asylum [kai parker] editing/r...

By sociopathick

she's his asylum, she provides him the care he needs to recover his mental health. when he's around her he fe... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Epilogue
Authors Note; Please Read
New Account

Sixteen

7.9K 304 141
By sociopathick

S I M O N E
"Simone Alexander?" The principle asks just as Kai walks out of the office. A smirk is playing at his lips as he walks right out the door.

Turning back to the principle, I nod and get up before entering his office. He tries his best to shout for Kai to return, but the dark haired boy is long gone. My stomach twists as I step through the door and into the office. I wonder how many children died in here?

The principle- whose name I could care less about-stares at me from his seat in front of me. "Simone...I heard what happened in the hallway and..."

"Aaron started all of it!" I say before he can make out the words.

"Mason Parker attacked Aaron, correct?" The principle asks.

"Yes, but-"

"What were you doing during all of this?"

"That's not the point. What Aaron did was childish..." I point out but you can't teach someone who is unwilling to listen. "He's a bastard, he deserved it all." I accidentally say out loud.

"Aaron is my son." His eyes narrow, looking at the stack of papers on his desk.

"Well you did a hell of a job raising him." Sim, shut the hell up unless you plan on being expelled.

"You have a poor attitude, Ms. Alexander. I would expect more from the sheriff's daughter." He says icily.

There are two responses to that. One could just piss him off, the other will make him feel guilty. "Well, I'm not his daughter." I take the guilt trip and resist the urge to continue with my attitude.

"I know," he sighs unhappily and looks at me, "but he did raise you. You should still show more respect."

"Well, shouldn't the principle's son be respectful as well? Because I know pretty damn well that Dad installed security cameras. Would you like to show them to me?" There was no way he would watch them. In his eyes, his son is a saint. But just as I'm about to push the argument further, a familiar man walks through the door. It's like everything freezes. I look like a deer caught in the headlights. My face falls and I can't make words anymore.

"Sheriff." My principle shakes dad's hand and sits back down. Dad takes the seat beside me and stares at me.

"Good evening." Dad mutters, not talking to me quite yet.

"Simone, is there something you would like to tell your father?" I know the principle is just trying to tick me off.

He's not my father.

"Yeah. There is. Well," I turn to Dad and fake a smile, "his pain in the ass son," I point to the principle, "found it funny to insult me and push me against the lockers. I was just lucky that someone was there to stand up for me-"

"Woah woah woah." The principle stands and cuts me off. "My son has nothing to do with this...."

"He has everything to do with this!" I yell, standing up out of my seat to add effect.

"What happened?" Dad turns to the principle and suddenly I feel betrayed.

"She was sneaky and sent her friend on to my son and that started a fight." Nothing what he said made sense to me.

"She what? You're saying my daughter tried to beat up the quarterback?" Finally Dad takes my side.

"She hit my son, and her friend- whatever his name is- punched my boy!" You could tell the principle was starting to get opinionated. "And I, the principle, think that can't be tolerated at this school."

"Well I, the sheriff, would like to know the full story." Dad fakes a smile.

"Her and her friend started a fight with my boy in the middle of the hallway," the principle tries to clear things up.

"Let's not leave out the part where your narcissistic son shoved me into the lockers to start with!" I am this close to leaning over the desk and strangling him.

"Listen, I'm sorry for what Simone has done-" Dad starts.

"No." I look at him, "you don't get to take his side. Watch the cameras!" I shout. "Mr. Smith just doesn't want to-"

"Enough!" Dad yells at me. "Sit down."

The moment he says it, I do. "The surveillance cameras..." I murmur, just enough for Dad to hear me.

"The cameras weren't on in that hallway." You could tell the principle is lying. To the sheriff. What a dumbass. Like father, like son.

"I beg to differ." I raise an eyebrow cockily and watch as the principle throws me a glare, one that Dad notices.

"There are cameras in every hall." Dad interjects.

"That one wasn't on." The principle lies more. Like he knows his son is a pissed off and challenged boy.

"Sir, I've been the sheriff for over twenty years. I know when someone is lying." Dad snaps, "Show me the cameras." Dad demands calmly and looks at the principle.

"Fine." The principle slams his fists down into his desk and stands, walking over to the television and pulling out an old tape. He sits back down after putting the tape in. Then suddenly the grey fuzzy screen turns into a picture. It's an image of the hallway. There's a few figures, but the time is wrong. The principle takes the remote and fasts forward.

"One twenty five." I mutter harshly and watch as he goes to the time where I was just getting out of Health.

Dad leans back, preparing to be disappointed. There's suddenly a dark image- me- walking down the hallway clumsily and not knowing where I'm going. Suddenly I crash into Aaron. The few minutes continue as the two figures talk to one another.

The image isn't blurry anymore, it's completely clear. You can see as the two people- Aaron and I's- expressions change into one of anger and annoyance. Then all at once I'm up against the locker. Immediately I'm yelling at the principle, "See! That could be classified as rape!" I say, knowing its damn well nowhere near it but I don't really care.

"No it's not." Dad says seriously and continues watching. But I can tell he's thinking.

Then something clicks. Kai is wanted. He is in this video.

I'm fucked, and that's putting it nicely.

How could I be so stupid?

It's too late, the third figure comes into view, but of course Kai is facing the cameras, looking at Aaron. His features are clear, too. I'm already standing and heading to the television in hopes of coming up with a stupid excuse. But there isn't one.

Dad is already out of his seat. "I'm going to need this tape." He says harshly and pushes me out of the way. He's gone into full officer mode. "Sim, who is this man?" He points to the boy who is currently nailing Aaron in the jaw.

"I-I don't..." I stutter, fear collecting in my eyes.

"Who is this man? What name does he go by?" Dad yells at the principle. He already has his radio pulled out and saying things over it, to Nick, I presume.

"Mason Parker." The principle answers. "He transferred here this year."

Dammit, just shut up.

"Nick, we need all eyes out on Mason Parker. I'll be at the station in ten minutes." Dad says into the radio. The black device makes a static noise and I can almost pick out words from- what sounds like- Nick.

"Simone, how often have you spoke to this man?" Dad asks, not realizing the danger he is putting me in when he asks for the truth.

"Um..."

"They are friends. He sits by her at lunch." The principle says, suddenly trying to go everything to help with the situation. Shut up.

"Our friendship is one sided." I correct him quietly and Dad immediately turns to me.

"Come on, Simone. You're coming to the station with me." Dad looks at the principle and holds the tape in his hand. "I'm sure you can forget about this misunderstanding. When we catch this boy, you will be able to press charges if you please."

"Dad, his son fucking-" Dad silences me with his hand.

"Don't speak to me like that, Simone. Go out to the car, I'll be right out." He says before turning to the principle and asking for Mason's papers.

But at that point in already running out of the room, and into the hallway. By the time I'm outside, I can already see the black beat up car. He's going to get caught. This should be a good thing.

Maybe it's the fact that he helped me, maybe it's the fact that he's showing emotion, or maybe I'm just insane. But for some reason I walk right out of the doors and stare into the blue eyed boys eyes and whisper one word. "Run."

Kai stands from where he was, leaning against his car. He was waiting for me. His face twists in confusion so I make sure to repeat myself.

"Run. You need to run." I say, tears collecting in my eyes. The only cause is fear. I'm pretty damn afraid of what Kai will do to me in the long run. Maybe it's wrong to warn him. Maybe I should let Dad catch him.

But maybe he will show mercy if I warn him.

Kai resists for a split second before getting into his car and starting it up. Dad comes rushing outside, staring at the car. Kai rolls down his window as he is driving off. But I can still see him as he flips my father off and speeds quickly away from the school.

My dad grips his radio and mutters a series of numbers and letters. The license plate.

Little does he know that the car belongs to an old, dead man, who is already six feet under.

"What did he say to you, Sim?" Dad grabs my shoulders and shakes me abruptly. It was then when I realized that I had been zoning out completely like some undead zombie.

"Nothing." It was a lie he couldn't refuse. I must admit that I've gotten pretty good at the skill.

My phone vibrates in my pocket and I already know exactly who it is. But I can't answer it now. Dad drags me towards his car and unexpectedly puts me in the back, like all the other criminals he has arrested. But I'm too shocked with my own thoughts as for now.

The station came into view quicker than I expected it to. Cop cars fill the parking lot along with endless others. Something-more like someone- scares me. Nick. He is already outside the second we are in the lot. I'm pulled out of the vehicle as my mind reminisces over the thoughts that pop up occasionally.

Nick grabs me by my shoulders. "Put her in questioning." Dad says painfully.

However, Nick doesn't move. "What, why? I thought she was in trouble?"

"Put her in the interview room, Adams." Dad scolds as I'm dragged inside by my jacket. Nick holds me tight as I'm dragged into the small square room with two chairs, and one table. There's a chain with handcuffs on the table. For me, I'm assuming.

"What did you do?" Nick asks harshly, probably thinking that I killed someone or something.

"Fucking misunderstanding, that's what it is." I say as I pull the chair back and take a seat.

Nick grabs the handcuffs and looks at me.

"Uh. No." I shake my head slowly.

"Yes. You'll be out of here soon. I promise," he nods for my hands and I willingly give them to him. "This is a lot less kinky than I thought it would be." He chuckles.

"Keep dreaming, deputy."

"No, but seriously, what did you do?" He asks.

"I uh-" just as I'm about to say something, Dad comes crashing through the doors.

"Nick. Can I speak with you for a moment?" He asks as both men leave quickly.

So there I am, returned to staring at the mirroring glass covering the wall in front of me. The silence is enough to make my ears bleed.

Suddenly I begin creating stories over and over again. Plenty of them. None of which that they will believe. I'm going to have to tell them the truth. Parts of it, that is.

Soon Nick returns into the room. He holds a file which he places into the table. But he is utterly and deadly silent. His face is serious, which makes me cringe.

"Where is Dad?" I question.

"I'll be the one interviewing you." Nick says, his voice muffled with an unknown emotion. He is keeping something from me. He is clearly disappointed. His hatred towards me is practically radiating off him in waves.

Then all at once he places the three files on the table.

Simone Braxton/Alexander.
Mason Parker.
Malachai Parker.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

174K 8.6K 54
"Ahhh!!!" The man's body falls to the floor limp and I fall to the floor out of terror, "Why are you screaming? I saved you from being raped." I loo...
24.3K 560 32
ʸᵒᵘ ˢᵃⁱᵈ ⁱᵗ ʷᵃˢ ᵗʳᵘᵉ ˡᵒᵛᵉ, ᵇᵘᵗ ʷᵒᵘˡᵈⁿ'ᵗ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵇᵉ ʰᵃʳᵈ? ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵃⁿ'ᵗ ˡᵒᵛᵉ ᵃⁿʸᵒⁿᵉ 'ᶜᵃᵘˢᵉ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʷᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵐᵉᵃⁿ ʸᵒᵘ ʰᵃᵈ ᵃ ʰᵉᵃʳᵗ ᴵ ᵗʳⁱᵉᵈ ʸᵒᵘ ʰᵉˡᵖ ʸᵒᵘ ᵒᵘᵗ ⁿᵒʷ ᴵ ᵏⁿᵒ...
16.8K 1.8K 32
For hundreds of years, the village of Noctu has been sacrificing a girl between the ages of 18-25. This year Adalind was chosen and Tae was beside hi...
205 2 16
Emily is a patient at an asylum. Her past is unknown, as well as her last name. All they know of her is that she is short-tempered, manipulative, and...