MLP FiM: The Hero of Equestri...

By TheNintegaGuy

The story of (Y/N) and the Mane 6 continues in Season 2, as they face more challenges in friendship together... More

Author's Notes: Recap and Changes
Chapter 1: The Return of Harmony - Part 1
Chapter 2: The Return of Harmony - Part 2
Chapter 3: Lesson Zero
Chapter 4: Luna Eclipsed
Chapter 5: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better
Chapter 6: A Sweet Secret of My Excess
Chapter 7: Hearth's Warming Eve
Chapter 8: Baby Cakes
Chapter 9: The Last Roundup
Chapter 10: The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000
Chapter 11: Read It and Weep
Chapter 12: Hearts and Hooves Day
Chapter 13: A Hoof in Time
Chapter 14: Hurricane Fluttershy
Chapter 15: Ponyville Confidential
Chapter 17: A Canterlot Wedding - Part 1
Final Chapter: A Canterlot Wedding - Part 2

Chapter 16: MMMystery on the Friendship Express

14.8K 271 451
By TheNintegaGuy

Today in Sugarcube Corner, Pinkie is seen with both of the Cakes as they were in front of a large cake that had pale yellow icing, with bright pink trim around the bottom edges, an apple and orange rest on top, and the rest of the four layers also had red flowers. This cake was meant to be for the National Dessert Competition in Canterlot and Pinkie Pie was in charge of taking it there.

Pinkie Pie: Marzipan Mascarpone Meringue Madness. You've really outdone yourselves, Mr. and Mrs. Cake. This is sure to be the winning entry of this year's national dessert competition!

Mrs. Cake: Oh, thank you, Pinkie!

Mr. Cake: And thanks for transporting it all the way to Canterlot for us.

Pinkie Pie: Absolutely! It's my honor and I-

Applejack then interrupts her very hastily.

Applejack: Uh, beg pardon, but could we maybe move things along? This here cake's a mite heavy. Right, Big McIntosh?

It is revealed that Big Mac has the thing balanced on his back and is struggling not to hit the floor.

Big Mac: Eeyup. . .!

Pinkie Pie: Alrighty then, Big Mac!

Pinkie then puts on a hard hat with a top-mounted red light, which begins to flash.

Pinkie Pie: To the train depot!

She then backs out of the bakery, turning herself into the pony equivalent of a pilot car escorting a big rig with an oversize load, and Big Mac eases after her. Barricades have been set up to keep the crowd back from the side door, where she is leading him out. The Cakes then follow behind both of them to keep watch of their large dessert.

Pinkie Pie: That's it, Big Mac, nice and slow. This is precious cargo you're carrying.

The layers on the cake start to wobble a bit, worrying both Mr. and Mrs. Cake.

Mr. Cake: Yes, it took months of planning and testing.

Mrs. Cake: I would hate for it to-

Big Mac groans as his legs buckle, threatening to bring the dessert down around his ears. He muscles it back up to the level.

Mr. and Mrs. Cake: Fall!

Mr. Cake then faints dramatically at the huge pastry almost being destroyed.

Pinkie Pie: Don't worry, Mr. and Mrs. Cake.

She then spots Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash flying in and get's their attention.

Pinkie Pie: Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, a little pegassistance?

The original four, plus the two hovering pegasi who have now attached ropes to the cake platter's handles to help steady it are leading the cake to the depot. A teeter toward Fluttershy's side is met by a countering yank from Rainbow Dash.

Pinkie Pie: I'll get it there safely, you'll see!

This fails to reassure the couple as Mr. Cake starts to sweat and Mrs. Cake forces a laugh.

Mrs. Cake: Ahahah, oh. . . of course, Pinkie.

Mr. Cake: We never doubted you.

However, the next weight shift starts the high-rise confection toppling toward Rainbow and she zips over to Fluttershy's side so they can both haul in the ropes. Balance is restored, but Mrs. Cake's eyes look to pop out of their sockets and Mr. Cake keels over again dramatically.

Pinkie then spots Twilight reading a book and (Y/N) playing with a young filly fangirl and get's both of their attention.

Pinkie Pie: Twilight, (Y/N), can I see you two for a second?

Soon they are both stepping ahead with their horns glowing and eyes narrowed in determination as they walk between Big Mac and the Cakes, keeping a spherical force field around the colossus cake.

Pinkie Pie: A nice protective spell as extra insurance. *nervous laugh* Better safe than sorry.

The two senior bakers alternate panicked glances between Twilight, (Y/N), and the cake, their faces betraying the less-than-total trust they have in this jury-rigged freight move.

Pinkie Pie: AJ, Rarity, one last thing?

Applejack and Rarity, holding up an old-style fireman's safety net similar in appearance to a round trampoline in their teeth on opposite sides. Nine ponies are now helping keep the giant dessert in check, all at once.

Luckily, they were just approaching the train station and Pinkie gives a reassuring smile.

Pinkie Pie: All right, everypony, we're in the home stretch here.

They were so close that the Cakes started freaking out and Mr. Cake was hyperventilating at the pressure that he was feeling.

Pinkie Pie: See, Mr. and Mrs. Cake? I got it here without a hitch!

She then opens the train car door open so that they all could be on their way to Canterlot, but there was a problem.

Pinkie Pie: Now all we have to do is get it. . . in?

Confusion sets in on everypony as event though they have made it there, it quickly becomes apparent that this thing is far too tall and wide to go through the doorway as is. Mr. Cake then dramatically hits the deck for the third time. However, a thought came to (Y/N) as he get's an idea on how to get the cake inside of the train.

(Y/N): I've got an idea.

Pinkie Pie: Really? What is it?

(Y/N): Just going to use some spells, but you have to promise not to freak out, okay?

Pinkie Pie: Uh. . . sure why not?

Twilight then stops glowing her horn as (Y/N) was about to use a spell that could get the large cake inside of the train. He then makes his horn glow immensely as the cake was starting to look transparent. Everypony was surprised by that.

Twilight Sparkle: Whoa! What's that spell, (Y/N)?

(Y/N): Nothing too unusual. It's just an intangibility spell. So, now the cake is like a ghost and we can get it inside without it being ruined.

Both of the Cakes get relieved sighs at that and (Y/N) levitates the entire cake inside of the train.

(Y/N): Alright, everypony in the train car. It's only temporary, so you need to quickly tell me where to place it.

The Mane 6 nod at that as they all run inside of the train to check on the cake that (Y/N) was carrying and they look to see that it wasn't completely in the middle. Pinkie then peeks her head out of the train to instruct (Y/N) on where to place it.

Pinkie Pie: Over to the left!

(Y/N) then levitates the cake in the train to the left, but it was too excessive as it is now peeking out of the the train a little.

Pinkie Pie: No! No! No! Too much left! A little bit to the right!

(Y/N) then slowly moves the cake to the right as Pinkie suggested.

Pinkie Pie: Stop!

The cake stop moving inside of the train as it was now in the middle, but still hovering in the air.

Pinkie Pie: Now lower it just a teeny weeny bit.

(Y/N) starts to sweat as he doesn't know how much longer that he can keep the cake intangible and lowers the cake as instructed slowly until Pinkie gave him the option to stop.

Pinkie Pie: Aaaaaaaaaaaaannnd. . . that's good!

(Y/N) stopped the intangibility spell along with levitating the object and breathed a little heavily.

(Y/N): Good. That was a close one.

(Y/N) then walks inside of the train car to meet up with the rest of his friends as they all stand around the cake together.

(Y/N): Well, that handles that. We're all set for going to Canterlot.

Pinkie Pie: Thanks, (Y/N). And thank you all for helping me get the cake safely on the dessert car.

Twilight Sparkle: Thank you for inviting us all to go with you to Canterlot for the National Dessert Competition.

Rarity: I'm sure the festivities will be just lovely.

Applejack: Phooey on the festivities! I can't wait to try all those tasty treats!

She licks her lips and extends a hoof tentatively toward the sky-high sweetness, only to get it slapped away by (Y/N).

(Y/N): We can eat some cake "after" the competition, Applejack. I can't wait for them to show all of their desserts. It'll be like a talent show! I starting to wonder who will win.

Pinkie Pie: Well, the tastiest treat of all is sure to be the Cakes' Marzipan Mascarpone Meringue Madness. All that rich creamy goodness of the marzipan, combined with the tart tanginess of the mascarpone, blended perfectly with the smooth, silky sweetness of the meringue.

The rest of the Mane 7 look at the cake with awe as Applejack drools and let's her tongue hang out at how delicious the dessert looks.

Pinkie Pie: That's why I call the Marzipan Mascarpone Meringue Madness the "MMMM".

Mane 6: MMMM.

Pinkie Pie: Exactly. It's the most delicious delectable delightful de-lovely cake in Equestria, and it's sure to win first prize.

???: Zis is not so. . .

Standing in an open doorway, a griffon is seen with light gray plumage over dark gray fur, red kerchief tied around neck, white chef's toque, long, thin, curling black mustache, and scornful black eyes with yellow-orange whites. He spoke in a strong French accent.

Gustave Le Grand: For I, Gustave le Grand, do challenge your crude cake to a duel of delectable delicacies against my. . .

He then reveals a plate of éclairs held up in a radiance that sparks a gasp from the group.

Gustave Le Grand: . . .exceptionally Exquisite Éclairs!

The flare has come from a spotlight he held up in his free forelimb. This is switched off and thrown aside as he sets the pastry on a table.

(Y/N): Sacre bleu! Those look golden, monsieur!

Gustave Le Grand: Golden is correct my friend. They will undoubtedly strike down all ze competition, winning first prize and crowning me le champion.

???: Not a chance, le Grand.

A unicorn stallion with a light amber coat, moderate orange mane and tail, moderate sap green eyes, and a donut Cutie Mark then walks inside of the train. This guy was the operator of Spike's favorite Donut Shop in Canterlot, Donut Joe.

Twilight Sparkle: Donut Joe! What are you doing in Ponyville?

Donut Joe: Picking up the final all-important ingredient for my contest entry, Donutopia!

He pulls his cart in to reveal that it stands a range of skyscrapers built from varicolored donuts, with little strips of icing around the edges as the windows.

(Y/N): Oh man, eating that tasty town will probably fill your tummy with all of Manehattan in it.

Donut Joe: It's won't be just the size and style. . .

He then shakes some sprinkles on the dessert.

Donut Joe: With these super-sprinkles, my donuts are going to dunk all the other lousy desserts, steal first prize, and make my donut shop famous forever! *laughs*

???: Oh, Joe. . . *laughs* Your dippy donuts could never out-rival me. *laughs*

Everypony looks to see another dessert coming through the door which is a life-size chocolate sculpture of a moose on a wheeled platform. Pinkie emerges from her bemused friends with a smile and trots over to address the moose.

Pinkie Pie: Hello. What's your name?

Out from beside the large moose came an elderly female mule with a light brown coat, curly dark gray mane, light blue eyes that match her pearl necklace.

Mulia Mild: I am Mulia Mild. Behold, my Chocolate Mousse Moose.

(Y/N) was about to make a witty joke on that pastry, but he couldn't get one in his head.

(Y/N): I've. . . got nothing for that one.

Mulia Mild: It will trample all your treats, be given first prize, and make me the greatest chef in Equestria.

The other two chefs glare at her and retort to that.

Gustave Le Grand: Madame Mild, you and your mousse moose are mistaken.

Donut Joe: Your frou-frou éclairs will never defeat my donuts!

Pinkie Pie: The Cakes' Marzipan Mascarpone Meringue Madness is going to win!

Mulia Mild: Your simple cake could never take my moose.

The sound of the train whistle puts an end to the trash-talking as it meant that the train is ready for departure. Pinkie and Joe are locked in a full-bore stare-down, as are Gustave and Mulia, however the impasses break at (Y/N)'s approach.

(Y/N): Well, it definitely sounds like we're in for a big, sweet, tasty, and delicious competition tomorrow, but why don't you all let out all of that heat tomorrow? You'll need plenty of sleep to get those tasty treats into Canterlot.

Pinkie's three rivals reluctantly head for the dessert car's rear door, grumbling all the way. The doors to three compartments in this sleeping car are slid shut, leaving Pinkie to stare after them from her spot in the dessert car. Rainbow Dash then flies up beside Pinkie, yawning and stretching.

Rainbow Dash: I gotta admit I'm pretty beat.

Applejack: Yeah, I'm gonna hit the hay myself.

A general move toward the rear door is thwarted when the pink pony blocks the passage.

Pinkie Pie: Wait! Didn't you hear those chefs? We have to protect "MMMM".

Rarity: MMMM?

Pinkie Pie: Mmm-hmmm. I know for super sure that "MMMM" is the best dessert in all of Equestria, and I know that they know it too.

Rainbow Dash: So. . .

Pinkie Pie: So. . . one of them is going to sabotage the Cakes' cake tonight! You have to help me stand guard!

Her friends however just stare at her with disbelief.

Twilight Sparkle: Pinkie. . . you're overreacting.

Applejack: Yeah, those chefs aren't going to do your cake any harm.

Pinkie then squeezes Applejack's cheeks with a look of worry.

Pinkie Pie: But they are! I just know it.

Rainbow Dash: Fine! If you want to stand guard, go for it. We're going to bed.

Rainbow flies over Pinkie's head, carving a divot through the fluffy magenta mane that instantly seals itself. The rest of the Mane 7 then walk past her to go into their sleeper cars. . . well, the rest but one.

(Y/N) walks up to Pinkie.

(Y/N): You're really that desperate to win, huh?

Pinkie nods vigorously at that and (Y/N) sighs.

(Y/N): Tell you what? I'll help you nightguard the cake.

Pinkie got excited to hear that.

Pinkie Pie: Really?

(Y/N): Really.

Pinkie Pie: Really, really?!

(Y/N) rolls his eyes at that and smirks.

(Y/N): Yes. Really, really, Pinkie.

Pinkie Pie: Yay! Thanks (Y/N)!

She then gives (Y/N) a tight hug which he returns before Pinkie leaps up onto the cake table as an equine shield.

Pinkie Pie: Come on, (Y/N)! We've got to stay up all night and protect MMMM. This cake is secured on this perimeter! Let's let nothing happen to it!

(Y/N) then playfully salutes to that.

(Y/N): Yes, ma'am!

It is now nighttime as the lights in the train car have been put out, and the night sky can be seen through the half-raised window shades. Pinkie grimly paces the floor in front of it while (Y/N) just glows his horn to sense anypony's energy coming their way. So far for the night, nopony has even tried to sabatoge the cake.

Later, they both stood guard on the opposite sides of the cake to keep a close eye on it. However, hour after hour in the night, they both start to get fatigued as they were getting tired from just staring at the cake the entire night.

Eventually, they both almost fell asleep due to staying up late at night, but that all is interrupted when the blur of a shadow whisks right past them.

Pinkie Pie: What was that?!

(Y/N) then spots the figure quickly exiting the train car and points to it.

(Y/N): There! Follow me!

(Y/N) runs after the figure as Pinkie follows him to try and catch the culprit.

Pinkie Pie: Get that saboteur!

As (Y/N) and Pinkie pursue the intruder from car to car, they eventually ended up in the caboose car of the car outside. (Y/N) stops instantly and Pinkie skids to a halt bumping into (Y/N) as they both look around to see that they were they only ponies in the area.

(Y/N): Where could they have gone after this?! This is the back of the train!

They both then return to the dessert car, and found a silhouette that looked to cap on across the car from where they are. As soon as it ducks out of view, Pinkie grits her teeth and races after it with (Y/N) following right behind her. They then end up near the front of the train which Pinkie opens to catch the culprit.

Pinkie Pie: Aha!

However it is then seen that the second mystery figure stands here, shoveling coal into the engine's furnace it remains as only a silhouette due to the glare from the flames. Pinkie and (Y/N) look at each other for a second confused having had no luck in catching would-be cake-nappers so far before they both retreat back towards home base. Pinkie peeks in with a nervous little cry, but the MMMM was still intact. (Y/N) just raises an eyebrow.

(Y/N): You know, I hate to say it, but I think we're getting a bit paranoid.

Pinkie grabs (Y/N)'s cheeks and brings him up to her face surprised from that.

Pinkie Pie: Are you crazy?! One of those bakers is mixing up something bad! For all we know, Mulia Mild could be an undercover ninja, Donut Joe could be hiding knockout gas in here somewhere, Gustave Le Grand could be making an ambush right now with tons of utensils ready to slice the cake in half!

(Y/N) was just baffled that Pinkie's actually that paranoid.

(Y/N): . . .I really don't think that they're sinister enough to lay booby traps around here.

Pinkie then giggles at little which made (Y/N) confused.

(Y/N): What's so funny?

Pinkie Pie: *giggles* You said "trap."

(Y/N) playfully rolls his eyes at Pinkie's silliness even when she tries to be serious at times.

Suddenly, all the window shades pull themselves shut to black out the screen which causes a gasp to come from both of them.

Pinkie Pie: Huh? Who turned out the moon?

Footsteps are then heard which got (Y/N)'s attention.

(Y/N): Someone's here! Hey! Who's there!?

Pinkie Pie: Don't go near that cake, thief!

Both each run around in the dark to try and catch the culprit as they were both galloping all around the dark.

(Y/N): Get back here!

A soft squelch is then heard too as if someone was munching on something.

Pinkie Pie: Stop thief!

A bang was then heard too which sounded like someone ran into something.

(Y/N): Whoa! Got ya!

(Y/N) tries to tackle wherever it came and pins them down.

(Y/N): Pinkie! I've got the culprit!

Pinkie Pie: Oh. . . that's me actually, (Y/N).

(Y/N): Oh, sorry!

(Y/N) couldn't see it, but he instantly got off of Pinkie and if light was showing, they would probably be blushing right now.

The lights come back up as both Pinkie and (Y/N) look around for anything that they see that's unusual and (Y/N) what spots is a painting hanging by the rear door that has been knocked askew.

(Y/N): Pinkie, look! That painting is crooked. The culprit must have went this way!

Sliding the rear door open, Pinkie and (Y/N) look through as Pinkie aims a menacing growl down the empty corridor of the sleeping car, before looking at the picture again. (Y/N) then uses his magic to straighten up the painting before they both return to the cake.

(Y/N): I take back what I said on us being paranoid. Someone is clearly trying to get a bite out of the cake.

Pinkie Pie: And Twilight says I'm overreacting? I knew I was going to have to keep a close eye on the MMMM (Y/N), and that's exactly what we're going to do.

(Y/N): You're right! Let's keep guarding it, until morning!

Pinkie looks the cake with her most ruthless stare, her front hooves propped on the table's edge so she can watch it from point-blank range while (Y/N) also glares at the cake so that they can both keep a close eye on it.

However, they both in just a few seconds fall to the floor at an instant, going to sleep as they snore with great vigor.

It is now morning as (Y/N) and Pinkie were both asleep peacefully, but that's not all. . .

Pinkie was laying on top of (Y/N) using his chest like a pillow and (Y/N) apparently had one of his hooves wrapped around Pinkie as if he was trying to hold her closer.

Daylight shines through the windows, and a rooster's crowing from outside to cause both of them to wake up. They both open their eyes to then look at each other for a second before realizing what position they were in.

Both of their faces turn red and they let out small gasps, however Pinkie soon got a smirk on her face.

Pinkie Pie: Oooh~. Looks like somepony has the urge to try "pie" more than cake~.

(Y/N) goes even more red from that as he got flustered.

(Y/N): W-What?! N-N-No! I wasn't- P-Pinkie, honest I didn't think. . .!

Pinkie then rolls on her back laughing from (Y/N)'s reaction while he just had an embarrassed face.

Pinkie Pie: I'm messing with you, (Y/N)! *laughs* You should see you face right now! *laughs*

(Y/N) groans and put his hooves over his face at Pinkie teasing him.

(Y/N): Pinkie, please don't tease me like that! I didn't know that we would end up like that at all! Honest!

Pinkie simply just giggles with a smile on her face.

Pinkie Pie: Don't worry, (Y/N). I believe you. I wasn't expecting it either.

(Y/N): *sighs* Anyways. . . *gasps* We fell asleep!

Pinkie realizes what (Y/N) just said as he meant that they weren't guarding the cake the rest of the night.

Pinkie Pie: *gasps* The cake!

Pinkie rushes up to the cake and finds that it's still untouched from the night which makes her beam.

Pinkie Pie: Oh, MMMM, you look mmmm-marvelous.

(Y/N) looks at the cake as well and it does look intact.

(Y/N): It does look mmmm-marvelous, doesn't it?

(Y/N) then walks around to inspect the rest of the cake and when he get's to a certain section, he gasps with a look of horror at what he saw.

(Y/N): P-Pinkie. . . I think that you're mmmm-marvelous is about to turn into. . . mmmm-mortifying.

Pinkie Pie: Huh? What do you mean?

(Y/N): Look at this.

(Y/N) begins to rotate the platter, exposing a sizable gouge taken from this layer.

Pinkie Pie: Look at. . . what?!

(Y/N)'s turns the platter of the cake to reveal all the damage: every tier except the uppermost one has had a chunk taken out of it. The mess had been disguised by keeping it turned to the wall.

Pinkie then sucks in a lung-bursting gasp as her pupils shrink to points and her face makes ready to get off this crazy train under its own power and after a few seconds of complete shock of the reveal that the cake is eaten. . .

Pinkie screams so loud that it wakes everypony else up as they all came to the car filled with the desserts.

Applejack: What is it?

Rainbow Dash: What happened?

Pinkie Pie: It's the Marzipan Mascarpone Meringue Madness, it's been. . . mutilated!

Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie, Rarity, Twilight and all three of the other bakers let out gasps from this. Pinkie then turns to the cake with a serious look.

Pinkie Pie: Now we just need to find out who done it.

Twilight Sparkle: You mean, who "did" it.

Pinkie Pie: Exactly. Who did-done-dood it.

(Y/N): Well, gang. Looks like we've got a mystery on our hooves.

Pinkie Pie: You're right, (Y/N)!

The hyperactive mare leans over to him, carrying a checked, two-tone gray deerstalker hat of the sort often worn by Sherlock Holmes in illustrations and films. She tosses the hat onto her own head and lashes out her tongue to catch the pipe, which she uses to blow a cluster of soap bubbles. One of these envelops Twilight's head and grows for a moment, comically distorting her face before it bursts. Pinkie then inspects the cake while balancing the pipe on a front hoof.

Pinkie Pie: And as chief detective, that's exactly what I'm gonna do.

Applejack: Uh, you're investigatin'?

Pinkie Pie: Yes!

She then plunks a spiky black hair wig on (Y/N)'s head confusing him.

Pinkie Pie: Now (Y/N), usually I would account somepony else as my lowly assistant who asks silly questions with obvious answers, but instead I'll make you the good looking and charming lawyer slash interrogator.

(Y/N): Well. . . okay. Kind of silly, but I'll play along.

Pinkie Pie: Great! Now, normally the first thing that we should do is keep our eyes out for clues, but that won't be necessary. . .

(Y/N): *sarcastically* Yeah, thanks Daphne. I think looking for clues is the first you do in a crime investigation.

Pinkie Pie: But you're wrong, (Y/N)! 'Cause I know who did it.

A round of gasps came from everypony and (Y/N) gave Pinkie an unconvinced look.

(Y/N): Pinkie, how could you possibly know who the culprit is in just a few minutes?

Pinkie Pie: How could I possibly not know? Clearly this dastardly deed was done by the baker, who knew their dessert could not measure up to the mastery of the Marzipan Mascarpone Meringue Madness. I guess you feared your éclairs lacked flair, Gustave!

Gustave get's a worried look as Pinkie accuses him first.

(Gustave Le Grand's Accusation)

The background has taken on the scratchy, faded quality of an old black-and-white silent movie, with an appropriate piano soundtrack. Gustave swirls along the dessert car to loom behind Pinkie and (Y/N), who were watching the cake closely. He tries to snatch at the uppermost tier, only to get his talons batted away by Pinkie and back off.

An intertitle then shows the word "Ouch" in the film.

Pinkie and (Y/N) turn towards him and round on him furiously.

The intertitle then says "Get your claws off of that cake you cur!"

Before they can say anything further, they are both grabbed up by Gustave and securely lashed to the train tracks. He stands over them, laughs, and runs off. Down the way, a growing pinpoint of light marks the train's rapid approach. Pinkie mouth falls open, an intertitle then shows "Oh goodness" before (Y/N) got a serious look and glows his horn to then teleport both of them off of the tracks, but lose the train.

On the train, Gustave yanks a lever as far as it will go and a circular saw blade, positioned over one end of a conveyor belt inside the train spins up towards the cake that has been placed on this belt, which begins to carry it toward the saw, and Gustave zips in to gloat and twirl his mustache.

An intertitle then plays the phrase "Muah ha ha!"

Gustave laughs some more as gobbets of cake and icing spatter back over him and the saw has done the dirty work.

(End of Story)

The griffon chef was dumbfounded by this as Pinkie leans hard into his face, balanced on Mulia's head and back.

Pinkie Pie: Thus, destroying the cake and the Cakes' chance of winning the National Dessert Competition.

(Y/N): Pinkie, you made way too many false claims with that story.

Pinkie then rushes up to (Y/N).

Pinkie Pie: What do you mean, my charming interrogator?

(Y/N): Well, first you know that I was with you the whole time right?

Pinkie Pie: Yes.

(Y/N): We weren't tied to any train tracks or lost sight of the train in any way. If that was possible, then neither of us would even be standing right here.

Pinkie Pie: Huh. You make a good point, (Y/N).

(Y/N): And second, the cake hasn't been sliced. It's been bitten. Just look at the teeth marks! They go from the bottom, all the way to the top layer of the cake.

Pinkie leans in close to the cake blows out more bubbles.

Pinkie Pie: Hm. . . You're right, my fine fellow.

(Y/N): BUT HOLD IT! There is one thing that makes Gustave a possible culprit!

Everypony turned there eyes to (Y/N) as he got a serious look and walked up to Gustave who was still looking a little nervous.

(Y/N): There was one thing that I noticed as Pinkie was giving the story about Gustave. I observed his movements and his entire body for any suspicious clues! And in turn, I did find one.

(Y/N) looks at Gustave straight in the face sternly.

(Y/N): Tell me Gustave, if you weren't a possible witness in the scene of the crime, how would it explain. . .

(Y/N) then pulls on Gustave's mustache and he reveals. . .

(Y/N): This chocolate hiding on your mustache!

Everypony gasped at that and Rarity fainted dramatically at that.

Twilight Sparkle: Oh! That was good!

(Y/N): Clearly you were apparently eating something very sweet indeed!

Gustave gulps and sweats at that and Pinkie hops to give a glare to him.

Pinkie Pie: Ha ha! (Y/N) has caught you, Gustave! Fess up!

(Y/N): Now Pinkie, hold on. I said that he was a "possible" culprit. We don't know all of the details yet.

Pinkie Pie then paces back to the other ponies responsible for the crime.

Pinkie Pie: Gustave le Grand is our first accusation, but not our full culprit, which means the "MMMM" was probably destroyed by another baker. A baker who's donuts are do-nots. That's right, it was Joe!

Pinkie thrusts an accusing hoof into his face which surprises Joe.

(Donut Joe's Accusation)

A frosted donut with sprinkles travels from left to right, leaving a series of ghost images behind itself that quickly fade away. The effect is from the "gun barrel" opening sequence of the James Bond films. The donut's hole is filled in with pale blue-white light and when it reaches the right edge, a grim Joe walks into the hole, now wearing a tuxedo jacket and shirt with a red bow tie and toting a set of saddlebags, and the donut tracks his movement from right to left.

Pinkie Pie: Or as he's known the spy world, Mane. Con Mane.

Producing a couple of donuts from a pocket, Joe bites down hard enough to send out a squirt of purple jelly that oozes down over the screen.

The background then becomes the starry night sky as the train's chuffing is heard and inside, Joe is seen in a lounge bar/car enjoying a frothy ice cream soda in the company of three admiring and giggling mares, but his attention is diverted by the beeping of a small high tech wristwatch on a foreleg. The green monochrome display shows a railroad track, a pony alongside, and a bomb being set to blow the works apart. Setting the soda on one of the mares' head, he brusquely takes his leave of the gathering.

Inside of the train, both Pinkie and (Y/N) are both wearing a security guard's hat and watching the Cakes' creation intently in a darkened car. Joe nips up, keeping himself plastered against the wall to avoid being seen, and slaps a device onto the pane. A glass-cutter blade extends from this and swings through one full circle and then the cut piece falls away, taking the tool with it, and a small ball is flung through the new opening. It bounces across the floor, stops in front of Pinkie and (Y/N), and lets go with a burst of gas that sends them to the floor, unconscious.

Joe takes a moment to straighten his tie. Its knot emits a jet of powder that spreads into a cloud and illuminates a net of laser beams, which encircle the cake closely as a security measure. These are easily redirected thanks to a hand mirror in his teeth. A moment later he swings them down through all four tiers. The apple at the base falls apart, neatly cleaved in two, and the entire assembly comes down in a tumble of frosted chunks. Two mares then drape themselves over him in a flash as he gives a debonair smile that shifts into a contemptuous sneer.

(End of Story)

Back in reality, Joe appears visibly unnerved as Pinkie leans into his face.

Pinkie Pie: Crushing the Cakes' chances to win!

(Y/N) then as if he was in a court points to Pinkie with his hoof.

(Y/N): OBJECTION! We did not have any laser beam security at the sight of the crime!

Everypony then turned their attention to (Y/N) as he debunks Pinkie's story once again.

(Y/N): And I don't believe any of us know Joe as Con Mane here in Equestria!

Twilight Sparkle: Yeah! He's big, gruff, and messy!

Donut Joe felt offended by that.

Donut Joe: Hey!

Rarity: Although, you would look rather dapper in a tuxedo.

Joe smiles at that as it made him feel less offended.

(Y/N): Perhaps so, Rarity! However, it doesn't stop the fact that he still is a possible culprit!

Pinkie Pie: Oooh. What else did you find, (Y/N)?

(Y/N) then paces back and forth with a serious look on his face.

(Y/N): Twilight definitely got the "messy" part right of our donut making friend here. As when Pinkie was talking, I saw a bit more evidence. . .

The rest of the Mane 7 blinked twice from that with shocked looks.

(Y/N): Look on the ground right in front of Joe.

(Y/N) points to what looks to be crumbs and a frosting like substance on the ground.

(Y/N): When Joe walked in here earlier, that wasn't on the floor from I've saw!

He then gives a stern glare to Joe as the baker starts to sweat as well.

(Y/N): Which means. . .

(Y/N) then uses his magic to reveal that Joe had some of the same things that was on the floor in his hair.

(Y/N): He's clearly was hiding a dessert INSIDE of his hair!

Everypony gasps from that as Joe was flustered at this point that (Y/N) had revealed some dirt on him.

Rainbow Dash: Oh man! He's on fire!

Donut Joe: I. . .I. . . uh. . .

(Y/N): Don't lie. You were also in the car when we were asleep as well, right?

Donut Joe: *sighs* Yes.

(Y/N): However, you're lucky. I'm not going to rest my case just yet. Pinkie, do you have anything else, that you would like to say that involves spies or buzzsaws?

Pinkie Pie: Hmph, you maybe right my good-looking lawyer.

(Y/N): Maybe?!

The pink private eye turns her attention to Mulia's creation.

Pinkie Pie: Now that I'm taking a closer look at these desserts, I see that one simply cannot look me in the eye.

(Y/N): That's because it's a mousse, Pinkie. Not a moose.

Pinkie Pie: Yes, and the mule behind the moose panicked when she saw the mastery of the "MMMM".

(Y/N): So you're assuming the culprit is. . .

Pinkie Pie: Mulia Mild!

Pinkie takes a glare at the said mule.

(Mulia Mild's Accusation)

At night once again as the train speeds by, Mulia drops into view, clad in a black ninja outfit that covers everything but her eyes and snout, and lands in a crouch. With a stoic face, she sprints and somersaults her way toward the front of the train as the sun begins to rise. Pinkie and (Y/N) are seen once again on cake-guarding duty and wearing their hats from the Joe scenario. When they turn and walk off, the stealthy mule is exposed at the far end.

Mulia hurls herself into a leap, the screen snapping to black and tiling itself with three panels. Left half: Pinkie and (Y/N). Top right quarter: Mulia raising something. Bottom right quarter: the item, a frying pan. It is swung down in all three panels as it hits both Pinkie and (Y/N) their irises and pupils contract to points and where they crumple to the floor. Next the baker-turned-ninja darts across the car, dropping the cookware and unsheathing a katana in whose blade the cake's reflection becomes visible.

The view changes to a horizontally split screen, with Mulia charging left to right in the top half and the cake slowly moving in the opposite direction across the bottom. She raises her blade as three slashes of light appear one by one. Mulia lands in front of it on her hind legs, holding the katana with its point upward and after a few seconds, the cake falls apart into sugary frosted rubble.

Pinkie Pie: Putting an end to the Cakes' dreams of taking first prize.

(End of Story)

In reality, Pinkie is leaning hard into Mulia's flinching face with a hard glare.

Pinkie Pie: Huh, I hope you're proud of yourself, Mulia.

Mulia has hunched down on her belly in complete fear of that.

(Y/N): OBJECTION!

Everypony instantly turns to (Y/N) and Applejack facehoofs.

Applejack: Do ya really have to keep doin' that?

(Y/N): Trust me, a certain ace attorney that I know does it all of the time. Pinkie, you've made a few contradictions to that story!

Pinkie turns to (Y/N) confused from that.

Pinkie Pie: I did? Of what?

(Y/N): If you just take a look at her for one second, she's elderly. Which means that she could not have fast reflexes or skills of a ninja. Also, I don't believe Mulia has any special clothing unlike the rest of the bakers.

Pinkie Pie: *sighs* I guess you're right. . .

(Y/N): Thank you!

Twilight Sparkle: But did you find any more clues?

(Y/N) smiles from that as he starts to pace once again.

(Y/N): As a matter of fact, I did Twilight. I did a quick look around Mulia. There was indeed something fishy about her that I noticed, but I couldn't put my hoof on it.

(Y/N) then approaches Mulia with a serious glare as he stares close up at her.

(Y/N): However, there was ONE feature that I noticed that made me see what made her another candidate for our cake eater.

(Y/N) then looks hard at Mulia cheeks.

(Y/N): If you look closely, Mulia old wrinkles are clearly hiding something for all of us to see. They're hard to look at, but easy to spot if you have a good eye.

Fluttershy: What is it?

(Y/N) then points to Mulia's cheeks as everypony looks closely at her hard and for a few seconds they couldn't tell that anything was suspicious about her, but that was until they gasped and (Y/N) smirked.

(Y/N): That's right! If you look at her cheeks, they're are sparkling and I don't mean the clean kind of sparkling.

Mulia starts to sweat nervously like the other bakers were when (Y/N) interrogated them as well.

(Y/N): You may have thought that we may not have noticed Mulia! But it was clear that you were a witness as well! That's when I spotted. . .

(Y/N) then pulls on Mulia's cheeks gently to reveal that in her wrinkles, sprinkles were coming out too.

(Y/N): The sprinkles hiding in your wrinkles! Which rhymes perfectly!

The mares all let out an "Ooooh!" from that while the bakers were just dumbfounded by (Y/N)'s resilient tact at finding clues.

(Y/N): Sounds like you had a lot of fun munching on something sweet and delicious. Eh, Mulia?

Mulia Mild had no response to that as she looks away from (Y/N) in slight guilt while he just crosses his hooves.

(Y/N): That's what I thought.

Pinkie Pie then runs up to (Y/N) surprised at his accuracy that he can find clues faster than she can.

Pinkie Pie: That's amazing, (Y/N)! You've caught all three bakers in the act!

(Y/N): Yes I have. However, we're not done here. We still do not have enough clues. All we have found out is that the bakers were in the dessert car, but we still do not know who took all of those bites out of the cake. It's way too vague to just jump to conclusions in one swift second, see Pinkie?

Pinkie Pie: But I was so sure that it was one of the other bitter bakers that destroyed the "MMMM". That way, their delicious dessert would reign supreme. I mean, just look at Joe's Donutopia. It's a spectacular city of donutty delight, topped temptingly in sprinklicious sprinkles.

Applejack, Rainbow, and Mulia, all of whom look ready to chomp into it let out happy little murmurs.

Pinkie Pie: And Gustave's éclairs look incredibly edible, with glistening glaziness.

Fluttershy and Rarity lean toward the stack, wearing ear-to-ear smiles.

Pinkie Pie: But then there's Mulia Mild's Mousse Moose. *sighs* Why, this mouth-wateringly marvelous mousse moose tempts the taste buds with its silky, smooth, yummy-nummy, chocolateyness.

The other three smiling competitors looked hungry with Gustave drooling a bit as well as Applejack and Rainbow. She then leans toward her bosses' ruined entry as Fluttershy, Twilight, and Rarity pace behind her.

Pinkie Pie: So why did this criminal devour the Marzipan Mascarpone Meringue Madness while leaving this trio of tasty treats untouched?

However, just as the train shoots into a tunnel, everyone's vision goes to black as there is a squelching noise and a shrill scream as when the lights came back on, everypony jaw drops to see that Mulia's mousse is left with nothing but the head and a few half-chewed limbs. Donutopia now lies in ruins and there are only a few heavily gnawed survivors of Gustave's éclair stack.

Pinkie Pie: Now I have no idea who do-doned it!

Gustave, Joe, and Mulia sadly inspect the debris left from their efforts, while the ponies have gathered at the far end of the car.

Pinkie Pie: This mystery gets more mysterious every minute.

(Y/N) then walks up to Pinkie with a reassuring smile and puts a hoof on her shoulder.

(Y/N): Not to me. I believe we'll find our culprits Pinkie, but I'll need you to let me play detective this time.

Pinkie sighs reluctantly at that.

Pinkie Pie: . . .Okay.

Pinkie then takes the wig off of (Y/N) and replaces it with her hat and he takes the pipe from Pinkie as well and cleans it off with a cloth before putting it in his mouth and blows bubbles.

(Y/N): Alright, everypony I'll need for you all to go back into your cars while Pinkie and I finalize who is the true culprit in all of this.

Everypony does so as Fluttershy and Rainbow fly over the distrustful Mulia, who gives Gustave a hairy eyeball glare before walking out ahead of him. With everypony out of the dessert car, (Y/N) and Pinkie could talk in private.

(Y/N): Now Pinkie, while we were able to get some dirt on the bakers, I'll just tell you this right now. . .

Pinkie Pie: What was it?! Do you know which one of the bakers do-doned it?!

(Y/N): "Did" it. And actually Pinkie, it's "not" the bakers who were responsible for eating the cake.

Pinkie Pie: Really? What made you come to that conclusion?

(Y/N): They didn't eat the cake, they ate the other bakers' pastries. Gustave had mousse on his mustache meaning that he had ate Mulia's chocolate mousse moose. Joe had some frosting in his hair which clearly meant that he hid some of Gustave's éclairs in his mane. Finally, Mulia had some sprinkles in her wrinkles which meant that she was munching on Joe's Donutopia.

Pinkie Pie: Wow! (Y/N), how could you tell? When I saw the other sweets, they looked intact up until now.

(Y/N): *chuckles* You have to look at EVERY single detail, Pinkie. I could tell that somepony had ate the donuts cause I saw that each of the towers was missing one donut. They were trying to be as discreet as possible, but it wasn't enough to outsmart me.

Pinkie Pie: Ooooh. What else?

(Y/N): One part of the stack on the éclairs were missing and somepony organized it in a way that no one would noticed, and lastly, I noticed that a small part on the moose tail was actually bitten off. Just a small part.

Pinkie Pie: So the bakers ate the other bakers stuff, but what about MMMM? We clearly know now that it wasn't the bakers.

(Y/N): Yeah, and I didn't know anything suspicious about our friends either.

Pinkie Pie: So, what do we do now, Detective (Y/N)?

(Y/N): *chuckles* Look who's asking obvious questions now. We retrace our steps from last night. That'll give us all the clues that we can scoop up to come to a logical conclusion.

Pinkie Pie: Yes sir!

The pink mare stands on her hind legs, salutes, then drops to all fours so she can walk slowly backwards toward the rear door. (Y/N) playfully rolls his eyes and smiles at her taking what he said a bit too literally as he follows her towards the caboose of the train.

When they arrive, Pinkie keeps a thorough eye for any clues and (Y/N) does as well.

Pinkie Pie: How can we find any clues in here when who we saw running in this direction was gone, (Y/N)?

(Y/N): Another obvious question, my pink compadre. Trust me when I say that, many ponies never leave without discarding any trace of evidence. Keep looking.

Pinkie turns and looks around some more until she looks up and something catches her eye.

Pinkie Pie: (Y/N), look!

(Y/N) instantly turns and walks up to Pinkie curious on what she found.

(Y/N): What is it? Did you find any clues?

Pinkie Pie: Yep! Look up!

(Y/N) looks to see something hanging on the wall that was very small and he levitates it down in front of himself.

(Y/N): Pinkie, hand me a small envelope.

Pinkie then pulls a small orange envelope out of her mane and passes it to (Y/N) who opens it to put their first clue inside of the envelope.

(Y/N): Okay, so we've got one culprit! They were running through and they disappeared after we thought we caught them in the act. However, there's some other questions that need to be answered.

Pinkie Pie: You're right! Hm. . . what about the pony that we were chasing to the engine?

(Y/N): Let's go and see what really happened when we were in the situation.

At the engine, (Y/N) is surveying the mounded coal ready for the furnace. Pinkie peeks in from around the doorframe.

Pinkie Pie: But how? When we got here, all we saw was the conductor shoving in coal.

(Y/N): Hmm. . . perhaps we need to look even deeper into it. Maybe the evidence won't be just laying around like the last one.

The conductor gets a mild surprise when his cap floats off his head and over to (Y/N) due to his magic levitating it and flipping it upside down in the bargain. (Y/N) peeks inside and gasps as his eyes grow a few sizes.

(Y/N): They wouldn't. . .!

Pinkie Pie: You found another clue?!

(Y/N): Yeah, and apparently they're bold to actually play themselves as the conductor. What had me even more suspicious was, why didn't they turn to us when we entered the engine? I mean if somepony caught me doing that in the middle of the night, I would turn and face them very confused as to ask for they want.

Up comes the envelope, which drops into the cap and by the time Pinkie can get close enough, it is already out, sealed, and packed away. The cap is returned to its owner as Pinkie and (Y/N) walk back to the dessert car.

Back at the dessert car, (Y/N) and Pinkie were sitting down thinking to each other of the final step that they were on.

Pinkie Pie: When we came back here, we kept watch on the cake, but that was until the curtains mysteriously closed on us all on their own.

(Y/N): Yeah. . . that was weird. Nopony could have closed all of those curtains in such a short amount of time. . .

However, (Y/N) then got an idea as he looked at his horn.

(Y/N): Unless. . . yeah, I probably would have to say that it was me if I was involved as a possible culprit.

Pinkie Pie: What do you mean?

(Y/N): It wasn't really a paranormal thing to happen, Pinkie? It was magic. Jinkies, and I thought I would be the one to ask myself a question like that.

Pinkie Pie: Wait! Wait! There's one more thing. . .

(Y/N): And that is. . .?

Pinkie Pie: Remember? We heard hoofsteps and then a loud thud coming from this direction. . .

Pinkie then runs into the rear door as if reenacting what happened.

Pinkie Pie: . . .and then they were gone!

(Y/N) walks slowly along the car lost in thought before nodding in agreement.

(Y/N): Yeah, that did happen.

Pinkie Pie: When the curtains opened back up, that's when we saw the picture crooked.

(Y/N) then moves in to look at the portrait thoroughly and his eyes widen at a certain object on the picture that didn't belong there.

(Y/N): Wait a second, isn't that. . . Pinkie, hand me a magnifying glass.

Pinkie pulls the said object out of nowhere and passes it to (Y/N) who takes it to then look at the picture one more time to confirm his assumption and after a few seconds, he confirmed that he was right as he takes the envelope and grabs the object.

(Y/N): And I guess that's everything before we came to try and guard the cake and ended up falling asleep on each other.

Pinkie Pie: *giggles* Did my body feel good as a blanket, (Y/N)~?

(Y/N): Okay seriously, cut that out. I was flustered like crazy. Let's see what I've got in this envelope that'll give us who the true culprit is.

(Y/N) pulls out the envelope and brings out three objects.

(Y/N): So we've got a Pegasus feather, a strand of someponies mane, and a long eyelash, and we can include the pony that was using magic to close the curtains.

Pinkie Pie: Hmm. . . I can't tell which one out of all of them is the cake thief.

(Y/N) smirks from that.

(Y/N): That because it isn't just ONE pony, Pinkie. I've found out who our culprit is!

Pinkie got excited by that.

Pinkie Pie: Really?! Who?! Who?!

(Y/N): They're four ponies. Go and tell everyone to come back here into the dessert car so we solve this mystery and catch the cake culprit.

Pinkie salutes to that as was about to go off until (Y/N) calls her back.

(Y/N): Hey, wait. Pinkie.

Pinkie Pie: Yeah?

(Y/N): Can I have the wig back? I not only liked it, but I also believe that it will be more fun this way.

Pinkie Pie: Sure thing, (Y/N)! I've got tons of wigs and hats hidden in my mane and tail.

(Y/N): (And I'm not going to even ask how or why.)

Pinkie then hands (Y/N) the same wig that he wore earlier and he puts it on his head to make himself look like Phoenix Wright once again.

Later on, everypony was back in the dessert car with Pinkie and (Y/N) as (Y/N) with his wig on, paces back and forth between the entire group and Pinkie stands in the middle as well. Mulia then leans in to Joe to whisper to him.

Mulia Mild: *whispers* Why are we all here again?

(Y/N): I bet you're all wondering why you're here again.

Donut Joe turns to Mulia with a surprised look.

Donut Joe: He's good!

Mulia nods in agreement.

(Y/N): When we all woke up this morning, we all saw that the MMMM was half eaten and the bakers had some very suspicious clues going on with them. However, with even more evidence, me and my trusty pink partner here have found the culprit.

Gustave Le Grand: But how?

(Y/N): When it comes to a mystery, nopony ever leaves behind absolutely no evidence and while their tactics were very amazing, they weren't enough to outsmart us!

Everypony looked at each other with nervous looks at that and (Y/N) walks in between all of them with a serious look.

(Y/N): This mystery started out very vague, but it soon turned into a complete evidential case! Ladies and gentlecolts, I am about to reveal to ALL of you! WHO REALLY IS THE TRUE CULPRIT?!

As (Y/N) raises his voice to sound more intimidating, it worked as all who was in the room except for Pinkie starting shaking like they were cold, but they were in fear. Some even started to sweat and bite their hooves as well. (Y/N) then slowly raises his hoof in the air and when it reached it's apex, he was ready to give his final accusation.

(Y/N): THE PONY WHO ATE THE MMMM! THE PONY WHO CAUSED THIS MYSTERY! AND THE PONY WHO IS GUILTY IS. . .

(Y/N) then starts to bring down his hoof to point to the culprit and as it came down, everypony's eyes widen at the pressure they were feeling.

When it finally came down, (Y/N) pointed to the exact culprit, or should I say culprits as they were none other than. . .

(Y/N): RAINBOW DASH! FLUTTERSHY! TWILIGHT SPARKLE! AND RARITY!

(A/N): Sorry, I had to. Love this anime and the game too.

The said culprits eyes pop wide open, they gasped immensely, and flinched from their names heard.

Twilight Sparkle: HUH?!

Rarity: EXCUSE ME?!

(Y/N) then walks towards the mares with a serious look.

(Y/N): It took me a minute to piece it all together, but it all made sense!

(Y/N) then pulls out the Pegasus feather that he found in the caboose of the train.

(Y/N): As you can see from this Pegasus feather, somepony we were chasing last night had to have swiftly flew out of the rear door! When Pinkie and I went out, there was no one there! But this Pegasus feather is light blue, the same color as Rainbow Dash's coat and wings! She's also known to be our fastest flyer, so it would explain how she escaped so easily!

Rainbow Dash: I-I don't even like cake!

(Y/N) then quickly points at her which made her back up to a wall.

(Y/N): OBJECTION! You eat cake all of the time when we are at parties together!

Rainbow Dash had her jaw dropped at how persistent (Y/N) is.

(Y/N): Now secondly, Pinkie and I chased the conductor to the engine of the train! However, when we arrived to see the conductor, he was never suspicious of our activity which was fishy! So when I looked inside of the cap of the conductor, I found. . . THIS!

(Y/N) pulls out the strand of mane to reveal that it's matches Fluttershy's mane.

(Y/N): Last night, while the train was running, the conductor was actually asleep! The pony that was running from us was acting like the conductor! And from this mane color, it only matches one pony in here. What do you have to say to that, Fluttershy?!

(Y/N) points to the said Pegasus as she meekly lowers herself to the ground and covers her head with her hooves.

Fluttershy: *gasps* Oh my!

Pinkie Pie: You're going down, Fluttershy!

(Y/N): We're not done yet, Pinkie! When we both went back to the car that they where we were guarding the cake, we saw that the curtains had been lowered down by some unknown force. But it wasn't some unknown force as it was actually. . . magic!

Pinkie Pie: Magic?

(Y/N): Yes, magic. There are only four of us with horns on our foreheads, me, Twilight, Rarity, and Donut Joe! However, the reason these two are responsible is because of this! Someone was skilled enough to pull all of the curtains down at the same time and then accurately pull them back up as well! TAKE THAT TWILIGHT!

Twilight was just so dumbfounded by (Y/N) being able to figure her out as he points directly at her.

Twilight Sparkle: T-This is. . . I-I can't. . . How?!

(Y/N): But it wasn't just her that was responsible. . .

(Y/N) then pulls out the eyelash that he had and revealed it to everypony especially Rarity.

(Y/N): We heard a loud bang, so somepony wasn't looking where they were going. They thought that they could get away with it, but not until we saw these false eyelashes on the picture that was beside the rear door. It was hard to notice, but that definitely didn't belong on a stallion's eye!

(Y/N) then points over to Rarity who had her mane covering her right eye.

(Y/N): And that made me realize this too! Why are wearing your mane differently today, Rarity?!

Rarity: *gasps* What? Is it a crime to change one's style now and again? Why, I think it's a crime not to.

(Y/N): HOLD IT!

A short burst of magic from (Y/N) lifts the forward-swept purple curl away from Rarity's face, exposing a right eye without lashes.

(Y/N): You were only trying to delay the inevitable! But not this time, Rarity!

Rarity then dramatically faints once again from (Y/N)'s persistent evidence.

(Y/N): It's all makes sense here now! You all tried and lied you're way out of this mystery so that you can get your greedy desires, but not for long as we found you to be. . .

(Y/N) then glares and points to the four mares one last time.

(Y/N): THE TRUE CULPRITS!!

Everypony in the room jaw dropped from that as they were so surprised from (Y/N)'s intelligence and experience in interrogating and finding evidence.

He then takes the wig off and bows down.

(End Music Here)

(Y/N): I rest my case. Pinkie would you like to deliver your final verdict?

Pinkie Pie: I find Rainbow Dash, Twilight, Fluttershy, and Rarity. . . Guilty of eating the MMMM!

Rarity: Fine, I'm guilty! I wear false eyelashes!

(Y/N): And. . .?

Rarity: Oh, and I took a bite of the cake.

Twilight Sparkle: Me too.

Fluttershy: So did I.

Rainbow Dash: Aw nuts, so did I.

Rarity: You just made it sound so delectable.

Twilight Sparkle: Extraordinary.

Fluttershy: So tasty.

Rainbow Dash: And boy was it!

They all went up to Pinkie to apologize to her.

Rarity: I only meant to take a little, lady-like bite.

Fluttershy: And it was so good.

Twilight Sparkle: We couldn't resist.

Rainbow Dash: Yeah, I just dove right in!

Fluttershy: But I'm really really sorry.

Rarity: Terribly sorry.

Rainbow Dash: Sorry, Pinkie.

Twilight Sparkle: We are all very sorry, Pinkie.

Pinkie Pie: That's okay. At least this mystery is finally solved.

Applejack: And they've would've gotten away with it if weren't for y'all meddling in their business.

(Y/N): Well. . . The case is almost solved. I still haven't said anything about who devoured the other bakers goods, but that's because I already solved that earlier.

Applejack: Whaddya mean, sugarcube?

Pinkie Pie: Well you see, Applejack. What (Y/N) meant was, Gustave had mousse in his mustache, Joe had éclair in his hair, and Mulia had sprinkles in her wrinkles. Which meant that the bakers were the one who ate the other bakers goods. Ha ha! TAKE THAT!

(Y/N): *chuckles* Good one, Pinkie. Anyways, bakers what you do have to say for yourselves?

Gustave Le Grand: Oh, I am so sorry, Mulia, but Pinkie made your mousse moose sound. . . très magnifique.

Donut Joe: And Pinkie's description of your éclairs really did make 'em sound scrumptious.

Mulia Mild: And the way she spoke of your Donutopia, ohh, was too delectable to resist.

(Y/N): Well, everypony learned something. Don't let your greed get the best of you the next time something like this happens. Once you want something, you'll always want more.

Everypony let's out agreeing chatter at that before Pinkie goes up and gives a tight hug to (Y/N).

Pinkie Pie: We did it though, (Y/N)! We solved the mystery!

Gustave Le Grand: Yes, but now we don't have any desserts to enter into ze contest!

Joe, Gustave, and Mulia sat on their haunches with their own shattered remains of their desserts.

Pinkie Pie: I think we can fix that. Come on!

Pinkie then thinks of a letter to write to Princess Celestia.

Pinkie Pie: (Dear Princess Celestia, Today I learned that it is not good to jump to conclusions. You have to find out all the facts before saying somepony did something. If you don't, you could end up blaming somepony for something they never did. This could hurt their feelings, and it can make you look really foolish. So from now on, I will always make sure to get all the facts.)

In Canterlot, the National Dessert Competition is held as Mulia pulls her wheeled platform, which now carries a tarp-covered bulk and Gustave and Joe come in behind her, followed by Pinkie, (Y/N), and company. Other desserts have been set up on tables, and two earth pony stallions are judging. The tarp is then whisked away to reveal a rather interesting four-way dessert combo.

The Cakes' construction has been augmented with éclair borders on the bottom three tiers, the moose head and a donut border on top, a layer of donuts on each of the other three, and judiciously placed extra icing. Impressed, the judges give it a blue ribbon. Princess Celestia then walks up to the cake and licks her chops at the sight of the dessert and (Y/N) comes up to her with a slice of the dessert on a plate.

(Y/N): Care for a slice, Celestia?

Princess Celestia blushes from being offered a cake slice by (Y/N) as she floats it up and then suddenly Pinkie pops out of nowhere.

Pinkie Pie: I don't mind if I do.

Pinkie instantly leaps up and comes down on top of the amalgamation surprising everypony, as she consumes it in one belly-busting bite and leaving the rest of the travelers floored. As all share a good laugh, as (Y/N) says one last thing.

(Y/N): That's Pinkie folks!

Chapter 16 End.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 51 6
"Maybe you should talk with her. You'll never know know if you don't try.." "She won't listen to me. She hates me. I don't want to be ignored, not ag...
40.2K 416 10
Ever since you were born, you and your family have always been through so many hardships in life. Whether it would be people being total jerks, thing...
233K 3.4K 13
After living in Equestria with his friends for a long period of time, (Y/N) has finally gained feelings for all of the six Elements of Harmony. What...
4.5K 52 10
After tons of moons full of despair, hatred and of course disharmony a new hero has been born, this hero in fact is a lot different, he's a unicorn w...