𝐅𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐈𝐋𝐄 | 𝐅. 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐆...

By peachyhxlland

┍━━━━━━━┑ ⠀ 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐃 ┕━━━━━━━┙ ❝ 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬. ❞ ⠀⠀⤑ who would've thought tha... More

Fragile
Characters
Changes
Chapter One: Wakey-Wakey, Little Sunshine
Chapter Two: Pinch Me, I Must Be High As A Kite
Chapter Four: You Won't Be Going Alone
Chapter Five: My Grandfather Hates Twinkies
Chapter Six: You're In Love With The Little Gremlin
Chapter Seven: You Can't Protect Everyone Everyday
Chapter Eight: Long Time No See Roommate
Chapter Nine: Give Me A Day Or Two
Chapter Ten: He's Cute But A Little Psycho
Chapter Eleven: My Whole Life Was Wasted
Chapter Twelve: You're In Love, Five
Chapter Thirteen: Why Do You Call Her By Her Number?
Chapter Fourteen: I Can Throw You Right Into That Wall, Old Man
Chapter Fifteen: I Can't Lose Him
Chapter Sixteen: I'm Sorry
Chapter Seventeen: You Rumored Me
Chapter Eighteen: Leonard Peabody Is Harold Jenkins
Chapter Nineteen: Tomorrow Sounds Good
Chapter Twenty: Who's In Control?
Fun Facts
Deleted Scene #1: Talk In The Car
Deleted Scene #2: Let Me Out
Deleted Scene #3: Where's Vanya?
Bonus Chapter #1: Where's Eight?
Second Book
Fanart
please read !!!

Chapter Three: We'll Be Fine, Okay?

54.6K 1.5K 3.7K
By peachyhxlland

THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY
fragile || five hargreeves x reader

CHAPTER THREE: WE'LL BE FINE, OKAY?

Written By: peachyhxlland

°•.☆.•°

"What's the date? The exact date?" Five questioned his siblings who were still amused and surprised with what they're seeing. They were just as surprised when they saw you too.

Five grabbed something from the kitchen while Vanya decided to answer. "The 24th."

"Of what?"

"March."

"Good."

"Good?" You asked him who glanced at you for a second before going back to whatever he's doing.

"So, are we gonna talk about what just happened?" Luther asked.

Five remained quiet as he made his sandwich just as he wanted when he was a kid. You, who was sitting beside Klaus on the table, looked at Five eagerly, waiting for an answer. When Luther got no answer from the boy, he stood up. "It's been 17 years."

Five looked up to Luther and scoffed. "It's been a lot longer than that." He then spatial jumped to get the pack of marshmallows, that you didn't even know that there was one there, which made Luther startled a bit. "I haven't missed that."

"Where'd you go?" Diego asked.

"The future. It's shit, by the way."

"Called it!" Klaus suddenly screamed causing you to jump in surprise.

"I should've listened to the old man." Five sighed as he walked towards the fridge and took the peanut butter. "You know, jumping through space is one thing, jumping through time is a toss of the dice."

Five looked up and down at Klaus before looking back at the sandwich he's making. "Nice dress." He complimented.

Klaus looked down at the skirt he was wearing and smiled. "Oh, well, danke!"

"Wait, how did you get back?" Vanya asked Five.

"In the end, I had to project my consciousness forward into a suspended quantum state version of myself that exists across every possible instance of time." Five explained to his siblings and obviously, they didn't quite understand him.

"That makes no sense." Diego commented.

"Well, it would if you were smarter."

You instantly looked up at Diego who stood up, ready to throw the boy out of the room but gladly, Luther stopped him. Luther sighed. "How long were you there?" You took a glass of water and drank it as you waited for Five to reply.

"Twenty-five years. Give or take."

You choked on your drink, flinching Five on your sudden action. Diego and Luther sat back down in surprise while the other siblings stared at him in disbelief. "So what are you saying? That you're 38?"

"No, my consciousness is 38. Apparently, my body is now 16 again." Five said as he munched his sandwich down.

"Wait, how does that even work?" You asked. "Cause apparently, I am now having cru-" You stopped your sentence immediately, earning confused looks from your brothers and sisters but a smirk from Klaus.

"Delores kept saying the equations were off. Eh. Bet she's laughing now."

"Delores?" Vanya asked.

Five ignored Vanya's question and a newspaper caught his attention. "Hmm. Guess I missed the funeral."

"How'd you know about that?" Luther asked a dumb question.

"What part of the future do you not understand? Heart failure, huh?"

"Yeah," Diego answered before Luther can but Luther answered anyway.

"No."

"Hmm.. nice to see nothing's changed."

You all watched as Five walked towards the door, ready to leave but Allison stopped him. "Uh, that's it? That's all you have to say?"

"What else is there to say? The circle of life." Five said before completely walking out of the kitchen, heading towards his room.

"Well... that was interesting."

You jumped out of the table and fixed your jacket. "I'm gonna got talk to him."

"In his bedroom?" Klaus asked.

"Well he's there, isn't he?"

"Use protection!"

"Klaus!" Allison scolded, hitting Klaus' arm while you left the kitchen, blushing madly. You head upstairs and looked for his room. You found his door open and you entered the room without him noticing.

Five was looking for some clothes and found that he only has school uniforms. He rolled his eyes. "Ah, shit." He took one uniform out of his closet and turned around so he could change it until he saw you sitting on his bed.

He jumped for a bit before hanging his mouth open in surprise. "What are you doing here?"

"You barely talked to me." You pointed out as you grabbed the untouched pillow for 17 years, hugging it as you pushed your knees towards you. "Are you still mad about that sandwich 17 years ago?"

"I already told everything back in the kitchen."

"Had a feeling that you didn't tell us everything."

Five scoffed as he removed his oversized suit. "You haven't even told me why you're also in a 16-year-old body."

"It's 15 and I don't remember."

Five looked at you with a raised eyebrow. "How could you not remember?"

"The last thing I remember was that I was in my 20s until POOF, I woke up back in the Academy with no memories on why I'm even on a 15-year-old body."

"Pogo probably knows something."

"I haven't asked him yet."

"Why not?"

"Never had a perfect time and I'm also here with you now, so..."

Five slightly scoffed as he started unbutton his shirt. "Then why are you here instead of asking questions to Pogo about what happened?"

You stayed silent and looked down, playing the hem of the pillowcase. "I don't know... I've missed you I guess..."

Five bit his cheek from inside and fought the urge to blush right in front of you. 'Calm down, Five. The apocalypse is coming and you have no time for this.'

You looked up at Five who starting to put his clothes on causing you to look away. "Must have sucked while you're in there. You, alone, in the future."

"I'm not entirely alone." Five grumbled as he tied his necktie on, almost done dressing up. "And I'm still mad about that sandwich."

"Five, knock it off, it's been years. I can't believe you're still mad at that."

Five slightly chuckled, the first chuckle you've ever heard from the moment he came back. It's been 17 years since you've heard him laughing nor seen him smiling. You missed it. Five shoved his hands on his shorts' pockets and smiled at you. "I can never be mad at you. Never in a million years, Eight."

°•○●○•°

You and Five went outside with your umbrellas on. Luther was going to scatter Reginald's dust on the ground. The others have umbrellas on while Diego and Luther doesn't have one. Klaus had like a kid's umbrella and you wondered how he got it.

"Did something happened?" Grace, your mother, asked, clueless about what's happening.

"Dad died. Remember?" Allison reminded Grace who blinked in sadness. "Oh. Yes, of course."

"Is Mom okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, she's fine." Diego assured Allison. "She just needs to rest. You know, recharge."

Pogo finally came with his own umbrella in hand and a cane with his other hand. You squinted your eyes at Pogo, still wondering if he does know something about what happened to you. Well, of course, he does. You're wondering if he would ever tell you. "Whenever you're ready, dear boy." Pogo told Luther.

Luther opened the jar and scattered the ashes down but it wasn't as dramatic as you have seen in some movies. Klaus scrunched his face with a cigarette on his hand as he saw the ashes getting wet from the rain.

"Probably would have been better with some wind." Luther commented.

"Does anyone wish to speak?" Pogo asked, hopeful that some of you will speak some kind words to the late Reginald Hargreeves. Getting no response, Pogo sighed. "Very well. In all regards, Sir Reginald Hargreeves made me what I am today. For that alone, I shall forever be in his debt. He was my master... and my friend, and I shall miss him very much. He leaves behind a complicated legacy-"

"He was a monster." Diego interrupted Pogo's speech which you don't mind. As much as you love how beautiful Pogo's words are for Reginald, a monster was definitely the right term for the dead man. Klaus laughed at Diego's statement. "He was a bad person and a worse father. The world's better off without him."

"Diego." Allison scolded.

"My name is Number Two. You know why? Because our father couldn't be bothered to give us actual names. He had Mom to do it."

"Would anyone like something to eat?" Grace asked out of nowhere. Vanya turned to her. "No, it's okay, Mom."

"Oh, okay."

"Look, you wanna pay your respects?" Diego stepped forward to face everyone. "Go ahead. But at least be honest about the kind of man he was."

"You should stop talking now," Luther warned.

The two started talking angrily at each other and you leaned into Five. "There's no doubt that those two would start fighting."

"50 bucks they'll even start killing each other." Five smirked.

"You don't have money, Five."

"Neither do you, Eight."

The two boys started fighting to no one's surprise. Vanya stepped away from the two with Mom while Allison rolled her eyes in annoyance. "Boys, stop this at once!" Pogo exclaimed.

Klaus stepped back and stretched an arm to protect you and Five but Five just swatted his arm away.

"Stop it!"

"Hit him! Hit him!"

Pogo sighed and scoffed, turning around to get back inside the house, obviously done with those shitheads who kept on fighting.

You rolled your eyes and closed your umbrella causing Five to pulled you close to him, not letting you stand without an umbrella on. You glanced at him before throwing your umbrella at the two grown men fighting. Luther and Diego dodged the umbrella and looked at you. You crossed your arms. "Enough, both of you. You two are acting like children."

"Well if Diego didn't disrespect Dad—"

"You started it!"

The two continued to fight causing you to throw your hands in the air, giving up. "I should've stabbed them both with that umbrella."

"Come on." Five said as he brought you along inside.

Just as Five stepped inside the house, you heard something broke. You stopped on your tracks and quickly went outside again not caring if you got wet from the rain, only to find Ben's statue broken, his head was away from the body.

"Oh..." Klaus gasped sadly.

"Annnd there goes Ben's statue." Allison sighed as she turned around to head back inside. You saw Diego pulling out a knife causing your eyes to widen.

"Diego, no!" Vanya yelled.

You stretched your arm and moved the knife away with your mind but it made a cut Luther's arm. Luther gasped and quickly went inside, passing you by. He stopped for a moment and looked at you. "Th-Thank you."

"That doesn't mean I have forgiven you for thinking that I killed father." You told him before heading inside the house

°•○●○•°

"Five's cheating!"

You frowned as Five used his spatial jumped to be first so you decided to use your powers as well. Your eyes glowed red and a reddish, glowing mist-like shapes on your hands. Your siblings stopped running, including Five and it was all because of your powers. You smiled to yourself and casually walked past them.

"(Y/n)!" Allison gasped but ended up laughing.

"Come on that's not fair!" Five frowned. "And that's coming from me!"

Once you were a few feet away from your siblings, you let them go and you and your siblings started racing to the top. "Dad! (Y/n) and Five cheated!"

"They have adapted." Reginald said simply as he took some notes.

After the training, it was time for getting tattoos. Yeah, kids having tattoos at their early age. You clutched your blue jacket tightly as you bit your lip nervously. You were scared and Five obviously noticed this. Not only were you biting your lip but you were also shaking in fear.

Five rested his hand on top of yours in comfort. You looked up at him and saw him not looking back at you. You gave him a smile and placed your other hand on top of his, also comforting him.

Even if he isn't good with emotions nor showing them, you knew he was scared and nervous just as you are. You felt Five slumped his shoulders down and finally looked at you. "We'll get through this, Eight."

"I know, Five. I'm just... scared."

"This is just a needle with an ink. We're still going to encounter more dangerous things than this. We'll be fine, okay? Together."

Ben turned to you and Five and looked down at his lap. Five has never been a soft person nor was a comforting one but he can if he's around you. You make him soft and weak. You were like his weakness.

Ben wanted to be like Five. To be the one who's always around you, to be the one holding your hand in comfort, and to be closer to you.

If it isn't obvious, Ben has a small crush on you and was getting a little jealous of Five being around you. He wanted to walk up to you and ask to hang out with him all the time but he never had the courage to do so.

You were completely oblivious with the boys having a crush on you even if sometimes, the boys are too obvious on having a crush on you. You were too clueless. Probably because there was only one boy that you like so much.

Five doesn't know about Ben's crush on you and just thought that he was the only boy who likes you.

"Number Eight."

You gulped hard as you slowly stood up and stared down at the chair like it was going to kill you. Five held your hand again and nodded at you. "You can do this, Eight. It'll be over soon."

-•-°-•-°-☆

All chapters were made and ready to publish. I'll post the next chapter on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 6 pm (Philippine Time). Have a good day!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5K 95 43
CRINGE WARNING I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS DUMB AND EMOTIONAL 𝓐𝓷 𝓐𝓲𝓭𝓪𝓷𝓖𝓪𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓰𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓻𝔂 𝓪𝓫𝓸𝓾𝓽 𝓪 𝓽𝔂𝓹𝓮 𝓸𝓯 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓽𝓱�...
7.6K 185 18
- ✰ - "𝗔𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲?" 𝗔𝗶𝗱𝗮𝗻 𝗮𝘀𝗸𝘀, 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗱𝗮𝗿𝗸 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗸 𝗲𝘆𝗲𝗯𝗿𝗼𝘄𝘀 𝘁𝗼𝗴𝗲𝘁𝗵𝗲...
12.3K 213 29
Hey, if you were here since the first book, you're officially apart of my Wattpad family and I love you. If you're new, go check out my first book...
280K 7.7K 38
(Y/n) was one of the lucky 43 children mysteriously born on October 1, 1989. Her parents however, refused to give her up to Hargreeves, but her fathe...