𝕰𝖓𝖊𝖒𝖞 𝕺𝖋 𝕸𝖞 𝕰𝖓𝖊𝖒...

By QueenOfAsgard04

What happens if a Mandalorian falls in love with their sworn enemy? Their sworn enemy being a Jedi. ‡ "Why do... More

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞: 𝐏𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐭
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨: 𝐓𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐌𝐞 𝐓𝐨 𝐒𝐞𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: 𝐒𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐲
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐫
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞: 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐔𝐩
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱: 𝐀𝐓-𝐒𝐓
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: 𝐓𝐨𝐫𝐨 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭: 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐇𝐞𝐫
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐫
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐧: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐫 2
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: 𝐒𝐤𝐲𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐞𝐫
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞: 𝐇𝐨𝐭𝐡
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐤
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐤 2
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐉𝐚𝐤𝐤𝐮
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐮𝐦
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐈 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔!
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲: 𝐌𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐲
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐎𝐧𝐞: 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐬
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐰𝐨: 𝐊𝐮𝐢𝐢𝐥
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: 𝐒𝐞𝐭 𝐔𝐩
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫: 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐒𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫!
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞: 𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐀 𝐂𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐝
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐢𝐱: 𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐭
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐈𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐲
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭: 𝐀 𝐂𝐥𝐚𝐧 𝐎𝐟 2 𝐀 𝐂𝐥𝐚𝐧 𝐨𝐟 3
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲: 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐈𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫
𝕊𝔼𝔸𝕊𝕆ℕ 𝕋𝕎𝕆
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲-𝐎𝐧𝐞: 𝐏𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐰𝐨: 𝐖𝐞𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐜𝐞 𝐈𝐬 𝐖𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐝
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫: 𝐊𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐔𝐩
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞: 𝐓𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐢𝐱: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐥
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲-𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲-𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞: 𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐁𝐞𝐬𝐤𝐚𝐫
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲: 𝐔𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐀𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐤
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐎𝐧𝐞: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐨𝐚𝐭
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐰𝐨: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐥
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: 𝐑𝐲𝐥𝐨𝐭𝐡
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫: 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐥 𝐃𝐮𝐧𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞: 𝐅𝐮𝐞𝐥 𝐓𝐨 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐢𝐱: 𝐌𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐎𝐟 𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐧 𝐉𝐞𝐝𝐢
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: 𝐂𝐨𝐫𝐯𝐮𝐬
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭: 𝐀𝐡𝐬𝐨𝐤𝐚 𝐋𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐬
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞: 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡, 𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐀 𝐑𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐎𝐧𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲: 𝐀𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐆𝐨𝐧𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐎𝐧𝐞: 𝐀 𝐖𝐚𝐲
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐓𝐰𝐨: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐞𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐝𝐲
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫: 𝐈 𝐂𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐅𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐘𝐨𝐮
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐎𝐧𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐢𝐱: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐓𝐰𝐨
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭: 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞: 𝐅𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬

1.7K 37 14
By QueenOfAsgard04

"I'm so so sorry, Din," He strokes the side of her face with the back of his finger.

"Don't be, riddur, it is his fault...he is the one to blame,"

~~~

The group finally makes it the lava river and sigh in relief. Din sets down Kenna and she grabs on to the IG unit for support.

"This is the lava river," Greef states, hands on hips.

"No shit," Kenna spits out, anger and sadness evident in her voice.

"Kenna...are you okay?" Din asks and she pushes his hand away.

"Of course not," She snaps back at him, turning away. He nods and walks back at the boat.

"The ferry droid is fried," Din states, looking back at Kenna who holds her stomach as she looks down the stream.

"Yeah, but if we push the boat out we can get it to float downstream. Come on," Greef says, walking over to the metal vessel and Din cocks his head, concerned.

"Looks old. Will it take the heat?"

"You got a better idea?" There is a hesitation before Din sighs.

"Guess not," They push at the boat, but it doesn't budge.

"Push!" The boat stays where it is.

"Never knew a boat could be more stubborn than a Mandalorian," Kenna snickers weakly.

"Your commentary isn't helping,"

"No, but it is funny," She replies, examining her nails. Cara rolls her eyes and gets out one of her large rifles.

"Come on, Mando, push!" It still doesn't move and Din kicks at it, frustrated.

"Come on! What're you doing?" Din growls and picks up a pole.

"Let's try this,"

"Push!" Cara looks at Kenna as the boys struggle.

"Wait...give it a bit longer," She says.

"Sorry but I wanna leave, I would've left it longer...but eh, girl wants to leave," She steps forward, her rifle ready. "You guys mind getting out of the way?"

"Oh!" Cara shoots at the cooled lava locking the boat in and it comes loose. Din looks down, embarrassed he didn't come up with that simple method.

"Boys will be boys," Kenna clicks her tongue disapprovingly as she walks over to the boat.

"Watch your feet. It's molten lava,"

"No kidding," Kenna retorts as Cara helps her in the vessel. She sits down, holding her stomach that growls in pain. The ferry droid comes to life and everyone, beside Kenna, turns to train their blaster on it. It gets up, beeping. "I don't suppose anybody here speaks droid?" Kenna quips, trying to be her normal self and not letting her pain show.

"I believe he is asking where we would like to go," The IG says and they all lower their blasters.

"Downriver. To the lava flat," The droid beeps and starts moving the boat along. Din notices Kenna's situation and sits next to her, taking her small hand in his large.

"Kenna? What's wrong?"

"I just feel sick...probably just because of this," She motions to the fresh red scar along her neck.

"...I'll get the IG to scan you, I don't want to lose you again," He stands but Kenna pulls him back next to her.

"But you didn't lose me," She states, averting her gaze.

"I thought I did...I can't go through that same pain again and neither can you," He motions to the IG-11 who strolls over and kneels before Kenna.

"Princess?"

"Can you scan her vitals? She's feeling sick," Din asks, worried, as he looks over at Kenna's palling face.

"Of course," He replies politely before raising an arm to her forehead. A bright light emits from it along with a few steady beeps. "Everything seems to be just fine, she is just woozy from her injuries," Din smiles in relief and wraps his arm around her shoulder. "However, something...odd has appeared,"

"What is it?" Kenna and Din ask simultaneously. He turns his yellow-lit eyes to Kenna before bowing his head. This...droid actually have feelings of some sort...it's sad to see it like that...or should it be...him?

"Your biological father isn't Luke Skywalker," Kenna stares at him, her jaw dropped. Cara walks over and sits next to the IG.

"Who's her dad then?" She asks, setting the rifle on her leg.

"I...I'm not sure you want to know,"

"I do," Kenna snaps and Din places a reassuring hand on her thigh, giving it a small squeeze.

"Well, you are still legally a Skywalker," Due to her sickness, she doesn't comprehend what he means but Cara and Din do.

"...Shit," Cara says, running a streak down her face.

"What? I don't understand," Kenna says, panicked.

"Maybe we should talk about this another time?" Din says but she stands up, annoyed.

"Tell me who my father is! Skip all these stupid riddles!" She growls at the IG.

"Your biological father is...Anakin Skywalker," Kenna furrows her brows and frowns, looking off into the distance.

"That was blunt," Greef chuckles, shaking his head. Cara smacks his head and the shakes her own with a 'now is not the time to laugh' expression. Din stands and places a hand on Kenna's shoulder. She turns, tears threatening to fall. She falls into his arms, sniffling.

"So...mummy lied about daddy," Cara mumbles before speaking up. "Why would she should lie about something that serious?"

"Why do you think Luke was lied to about his real parents?" Greef responds and Cara nods her head.

"Fair...but if Helena Rys lived alone...she would've known her daughter could never be seduced to the darkness,"

"Unless she didn't want her daughter to carry the burden of Anakin, considering she was the heir to Florrum,"

"Or she knew one day Moff Gideon was going to come and take her,"

"It is most likely my idea," Greef scoffs at Cara who sticks her tongue out at him.

"Guys, could you both please shut the fuck up?" Din growls, his sudden use in language surprising them and also scaring them shitless. They look down at their feet as Din pulls Kenna away, looking at her eyes as he holds her at arm's length. "Kenna?"

"My father was a monster..."

"Wait...back in the common house, you said your father was trying to contact you...you said it was light, it was good," Din says, running his hands down her arms as she feebly wipes her eyes with the back of her hands.

"True...but maybe it was my mother,"

"Didn't Anakin turn good after the whole Luke thing though?" Cara pipes up.

"That doesn't matter, for 33 years I've been deceived! Lied to!" Kenna snaps, walking away from Din and sitting at the edge. "Just as things were starting to look good, this happens. It keeps happening, one shitty thing after the other," She sighs, watching the lava spit up at the rusty boat.

"Kenna, don't say that,"

"Why shouldn't I? My father was a monster and so am I,"

"That's not true,"

"Typical, you always say that,"

"Kenna? Are you okay? You're kinda talking to yourself over there," Cara says where she stands next to Din. She furrows her brows and looks around to see everyone looking at her.

"You didn't...you didn't say anything,"

"I did...but you ignored what I said and went on about you and your father being a monster, then I tried to respond but you...continued talking," Din fills her in. She blinks a couple of times as Din sits beside her, legs crossed. He takes her hands in his again. "Kenna, I can't even begin to imagine what it's like to hear this, but I assure you...your mother had a good reason to keep this information hidden," He uses his free hand to move Kenna's chin to look at him. "You are no monster, your family does not make who you are. Your past doesn't make you who you are. You do. You decide if you're light or dark. You decide, no one else, not that Kylo Ren or Moff Gideon. It is all you, and no matter what you say about yourself, you'll always be Kenna Skywalker, the woman I fell in love with," A big smile breaks across her face as her eyes begin to water again.

"Din..."

"That's it. We're free!" Greef interrupts, pointing at the light at the end of the cave. Din helps Kenna stand and she takes the child from IG who finally allows her to carry him. Din scans ahead and his heart plummets when seeing they were surrounded.

"No. No, we're not. Stormtroopers. They're flanking the mouth of the tunnel. It looks like an entire platoon. They must know we're coming," Kenna's smile falters as Din looks back at her and the child. Yet this time, he doesn't weigh his options. This time, he has no hesitation. Kenna and the child will not be handed over as long as he lives.

"Stop the boat," Cara snaps at the droid who pays no attention and continues to paddle onwards. "Hey, droid, I said stop the boat!" She shouts, the droid still ignoring her. "Hey, I'm talking to you. I said stop!" It still doesn't listen so she decides to shoot its head off, causing the child to cry and Kenna to jump at the sudden noise.

"We're still moving," Greef says, the boat only moving slightly slower than before.

"Looks like we fight," Kenna says strongly.

"There are too many," Din comments, standing next to Kenna and stroking the child's ear.

"Well, then what do you suggest? Cuz I can't surrender," Cara snaps.

"They will not be satisfied with anything less than Kenna and the child. This is unacceptable. I will eliminate the enemy, and you will escape," Kenna's heart drops as she turns on the IG-11 she has come to care for.

"You don't have that kind of firepower, pal. You wouldn't even get to daylight," Din retorts, trying to think of anything.

"That's not his objective..." Kenna trails off and Din looks between them as she looks down sadly.

"We're getting close. Saddle up," Cara speaks from the front of the vessel.

"I still have the security protocols from my manufacturer. If my designs are compromised, I must self-destruct,"

"No, you can't,"

"What are you talking about?" Din says, his voice becoming hoarse.

"I'm not permitted to be captured. I must be destroyed," Kenna's hand flies up to her mouth as a subtle cry leaves her throat. She cradles the child close to her chest, tears pouring down her face.

"Are we gonna keep talking or we gonna get outta here?" Greef says.

"I can no longer watch over the child," He reaches out for the child with his long, metal finger and strokes his ear before locking eyes with Kenna.

"Wait. You can't self-destruct. Your base command is to watch the child. That supersedes your manufacturer's protocol, right? Right?" Kenna says, stepping forward to the IG-11 who holds her back.

"This is correct,"

"Good. Now grab a blaster and help us shoot our way out," Din says, loading up his pulse rifle.

"Victory through combat is impossible. We will be captured. Princess Kenna and the child will be lost. Sadly, there is no scenario where Kenna and the child is saved, in which I survive,"

"IG, you cannot die for me, I won't allow it,"

"Listen, you're not going anywhere. We need you. Let's just come with a..."

"Please tell me the child will be safe in your care. If you do so, I can default to my secondary command,"

"NO! As a Queen, I will not allow such a thing! You'll...you'll be destroyed," Kenna means her words to come out strong but they are weak and full of sadness.

"Dear sweet princess," He steps forward and wipes away a tear, the cool metal given her a shudder. "It has been an honour to serve you and the child, but you must live, all of you,"

"No..."

"I sense sadness...anger,"

"We can't lose you," She closes her eyes, trying to stop the steady stream of tears. "I can't lose you...please, don't make me do this,"

"You will live and would've served my purpose," He says sweetly, taking a step back. Kenna lets out a loud cry, shaking her head and Cara gives her shoulders a squeeze.

"No. We need you," Din's voice comes out rough with emotions, this droid, he saved Kenna's life, protected the child and made it possible to escape Gideon and Kylo.

"There is nothing to be sad about. I have never been alive," The IG says to Din.

"...I'm not sad," He says after hesitation.

"Yes you are. I'm a nurse droid. I've analysed your voice," He turns to the child, stroking his head before looking up to Kenna. "Farewell Kenna," He runs a finger down the side of her face as she sniffles. He steps off the boat and into the lava stream, his body sizzling as he walks faster than the boat.

"IG..." Kenna says sadly as Din saddles up next to her, holding her waist as they watch on sadly. IG-11 marches through the lava stream to the mouth of the tunnel where the Stormtroopers are lying in ambush. They all train their blasters on the droid.

"Manufacturer's protocol dictates I cannot be captured," Kenna squeezes her eyes shut when hearing the IG's voice say those dreaded words. "I must be destroyed," Kenna buries her face in Din's breastplate as she hears the explosion go off. She cries out and the child coos, confused.

"He did it," Cara says sadly as the boat emerges from the mouth of the tunnel. They all let out a sigh until Kenna falls to her knees, grabbing her throat and the child falls out of her grasp as she chokes on air.

"KENNA! NOT AGAIN!" Din falls to his knees and passes the child to Cara who grunts in annoyance of constantly being handed the baby.

"I...I...told you to...kill...me,"

"Fucking hell," Cara seethes as Kylo Ren limps over, his hand focused on Kenna's neck.

"N...now you'll...die,"

"Stop it!" Din releases fire after fire on Kylo Ren, his blasts never stopping. He quickly recharges and takes out all his rounds on the black-clad man.

"Ow," He laughs, and everyone looks around to see him behind them. "Poor hologram," He says, chuckling. Just as Din was going to fire, he uses his free hand to pull the child from Cara's grip into his arms and then points a blaster at it, letting Kenna go. "Ah ah, move and this one dies,"

"Give it up, Ben," Kenna croaks, standing up, grabbing on to Din for support.

"It's...Kylo..."

"We get it, shut up," She rubs her throat, hissing when she touches her fresh wound.

"You know...this would've been easier if you came with us!" He calls out, cradling the baby in his arms as it cries.

"And it would've been easier if you died,"

"But you couldn't do it, just like how your mother couldn't tell you about Anakin!"

"Touche," Kenna scoffs and Kylo laughs.

"So you know, well done, but you don't know about the setup," Kylo starts and Din stands protectively in front of Kenna.

"What setup?" Din seethes.

"Well, when Helena Rys gave birth to Anakin's child," He looks at Kenna who has walked around Din. "She didn't want it, so she contacted Moff Gideon to take her away when she was around, what was it...five, right? However, when seeing her child grow up full of hope and joy, she couldn't go through with it...so, she didn't tell Kenna about her real dad because she knew Moff Gideon was still going to come and take her away and she didn't want the light in the Rys name to be snuffed out so easily, so using Luke as her father would make her feel empowered," Kylo breathes before continuing. "So, when Moff heard about..." He's cut off by Kenna blasting him in the chest. She casually walks over and picks up the child.

"Well...that was..."

"Unexpected?"

"Just the word I was looking for," Greef says to Cara's comment. Kenna turns back to the group with a straight face and darkened eyes.

"Let's. Leave. This. Planet," She seethes just a familiar buzz can be heard. A TIE fighter rounds a corner and flies towards the group.

"Moff Gideon!" Cara calls out and Kenna stamps her foot.

"Fuc-" The TIE fighter opens fire but luckily he misses. It flies over them and in the distance, he turns again.

"He missed!" Greef said joyfully.

"He won't next time," Kenna scowls, walking back to the group.

"Our blasters are useless against him,"

"Kenna, use the magic thingy," She narrows her eyes at him and he sighs before looking down at the child. "Hey, then let the baby do the magic hand thing. Come on, baby! Do the magic hand thing," He waves at the child in Kenna's arm who only waves back, giggling. Greef sighs and runs a hand down his face. "I'm out of ideas,"

"I'm not," Kenna's eyes widen.

"Din, no, you don't know how that works!"

"Here he comes,"

"Din, don't you dare do that--" He shoots up just before the TIE fighter passes above them, then turns and hooks on to the TIE fighter with his grappling hook. Kenna watches on in horror, her free hand covering her mouth. Kylo gets up behind them and then quickly escapes without them noticing. Din mounts the fighter, nearly gets bucked and loses a charge, then manages to stick a couple of charges to the TIE fighter before letting go. The charges explode and the TIE fighter crashes. The Mandalorian falls...but manages to re-engage the jetpack to land safely. He wobbles when landing and Kenna places the child down before marching over to Din, slapping his arm, hard. "You fool! You could've died!" She then wraps him in a tight hug. "Don't do that again," She whispers as the other two walk over.

"That was impressive, Mando. Very impressive. It looks like your Guild rates have just gone up," Greef congratulates and Kenna looks over their shoulders to see Kylo Ren standing on top of the caves. Smoke from the fallen TIE fighter covers Kylo's distance form. She squints her eyes and once the smoke clears, he is gone.

"Any more stormtroopers?" Din says.

"I think we cleaned up the town. I'm thinking of staying around just to be sure," Cara nods as Kenna re-focuses on the group, thinking she was just seeing things.

"You're staying here?" Din asks.

"Well, why not? Nevarro is a very fine planet. And now that the scum and villainy have been washed away, it's very respectable again," Greef chuckles, tucking his thumbs into his belt.

"As a bounty hunter hive?"

"Some of my favourite people are bounty hunters. And perhaps, this specimen of soldier might consider joining our ranks," He laughs, looking over at Cara.

"Yeah... I've got some clerical concerns regarding my chain code," Kenna smiles warmly at the duo.

"What about the Queen of Florrum, where will you be heading off to? Or will you be sticking with our dear Mandalorian?" Greef asks with a wide smile. She looks up at him as he looks down at her.

"I'll be sticking around for a while, Florrum won't be needing a Queen any time soon,"

"One day, they'll need you, they need a Rys," Greef says.

"You may be right, but that day won't be anytime soon," She nods as the child waddles up to Din and grabs onto his leg, cooing up at him.

"But you, my friend, you will be welcome back into the Guild with open arms. So, go off, enjoy yourself. And when you're ready to return, you will have the pick of all quarries," Greef says to Din. Cara walks up to Kenna, patting her shoulder.

"Your majesty," She mocks and Kenna playfully punches her shoulder.

"You should bow when talking to a Queen,"

"I'm afraid I have more pressing matters at hand," Din says to Greef, ignoring the girls' behaviour. He picks up the child and Kenna quickly takes him back. He laughs, shaking his head. Cara steps forward and rubs the child's ear.

"Take care of this little one," Cara says, stepping back as Greef touches the child's ear gently.

"Or maybe...it'll take care of you," He says, laughing. Din looks down at the red-headed princess who happily strokes the child's head, her focus solely on the child. Cara pulls Din to the side as Greef and Kenna exchange a few words.

"So?"

"So what?"

"Your clan of two a clan of three?" She nudges him, knowing what it means.

"I have an idea,"

"Don't worry, she feels the same about you," She passes him a small box. "Rumours has it that this is the one her father gave to her mother, it was left on Florrum so when I visited, I stole it from the Queen's room,"

"And you didn't pawn it off?"

"Nah, thought if I waited for a while, it's value would increase but...this seems better," He puts the small box in the side of his belt.

"Thank you," Cara nods before her and Greef leave.

"Farewell friends,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30K 344 86
During the clone wars: Gamora a Jedi to be known as the youngest to be a Jedi master due to her special skills. She joined before Ahsoka came and no...
184 0 12
An AU where Darth Vader found out he had a son, intercepted Obi-Wan on his way to Tatooine, and took Luke. To keep him safe from the Emperor, he hid...
44 0 12
Loss of faith and purpose have driven Mando and Grogu into the Unknown Regions in search of cover. Din is sent down a new path when he meets a beauti...
94.3K 3.4K 36
After the unexpected assassination of her master, twenty nine year old Thell Sai'Lya, a servant, must forge her own path, and falls directly into the...