When Confidence Collides

By MidnightRain0

COMPLETE [22/3/21] "That dancing was pretty impressive. Some may even say kinda hot," he lowly whispered into... More

Chapter 1: Fake friends
Chapter 2: You owe me
Chapter 3: Slow walkers
Chapter 4: Instagram
Chapter 5: Advantageous creeps
Chapter 6: Blessing and a curse
Chapter 7: Continued
Chapter 8: Take a picture if you want; it'll last longer
Chapter 9: Most intimate thing
Chapter 10: Dirty minded
Chapter 11: 2:58
Chapter 13: Surprisingly
Chapter 14: Life
Chapter 15: Falling for me
Chapter 16: When?
Chapter 17: Addictive
Chapter 18: See you soon
Chapter 19: Soon?
Chapter 20: Cherish
Chapter 21: Out-dated
Chapter 22: Couldn't resist me
Chapter 23: Peace
Chapter 24: Mature
Chapter 25: Gotcha
Chapter 26: Make me
Chapter 27: Blushing
Chapter 28: Clingy
Chapter 29: Ice cream
Chapter 30: Clumsy
Chapter 31: Nothing
Chapter 32: Au revoir
Chapter 33: Mother nature
Chapter 34: Being a baby
Chapter 35: Party
Chapter 36: Or kill me
Chapter 37: Halloween
Chapter 38: There's no way you understood what he just said
Chapter 39: Wasn't even slightly interested
Chapter 40: Hold his attention
Chapter 41: We all have demons
Chapter 42: Becomes a blank canvas
Chapter 43: He who we can't name
Chapter 44: I'm proud
Chapter 45: I was right.
Chapter 46: Transformation
Chapter 47: I'm not done with you
Chapter 48: Cared enough to notice
Chapter 49: Insecurities
Chapter 50: For real this time
Chapter 51: Reassurance
Chapter 52: Our
Chapter 53: Alone together
Chapter 54: The End.

Chapter 12: White converse

5.5K 213 77
By MidnightRain0

The photo above is what I imagine Jace's outfit to look like ^^

Thank you @minisculemarbles and @kaylasilverss for being active in voting and commenting <3

The heat of his body against mine and his heavy arms laid across me relaxed every muscle in my body when I finally woke up. I was snuggled into his body, my head on his chest with my leg wrapped round his waist, trapping him to the bed - something I have been told I do in my sleep before. I laid in Jace's arms taking full advantage of the one-off moment. 

I rolled on to my side, careful not to wake him up and checked the time on my phone. 

Fuck! It's 11:41am on a Wednesday morning and I have work. 

I regretfully tried to wriggle out of his strong hold to get ready of work. 

I heard a sigh from Jace as his grip around my body tightened. 

"Where are you going?" He asked, his voice raspy and deep from sleep. I had always hated the way people sound when they first woke up but Jace's voice did something to me. 

"Let go! I'm late for work," I said as stably as I could, faking confidence. I didn't want to let him know the effect he had on me. 

"No, you don't."

"What do you mean I don't have work? It's Wednesday."

He sat up, looking and sounding more awake. 

"I woke up earlier than you did, and I was going to wake you up so you wouldn't be late, but you looked so peaceful so I let you sleep in. I rang your boss and told her you won't be in today and then I came back to bed," he explained to me like it was nothing. 

"Oh... thanks I guess." 

"Uh huh. Now you can lay back down and relax for a little longer with me," he smirked and slid back under the blanket. 

"I'm awake now so I'm going to get ready," I said as my legs hung off the bed with my back to him. 

"No, you're not." 

I was suddenly spun round and laid down on my back. When I opened my eyes, I saw Jace smirking at the position he currently had me in: I was lying on my back with his body hovering over mine. He was kneeling down, trapping the lower half of my body in between his legs with his large hands pinning me down by my wrists either side of me. 

I shivered at our closeness, my heart pounding against my chest. He must have noticed me shiver as he let his head hang and laughed momentarily before looking back at me with a boyish grin, his eyes glued to mine. 

A lock of his loose curly chestnut brown hair fell in front of his eyes. His hair looked more ruffled and fluffier than normal. I wanted to run my hands through his hair, combing it back but I fought against it. 

Something silver tucked under his shirt caught my attention. 

He watched me spot the silver chain hidden behind my sweater that was accentuating his toned body. He loosened his hold on my right arm, reaching for the chain. I took advantage of the freedom of my hand and flipped him over so I was now the one leaning over him. 

This took him by surprise as I heard him deeply sigh. 

I grinned at him, now knowing I had the effect on him that I wanted to. He could have easily gotten out of my hold, my hands almost didn't wrap around his wrist, but he stayed where I had put him. I could tell by his eyes that he was curious of what I was going to do next. 

I swiftly took my hair out of the bun I put it in last night. Jace watched as it fell over my shoulders. I took my hand off his wrist and used it to move all my hair over my right shoulder. 

I teased him by lightly biting my bottom lip, leaning my face down closer to his. I had kept eye contact this whole time till now, moving my eyes to his full lips. I audibly heard him take a sharp breath in and watched as his normally bright blue eyes darkened, his eye lids relaxed. I moved my head closer to his, leading him think I was going to kiss him before moving my lips over to his left ear. 

I allowed my lips to brush lightly over his jaw, my mouth next to his ear. I felt his body tense from underneath me. I chuckled gently at the hold I had over him. 

"Now, I'm going to have a shower and get ready for the day and I suggest you do too. Then we will go downstairs and have breakfast. Afterwards, I'll drive you to your place so you can wear your own clothes, okay?" I softly whispered in his ear, hearing a deep "hmm" in response. 

"I take that as a yes." I slowly got off of him, taking my time as he watched me. 

Once our bodies were no longer in contact, I wandered into my closet as I felt his stare fixed on me. I grabbed some clothes from my closet and moved so I stood in the threshold of my bathroom and discreetly watched Jace. 

He ran a hand through his hair and then over his face as I heard him mutter "Fuck!" to himself. I laughed to myself and got in the shower. 

-

I entered the kitchen and saw Jace sitting on a bar stool with a bowl of Calla's favourite cereal in front of him. I stood in the doorway and watched as he finished eating. He then stood up and cleaned the bowl and spoon whilst faintly humming a familiar song to himself under his breath. I observed as he washed the dishes, watching as his back muscles contracted at the movement. He was shirtless, wearing only the sweatpants I gave him last night, his hair was wet after showering. 

"You like The Neighbourhood?" 

"Mmm?" He turned around, now facing me. 

You could see the light outline of his abs, showing that he keeps himself in shape but doesn't overdo it, the light catching the chain around his neck resting on his chest. Honestly, I prefer it that way rather than when someone is really ripped.

"The song you were humming, it was The Neighbourhood, right?" 

He briefly laughed before answering, "Yeah, it was. You want breakfast?"

"Yeah, two pieces of toast, please."

I walked into kitchen and placed myself on one of the stools. I watched as he got two pieces of bread and placed them in the toaster.

"What do you want on it?" 

"Jam please." He nodded and walked fridge and took out my favourite strawberry jam. He took the toast out of the toaster, applied butter then jam and placed the plate in front of me. 

"I could feel you watching me you know?" He said, taking a seat opposite me. 

"It's nice seeing you in a better mood then yesterday," I shrugged. I hated seeing him in that state.  

I saw his body react to the mention of last night as a slight crease formed between his eyebrows. His eyes looked distantly at his intertwined hands that were placed on the table, probably reliving the events of yesterday. 

I picked up my second piece of toast and bit into it. I finished my mouthful before breaking the silence that had discreetly crept up on us. 

"You okay?" 

"Yeah." I didn't buy it. He sounded as if he was trying to convince, not only me, but himself too. 

I could sense that he wanted to say something but was carefully thinking about it, so I sat and waited till he did. 

"About last night. I didn't want to wake you up I just had nowhere else to go after I had an argument with someone and I couldn't mentally stay at the house by myself for the night and you were the first person I thought to go to," he eventually explained to me. He was looking down at his hands the whole time, the same way someone who is ashamed would. He had no reason to be ashamed around me. 

I could tell that there was more to the story than that but I was glad he felt comfortable enough to tell me what he had. 

"It's all right. I honestly don't mind. Just don't make it a regular thing," I joked. I stood up and got a glass of water. Downing that one, I refilled my cup and sat back down. 

"So, what are you going to do today?" He questioned, finally looking at me.   

"Well, I was supposed to go to work but since that's not happening, nothing at the moment." 

I acknowledged the look on his face, he had an idea. "What are you thinking?" 

"Get your shoes on and I'll go and get a sweatshirt on." He turned around and ran up the stairs as I got my white converse on. That didn't exactly answer my question but sure.

Jace came back down wearing my favourite hoodie. 

"Seriously? That's my favourite hoodie," I whined. All he did was roll his eyes and slip his shoes on. Grabbing my phone, bag, and keys, Jace dragged me out the front door as I pressed the button to open my car. 

"Where am I driving to?" I asked. 

"My place where I'll pick up my car," he told me, putting his address into a map app on the touch screen part of my car. 

"And then what?" 

"The rest is a surprise," he winked. I rolled my eyes at him and drove my car off the driveway, following the directions to his house. 

-

I pulled up outside a gorgeous penthouse block, killing the engine of my car once I had parked next to Jace's car. His place was a 15-minute drive away from my house but the whole vibe of the two places were completely different. 

I live in a standard neighbourhood, nobody is rich, but no one is struggling for money but this, however, screams wealth and everything that comes with it. 

"Stay here, I just need to go and grab something. I'll be out in a sec." Jace told me as he exited my car, closing the door behind him. 

I watched his back as his figure got smaller and smaller from where I was sat until it eventually blended in with the darkness of the large garage my car was sat in.  

I leant my head against the cool glass window to my left and began wondering what Jace does as a job. I'm 20 and I can't imagine that he is much older than me but yet he lives here. He had obviously done something that worked. It was almost as if the more I found out about him, the more I was intrigued and pulled towards him. 

A knock on the window made me jump in my seat. Jace was stood there, a toothy grin on his face, dangling his car keys using his hand to gesture that I should have got out. 

I stepped out the car when the strong smell of his additive cologne hit my nose, making me weak at the knees. I steadied myself and studied what he was wearing. Black tee, grey plaid trousers and white converse. His chain was out for the world to see and the sliver rings on his fingers made my stomach do a twirl.  

"Done checking me out?" 

"You're copying me! I'm wearing white converse," I lamely said trying to ignore what I was feeling. 

"Mmm. And? I thought we could be matching. Stop being a weirdo. Here are your sweatpants by the way," he said and handed me back my sweatpants. 

"Thanks, but where is my hoodie?" 

He shrugged nonchalantly like he didn't know what I was on about. "You won't need that today, so I'll keep it safe. Now, come on. Lets go!" He pulled me towards his sleek black Porsche.

"You're a dickhead, you know that?" I joked, smiling happily as I climbed into the passenger seat of his car. 

"And you're a sarcastic dipshit." 

I looked at him, surprised at what he just said. 

"What?! I thought we were pointing out the obvious," he cheekily said before the purr of his car stopped me from saying something rude back. 

"That shut you up didn't it?" He laughed. I turned my head to look out my window and showed him my middle finger. 

"That's not very nice, princess," he pouted. I studied the reflection of him on my window and mentally laughed. I liked his playful side. 

"It wasn't meant to be," I told him, turning to sarcastically smile at him before turning back to the window. Maybe he was right about the sarcasm thing. 

We pulled out of the garage when curiosity got the better of me. "Where are we going?"

"You'll see," Jace replied, turned his head to look at me before returning his attention to the road. 

"Can't you just tell me?"

"Nope." 

"Ugh okay." I sat watching the world move past when I felt his blue eyes watching me. 

"Shouldn't you be watching the road and not me." 

He winked at me and finally looked at where he was going. 

"I'm not going to lie, you seemed like the type of person to have a motorbike not a fancy car like this." I thought out loud. 

I saw a discreet smile stretch across his lips, "I do have a bike, you just don't seem like the type of person to want to go on one, so I thought we'd use the car today."

"Well, you thought wrong." 

"You ever rode on one before?" 

"No, but I have always wanted to. I feel like you'd get an adrenaline rush on one, so I've always been intrigued," I explained to him. Most people hate the feeling of high adrenaline, but I love it. That's why I love scary movies and the biggest rollercoasters that everyone shy's away from.

"Noted," he said as the car slowed down and I realised where we are. 

"We are at the mall?" I asked confused as to why he would bring me here. Don't guys hate shopping? 

"Yeah, it's where we met, and you can now by me a new top," he smiled at me. He said the first part quickly, as if he wasn't meant to say it.

I jumped out the car, ran round the car and pulled him out with me. 

"Let's go then!" He laughed as I excitedly pulled him towards the entrance of the mall.

*

WE ARE SO CLOSE TO 200 READS OH MY THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH :')

Don't forget to vote, comment and share - I would appreciate it so much!

Thank you for reading :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.7K 1K 46
"You're going to keep living, V." Everyone thought Ivy Archer had the perfect life. Because they had no idea what she was hiding: her mums terminal c...
1.4M 58K 55
UNEDITED After violating campus rules and committing student misconduct, twenty-three-year-old Warren Ashford is deep trouble and at risk of losing h...
144K 6.8K 63
Gawking two guys in a hot-blown make-out session in the mathematical section of the library was not what I expected my first day after Winter breaks...
7.9M 327K 153
*Book 1 in the Soulmates Series* πŸŽ–Featured Reading Lists: β€’@Wattpad's Editor's Pick & Spring Cleaning β€’@TeenFiction Soul Deep β€’@WattpadRoyals Fantas...