Return Of A Soul.. Highschool...

By ZBX6779

This was originally going to be a sequel to my first story called The fallen Dragon king but I decided that t... More

prologue
chapter 2. hit a nerve.
chapter 3. dreams and nightmares.
part 4. nostalgia.
part 5. family & a message.
part 6. frame by frame.
part 7: breaking point.
part 8. state of emergency
part 9: new apocalypse.
part 10: STOP.
part 11. farewell.
part 13: new beast.
part 14. alliance vs new beast.
part 15: the talk.
part 16. freedom
part 17. epilogue

part 12: funeral

1.8K 29 7
By ZBX6779

(Flash back of Evelyn having another vision.)

Evelyn: mom.....when I open my eyes...will you be there this time?

Kuroka begins to fade away.

Kuroka: Tell your papa that I love him and that I miss you both. Take care.

Evelyn: mom..no... mom MOM!

Dream end.

Back in the dimensional gap.

Great red: NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

His roar shook the dimension.

Ophis: great red......why are you crying?

Ophis reveals that the great dragon of dreams was crying. Never once has he cried.

Great red: Ophis.........

Ophis: your voice is shaky.....what did you see?

Great red: pain.......

Ophis: .....I'm right here....

Ophis for once wanted to help great red but just didn't know how and great red couldn't bring himself to talk about what he saw....he didn't even know how to describe what he saw. Over time he saw more and more of Evelyn's visions. Each was more painful than the last and then he felt it, the deaths of millions in the human world, so many energy signatures similar to the red dragon emperor. It was pure chaos and he could feel it as well as Ophis. Little by little the signatures disappeared and felt Issei going berserk and after that......nothing. They lost his signature as well.

Ophis: no....not him. RED!

Great red: RRRRRROOOOAAARRRRRR!!!

Ophis screams and great red roared. Never have they acted of felt like this.

Great red: Ophis! It's time.

Ophis: damn right.

Both had a crazy idea and were not sure if it will work. Their powers flared and clashed, several figures appeared right where their powers clashed.

Great red: vengeance shall be served.

His voice carried a great deal of hate, Ophis always knew him as a carefree dragon but this is a new side of him.

Ophis: it shall be.

The figures increased in number and one was larger than the others. Both stopped clashing their power, great red then opened his mouth to eat the figures, Ophis fired off several black tendrils towards the figures then they were consumed by great red.

Back in the underworld.

Everyone saw Issei take his last breath, his body has succumbed to the poison blood and began to fall apart. His fingers fell off first, followed by his arms, toes and then the rest of him. He was nothing but a pile of black poisoned flesh that broke apart right in front of nearly everyone he calls family especially his daughter. Evelyn was traumatized, her father turned into a mass of body parts right before her eyes. Then the body parts disappeared leaving only the now heavily damaged boosted gear on the ground. Kuroka picked it up.

Kuroka: Ddraig?

No response, no energy signature of any kind......nothing. It was just an empty gauntlet, the vibrant red now faded, the green orb cracked and dull.

Kuroka: Issei......

Evelyn looks at the gauntlet but she only sees his face, the face of the her father who risked everything to bring her mother home, he fulfilled his promise but was the cost worth it. If he was here right now, he would say yes.

Vali and Viritra let out a roar, not of anger but of grief. A fellow dragon was dead, no afterlife....just oblivion. Only memories of him and his host remain.

Time went by, funerals were held for the deceased, injured people were being healed. Azazel, Akeno and Ajuka built artificial healing sacred gears as tokens of goodwill for the alliance, they served to be useful, Asia after all these years was able to heal many people at once and with her being a doctor, she could heal with pinpoint accuracy without wasting energy by creating a whole dome. The Phoenix family had been stockpiling Phoenix tears just in case they needed it, if it wasn't for the artificial healing sacred gears then they would have ran out quickly. Michael and Gabriel guided all the perished souls into the after life. They asked Irina to stay with everyone back in the underworld, right now she needed to be with the others. Micheal looked for the boosted gear in the sacred gear system with very little hope that in case the boosted gear is out there then maybe he can set Ddraig along with all the souls of the past hosts free including Issei even if he was a devil. He earned it. He looked for the boosted gear but he couldn't find it. The boosted gear no longer existed.

Michael: forgive me Father....

Most of the supernatural sent aid to the human world, they were already terrified but it took the angels to descend upon them to show them that every angel, devil, fallen, Phoenix, etc were here to help. During this time Kuroka and Evelyn decided to hold a funeral for Issei after everything was fixed as much as possible. Michael looked for Issei's parents and found their souls in the after life, they did not survive the attack, he had to break the news to them. He told them the truth with great difficulty. Oh how his parents felt knowing that Issei no longer exists. Gabriel then guided a few souls towards them, Michael thought that they looked familiar.

Michael: wait...are they.,?

Gabriel: they have her and his energy signature, they are Issei's and Kuroka's children. There is no doubt.

Micheal: so what I heard about Euclid was true. He did create their offspring artificially.

Issei's parents looked at the children. They may be souls but they looked just like they did in life. Every soul did in the afterlife.

(Issei's mom).
Miki: are you 5 our ....grand children?

They looked at their faces and saw Issei's facial features. Both parents somewhat came back to reality.
The 5 now revealed to be the children that Euclid created using Issei's and Kuroka's DNA. 3 boys and 2 girls, each slightly older than the last.

(Issei's father)
Gorou: Issei had 5 kids?

Gabriel: not exactly, these 5 children created artificially by a devil who bares a grudge against Issei for helping everyone stop the apocalypse.

Michael: your son is a hero. A great father, a husband, a friend. He saved his wife and daughter and many others.

Gorou: his wife and daughter?

Gabriel: yes, he has a daughter named Evelyn, she's 15 now. We can take you to see her and your daughter in law soon. But for now, these 5 need their grand parents, they were tortured to death before they even learned to speak.

Both parents were shocked by this info.

Miki: none of these 5 are older than 4 years old. Why would anyone do this?

Michael: Euclid truly is a dangerous individual that has no morals, he brought them into the world it to take them out of it right in front of their mother.

Just when they find out that Issei no longer exists, their grandkids were made in a lab then tortured to death. Just how fucked up is that?

Michael: I'm sorry, this is a lot to take in but I don't want to hide the truth from you, Issei asked me to make sure that the two of you and these 5 got into heaven. Issei never got to meet these 5 children but at least you two can. They don't have names yet.

Gabriel was trying to hold back the tears, everything that had happened was too much, both parents looked at the 5 children and hugged them.

1st child: grandpa?

Gorou: yes...sniff...I'm your grandfather.

Miki: Micheal...you said Issei had a wife and a daughter.

He nodded.

Michael: we shall use our power to make sure that you get to meet them and I'm sure you're wondering as to why this was all a secret. Issei was a part of a special ops team in the underworld, his personal life had to be kept a secret but despite our best efforts...

He looks at the 5 children.

Micheal: it seems we failed. I understand if you don't forgive us.

Gorou: we don't blame you, just the one who did all this.

He said in a serious tone, he was beyond pissed. Issei was their only son and Euclid took him away from everyone.

Miki: what are you going to do about him?

Michael: everything, every supernatural being in existence owes Issei a great debt, every dragon, angel, fallen angel, devil, youkai, gods, EVERYONE will bring down their might on Euclid.

Gorou: we want to help make that a reality.

Gabriel: then pray for us to succeed, it'll give us strength and even more reason to end him.

Miki: consider it done.

Gabriel: a funeral will be held for Issei soon, there's no body to bury....only his gauntlet. Everyone will be there.....however you two can only watch from heaven since you longer have bodies.......

Miki: I see..... Sniff....to be honest...I don't think I have the strength to watch. It's just so wrong to see his funeral when he's not even there. Just a gauntlet being buried in his place feels so wrong.

One of the 5 holds her hand.

Gorou: honey, I can see half of Issei right here with us, this 5 went through a lot and yet they try to bring us some comfort.....just like he would. He lives on through his family.

Gorou was doing the same thing without even realizing it, he lost his only son and yet he's trying to comfort his wife. Like father, like son, like grand kids. A few days later the funeral was being held in the city of Lilith, everyone was there, every yokai, angel, fallen, devil, gods from every faction. Evelyn and Kuroka held on to the gauntlet still. They just stared at it.......... They were all gathered at the center of the city, it was time, Sirzechs was the first to step up and start it off with a eulogy.

Sirzechs: I would like to thank you all for coming, your presence here proves that Issei Hyoudo a.k.a the best and.....last red dragon emperor is a big part of our lives. Without him, I doubt that any of us would be alive, he aided in stopping the beast, defeat an evil dragon army, the chaos brigade including their leader Rizvim Lucifer, the hero faction, he was a devil for less than 20 years but did more than most of us could do in our long life time. He is the definition of a hero, a brother, a friend, an ally, a father, a husband, a mentor, a protector, a warrior and..sniff... So much more. He guided the next generation to become stronger to protect and recreate rather than destroy unlike those before us. I saw every child look up to him as a hero, people says that never meet your heros but Issei was the one exception, he was always the one hero everyone should look up to. He was what we all needed. No matter what he went through, he put others first because like everyone here, he knows pain all too well and tried his best to make sure that no one would feel the same. He made one sacrifice after another, he lost most of his family, now only his wife and daughter remain. I now invite anyone who wishes to say anything to the podium.

One by one, they spoke up with broken voices, they shared stories and even laughed a bit when stories about his goofy yet optimistic personality.

Rias: he was my one and only pawn, he saved me from a forced marriage and saw me for who I was. He never cared for titles. That was one of the many things that made him unique.

Kiba: he was a brother in every way.

Koneko: he helped me overcome my fears.

Akeno: accepted me as a half fallen and reunited me with my father.

Rossweisse: I was honestly jealous when I heard that he was married, I had a crush on him for a long time but he never saw me as I saw him and I'm okay with that.

Ravel: he acknowledged me.

Asia: saved me and gave me a home.

Sairorg: a real man, a man who kept his promises and delivered beyond expectations.

Vali: a fellow heavenly dragon and rival turned brother. I lived a great life and let go of my anger thanks to him.

Albion: Ddraig too was a hero on equal level as his partner, they were the best team I have ever seen.

Azazel: he was my drinking partner and made those around him laugh as if they had no trouble in their lives.

Baraqiel: he was like a son I never had.

Xenovia: he made me more open minded and I've been so much happier ever since.

Irina: he was my first friend ever and never forgot about me even when we lost touch for years.

Grayfia: he was like a little brother to me.

Milicus: he was my big brother by bond. Even though he is gone....I can't help but smile when I think back about the memories we made.

Riser: thanks to him, I swallowed my pride and became a better leader for my team. He protected my little sister and trusted her. He has earned all of my respect. Thank you Issei.

Yasaka: he saved my daughter and I from the hero faction then made one of them an ally. Kouno bonded with him, proof that bond make people a family.

Kouno, Cao Cao, Arthur, Serafall, Ajuka, Rias's parents, Bikou, la Fey and many many more all said their fair share. Even Issei's old school mates were brought there by Sona and her team. Saji was silent ever sense he saw Issei die, he didn't even know what to say when it was his turn but he walked up to the podium.

Saji:.....I...don't know what to say that everyone already hasn't....but I can say that Issei will be missed.

He started cry.

Saji: DAMN IT ISSEI WE MISS YOU!

His cries made everyone break down. Kuroka and Evelyn, the powers of almost everyone flared straight up and created what looked like the Aurora borealis. After everyone cried, Kuroka walked up to the podium, everyone payed attention to her.

Kuroka: everyone I have but one request, I beg of you.....please help take down Euclid for what he did to Issei. Please....it's all I ask. He has done things not even Rizvim would have dared to do. He tortured me for nearly 15 years, he took both of our DNA and artificially created the children we wanted in the future, he killed them before my eyes and bragged about it. He created the clone army and killed so many. He used me to kill him... Please just stop him...he's still out there.

Everyone who didn't know what Kuroka just told them completely lost it.

Odin: this is unacceptable! Lady Kuroka and young Evelyn, you have the full support of Asgard.

Indra: as well as the Hindu faction.

Tiamat: that includes us dragon. We have even summoned Crom Crauch the evil dragon to aid you, he like other dragons can't stand by when such atrocious acts go unpunished.

Tannin: you have the full cooperation of all dragons.

Azazel: and every fallen.

Serafall: and every devil.

Gabriel: and heaven as well.

Dulio: we will stand by your side, Issei would want us to help.

Evelyn still processing what her mother said, she had younger siblings that were killed, first her mother was tortured, her father is dead and so are the siblings she never even knew she had. As if she wasn't in enough pain, fate was showing its cruel face yet again with a smile. It was Euclid's face, the face she will try her best to show the meaning of fear and pain.

Evelyn: mom....I will help everyone kill him. That's a promise.

Her stone cold tone was hiding a rage that was equal to Issei when he used the juggernaut drive for the first time.

Sirzechs: we shall wipe him out of existence.

The dragons let out a roar. This. Is. War.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.2K 612 11
so basically Reverse flash in dxd and he has a giant hate for the good guys. Mostly Issei. Issei will have the speed force, but It won't be importan...
87.8K 1.6K 25
"I don't care of that red haired bitch gets married to Riser, I made a promise to another and I intend to keep it" After the meeting with Riser, Isse...
63.3K 1.4K 37
A boy who has dealt with too much trouble his whole life found himself a bad situation. What began as a struggle and stressing out. Then it became wh...
88.4K 1.2K 55
Issei lived a happy childhood, he had a loving mother and father and that's all he needed. Until one night men with black bird wings came and killed...