry Potter?" I spoke quietly as I stood behind him when he sat with his three friends at the table. He jumped slightly at the sound of my voice, I couldn't say I blamed him. An older slytherin student approaching him in the light of day. How very frightening.

"Y-yes, ma'am?" He said timidly, turning his neck to see me.

"Oh no need for such formalities, we're past that." I smiled. "Though there is something I'm in dire need of." I explained in a whisper. That smart mudblood girl's glare fixated upon me. "Do you think you'd be able to help me? It would involve enacting some sort of revenge on a certain Potions master."
That certainly caught his attention.

"What do you need me to do?" He said with an unexpected tone of courage. Then again, he was a gryffindor, what did I expect, other than deranged arrogance.

~~

"Professor! Professor Snape! I need your help!" I shouted as I ran down the hall, trying not to roll my eyes or sound sarcastic. I had a collapsed Harry in my arms. Sort of. He was rather heavy to carry so I had to improvise.

"Miss Rosier? What on earth is the matter?" He said with more expression than usual. His eyes growing wide with worry for the boy in my arms. Why he cared so much for a boy he supposedly hates was of no sense to me. Though as a teacher I knew my plan was flawless because a teacher can never refuse help. To save someone's life, or something like that.

"Harry - he, I - and then he -" I spoke through sharp and quick breaths as if I was overwhelmed with a mixture of panic and lack of stamina.

"Make sense, you pathetic girl." He growled through his teeth as he lifted Harry from me and rested him on a seat in his classroom.

"Well?"

I took in a quick breath before leaning against the wall. He fiddled around with various vials and boxes, picking from them what he deemed a suitable antidote. Or something equivalent.
I took his busy panic, though I must admit his entire demeanour hid any emotion well, his frantic yet graceful movements suggested otherwise. In exploitation of Snape's heroic acts, I crushed the pills and slipped them residue into various items he may drink or breathe in or something. That would have an effect. I knew it wasn't ideal, but it was all I could manage. With him still distracted, I attempted to leave his classroom, only to find that he had locked the doors. Somehow, in the midst of the chaos.

"Do not even think about it, Rosier. You will not leave this room until you tell me exactly what happened."

I sat down on one of the desks, nearing the back of the room, perhaps the distance between us would grant me safety. Perhaps it would make no difference.

"Professor. I found him in such a state. I brought him to you with the prospect that you would both be able to remedy him and punish the one responsible."
I explained, tapping my nails against the wooden table.

"And who must I punish them, Miss Rosier?" He asked, his eyes now staring into mine as Harry's eyes fluttered open.

"I thought the punishment you provide would be less harsh. Considering it was one of our own."

"Is it that impossible to speak to the point for you, girl?"

"Now you know how we feel Sir." I responded, annoyed by his comment.
"Fine. Malfoy. I didn't take Potter to Madame Pomfrey, because then the house points would be taken more generously. Now, if you would excuse me." I added, pulling myself from the top of the desk with a slight jump. "The doors?" I questioned.

"If I find out you are lying in any shape or form Miss Rosier. Mark my words, my punishment for you will be least generous and most harsh. Do I make myself clear?"

"Almost as clear as my Cartier diamonds Sir." I smirked earning a scoff from him.

Dropping the pill into Lupin's dinner drink proved far simpler. He engaged in some conversation for a moment; and no one noticed or suspected a thing. Snape was not seen at dinner, or at any of his lessons since. Meaning I had done my job. The evening soon approached and I knew it was time to get into my dress.

"Odessa!" A boy called from outside our dorm.

"Oh for fucks sake, fuck off and let us get ready!" She shouted back, zipping up another girl's dress. Dresscode was gowns, of course, you can't expect a bunch of pretentious witches and wizards to get drunk and high in anything but the fanciest of all. I wore a khaki dress, floor length and tight fitting. Leaving my hair down, and makeup neutral.

And the other girls had dresses in a range. It would be dark and no one would be sober so it mattered less than any other ball.

"I shall go and see what those kind fuckers want." I stood up, running a hand against my hair.

"You look amazing as usual Aurelia." Odessa smiled. I winked back, walking out of the door.

"Boys." I mused as I waltzed into their dorm.

"Aurelia. Fuck." Dmitri said with his jaw dropped.

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes, smirking a bit. "Are you perfectly incapable of tieing a bow tie?" I raised an eyebrow at the awful bows around the boys' necks.

"No -"

"Right. Line up." I waved my hands so they would form a line in front of me. I enjoyed that they would do my every command. But in all honesty, it became quite boring.

"I do not blame you, you know. It's society's fault for not teaching men simple domestic spells." I carefully muttered as I pointed my wand at each of them, fixing their attire.

"Yo 'Mtri. Your crazy ass mates are here." Desmond shouted from the window.

"Oh shit, okay. Aurelia, come with. Odessa was meant to, but she's not ready yet."

"You lot really are nothing short of incapable aren't you." I responded, biting down on my lip. "But you're carrying the drinks."

~~

The atmosphere was a lot more intense this year. Perhaps it was all the extra hardcore vodka drinkers from Durmstrang. I hate to stick to stereotypes but the Beaux girls practically matched all of their gowns, again, in this light purple silk fabric. It mildly irritated me how well-put they were. I couldn't begin to imagine the bitchiness that went on behind those castle walls. It had taken practically moments for everyone to get wrecked except me of course. I had a high tolerance and a bad feeling about tonight. 

It was about an hour in, and the music was blaring but we had cast our enchantments to keep it all quiet from the outside. Some random Beaux boy had been chatting to me the entire time, posh french twat as 'Mtri kept mouthing to me from the other side of the party. He was attractive, tall with dark hair and light eyes but my mind was far too occupied. 

"I'm going for a walk, excuse me." I fake smiled and rolled my eyes at the boy next to me. 

I did not even pay attention to the gorgeous ruins that surrounded me as I pulled my wand to my lips and took my lighter from my bra. Smoking was a bad habit, I am more than aware of that. But I needed something to calm the nerves. The nerves that no one can take notice of, for the sake of my image. The music echoed behind me, and the light breeze that flashed against my skin was nothing short of refreshing. As the smoke cleared from in front of my gaze, I caught sight of two figures far in the distance. I narrowed my eyes in an attempt to gain clearer sight but the shadows were far from identifiable. 

"Who are they? All my lot are here." Dmitri appeared beside me, slurring his words. 

"Oh for fucks sake." I muttered under my breath. "Get everyone into the Old Dungeons, I'll deal with our uninvited guests." I smiled slightly. The feeling of possible danger ran through my blood and made me feel exhilarated, excited, daring. "Don't fuck this up 'Mtri. Don't let me hear or see a single body upon my return."

"Your wish is my command." He laughed, shaking his head amused at his own joke. I should have known not to doubt my intuition. 

As the figures in the distance became clearer I noticed who the two men were.

"Well well, if it isn't our two resident blondes." I said with a lot of sarcasm to hide the fact that I really do not have a filter and should perhaps monitor the things I say before they come out of my mouth because I always seem to get into trouble for it. "To what do I owe this pleasure."

"Mr Yaxley and I were expecting your presence tonight for your ministry shift. Apparently you are unable to comprehend the sheer weight of your trial, so allow me to enlighten you." Lucius Malfoy spoke, I still could not clearly make out their features; the clouded moonlight proved inefficient. But I could feel his stone cold gaze upon me, harder than the cold air that crashed against my bare skin. 

"How did you find me?" I inquired, quickly noticing a shift in Lucius' stature.

"Your contract. You are blood bound to us. You can run, my dear, but rest assured, you cannot hide." Mr Malfoy added, stepping closer to me. Yaxley was unervingly quiet, his presence - both of their presence did intimidate me, but I could not let them see as such. 

"Miss another shift, you will be expelled. Miss a shift after that, you will be locked away. And you will make up for tonight's with another hour tomorrow. Goodnight Miss Rosier." Yaxley spoke, quietly, sternly, and succinctly. 

"Oh I am sure you'd just love to see me locked away would you not?" 

"Some of us more than others, dear." Lucius spoke just above a whisper, whilst tapping his cane firmly against the ground. He stepped closer, until his breath was warm against my cheek, until his shadow towered over mine, and the heat of his body radiated against my cold skin. "I shall not ask of your misdemeanours tonight. I do not care for whatever you spend your time doing, unless you do so in your time that belongs to me." His lips were close to my ear, sending shivers through my body. "Oh and Miss Rosier, a dress like that is appropriate for your time with me. Do you understand?"

"Yes, Sir." I respond, quietly. 

"Good. I expect you there promptly, appropriately dressed and ready to work. Goodnight."

"Night." I bit down on my bottom lip, a little bit annoyed at the encounter. At least it wasn't Snape. Or Lupin for that matter.

I watched the two men disappear into the distance. The whole encounter was strange, a warning of sorts. But it felt unofficial, dangerous. It felt dark. And I have learnt not to underestimate the allure of darkness.

A/n: Heyy new chapter - I feel quite inspired for this one, I like the 3 options haha, it's refreshing. Thanks for reading! lovee you loads xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

244K 5.5K 61
this is basically a girl named ava at hogwarts during her fourth year. i orignially planned for this to be a draco fanfic, but accidentally got her i...
1.5K 79 44
A girl named Sophie Verilia attends the boarding school Hogwarts of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Sophie is happily dating Fred Weasley and enjoying her t...
116K 2.7K 30
***in editing*** ***sequel in progress*** you were James potter's little sister only there's one problem, you're a Slytherin and he's a Gryffindor. w...
20K 671 55
Y/n Black went to Beauxbaton Academy in France for two years. Then, when she's 13, Dumbledore brings her to Hogwarts and she discovers her father's b...