My Golden Rose - A Snape, Lup...

By bonnie__xxx

They called me Golden, but I was nothing further. Aurelia Rosier, in her last year at Hogwarts, finds herself... More

π–ˆ 𝖍 𝖆 𝖕 𝖙 π–Š 𝖗 I
π–ˆ 𝖍 𝖆 𝖕 𝖙 π–Š 𝖗 II
IV

III

335 15 4
By bonnie__xxx

Good girl.

His seemingly insignificant words replayed in my mind. There was something about him that I could not shake, and I was yet to decide whether it was a good feeling, or bad.

I laid in my bed, staring up at the ceiling, unable to close my eyes at all, for I felt rather agitated. I climbed out of the soft covers, my bare feet hitting the worn-out rug. I glanced at the small clock on the left wall, and the time read 3:07. AM.

Witching hour. I smirked to myself as I fastened my silk robe around my body.

I turned the door handle, and stepped out of my dorm room, not caring for any noise I made, because there was no point in caring. The feeling of the ice-stone against the soles of my feet made me feel alive, oddly. And the cold chill that brushed against my face, the shivers it sent down my spine, the darkness that seemed to go on forever, only reminded me of the true beauty of this Earth.

I ran my fingers along the golden frames of the portraits, taking a somewhat immoral pleasure in watching them shift in their sleep. I chuckled to myself silently, taking in a deep breath as I felt the shadows move around me.

Glimpses of soft moonlight exclusively touching whatever it desires, and leaving the rest in eternal darkness.

It was a sight so peaceful yet so disturbing. Too silent, too pretty, and if there was one thing I had learnt in my years, nothing in our world is as it seems.

You think you know? Think again. And again, and perhaps once more.

Because witches and wizards don't just conceal the truth, they create a web of lies, layers of secrets - all to be uncovered by the next no one. It is for no one to know their truth. Because truth is weakness amongst those of us who matter much.

The problem with our species is that each of us holds a certain degree of power - some more than others. And with power comes the desire for more power - all natural and inevitable to feel; a drug like none other. And all do accept it.

But envy - envy is the true ugliness that runs through our veins, and it stems from our power-hungry souls. It is a dangerous jealously, the source of all unsettledness in ours and the human world. The muggle world. That once did belong to us, but it belongs to them now.

"Quite the little trouble maker, aren't we." A voice interrupted my thoughts, causing me to jump. "Miss Rosier."

I cleared my throat, turning around ever so slowly as I rested my left hand softly against the window sill.

"Professor Lupin. To what do I owe this pleasure." I smiled, my eyes burning into his - showing no expression of worry as I pretend not to acknowledge the time.

"It is a pleasure indeed." He smiled back, genuinely, and unwillingly causing me to feel somewhat guilty. "Trouble sleeping?" He inquired as he glanced at my attire, and then my bare feet.

I hummed in response, leaning back against the window sill, the cold air seeping through my skin almost with a feeling of pain. There were no glass windows in this part of the castle, only empty stone archways, quite large in nature. Certainly big enough to jump out of. If it were not for the magic that prevented that sort of 'reckless behaviour' so unthoughtfully described as by the staff of school.

"If you were in the younger years, I would have given you detention for wandering the corridors at night." He spoke, quietly, breaking eye contact and stepping closer to me. I turned away to face the window and took a deep breath of fresh air. "But, I understand the perils of 7th year."

"Perils." I repeated, smiling. I snuck a glance at the handsome man beside me, now leaning over the window sill, both elbows against the edge as he watched the dark scenery that lay outside the castle. Dressed in his shirt, messy and untucked into a pair of comfortable-looking trousers. Why he was also awake on such a beautiful and peaceful night crossed my mind.

"Your reputation proceeds you Miss Rosier." He said just above a whipser, looking down at his rather long, elegant fingers.

"And what reputation would that be Professor?" I asked, pressing my tongue against my teeth.

"The perfect mixture of trouble and sophistication. You know what we spoke about in the staff room?" I raised my eyebrows at his discerning observation of my character.

"Enlighten me Sir." I breathed.

"Poised and polished, yes, but uncontrollable. Well-spoken but out-spoken, and by the words of Professor Snape - your lack of ability to apply your intelligence is exasperating."

"Oh I can assure you, he exasperates me equally as much," I spoke through my teeth. "Good to know you care much for other people's opinions though Professor. I think I'll be off now. Goodnight." I quickly remarked before turning around and strutting off into the dark hallways out of sight - before he could even reply with a single sound.

And to think I thought perhaps he had potential. Someone I could actually get along with. I shook my head at my obvious lack of correct judgement and proceeded to step along the ice cold stone of the castle, until I found myself back in my bed once more. This time drifting into darkness.

~~

I awoke once again to the hand of my roommate pulling the warm covers off my barely clothed body.

"Babe, how do you not freeze your tits off every time you sleep?" She asked, pulling her hair into a high ponytail.

"Distant vampire blood." I joked casually.

"Please, your blood is purer than any of ours and we're in the purest house of them all. Except maybe that Malfoy kid in 4th year. I'm pretty sure his mother married her cousin." She laughed, along with a few of the other girls.

"I highly doubt that. Rumours, my dears, are the beginning of all mortal pain. Think not of them, and instead focus on things that matter." I spoke in a slightly overly dramatic fashion, only to conceal the fact that I really did believe the words I said.

"And what would that be?" Another girl asked, tapping me on the shoulder as I stripped down fully.

"How you used that little body to get out of your sentence with the Ministry." She teased.

"Enough. I can assure you, that never happened. And never will. Ministry men are far from my taste anyways."

"Tell that to Mr Malfoy. Have you seen him yet? He is literally sex on legs." She responded, giggling.

"Have not, no." I lied, biting my lower lip at the very thought of him. "I'll keep a look out though."

"If you see him, tell him Lilah misses him." Another girl inputted.

"Shut up Odessa." Lilah shouted from the other end of the chaotic room of girls getting ready for school.

"Wait you and Daddy Malfoy actually fucked?"

"I thought you just had a crush on him, jeez."

"Oh my god what was it like? Is he big?"

"Obviously he's big, I mean have you seen him?"

"No wait, let Lilah explain."

I sat back and listened to the growing conversation. About Mr Malfoy. Usually I never even paid attention to these sorts of conversations that often occurred even first thing in the morning. But this one was of - professional, interest to me.

All conversation was brought to a stop by a knock at the door.

"Ladies, can we come in?" A male voice spoke from the other side of the large wooden door.

"Course babe," Odessa smiled as she turned the handle, letting in about 5 seventh year boys from the rooms beside.

"Mornin' Aurelia." One of them winked as I buttoned my shirt.

"Alright boys?" I rolled my eyes playfully, pulling up my stockings.

"Never better. We brought the supplies for later. But we need you girlies to hide them for us." Tomas spoke as he emptied the bag onto someone's bed.
It essentially consisted of a lot of illegal wizarding contraband. Drugs, alcohol, the lot. But far more dangerous than muggle things. Full of shit that will last for weeks if taken in excess.

"Wait, so cause I'm new, who's coming?" A dark blonde haired boy asked as he fiddled with a bottle of alcohol.

"Well us and Gryffindor, for one night only - we tolerate the fuckers. They tend to lose their unbearable arrogance when they're high; most of them at least." Tomas replied.

"There may be a few more-" Dmitri intervened.

"What the fuck Dmitri, who did you invite mate?"

"Possibly the 7th years from Dumstrang and Beaux."

"All of them?" Tomas questioned, standing up tall with growing anger.

"They probably won't all come. Probably." Dmitri replies, backing down.  "Look it's fine. Nothing's gonna happen."

"Fuck. Snape. He nearly caught us last time. He definitely will this time with 'Mitri's dodgy mates." Odessa inputted, rubbing Tomas' shoulder in a caring manner. They weren't dating but they were fucking. And weren't secret about it either.

"Aurelia." Tomas said slowly. I snapped my head around in his direction.

"Go on." I replied in an equally slow manner, sitting down on my bed and crossing my legs.

"You know how you're the baddest bitch in Slytherin." He began, taking a couple of steps closer to me. I hummed in agreement, smirking to myself. "Would you do us a favour?"

"A favour?"

"Yes, a favour. A very small, seemingly insignificant favour. Well it would be to him. Please Aurelia you're the only one who could pull something like this off."

"What would I get in return?" I inquired.

"Firstly each of us would owe you a favour. And that's a pretty big cash in when necessary. And the other thing, you can pick. Anything."

"Anything?"

"Anything."

"Hand me the pill then. It'll be done before 3." I stayed, opening my hand out for him to drop the little velvet pouch. I peered in and saw not just one but two.

"Who's the other for?"

"You know that new guy, Lupin. His rooms are on upper dungeons. He might hear us coming or leaving. You've got him today too right?"

"Why ask me a question you clearly know the answer to." I spoke through my teeth, losing patience slightly.

"Yeah - sorry. Okay, thanks Aurelia, we love you forever man." I send him my best forced smile back. Snape I was fine with slipping a little sleeping pill to. Professor Lupin though - I felt a little more wary of. Perhaps due to his irritatingly kind nature.

"So everyone take a seat. We'll run through the plan." Odessa began. "Tomas and the boys have so kindly spent the night labelling the items. Everyone has at least 3 to hide each. And then we're gonna head down to the 5th and 6th years to give them some shit too. Then 6pm is dress up time."

"Not relevant babe."

"Shut up baby, mama's talking. Yea so, we need to start making our way down to West Wing by 7:30. And Dmitri and a fucking group of people will have to go and retrieve his guests from the Lake. Where I hope you've told them to arrive to draw no attention." She eyed him as he nodded quickly. "Then we'll do our shit. Everyone good?"

A few nods and sounds of agreement were present in the room. Our annual 'Fucked up, fuck it' night was about to begin.

A/n: Heyyy
I've been the most busiest recently so noo time to update. I have exams and should totally be revising but for some reason I ended up writing a new chapter instead!!
I hope you enjoyed it - and will enjoy what's yet to come !
Thanks for reading!
Bonnie xxxxxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

401K 11.1K 98
Rose Marie Belle, a kind yet clumsy Gryffindor witch was starting her third year at Hogwarts. Deemed different from many, people teased her with the...
3.6K 163 35
"We were so far into this war. It started with the Death of an innocent boy: Cedric Diggory. Then my mother, Cordelia Black. I don't know who's next...
936K 39.8K 170
❝ a darkness that holds me, and loves when I bleed, it locks all the doors and then hides all the keys, wish someone had told me what I co...
41.7K 1.5K 79
Β€It is not in the stars to hold our destiny, but in ourselves. The love, life, and lies of Cassiopeia Vulpecula Rosier "The Dark Lord took a particu...