Only You {Prince Harry}

By Raindrop2245

Amelia Middleton is the cousin of Kate Middleton, in 2005 her parents died in a car crash, she was away study... More

Prologue.
One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Ten.
Eleven.
Twelve.
Thirteen.
Fourteen.
Fifteen.
Sixteen
Seventeen.
Eighteen.
Nineteen.
Twenty.
Twenty-One.
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One

Twenty-Three

2.1K 51 4
By Raindrop2245

The Telegraph:

Soon to be Duchess-Amelia Middleton had her first royal engagement with Queen Elizabeth last week.

The week prior, Amelia was seen at the airport saying goodbye to her very own Prince Charming, Prince Harry, Queen Elizabeth's grandson and third in line to the throne when the Queen passes away in the future. Amelia Middleton had her first royal engagement with the Queen this week, showing to the world that she is indeed serious about her relationship with Prince Harry as we've known for some time now that the Queen announced their engagement. 

The couple have been engaged for almost a year, and twice Prince Harry has gone off to fight for his country while his fiance is introduced to the world as apart of the royal family and not just the best friend of Prince William and cousin of Kate Middleton. 

The first royal engagement that Amelia Middleton went on with the Queen was to visit a local children's hospital, it was adorable seeing the future Duchess with all the children that were in there getting the help that they need to get healthier. The pair also visited children that were deemed to be high on the scale of treatment that should be given as soon as it's available, those children were visited first by the Queen and Amelia when they entered the hospital. 

The pair stayed in the hospital for three hours, a very long time for a first royal engagement, no doubt this woman has had some training as she has perfected her royal curtsy to her soon to be grandmother-in-law, and how to handle herself professionally around citizens. For a first engagement of Amelia Middleton, it went rather well, and people have all but kind words for the soon to be royal. 

"She was amazing with the children, she even sang a few of her songs from the movie she did a couple of years ago at the request of some of the children that were sicker than the others. She has an amazing motherly nature to all of them and if in future her and Prince Harry have children they will be the best parents, as we all know how good Prince Harry is with children." A source spoke out after the first royal engagement Amelia did with the Queen's help. The pair were seen chatting with each other throughout the event, a lip reader could make out small comments that were made during one of their conversations near the end of the visit. 

Amelia: "How do you manage to do this so well? I was almost in tears back there."

The Queen: "It all comes with practice my dear, you'll get better the more engagements you do. We'll talk back in Buckingham about your next engagment." 

Suffice to say, it went well for the new upcoming royal Duchess. Let's see how she manages with the next few events as she won't have Prince Harry around to help her through them while he's away. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amelia sighed, she knew she should be happy with the comments that had been said about her first royal engagement with the Queen. They were right about a few things however, she had asked Elizabeth that question and gotten that exact response, which showed her that there were people out there who were trained lip-readers. This was something that she hadn't thought about but knew the Royal's took care off carefully when out and about on royal engagements. 

She had had a meeting with the Queen the very next day in the early morning to discuss how her engagment with. She also asked Amelia how she felt during the engagement, Amelia didn't know how to answer the questions that were asked of her so she'd been honest 

"I found it really confrunting seeing that many children go through more struggles than adults go through, they know whether or not if they are on a limited timeline yet can still manage to make the most out of every day which was one of the things that I struggled with yesterday being confrunted with it head on. I know the royal family has been dealing with causes and cases like these for years, but this is all very new to me and a struggle to understand sometimes on the correct procedures but I think with practice and experience I will get better." Amelia had noticed that the Queen had been pleased with her response because she was smiling as Amelia spoke her true thoughts aloud which was not something she always did in front of Queen Elizabeth. She found it easy to do in front of Harry, for obvious reasons, but as his grandmother was the reigning Queen of England she was someone entirely different. Grown up with traditions that Amelia hadn't even had to deal with in her generation. 

The next subject that the pair had breached was the Golden Globes, due to her role as Cosette in the musical Les Misérables that had been released the previous year had been nominated for a Golden Globe award. The Queen had allowed Amelia to attend and she was looking forward to attending, this time however, she would be attending with Kate and William and still be able to go on stage with the rest of the cast if the movie gets the award. As it had been a month since Amelia's last event with the Queen this would be her second royal event with her cousin and soon to be brother-in-law. 

"Hey sister." A voice spoke as Amelia was walking around her apartment, that felt incredibly empty after Harry had gone off to war again. 

"Hey Kate." She answered. 

"You ready?" She asked, Amelia nodded. 

"I'm ready, it'll be a good night, your first Golden Globes night anyway." Amelia answered 

"It'll be so much fun, then we're gonna do our movie marathon right?" Kate asked, Amelia nodded. As she and Kate didn't have anything to do the next day but Will did, they were going to marathon some movies. They were both prepared for it and ready to start as soon as they got back from the three hour long event. Starting at 7.30 and finishing at 10.30, there was an after party but it didn't seem professional for three royals to attend an after party. 

"Yup, we're all ready. Just need to get home." Amelia answered, Kate smiled. 

"Do you know whose hosting this event?" William asked as he walked into the room, in a suit that suited him just right. He was wearing a black suit with a white top, Kate was wearing a beautiful white dress that slightly twinned with her cousins dress. 

Amelia was wearing a long floored white dress with no sleeves, which would cause an uproar but she didn't care. She was going to enjoy her night that was going to be one of her last Hollywood events. Rumors had been going around that the three royals were attending the Golden Globes but no one knew for sure. Which was what the three royals wanted them to expect, to be waiting to see if they would turn up. 

"Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. Both are lovely ladies." Amelia answered, William nodded at his best friend.

"Nice, shall we get going my lovely ladies?" He asked, Amelia chuckled and nodded. She grabbed her purse that went with her outfit and this time, kept the ring that had been on a necklace for almost a year on her finger. Showing her devotion to Harry even without him being present. 

"We shall." Kate answered, he held out both of his arms and they both took it. Amelia decided not to lock the apartment, as someone would come along when they left and clean it up a little bit. 

"You three look dashing." A voice said in front of them, Amelia looked up from the carpet to see that it was Prince Charles, her best friends father. She smiled at the man who would soon become her father-in-law. 

"Thank you father, we're going to the Golden Globes tonight, per Granny's permission." William answered, his father smiled at the three of them in front of him. He laughed on the inside at how Kate and Amelia had twinned with their semi white dresses. Though it went beautifully as Kate had been recently married and Amelia was going to be married soon. Many tabloids and media outlets would be having a field day later this evening about it. He knew they both knew that and didn't really seem to care either way. 

"Well, have fun tonight, you three deserve it." Charles spoke, smiling again as he let the three of them pass him and leave Kensington Palace. He had been wanting to speak with Amelia, but as he'd forgotten about the event she had tonight, he decided to talk with her tomorrow as he knew that she had a day off from royal engagements and he'd be able to talk to her when he got home himself. He waited a few minutes before leaving Kensington Palace himself, watching their car leave through the open gates as he did so. 

Amelia found herself in the back of the limosine, wringing her hands with nerves. 

"Hey, it'll be okay." Kate spoke next to her, placing her hand on her cousins's and stopping the hand movements. 

"I'm just so nervous, this time isn't like all the others, I'll have more media trained on me watching my every move, I'm not even married yet." Amelia spoke 

"It'll be fine, trust me. We'll get you through it we promise, besides, this'll be less stress on you because we're mostly sitting and watching." Kate spoke, Amelia nodded. The royals, for the Golden Globes dinner were sitting with the hosts Tina Fey and Amy Pheoler, Meryl Strep (much to Amelia's enjoyment, she was pleased to see the woman again), Kate Winslet, Betty White, Morgan Freeman, Eddie Redmayne (Amelia's old co-star from Les Mes) Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. Amelia had been alerted to their table chart before the three of them had left Kensington Palace. 

"We're here beautiful ladies." Will spoke, Amelia smiled at her soon to be brother-in-law's comment. He had been weirdly cheerful all afternoon and had not given the pair any hints as to why. Though she supposed it had something to do with this event? Then again, she wasn't a mind reader so when he was going to share with her the information he had, he would tell her. 

The screams of the crowds and media outlets were heard before Amelia even slid herself out of the limosine, careful of her dress being easily bought up by the wind, which was non existant tonight which helped a lot with getting out of the care after Kate. Will stood in the middle of his best friend and wife as they walked down the red carpet, directed by the staff working on the event to where they needed to stand. 

"We'll just spend a few minutes getting photos of you three first before you head in, you are apart of the main event tonight due to the fact that your Royals, so everyone will want pictures and autographs." A staff member said clearly to the three of them over the crowd of cheering and screaming people, wanting them to listen to their orders and turn towards the cameras. 

"We can't give autographs unfortunately, royal rule." William spoke, the staff member nodded at him before nodding her head at Kate and Amelia before letting them walk the red carpet together. 

"AMELIA! TURN THIS WAY!" She heard her voice scream from every angles, she looked at Kate and Will before they looked at her, the cameras catching the smiles exchanged between the two Royals and one soon to be royal. 

"AMELIA! STAND CLOSER TO WILL AND KATE!" Amelia let her cousin pull her into a side hug before getting Will into the hug as well. 

"Amelia?" A voice spoke behind her, she looked around and smiled at the woman she'd missed seeing in years. 

"Meryl." She spoke, the woman smiled at the blonde woman in front of her before pulling her into a hug. 

"How are you my dear?" She asked, then she nodded and curtsied a little at Kate and William before turning back to her conversation with Amelia, letting the pair join in if they wanted too. 

"I've been good, this'll be my last Golden Globes for awhile." Amelia spoke, Meryl nodded before wrapping an arm around Amelia and letting the media take a photo of the two of them, then looking back to Amelia who had been accompanied with Kate and William. She knew this would be her second royal engagement/event, and she would have another chance to have a chat with her later this evening at dinner. 

"Well, I hope you enjoy tonight, and I'll talk more with all of you later on okay?" Meryl said, Amelia nodded her head before hugging the woman again 

"For sure, have a good evening Meryl, talk with you later okay?" She said, Meryl smiled before walking back down the red carpet towards the entrance to the building. 

"It seems that it's time to head in now." The staff member from earlier spoke with a smile on her face as she held out her arm in the direction that the three royals were supposed to take. They smiled back at her as they headed down the carpet but away from the entrance, towards the back entrance that would allow them to entire safely and without being photographed by other photographers most likely waiting for them. 

"Is anyone performing tonight may I ask?" William asked the staff member 

"Yes, there is an interlude performance just before dinner that wraps up the first half of the show, this event is roughly supposed to take three hours. Though I suppose as working royals your used to events taking this long?" She asked politely, William smiled and nodded his head 

"I'm used to it, these two on the other hand." He said with a joking smile on his face, Kate punched him lightly in the arm, causing the staff member to laugh and smile, relaxing her up a bit from what seemed to be one of the stressful nights she'll have to work a year. 

"Well, I'll show you three to your table then I'll be back out directing others in, if you need any directions on where the bathrooms are just ask a staff member or one of the guests, some have been here for a few hours so they will already know where they are. I hope you all enjoy your night though." She spoke 

"May I ask what you name is?" William asked as she showed them down a corridor that lead to the theatre's main centre room. 

"Molly." She answered 

"Thank you Molly for showing us around. We really appreciate it." Kate spoke, William smiled at his wife's response, before taking his best friends hand and his wife's hand, walking with them in time. When the group entered the room, Will had dropped his hands before they left the corridor, it was silent before clapping started. Amelia gave a small smile as she followed behind Will and Kate. The celebrities that had been gathered in the room already were standing as a spotlight followed the three of them to their table, which Molly was directing them to while the music played. Amelia smiled and nodded at some of her old cast mates as Kate and Will stopped occasionally to shake hands and talk with them briefly. About five minutes later the three of them were sitting at the table with the other celebrities already there. Meryl was sitting next to Amelia and she side hugged the woman as she sat down. 

"How is your royal training going?" Meryl asked 

"It's going great, I'm learning many new things every day. So technically, tonight is one of my nights off from 'studying'." Amelia spoke, Meryl smiled. 

"That's good, any news on the date for the royal wedding?" Meryl asked 

"Not yet, but we are going to sort that out when Harry comes back." Amelia answered, Meryl nodded 

"Sounds like a good plan." She spoke, before turing to the other guests at the table and having a conversation with them and seeing how they are going. The rest of the night went fast, the interlude allowed Amelia to have a good look around the room and see who was present. This was something that she hadn't been able to do in awhile and she found herself immensly enjoying the evening. 

When it came to announging the award for the best comedy or musical, Amy Pheoler had the envelope in her hands as they switched the screens to showing the comedies and musicals that were in the category. Five movies were nominated for the award, including Les Misêrables. 

"And the Golden Globe Award for best comedy or musical for 2012, is...... Les Misêrables!" She called, Kate and William clapped along with the guests as Anne Hathaway walked towards Amelia, holding out her hand for the woman to take. She took it gracefully and let her help her out of her seat as Eddie followed the two woman along with the rest of the present cast towards the stage. 

"We want to thank everybody whose worked on this amazing film, the producers, the incredible amazing cast and crew who helped create this amazing musical that is apart of our history. We are also incredibly blessed to say that we have a soon to be royal apart of the cast." The director Tom Hooper spoke, causing some laughs along the crowd. 

"We are so grateful that she choose this movie to be her last, and the money she gained was donated, every last drop. So, as a thank you for that Amelia, we have a little surprise for you tonight." Tom Hooper said, before turning to face the side of the stage. Amelia followed his glance and gasped, standing at the bottom of the stairs, was her best friend, her soon to be husband who she would love unconditionally for the rest of her life. 

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

A/N: I know this isn't the best edit in the world, but I thought I'd give it a go, I have made some better ones but I am only using Pic-collage at the current moment x

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, a bit longer than the previous one but I enjoyed writing it. Chapter twenty-four might be uploaded by Sunday night at the latest hopefully. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.6K 1.2K 37
*Please note this story is now being rewritten and published on wattpad as The Pursuit of a King I encourage you to please go and read that one!* . ...
27.9K 1.2K 28
(Completed) Princess Amelia Cardston is put to a task by her parents. They want her to go to another kingdom and pretend to be a common girl in order...
47.1K 1.2K 34
After spending years as one of the most notorious rakes of the ton, Anthony Bridgerton has decided it's time to settle down and carry on the family l...
158 3 8
Princess Amelia has been silent for ten years, ever since Amelia and Ava were kidnapped. One returned home the other did not. Amelia has always kept...