Apricity✓|Editing

By fabulot

|COMPLETED| >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Alexandrea Dwayne is a seventeen-year old girl who suffered abuse at the hands o... More

Chapter ONE
Chapter TWO
Chapter THREE
Chapter FOUR
Chapter FIVE
Chapter SIX
Chapter SEVEN
Chapter EIGHT
Chapter NINE
Chapter TEN
Chapter ELEVEN
Chapter TWELVE
Chapter THIRTEEN
Chapter FOURTEEN
Chapter FIFTEEN
Chapter SIXTEEN
Chapter SEVENTEEN
Chapter EIGHTEEN
Chapter NINETEEN
Chapter TWENTY
Chapter TWENTY-ONE
Chapter TWENTY-TWO
Aesthetics!!!!!
Chapter TWENTY- THREE
Chapter TWENTY-FOUR
Chapter TWENTY-FIVE
Chapter TWENTY SIX
Chapter TWENTY-SEVEN
Chapter TWENTY-EIGHT
Chapter TWENTY-NINE
Chapter THIRTY
Chapter THIRTY-ONE
Chapter THIRTY-THREE
Chapter THIRTY-FOUR
Chapter THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
Chapter THIRTY-EIGHT
Chapter THIRTY- NINE
Chapter FORTY
Chapter FORTY-ONE
Chapter FORTY- TWO
Chapter FORTY-THREE
Chapter FORTY- FOUR
Chapter FORTY- FIVE
Chapter FORTY- SIX
Chapter FORTY- SEVEN
Chapter FORTY- EIGHT
Chapter FORTY-NINE
Chapter FIFTY
Chapter FIFTY- ONE
Chapter FIFTY- TWO
Chapter FIFTY THREE
Chapter FIFTY-FOUR
Chapter FIFTY FIVE
Chapter FIFTY- SIX
Chapter FIFTY- SEVEN
Chapter FIFTY- EIGHT
Chapter FIFTY- NINE
Chapter SIXTY
Chapter SIXTY- ONE
Chapter SIXTY- TWO
Chapter SIXTY- THREE
Chapter SIXTY-FOUR
Chapter SIXTY-FIVE
Chapter SIXTY- SIX
Chapter SIXTY-SEVEN
Chapter SIXTY-EIGHT
Chapter SIXTY-NINE
Chapter SEVENTY
Chapter SEVENTY-ONE
Chapter SEVENTY-TWO
Chapter SEVENTY-THREE
Chapter SEVENTY-FOUR
Chapter SEVENTY-FIVE
Chapter SEVENTY-SIX
Chapter SEVENTY-SEVEN
Chapter SEVENTY-EIGHT
Chapter SEVENTY-NINE
Chapter EIGHTY
Chapter EIGHTY-ONE
Chapter EIGHTY-TWO
Chapter EIGHTY- THREE
Chapter EIGHTY-FOUR
(Extra Chapter)- I
(Extra Chapter)- II

Chapter THIRTY-TWO

208 54 44
By fabulot

Alexandrea's P.O.V

Hey dear, I'm so sorry about this. I got to work today and I found out my boss had been trying to get a hold of me but he wasn't able to reach me. I got to work today and he told me he had already bought the tickets. He said we were going on a business trip to Italy for some transactions and deals. I tried hard to convince him so he could postpone it but to no avail. I'm so sorry. I'll be back in one month. Give me a call when you see this.

I love you,
Mom.

I let out a choking sob as I finished reading the note on the table. Just when I needed someone to talk to, she was gone. I slumped down on the couch and threw my school beg in the floor. I wrapped my hands around my body as I lay in the couch, thinking about today. I lost my best friends today. I miss Chef, I miss Mom and no matter how I try to, I miss Dad- no, Axel. I miss the old Axel that would buy me toys and try to braid my hair. I miss the times when I would so on his lap and we would watch cartoons together. I miss him so much.

"I'm so hungry" A deep voice came from the kitchen, making me spring up from my position. I took the baseball bat from the back of the door and walked slowly towards the kitchen.

"Alex, can you make me something?" The deep voice yelled. What? How did the person know me?! I saw someone emerge from the kitchen and I felt like swinging the baseball bat across the person's head when I saw who it is. I took a deep breath and glared at the boy in front of me.

"Nick, how the hell did you come in?" I said slowly, trying to get a hold of my temper.

"The door was open" he shrugged and went back to the kitchen. Is this guy psycho?

"So? I didn't ask you to come in and how could I not have noticed you coming in? Did you break in? Is this how you break into other people's houses to ask for food?" I pointed my index finger at him accusingly as I followed him to the kitchen.

"Calm down, I don't break into people's houses" He rolled his eyes. His back was turned to me as he was bent, rummaging through the fridge. My fridge.

"What are you doing?" I narrowed my eyes at him when I saw him bring out some drinks from the fridge.

"Looking for something to eat" He muttered as he took some slices of bread and began putting some Nutella. My Nutella.

"I remember you having a house. That has a kitchen." I put a hand on my waist as I glared at him. He took the toaster and put the bread in it.

"Oh, do I?" He said sarcastically as I rolled my eyes and rubbed my temple.

"What are you doing here? Why are you here?" I almost yelled out in frustration. He raised an eyebrow at my behavior and I sighed. "Listen, I'm not in a good mood today so just leave. Please"

"I never asked if you were in a good mood or not" he said indifferently  and I looked at him in disbelief. I folded my arms over the other as he gave me an indifferent look.

"Gosh, you're so frustrating" I muttered and stormed to the parlour. I took my school bag and went upstairs. I stripped and took a nice, long shower. Releasing a satisfying breath, I walked out from the bathroom in my fluffy towel. My fingers were pruned and my face was flushed. I put on sweats and a hoodie.

I went back downstairs to check if Nick was still there. He was sprawled out on the couch, with the TV remote in his left hand and a bowl of Coco pops cereal on his lap with his right hand lifting the spoon filled with milk and Coco pops to his parted mouth. I was behind him so he didn't notice me. His leg was on the centre table, crossed over one another as he wiggled his toes in the black socks on his feet.

I stood at a distance watching him with my arms folded over the other and I thought of scaring him. I tiptoed to his place and very slowly, my hand got closer to shoulder. Then I touched him. The bowl of cereal that was in his hands went flying in the air as the milk and Coco pops spilled everywhere. His head snapped to mine with widened eyes as I cracked up into bubbles of laughter. I bent over and laughed harder at the horrified expression that clouded his face when he whipped his head around.

"Ha-Ha, very funny" he said monotonously with a straight face but I couldn't stop laughing. I fell on the couch and threw my head back in laughter again as he rolled his eyes at me.

"Your face was priceless! Oh gawd, that..." I said, laughing in between. "I should have recorded that. The Nick Hunter was scared shitless by just a touch on the shoulder" I wheezed and started to calm down when I saw that his face had changed from expressionless to amusement as he looked at me. I cleared my throat awkwardly and disheveled my hair with my hair, moving it out of my face in the process.

"I wasn't scared" he defended and I snorted. "You think you scared me? You didn't. I just wanted to make you think you did" he said as he focused his gaze back on the TV.

I rolled my eyes "Sure...." I dragged to show that I didn't believe him. I saw the spilled milk on the floor moving under the chair slowly. I sparing up immediately and went to take a sponge from the kitchen "You spilled milk everywhere, you idiot" I said to Nick who resumed flipping through the channels.

"I spilled it? If you hadn't scared me it would have spilled?" He looked at me and I smirked. He admitted that I scared him.

"So I scared you?" I raised an eyebrow as his eyes widened. Yep, you've just been cornered bro. My smirk widened "you just said it now that it wouldn't have spilled if I didn't scare you" I added.

"It was a slip of tongue, I-"

"Just clean it up, the milk is getting under the couch" I cut him off as I threw the sponge on him. He rolled his eyes and bent down to clean the milk. I tried to concentrate on the TV but my eyes just returned to him cleaning the floor. I feel guilty because the spilling of the milk was partially caused by me too.

I hissed and went the kitchen to take another sponge too. I bent beside him and started to wipe the floor with it. I felt his gaze on me and I looked at him. "What? I'm not helping you. I just felt guilty besides, you're not doing a very good job cleaning up the milk" I said in one breath.

"Geez, I never asked if you were helping me or not" he chuckled and I narrowed my eyes at him. He just shook his head and went back to cleaning. We finished cleaning I'm silence and we went to rinse off the sponge.

"So when will your mom be back from her trip" Nick said as washed his hands, glancing at me. I tucked a strand of hair behind my hair and pouted. The fact that my mom left on an impromptu trip is still annoying me. How could she leave me all alone? By the way, how did he know?

"How do you know?" I furrowed my eyebrows looking at him.

"I have my ways" He shrugged and my confusion reached its peak.

"Ways? What do you mean?" I asked with more interest. He closed his eyes and mumbled something to himself before opening his eyes again.

"I'm pretty sure I asked you a question first? She can't leave you alone here for too long" he said as he refused to meet my gaze.

"She'll be home in one month" I said pressing my lips to a straight line. That was rude.

"That's too long. How will she know if you're safe? Have you tried giving her a call? Who will take care of you?" He said with furrowed eyebrows, his gaze fixed to the wall. 

"Are you worried about me Nicholas Hunter?" I teased as his eyes snapped to mine.

"What? N-no! Of course not. I don't care" he said as he rubbed the back of his neck before averting his gaze again.

"Okay....." I trailed off with a teasing smile. I locked my fingers at my back. "By the way, I'm not a child. I can take care of myself" I said with pride and walked off to the sitting room.

"I already told you, I don't care" he shrugged and sat down on the couch again with his leg on the centre table. I sat down on another couch as I frowned. "Also, what's with the dressing today? You looked like you wanted to get the attention of all the boys in school" he asked as he took the remote and continued flipping through the channels.

My gaze fell to my lap as I played with my fingers. "I...." Should I tell him? No! " it's nothing. I just wanted to try something new" I said with a small voice.

"Lying doesn't suit you, you know. It makes you look uglier than you already are" he tsked still looking at the TV screen as he changed the channels. I pouted and glared at him. "Why don't you do yourself a favor by telling the truth?"

"Fine, I did it for Eli. I thought that maybe I would grab his attention but I went to the wrong person for help" I confessed. The thought of what I did embarrassed me.

"Hmmm, I see" He hummed " Who did you go to for help?" He asked again.

"Stephanie" I muttered, feeling stupid. "She wants you so we made a deal" I explained.

"Oh" he said as his lips curled down in irritations at the mention of Stephanie.

"I think she really likes you" I added enjoying his discomfort at the mention of her. He cleared his throat uncomfortably.

"Right, let's watch a movie" he scrunched up his nose and changed the subject. I laughed lightly and shoved my hands in the pocket of my hoodie

"I'll choose" I said and stood up to open the drawer where all the discs for movies were kept.

"No, I'm the one that decided so I'll choose" he stood up too and squatted beside me, trying to stop me from picking any disc in the drawer.

I narrowed my eyes at him "I don't mind talking about Stephanie a few more times...." I trailed of teasingly as Nick narrowed his eyes at me and stood up, returning to his seat. He did the ' I'm watching you' sign as he sat and I smirked.

I ruffled through the discs and found Titanic. I've heard Bex and Zoey talk about the movie but I've never actually watched it so I took it and inserted it in the DVD. I went back to sit but I sat in the long couch Nick was on this time, keeping a reasonable distance between us.

"What did you play?" Nick asked looking at me.

"Titanic. Sounds intriguing" I answered as the movie started.

"Okay" he nodded as we both faced the TV screen. I paused it and stood up to put of the light, shut the curtains and lock the door to give it a cinema effect. Nick went to the kitchen to take a bucket of ice cream in the fridge as he settled beside me with a spoon.

I raised an eyebrow at him in question "Dude! This is not your house and why did you bring only one spoon?" I said and he shrugged. I rolled my eyes and went to the kitchen to get a spoon for myself. I came back and sat down as he placed the ice cream bucket between us. I dug in the Neapolitan flavoured cream without hesitation and melted in the creamy goodness.

I pressed 'play' on the remote and the movie resumed. As the movie played on, I found myself dozing off but when it reached towards the ending, I sprang up in my seat and didn't realize when I had started to cry. Especially when Jack froze to death, I cried like a baby as my body shook.

I didn't miss the puzzled look Nick was giving me as my shoulder shook with the way I cried, my gaze still focused on the screen. The movie finally ended and my face was red and my eyes were puffy. I kept on sniffing, unable to get over the movie.

"This movie is stupid" Nick said out of nowhere and I snapped my gaze to his.

"What?" I exclaimed. I tucked a stand of hair that fell over my face while I was dozing off behind my ear. Nick turned towards me fully and I realized we had moved closer to each other, unconsciously while watching the movie

"The movie, it's stupid. Why would he die for a girl? That's just dumb of him. I would never die for a girl" he scoffed and I jabbed him lightly in the abdomen.

"You're stupid. He died for her because he loved her. They lived each other you dummy" I said to him, then laughed at myself as I felt my face with my palm "I can't believe I cried this much"

"It's still stupid to me and I don't understand why you even cried. Who cries while watching a movie?" He rolls his eyes at me and I sniffed, making his eyes snapped to mine. "You're gonna get yourself sick because of a movie" he said with a frown and took a tissue from the center table, throwing it at me.

"I'm not sick. The movie is just really touching" I said and dipped my spoon in the bucket of ice cream to get myself more but I'm met with emptiness. In surprise, I looked inside the ice cream bucket and found it empty. I hit Bucks shoulder and he grunts.

"What the hell?" I yelled, still staring at the bucket of ice cream. " You finished the ice cream" I looked at him and he rubbed his shoulder, where I hit him.

"Wrong. We finished it. You were taking really big scoops and you didn't even realize. I wondered how it even fit in your mouth" he pouted as he explained and I opened my mouth but nothing came out. I stood up and rubbed my eyes, feeling sleepy.

"Douchebag" I muttered " Won't you go home? I'm about to sleep" I said groggily as I looked at him.

He stretched and stood up " You can go and sleep, I'll head home" he answered shoving his hands in his front pocket. I glanced at the clock, 10:53pm.

"It's really late. You need to go, there's school tomorrow and I don't want to be a walking zombie by then" I said placing my hand on my waist.

"Okay....will.. I mean..um..will you be fine alone?" He stammered and I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Of course. I'm not a three year old. If anyone breaks in or something, I know some Kung Fu" I joked and he chuckled.

"Good. Goodnight, don't die before tomorrow" he said with a little smile and I rolled my eyes.

"Never, now go! I'm tired of seeing your face!" I said, pushing him out the door.  He rolled his eyes at me with a small smile tugging the side of his lips.

"People would kill to see a face like mine, you should be happy because you're lucky" he said cockily and I rolled my eyes at him.

"I swear, one more cocky comment from you and I'll shove my feet down your throat so far that it'll reach your gut" I threatened and he laughed.

"Whoa, that was one unique threat"he said "you can do better" he added and I punches his arm. He clutched it after impact with a grunt.

"You're an idiot" I hissed and continued pushing him out of my door. I finally got him out of the house and closed the door behind me. We both stood outside and I wrapped my arms around myself as the chilling breeze gave me goosebumps.

"Thanks for um.... keeping my company. It was nice of you" I finally said something, breaking the silence. With his hands in his front pockets, he rocked back and forth as the breeze blew softly.

"Yeah, sure" he said "You push me out of your house and now you don't want to leave me again, what are you doing Dwayne?" He smirked, raising an eyebrow. I rolled my eyes at him, smiling a little.

"Fine, I'm going inside now. I'm cold anyways, bye" I said and turned around to leave but I was pulled back suddenly as my face was squashed on a hard chest. Warm arms wrap around me and I felt someone's chin on my head, making me feel warm inside. I thought he didn't like hugs.

I slowly raised my arms and wrapped them around his torso loosely. "Are you sure you can stay home alone?" He asked as I could hear the vibration on his chest. I rolled my eyes at him with a small smile.

"Yes mom! I can" I said, putting emphasis on the 'mom'. His chest vibrated again as he chuckled. He let me go and I tucked one hair behind my ear as I have him a soft smile. "Thanks, now go"

"You don't need to dress up for a guy to like you, all you need to do is just smile like that" he winked and started to leave. My mouth hung open as I tried to process his words. What did that mean? Was that just a complement or it meant something else? Geez, I need to stop overthinking things.

I rubbed my arms together to provide some warmth for myself as I stepped back in the house, locking the door behind me. I sighed and walked up the stairs to my room, closing the door after stepping in. I snuggled under my blanket and thought about how tomorrow will be. Will Bex and Zoey ever talk to me again? And I feel like I've gotten somehow closer to Nick, we talked- I mostly talked- without fighting. Though, we argued but they are totally different things, right?

I closed my eyes and felt the need to punish myself for always making people leave me. Normally, I don't sleep by this time anymore. I sleep when it's towards morning, probably starting from by 1am so I won't have the nightmares. I glanced at the clock, 11:22am. If I sleep now, I'll surely get nightmares so I closed my eyes and let the darkness suck me in. I deserve it anyway.

Never mind, I can't do this. I sprang up and out on the light in my room. I unlocked my phone and got a text immediately.

Elijerk: Hey, you asleep?

I smiled and bit my lower lip as I read the message.

Me: what if I am?

I replied but then regretted replying with that. Was that too sassy? Maybe I should have just given a straight answer and said no, Okay, shut up, mind! My heart nearly flew out of my chest as my phone made a sound, signalling that I just got a text.

Elijerk: Then that'll be too bad because you won't have a goodnight kiss ;)

My face burned up as I read the message. Should I flirt back? Or just send an emoji? Would it be weird? Would he think I'm weird? Oh God, what if he thinks I'm weird?

Me: I already got one ;)

I replied as I smiled to myself. Then the smile dropped again, was I too flirty? Why is he taking so long to reply? Did he think I like someone else?

Elijerk: Then that's probably why you haven't slept now

I laughed and shook my head. Boys and their cockiness never fail to amuse me.

Me: Probably....

Elijerk: I see.

We talked till I started to doze. I whispered a 'Good Night mom' and closed my eyes without checking the time. The things Bex said in school still lingered in my mind and I made up my mind to make it all right tomorrow and hopefully we'll be back as we used to be.

×××××××××××××××××××××××××
Writer: Hello sweethearts,
How are you all doing? I hope you enjoyed this chapter because I enjoyed writing this.

Bex: How could you enjoy it when I was not even there? You're so mean!

Zoey: *to Bex* Alex mentioned us in the chapter so I guess that's fine with me.

Eli: I knew I would be in the chapter!

Nick: Same here! I mean, how can the readers read without my presence?

Alex: *rolls eyes* I miss Eddy, he's the only sensible guy here! *To writer* Too many grammar mistakes but good job anyways.

Writer: oh, thanks I guess.

Eddy: Did someone call me?

Alex: Ahh, thank God! Let's go Eddy, I can't handle the cockiness here.

Eddy: *laughs* okay, but I have to do something first *faces audience* Don't forget to vote-

Eddy : *flexes arms* -comment and-

Nick: *smirks and winks* -follow. Enjoy, loves!

Writer: *mutters* 1..2...3...4..5 *inhales and exhales slowly then brings out a bag*

Eli: what's in that bag?

Writer: Why don't we find out? *Opens the bag and brings out two swords, then charges at the boys as they run for their lives*

2/10/2020

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 286 48
Alexandra Queen, she has never had a normal childhood. Her and her mother were abused by her father and his friend, John. Day in and day out. Their j...
802 70 21
"Oh no I'm really dead!! I'm talking to an immortal!!" ** ** ** When a little girl grows up not knowi...
52.8K 3.2K 34
Love...isn't this word so beautiful. It holds the power to make you feel out of the world where you and and your love exist, but what happen when thi...
35.9K 1.4K 24
Redeeming love. It's the story of one girl name Adrienne Nelson who try to find her happiness. She never know who is her mother is because it's only...