All Strings Attached

By Miwa2SS

19 years old Win Metawin is a cheerful and cheeky college boy who is son of a police officer. He often finds... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Not an update
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 13

1.7K 133 49
By Miwa2SS

.
.
.

"Who was that?" Type asked, his hand occupied by a glass of chilled water. He was barefooted in his pjs.

"Uh friend?" Win replied , his tone sounded more like a question.

Type tilted his head with  unimpressed expressions on his face "I saw you two kissing"

Win looked down for a split second, nodding, his head working hard to think "That was my girlfriend actually" Win replied, hastly.

"She dropped you off at this hour and went home alone?" Type knitted his eyebrows together, coming closer.

"I told you to buy me a car! Now see I gotta take favour from a girl" Win complaint, seeing a perfect opportunity to coax Type to buy him a car "Your little brother really wants to treat his girlfriend well na"

Although the lounge room was dim lighted but Type narrowed his eyes and extended his hand, gently touching Win's bruised lips.

"Phi hurts!" Win hissed , weakly pushing Type's hand away. Type stepped forward and held Win's collar, purposely pushing his shirt down.

Win glanced down and gasped. He himself didn't know his neck and shoulder was brutally marked.

"Thats some really bold girl you are dating" Type asked, his voice suspicious. "Tell the truth. You didn't get your self into something weird right? Did you perhaps go to.. a Prostitute?"  Type asked, his voice and face both showing worry.

"P'Type what are you talking about!" Win whined, feeling awkward "Why would I do that"

"You better not" Type warned him.

"I am not okay?" Win assured him, placing both his hands on Type's shoulders "And I'm really tired. I am going to bed"

Type nodded, attaching the glass back to his lips, watching Win jogged  towards his room.

Win went to his room and closed the door behind his back, cursing loudly. He ran to the nearby mirror and examined his neck,  furrowing his eyebrows at the sight.

His pale neck down to his chest was covered with maroon hickeys. Perhaps it looked like he was attacked by a wild animal.
.
.
.

Next afternoon, everyone was gathered in the garage, finalising everything. Small robberies like this had become their habit. None of them really felt anxious about this kind of task anymore and no matter how hard the matter looked, they always knew Bright will find a way out for them. The boy was simply God gifted intelligent.

He spread his hands on table, glancing at his fellows standing in front of him.

"Are we clear on everyone's position?"

They all nodded in sync, looking at the city map on table.

"Mork you enter first like a usual customer and you Dan" Bright shifted his glanced at him "You stay besides Gun as his left arm" Bright revised, saying the word ' left ' in English.

"Left?" Dan scrunched his nose. Mike who was actually the only graduate out of everyone leaned forward and whispered near Dan's ear " ซ้าย (saa-ee) (left) " 

Dan nodded as soon as the word in their native language fell into his ear. Bright glanced at them for the last time and leaned away from the table, adjusting the bluetooth in his ear, checking the working of device.

"Bright you sketched the map of local streets near the targeted area?" Gun who was standing behind him the entire time , asked. Bright nodded and pushed his hand in his pocket and carelessly pulled out the first paper he felt his hand touched. He tossed it to Gun who caught and unfolded the neatly folded paper and his expressions changed as he read the content.

He frowned and read out loud, confused " Prepare 1500 words history essay on Korean cold war?"

Bright looked at him confused until realisation hit him and he immediately snatched the paper from his hand.

Gun stared at him confused while Bright pulled out another paper and handed it to Gun, clearing his throat awkwardly.

Gun took the paper but didn't unfold it instead he stared at Bright "Did you secretly join the college?"

Bright didn't speak, just gave him a cold look. Gun snickered and unfolded the paper, muttering "That doesn't even look like your handwriting anyway"

"You'll gather around 7pm" Bright replied and turned to Gun "We need to check out the area first"

And with that, both guys left.
.
.
.

Mike was casually strolling across the streets, with his hands in his pockets. He walked passed by the coffee shop where he met Type. He smiled, glancing inside hoping to meet the guy again but Ofcourse the chances of him there were very slight.

He didn't really pay attention to where he was heading. He still had plenty of time before he had to meet everyone at 7. He looked up and felt himself surrounded by tons of people.

He tried to squeezed passed by them, occasionally glancing at the busy road besides the walk path. Suddenly he felt someone collided into his shoulder hard, pushing Mike to his side.

Mike tried to grab something to balance himself. He hurriedly looked behind at the person who didn't even stop to apologise.

"My purse!"  Mike heard a lady in her early 40's shrieking, pointing to the guy who just ran in opposite direction "Police! Someone call Police!"

Mike didn't hear her last words and without having seconds thoughts, he turned back and took swift steps towards the robber.

Although Mike was really good with technology but his physical conditions weren't very good. He reached nearer to him, almost trapping him in a dead end.

That was a lean guy in his late teens, younger than Mike. Before Mike could step forward and decide rather to take purse from him and divide the money or should he become honest and give the purse back to the lady, he heard a familiar voice

"Drop the bag and raise your hands!"

Mike felt the chills running down his back. The voice was kind of familiar yet it was so dominating and powerful, just like a real police officer's.

He slowly turned back and his body somewhat relaxed when he saw Type standing there. Boy was barely a teenager so he got scared and dropped the bag.

Type picked up the bag carefully and gave boy a cold glare
"How old are you?"

"S-seventeen" Boy muttered, shaking. Type glared at him hard, making the boy almost piss his pants.

"How much money do you have with you right now?" Type asked, his voice strict.

Mike stared at Type in Confusion. Is he robbing the robber? Is he one of us? A small flicker of hope and happiness lit inside Mike's heart. And for a mere second, he felt like he could see himself standing besides Type in future.

"Merely 12 baht" Young boy muttered heartlessly. Mike looked at him from toe to head and he could definitely tell that the boy wasn't lying. It would be useless to ask him for money.

Type nodded and pushed his hand in his pocket, pulling out his wallet. Mike observed his every moment carefully.

He pulled out 2 papers of 100 baht and pushed it in boy's hand, giving his a warning look "I do not encourage this kind of behavior. Why did you think it was the right thing to do to steal that lady's purse? "

Type confronted him like a teacher. The boy had his eyes bowed down the whole time, his head hung in shame. Type continued "I'll already submit your identity to local police department. If you dare do anything like this again. You won't be able to get out easily"

The boy nodded quickly. As soon as Type stepped aside, boy ran for his dear life but he muttered a gentle "Thank you" before fleeing away.

Mike stood there dumbfounded. He was moved by the kindness of this man. How he solved the situation was something he has never witnessed anyone doing it before. Soon after, Type turned to Mike and smiled big.

He walked to him and patted on his head " And you did the right thing by chasing him".

"I just tried" Mike shrugged his shoulders, smitten.

"We can really use generous young people like you" Type smiled.

'Use me all to your satisfaction!' Mike thought but didn't dare to say it out loud.

"By the way phi" Mike couldn't help but wonder "Were you nearby?"

Type nodded "I was driving around, looking for some certain tools to fix stuff at home. I heard someone called for the police" Type replied and continued "Gosh how hard is it to find a hardware store that sell every kind of tools"

Mike observed a look of frustration at Type's face and chuckled. Type scrunches his nose whenever he is displeased by anything and Mike thought it was one of the cutest habit he had.

"While working in garage" Mike spoke "We need various tools and this hardware store down the main road" Mike explained the address to a big store. He saw that store on his way to the big jewellery store, the store they plan to rob today.

The thought of future plan hit his mind for a bit but he shook it away. Its not like an ordinary citizen like Type would cause any kind of hindrance. He would go to the store, buy stuff and be on his way. There are pretty solid chances that he won't even go there today!

"Thats good!" Type replied, his voice cheerful. Mike was immediately brought back from his thoughts and he smiled at senior.

"I'll make sure to check it" Type replied and glanced at his watch "Right now I really have to go back to work"

"Alright phi" Mike nodded with a smile and took the purse from Type "Do you want me to return it to the lady? If you're in hurry"

"Thank you that would be really helpful" Type nodded and parted his way.

Mike smiled for a long time after Type went away. He looked at the bag and decided not to take out any money.

He didn't want to splash dirty drops on Type's honest act.

He smiled, walking where he left the old lady, unaware of the fact what he is doing to his gang by giving out random pieces of information to Type.
.
.
.

Bright adjusted his ear piece and looked up at sky. It was extremely dark, showing signs of another thunder storm.

Good . Bright thought and as a matter of habit, sat at the edge of high building. Building has to be near the targeted area where he can scan everything with his own eyes. Mike standing behind him, staring at his own laptop.

It was 7:01. Almost closing time for a sensitive jewellery store that had the strictest security around the area.

"Can you hear me?" Bright spoke, afraid that the strong wind might hinder their communication.

"A little disrupt but yes " Gun replied. He was standing down on road. Bright nodded and as if Gun could hear his movement, he gestured Mork to enter first as a costumer. There has to be fine amount of costumers inside just in case.

Everything was normal until now. No one suspected them. People were walking down just fine. Bright would occasionally glanced at his laptop screen where he had a camera monitoring every car passing by while Mike sitting behind him was trying to hack the security cameras.

Bright was staring at cars passing by, uninterested. Most of his concentration was on his Bluetooth device, waiting for Gun to signal that they have entered . As soon as Gun enters, the action begins.

Bright was about to speak through this bluetooth device, when his whole body froze for a mere second. He immediately sat upon his feet, alert.

His eyes sharply focused on screen. He just saw a familiar person driving by. It can't be?

Bright immediately stood up and bowed forward to look down, trying to spot the specific car.

"Whats wrong?" Mike looked at him , confused.

Bright didn't say anything but anxiously kept shifting his gaze between the laptop screen and down on road, his heart uneasy.

He touched his bluetooth device, softly speaking, his voice unsure "Gun don't enter yet"

"Huh!?" Gun asked loudly, unable to hear Bright over the loud wind.

"Damn it Don't enter !"  Bright practically yelled as soon as he saw that car slowing down around the area. Damn it, he was right.

"Whats going on?" Mike asked, nervous. Once he saw the most calm boy anxious, his heart automatically trembled.

"There is an undercover cop down there!" Bright shouted.

Mike furrowed his eyebrows. Bright again tried to talk to Gun but Mike spoke, his voice heavy "They have already entered"

Bright didn't have to turn to hear people screaming down. It has started.

Bright just stood there, holding his breath as he stared down for any kind of abnormality. Much to his dismay, he heard police siren soon. It's been barely 3 minutes since the robbery started.

Their members were inside and all Bright could do is to close the security gates but that'll only leave them stuck inside, surrounded by police.

Frustrated, he pulled his hair back and paced around, trying to contact to Gun but the only thing he could hear was loud screaming of customers.
.
.
.

Win was slumping on the couch in lounge, carelessly munching on snacks, watching TV while Saint was in the kitchen, warming food for both of them.

"I am craving for something sweet" Win shouted from the lounge. Saint glared at the kitchen doors and replied "I am not your Dad's servant! Be grateful I am heating food for you"

Saint heard a car's sound from outside the kitchen window but didn't pay much attention.

P'Zee nervously sat in car, rubbing his sweaty palms on his thighs. Besides him was resting a box of sweets that Saint often talks about.

He smiled and his mind replayed the suggestion Saint himself gave. A box of sweet with the confession note!

It took him the whole night to pick words to use in his confession so the younger one would truly know how Zee feels about him.

He stepped out of car towards Win's house. He knew Saint would be at Win's house at this hour. He was about to walk further in as he had a glimpse of Saint through the kitchen window. His heart happily jumped. Suddenly he heard a loud groan and stopped in his way .

He turned around and saw an old man, trimming down the plants in Win's courtyard.

"Uncle are you okay?" Zee asked politely.

"Do I look okay! I bent my back picking these stubborn plants!" That middle aged man scolded Zee, his hand over his sore back. He raised his small scissor and said "And it even broke my scissor. Now I need to cut these plants today before the lunar date passes away!"

Zee nodded not knowing what exactly to do. Man came forward and said "There is this shop down the road. Use your youthful legs to run there and get a smooth scissors for me"

Zee furrowed his eyebrows, nervously glancing at door.
"I have to give this to-" Zee was in the middle of his sentence when that cranky old man snatched the box from his hand and pushed him away
"I'll deliver it. You go now and get one good pair of scissors!"

Zee was unsure at first but then he nodded slowly and said "Give it to Saint okay?"

"Yes yes I know!" He shooed Zee and muttered "Days were better when I was young and tough just like you"

Zee stood at the distance, watching the gardener knocking at the door. Win was the one who came out .

Old man just simply handed him the box without saying anything and Win immediately glanced around, sporting Zee who raised his hand and pointed a finger towards Win's kitchen area, mouthing "its for Saint"

Win raised his finger at himself and a smile creeped on his face. He brought sweets for me awh thats so kind of him. Win immediately nodded and Zee smiled, thinking that he accomplished his mission.

He happily jogged to the shop down the street and brought back  strong scissors.

"Here Take it Uncle" Zee passed him the good and smiled towards the house.

He slowly took firm steps towards the giant glassed doors, feeling very nervous. What would be Saint's reply? Was he surprised? Or did he already expect it?

He nervously knocked on the door and waited patiently. Soon the door was opened and he met with Win who was leaned against the door frame, staring at Zee affectionately.

Zee glanced at him, uncomfortable.

"Come in" Win said, his voice sweet. Zee almost threw up. He wasn't used to of being treated nicely by Win. Zee came in and was immediately pushed on to sofa.

Startled, he looked at his side and found Win sitting close to him.

"Are you drunk?" Zee asked him half jokingly, half frightened.

Win smiled at him and held his hand lovingly, interlinking their fingers.
"You are so cute"

"What?" Zee asked confused, trying to pull his hand away but Win practically came on top of him.

"When I said I was gay" Win continued and gave flirty expressions to Zee "I didn't mean that I was specifically gay for you."

"What kind of non sense are you talking Win" Zee asked, his face flustered. He tried to push Win away but in vain. Soon Saint entered the living room from kitchen and stopped in his way, his eyebrows furrowed.

Zee looked at Saint and his mouth hung opened.
"Its not how it looks like!" Zee immediately clarified, looking at Saint.

Win put his hand on Zee's cheeks, pulling his face back to him and pretended to be offended "But you just said my lips looks sweeter than the sweets you sent!" It was one of the line Zee wrote in his confession letter!

Saint blinked at the statement  and looked at Zee, confused. On the other hand, Zee looked at Win with pleading eyes. Why are you doing this to me !

He immediately pushed Win away, causing him to roll over and fall down on floor.

"Ouch that hurts!" Win whined, rubbing his elbow that barely came in contact with floor.

Zee stood up, waving his hands in a no.
"This is a huge misunderstanding!"

Before Saint could say anything, Zee's phone rang. He picked it up, nervously glanced at Saint while answering "Officer Zee here sir"

"There has been a planned robbery. I sent you the location. Come prepared and Quick! I think we got them this time"

"Yes Sir!" Zee replied in a stern yet obedient voice and hung up. He looked at Saint shortly and spoke "I have to go on duty right now. Just please don't misunderstand anything okay?"

He impatiently waited for Saint to slowly nod and he flew out the door, immediately driving off.

"What was that just now?" Saint asked, confused.

"He sent sweets with a love confession" Win chuckled, shamelessly eating more sweets.

Saint frowned "For you?" . Win let out a loud laugh and shook his head in a no.

"Teasing him is so funny. You should've seen the look on his face!" Win let out another cheeky  laugh.

"It must be for someone else" Saint concluded, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion and deep thinking. P'Zee likes that girl about whom he talks to Saint all the time.

"I know" Win replied, smiling at his dumb friend.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 7.6K 65
If you like My Happiness series, then I'm sure this book is for You ♥️ Win Metawin is a billionaire CEO and a London heart throb, also know as the ho...
18.8K 853 18
Win has been alone since he was 10 years old. He is barely getting by when suddenly he is thrown into a world of luxury & extravagance, never-mind t...
149K 6.8K 46
Win metawin (21) spent most of his life not caring about love.Work, family, and friends was his life. Until one day at the gym he meets someone who...
144K 7K 18
Bright Vachirawit's life was fine until Win Metawin comes invading his calm space with his annoying and clumsy behaviour. To his surprise suddenly he...