Gentle for her.

By sparkleandshinex

"No one speaks to me the way you have been lately" He warned, his eyes trained on mine. "What are you going t... More

IMPORTANT NOTE
•Chapter One• The brown eyed girl...
•Chapter Three• Little sis...
•Chapter Four• 'Just a friend'...
•Chapter Five• The gala...
•Chapter Six• 'I crave it...'
•Chapter Seven• Scars...
•Chapter Eight• Hot mess...
•Chapter Nine• 'Mama's murder...'
•Chapter Ten• 'Don't leave.'
•Chapter Eleven• 'Read to me'
•Chapter Twelve• 'Just trust me...'
•Chapter Thirteen• 'Italy!?'
•Chapter Fourteen• A warm welcome...
•Chapter Fifteen• Lauretta...
•Chapter Sixteen• A dinner date in Italy.
•Chapter Seventeen• 'Your attitude stinks'
•Chapter Eighteen• Tease you with my lips...
•Chapter Nineteen• "I deserve the pain..."
•Chapter Twenty• Red underwear...
•Chapter Twenty One• Zipper trouble...
•Chapter Twenty Two• Gun shots in paradise...
•Chapter Twenty Three• "Let her go..."
•Chapter Twenty Four• Make love to me.
•Chapter Twenty Five• Empty bed & messy sheets.
•Chapter Twenty Six• Home, not so sweet home...
•Chapter Twenty Seven• Nothing good seems to last forever.
•Chapter Twenty Eight• "Your father?"
•Chapter Twenty Nine• Unexpected turn...
F I N A L C H A P T E R
~ E P I L O G U E ~
A note from me to you.

•Chapter Two• Mysterious Italian...

158K 3.4K 3.7K
By sparkleandshinex

Kimberly's Pov -

The warm water soothed my muscles as it ran down my bare back, rubbing the vanilla shampoo into my scalp I began to regret drinking and dancing the night before work.

My hand shut off the water as I stepped out of the shower, wrapping the baby pink towel around my petite body. A content sigh left my lips as I rubbed the steam from the bathroom mirror, to see my chocolate brown eyes looking back at me.

Patting my body dry, I quickly applied lotion before pulling on my scrubs. Ever since I was a little girl, I always knew I wanted to help people. Sticking to that, medical school was the path for me after high school, where I worked my butt off and trained to be a surgeon. After six long hard years, now age twenty three, I'm a registered neurosurgeon, working in the Reenade hospital, here in sunny California.

After drying my long hair and pulling it back into a neat bun, I grabbed my belongings before rushing out of my apartment and down the elevator, as soon as I reached the ground floor I smiled at the receptionist who works in the lobby, before making my way outside. The smell of fresh blossom falling from the trees, instantly filled my nostrils.

Pulling into the hospitals parking lot, I strutted towards the entrance, being sure to send a smile to the familiar patients who where sitting outside.

"Good morning, Kimberly" a deep voice caught my attention, snapping my head in the direction I saw Derick, one of the doctors who also works here.

"How are you?" He was now walking beside me, down the busy hospitals corridor.

"I'm great thank you, you?" My soft voice called out, as we turned a corner.

"Not to bad..."

Before he could continue his sentence, my name was being called by Rebecca, my best friend and colleague in one, we met in the first year of medical school and instantly clicked, the rest is history! We where ecstatic when we found out we both would be working in the same hospital, along side each other.

My hand patted Derick's arm as an apology for not being able to speak any longer, before jogging over to Rebecca, she instantly pulled me into the staff room where I began to place my belongings into my locker. Amy, another close friend of mine, who also works alongside us was sat on one of the blue plastic chairs, sipping from her large mug of coffee.

"So turning down a hottie last night were we?" Amy teased making me roll my eyes and look over at Rebecca, who only shrugged.

"I had to tell her! You have to admit...he was hot, Kimmy" Rebecca beamed.

My mind whirled back to the random guy who came up to me last night in the Miro club, remembering how his hand that slightly dug into my shoulder sent a weird sensation down my spine. When my eyes met his emerald one's, I was almost knocked back at how intimidating they where...

"Even if he was hot, the rudeness that radiated off of him was ridiculous" I told them, while walking over to the coffee machine.

"Hm I agree, asking you to just go with him was a little strange, did you see the stares from other people to? It was almost like they where scared of him..." Rebecca explained, making me think back.

"Anyway girl's, notice anything different?" Amy stuck out her left hand, revealing a huge diamond ring on her third finger. A squeal left both mine and Rebecca's lips before we dived on her, pulling her into a huge hug.

Giggles erupted from her as we squeezed her to death, muttering a congratulations.

When we eventually got off her, I grabbed her small hand, examining the beautiful silver ring. "He did a good job" I told her, she instantly nodded.

"I know, it was so romantic...just the two of us at a cute restaurant in the south end of California, I was so shocked" She had the biggest grin spread across her lips.

"...Finally time to start wedding planning and I would love nothing more for you two to be my bridesmaids" She looked between me and Rebecca, both of our heads bouncing in agreement.

"Of course!" We pulled her into, yet another hug.

-

"Busy day?" Greg, the sweet old man who works in the cafe opposite the hospital, asked me as he handed me my take out strawberry tea.

"It hasn't been to bad actually, a four hour surgery on a young boy, it went smoothly" I smiled at him, handing him a five dollar bill, telling him to keep the change.

"Brilliant and thank you sweetheart, enjoy the rest of your evening"

As I turned my body to walk towards the glass door, it was pushed open and my eyes widened at the sight. The familiar emerald eyes from last night met mine, making my breath hitch at the power they held.

Now, in the light I could see his features a lot more, perfect arched dark eyebrows and a straight nose, a pair of pink full lips and a slight stubble on his face. His dark hair was gelled back, styled to absolute perfection, his muscles where visible under the navy blue expensive looking suit he was wearing. High cheeks bones and a small dimple was visible on his left cheek, as a smirk appeared on his face, his intimidating eyes raking my figure.

Something about him screamed power and control and most of all...trouble.

My eyes switched to the two men who stood behind him, almost like they where his body guards, warning anyone of who even dared to look his way.

Who the hell was this man?

And why was he looking at me like I was his prey?

"Now, here's a face I was hoping to see again"

His voice was just how I remembered it, deep and spoken with such a strong accent, Italian maybe? Composing my thoughts, I shook my head slightly before beginning to walk towards the door, ignoring his previous comment.

"May I get by please?" I had to stretch my neck up to look at him, being only 5'4 was a pain at times.

His head cocked to the side before wetting his lips and opening up his mouth to speak again, "Won't you tell me your name, amore?"  [Love]

"Why should I give you my name?" A sassy tone crept from my lips, watching as his eyes seemed to switch from cold to...amused?

"It's not often I get turned down" His voice seemed to startle me, how was it possible for a man to have so much power radiating from him?

"Well I guess there's something new in everyday" I muttered, walking a little closer to the exit.

His eyes left mine before he slowly stepped out of the way, leaving the smallest gap for me to squeeze past him. As soon as the cool air hit my cheeks, I heard his voice chirp up again, my feet continued to walk towards my car.

"Goodnight, Kimberly Folin"

My eyes widened as soon as my name slipped from his lips in the most smoothest way. My grip on my strawberry tea tightened as I came to realisation, my eyes snatched down to the name tag that was always attached to my hospital scrubs.

Looking over my shoulder, I saw him looking at me with a smirk before letting the cafe door slowly close, making him disappear from my view.

•••

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.9K 771 61
𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆: 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄, 𝐃𝐑𝐔𝐆𝐒, 𝐀𝐋𝐂𝐎𝐇𝐎𝐋, 𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒, 𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 ...
4.4M 115K 78
✓ COMPLETED ✓ Started: 16th OCT 2020 Finished: 14th FEB 2021 EDITING! Finally out of the orphanage, Arabella needs to find a job with a good pay tha...
12M 365K 38
__❤︎ The Maid and the Mafia King ❤︎__ Losing her father at the age of 20, Bella started to search for jobs. Not to mention, she already was doing 2 j...
1.5M 34.9K 50
"I...I...was just....."I stuttered and he grabbed my jaws with his thumb and index finger,squeezing my cheeks. "Look at me when I'm talking to you."H...