Elliot Meets World ( season 1...

By NutellaEmpress

My version of girls meets world where Elliot Matthews is Riley's twin brother. Cover Credit: @-lucyistyping More

Changing a few things as well as update by tonight
Elliot Meets World
Elliot Meets Girl
Elliot Meets Sneak Attack
Elliot Meets Father
Elliot Meets The Truth
Elliot Meets The Dork Side
Elliot Meets Maya's Mother
Elliot Meets Little Ms. Einstein
Elliot Meets 1961
Elliot Meets Crazy Hat
Elliot Meets World: Of Terror
Elliot Meets The Forgotten
Elliot Meets Flaws
Elliot Meets Friendship
New Book
Elliot Meets Mature Riley
Elliot Meets Home For the Holidays
Credit Where it is Due
I'm Sorry
New Username
New Book
New Book + Update is on its way
Elliot Meets Game Night
New Book
New Book
New Book
New Book
Cover Shop + Update coming soon
Elliot Meets Master Plan
Elliot Meets Farkle's Choice
New Book
Q& A+ Don't hate any characters
Elliot Meets Demolition

Elliot Meets Moving On

2K 59 64
By NutellaEmpress

Author note: Before all of you start reading I would like to thank you for being patient! Also, I started an Instagram account for Wattpad. Search nutella.empress and please follow!

I post, updates on upcoming chapters, sneak peeks, people artwork based on my fanfics, book cover requests, etc.

_______________________________________

The hallway of John Quincy Adams Middle School.

Cory was climbing down the stairs when he saw a boy and girl hold hands and climb the opposite way.

"Ah, the end of the year. The weather changes, kids pair off, first love," Cory smiled at a teen couple who smiled at each other lovingly.

"It amazes me how the power of love sometimes guides the perfect couples right into each other's arms," Cory smiled.

Darby and Yogi smiled at each other. Yogi then hopped into Darby's arms.

"And sometimes it does that. But it's still first crush and I love this time of year," Cory smiled.

Just then Riley came into the hallway and walked towards her locker.

Cory chuckled.

"Probably because I don't have to worry like those poor sap, seventh-grade fathers," he continued to laugh.

His eyes widened after he realized something.

"Wait a minute!" He said alarmed and turned around to see Riley by her locker.

Riley closed her locker and slowly turns around to look at Lucas who was coming down the stairs. They both were staring at each other with loving smiles on their faces.

"Nooooo! " Cory yelled, picked up Riley, ran into the classroom, shut the door in Lucas's face, and dropped Riley off at her desk.
_______________________________________
History Classroom

"Dad, are you out of your mind?" Riley asked as she sat in her seat.

"Riley. It's time for the talk," Cory told her.

"In front of the whole class?" Riley asked embarrassed.

Cory looked around the room the eventually turned to his son.

"Hey, I found out everything through Google. She's the only one left," Elliot told Cory as he nodded towards his sister.

Cory turned to Maya.

"Yeah, give her the talk let's see what you know," Maya shrugged amused.

"Okay. When a daughter-" Cory began.

"Stop," Riley cut him off.

Cory turned to the side window and saw that Lucas was about to come through the back door.

"Excuse me," Cory excused himself and then ran over to the back door and closed it before Lucas could enter.

"Not today, Chachi," Cory hissed at him.

Lucas then pushed the door open with Cory behind it. Cory groaned.

"Sir, you've known me all year. You like me, admit it," Lucas told him.

"I don't wanna," Cory shook his head.

"I'm one of the good kids. What are you so afraid of?" Lucas asked.

"Okay," Cory walked up to the chalkboard and erased 'Belguim' off.

"No!" Farkle while standing up with a Belgium shirt and flag.

"Okay, guys. It's the seventh-grade spring fever, which leads to dating, which leads to movies, which leads to popcorn, which leads to putting your hands together in the dark touching popcorn, which leads to holding hands, which leads to that!" Cory yelled as he pointed to Yogi and Darby, who were rubbing their noses together.

"I made that happen," Elliot smiled.

"Oh, I am not ready for this," Cory went to Yogi and separated him from Darby.

"Come with me. Come here. Come on, no, come one. Come with me," Cory dragged Yogi away as he continued to resist.

"Riley, I am begging you, stay in Neverland, okay? No growing up," Cory told his daughter as had placed Yogi on his desk.

Farkle raised his hand.

"What do you want?" Cory asked in an annoyed and tired voice.

"The way I see it, I'm in an interesting position here," Farkle told him as he put his hand down.

"How do you figure Farkle?" Cory asked.

"Let's approach this as a scientific equation. You're scared of Lucas going out with Riley, right?" Farkle asked.

"Oh, does it show?" Cory asked nervously.

"Yeah, He's good-looking and athletic," Farkle pointed out.

Elliot scoffed.

"He's thirty-six!" Cory yelled as he pointed to Lucas.

"Give your daughter to me. I'll give you four oxen and my best milking cow," Farkle proposed.

Cory looked back at Lucas and then to Farkle.

"Are you actually thinking about this?!" Riley asked shocked.

"It's a good deal," Cory smiled.

"Plus he's my best friend. I know he won't hurt you," Elliot told her.

Cory nodded, agreeing.

"I won't hurt her either," Lucas spoke up.

"Or so you say..." Elliot said mysteriously as he narrowed his eyes at Lucas.

"I will decide who I go on my first date with at such time as somebody asks me," Riley said as she stood up angrily.

Lucas slowly raised his hand.

Riley turned around, saw it, and smiled excitedly at her father.

Maya smiled at her excited face and Elliot growled. Cory had an uneasy expression on his face.
_______________________________________
John Quincy Adams Middle School Hallway.

Riley closed her locker and turned to Maya.

"Why do you think he put his hand down?" Riley asked

"Because your dad wouldn't call on him. And I don't think he ever will again," Maya laughed at the end.

"Life used to be so simple, Maya. Wake up, brush my hair, eat cereal, pick up the bowl of cereal that I dropped," Riley frowned.

"When did all of this pressure happen?" Maya asked.

"Boys have it easy, they get to ask," Riley told her.
______________________________________"

Lucas, Elliot, and Farkle are sitting on the hallway bench.

"Girls have it easy," Farkle spoke up.

"Yeah, we gotta do all the asking," Lucas agreed.

"All they have to say is no," Farkle added.

"Well, they could say yes," Lucas told him.

"They could do that?" Farkle asked shocked.

"Yeah bud, girls say yes to me all the time," Elliot told him.

"Yeah, but you're Elliot," Farkle emphasized his name.

Elliot chuckled.
_______________________________________

By the lockers

"Oh yeah, they wouldn't last a day in our shoes. Waiting for them to get the courage to ask us," Riley scoffed.

"And then doing the vacuuming and ironing the babies," Maya added sarcastically.

Riley nodded.

"Riley, this isn't the 90s anymore. You want something you go get it," Maya told her.

"You're telling me you're not a little bit afraid of this?" Riley asked.

" No," Maya replied.

"You're saying that if you had feelings for somebody that you wouldn't be nervous?" Riley asked.

"No, the only thing that makes me nervous is that the thing that everybody wants to happen never happens because everybody's too afraid to make it happen," Maya said as she pointed between Riley and Lucas.
_______________________________________

The boys on the bench

"You know what I was afraid of?" Farkle asked.

"What?" Lucas asked.

"You two," Farkle asked.

"Seriously?" Elliot asked shocked.

"How come?" Lucas asked confused.

"I know we're all friends, but I've always considered you guys a bit of a threat, especially you El. Just like I know you guys have always considered me a bit of a threat," Farkle smiled.

"Ah huh," Elliot nodded with an amused look.

"Yeah, you keep me up at night," Lucas smiled amusingly.

"But now I realize you two are actually the solution to my Riley-Maya dilemma," Farkle told them.

"How do you figure, Farkle?" Lucas asked.

"This should be interesting," Elliot smirked.

"I just never asked one out because I knew it would break the heart of the other. With you two they'll be happy," Farkle told them.

"You really think so?" Elliot asked with a smile on his face.

"Definitely the one you're going after," Farkle told him.

"What about the one I'm going after?' Lucas asked.

Elliot and Farkle were about to reply when Maya and Riley walked up to them.

"Hey Ranger Rick," Maya greeted Lucas.

"Hey, one I'm not after," Lucas greeted.

"You wanna go out with me?" Maya suddenly asked.

The Matthews twins froze in shock.

"What?" Lucas asked caught off guard.

"Do you wanna take me to a movie and put our hands in the popcorn at the same time and see what happens, or what?" Maya asked.

"What?!" Elliot suddenly shouted.

Everyone turned to him shocked by his tone.

"You're asking the guy we make fun of together on a date?! And that too, in front of me?!" Elliot yelled with a hurtful expression on his face.

Everyone in the hallway turned towards and watched the drama unfold.

Cory came to the hall running.

"What's happening? I heard yelling," Cory turned to the kids.

"El, you ok?" Farkle asked softly.

"I need some air," Elliot said as he shook his head.

As Elliot began to leave Maya touched his shoulder.

"El, I'm just trying to-" Maya asked.

"Don't touch me," Elliot hissed angrily as he jerked Maya's hand off her shoulder and glared at her.

With that, he left.

Everyone was in complete shock because this was the first time that Elliot behaved coldly towards Maya.
_______________________________________

Elliot and Auggie's room

Elliot was sitting on his study table trying to read but couldn't focus after what happened today. That is when his mother came in.

Topanga knocked on the open door and came in.

"What's up mom?" Elliot asked as he closed his book.

"You ok?" Topanga asked.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" Elliot asked.

"Farkle called me. He told me about what happened in school today," Topanga sighed.

"Farkle has a big mouth," Elliot remarked.

"Elliot..." Topanga began.

"She chose him. Maya chose Lucas, the guy we make fun of together. Where did I go wrong?" Elliot asked softly.

Topanga sighed and hugged him.

"Can I give some advice?" Topanga asked.

"Love life advice from my mom...Sure it can't get worse than it already is," Elliot sighed.

"I think you should let go of Maya," Topanga told him.

"What?" Elliot asked shocked and confused.

"Don't get me wrong. I love that girl but I don't like how she treats you. Maybe she likes you and she's confused. Maybe she doesn't. I don't know but either way, she's hurting you and I don't like it," Topanga told him.

"And how do you suppose I move on. I've been in love with that girl since I was seven," Elliot sighed.

"I could set you up with someone, help you get out of your comfort zone," Topanga suggested.

Elliot pursed his lips and stared at his mother for a good minute.

"Elliot..." Topanga began.

"Ok," Elliot nodded.

"What really?!" Topanga asked shocked.

"Yeah, go nuts," Elliot chuckled.

"Oh yay! Because I already have the perfect girl for you," Topanga squeaked and began taking out her phone.

That's not true. The perfect girl wants nothing do to with me...Elliot thought.

Topanga then showed him a picture of a beautiful Latina.

"She's pretty isn't she?" Topanga asked.

"Yeah," Elliot nodded.

"Her name is Paris Martinez. Her dad recently started working at my law firm,"

_______________________________________

Riley's bedroom. Riley is sitting at the bay window still as a statue with a shocked face

Maya climbed through the window and stared at Riley confused.

After a while, she attempted to close Riley's mouth.

Riley hissed and almost bit Maya's hand.

"Yeow!" Maya yanked her hand way before Riley could bite her.

"Back traitor," Riley hissed and pointed out the window.

"Traitor, Me? Could this possibly be because I asked Lucas out?" Maya asked innocently.

"You asked Lucas out," Riley said upset.

"What? You're upset?" Maya asked innocently.

"I'm beyond upset. I'm whatever the next one is," Riley hissed.

"What you think he's cute?" Maya asked innocently

"He's a'ight," Riley said trying to act cool.

"What? You wanted him to ask you out?" Maya asked innocently.

Riley took a deep breath.

"Maybe, but now you ruined my eight-year plan," Riley told her.

"Riles, you've been all goofy about Lucas since the day you fell in his lap on the subway," Maya told him.

"You pushed me," Riley argued.

"And now I have pushed him," Maya told her.

"It's not just that. You really hurt Elliot today too. And I'm not ok with that. He's brother, my twin," Riley told her softly.

"Yeah, I'm sorry about that. I need to tell him what's really going," Maya said softly.

"What do you mean?" Riley asked confused.

"Don't worry about it" Maya shook her head.

"I am worried. I am worried about our friendship which you called into question on this day," Riley said in a confident voice.

"Oh, all right, you want to ask each other questions? Go ahead," Maya told her.

They got really close and stared at each other.

"Why did you ask him?" Riley asked.

"How long have you known me?" Maya asked.

"Where are you taking him?" Riley asked.

"You think I would hurt you?" Maya asked.

"What are you gonna wear?" Riley asked.

"You don't think I have a bigger plan?" Maya asked.

"Can I at least be your maid of honor?" Riley asked desperately

"Of course, when I marry anybody else in the world besides Ranger Rick," Maya told her.

"What? You're just going to date him and then throw him away?" Riely scoffed.

"Hey, Whack job?" Maya asked.

"Yes?" Riley asked.

"He doesn't want to go out with me. He's not going out with me. He's never going out with me," Maya told her.

"Well, if he doesn't want to go out with you, do you not want me to go out with him?" Riley asked.

Maya sighed.

"Come here," Maya motioned her to get closer.

Riley did as told and put her head on Maya's shoulder.

"What's your plan with El?" Riley asked.

"Just gonna be honest with him," Maya told had.

"Life is changing isn't it?" Riley asked.

"Yes. But this never will," Maya told her.

The doorbell rang.

"Who's that? I wasn't expecting anybody," Riley said confused.

"Oh, I was," Maya smiled.
_______________________________________

The Matthews' Apartment

Cory opened the door and saw Lucas on the other side.

"You," Cory hissed.

"Me," Lucas mimicked him.

"Auggie's not home right now," Cory told him.

"Yeah, I'm not here to see Auggie," Lucas shook him.

"Elliot's not home either," Cory shook his head.

"Not here for him either," Lucas shook his head and smiled.

Riley and Maya then appeared behind Cory.

"Riley most certainly isn't home," Cory shook his head.

"Hi, Lucas," Riley waved.

"That's right, I lied right in yo' face," Cory said as he pointed to Lucas.

"Actually, Mr. Matthews, I'm not here to see her either," Lucas shook his head once again.

"You're not?" Cory asked in a hopeful tone.

"You're not?" Riley asked confused.

"I want to do this the right way. So first, I'm here to talk to you, Sir," Lucas told him.

Topanga walked up to them and hugged Riley from the side.

Cory turned back to see the ladies smiling at him, he smiled back and then turned to Lucas.

"I want to do this the right way too, Lucas," Cory smiled.

Lucas nodded as his smile widened.

"No!" Cody yelled, slammed the door close, and leaned on it.
_______________________________________
Matthews Apartment

Lucas pushed the door open as Cory was on the other side.

"Mr. Matthews, would it be possible to speak with you alone?" Lucas asked

"About homework?" Cory asked innocently.

"No," Lucas shook his head.

"About a grade?" Cory asked.

"No," Lucas shook his head.

"Then this has nothing to do with me and you've come to the wrong place. Good day," Cory told him, with a smile.

"Actually-" Lucas began.

"I said good day, sir," Cory cut him off sternly and walked away.

"But I need to talk to you," Lucas said as he walked in.

"Is this about a historical event? I can only speak to you about historical events," Cory told him.

"Yes," Lucas nodded.

"Well, then go right ahead," Cory smiled.

"I'm asking you permission to ask out your daughter," Lucas told him.

The ladies smiled.

Cory looked shocked.

"You tricked me!" Cory turned to Lucas.

"That's right I lied right to yo' face," Lucas smiled, mocking him.

"Get him, Topanga," Cory told his wife.

"My pleasure. Lucas, you are about the most charming young man I have ever met," Topanga said as she walked up to him and put her hand on his shoulder.

"Yeah!" Cory chimed in but realized his mistake a second later.

"But as delighted as I am that in this day and age you would come to get our blessing. Do you really think Riley is ready-" Topanga began.

"Yes!" Riley chimed in excitedly.

"Riley, Be cool," Topanga told her.

Riley took a second to calm down.

"Yes," Riley said in a calm deep voice.

"Topanga, we really need to talk," Cory told her.

"Mr. Matthews, we really need to talk," Maya told him.

"Good help me," Cory told her.

Maya sat him down at the dinner table.

"When a father turns a certain age, things will start happening to you that you don't understand. It'll confuse you, but it's a magical time," Maya told him as she rubbed his back.

"Shut up!" Cory told her.

"Look, don't worry. This is all normal and it's just your body's way of telling you that you are a woman," Maya said as she poked Cory.

"Look, If it makes you feel any better, don't think of it as a date. Think of it as a beautiful fantasy world that only includes the two of them and not you anymore," Maya told him.

"I appreciate you, I think you're pretty fierce," Topanga said as she walked up to Maya and put her around her.

"So, I have everybody's permission except Mr. Matthews?" Lucas asked.

"Actually, you have't asked me," Elliot's voice was heard as he came from his room, everyone turned to him.

"But then again, no one seems to care about my feelings, nowadays, isn't that right Maya?" Elliot asked her as he glared at her.

"El, I-" Maya began.

"I don't want to hear it. Whatever excuse you have, I don't want to hear it," Elliot told her as he sat on the couch.

Maya sighed.

"What's going on between you two?" Cory asked confused.

"Nothing, please continue," Elliot told his dad.

Cory shrugged and turned to Lucas.

"Lucas, I like you. I really do. But do I look like the kind of guy that would let his child go out on a date this young?" Cory asked.

The front door opened again and Auggie came running in, holding hands with Ava.

"I put a ring on it," Auggie told Ava.

"What?" Topanga asked smiling.

"We're engaged," Auggie smiled.

"Oh, let us tell you why you're not engaged," Topanga smiled.

"Let me tell you why we are. Sing it, Baby," Auggie gestured to Ava.

Ava: Look at me. I'm Ava Morgenstern... Matthews!

Ava sang as she showed her ring at the end.

Topanga looked at the ring and chuckled in disbelief.

"What? Oh my gosh. Look at this ring. It looks just like mi-" Topanga looked
at her hand and saw that her ring was gone, Ava was wearing it.

"Hey! Give me this!" Topanga took the ring off of Ava's finger.

"Yeah, it's Auggie's grandma's ring," Ava told her.

"It's actually my ring," Topanga scoffed.

"Oh, you're not Auggie's grandma?" Ava smirked.

"Ava honey, are you looking at me? You looking right into my eyes? okay good, I got something to say, ugh!" Topanga made a disgusting face and the two kids ran off.

"How is his love life better than mine?" Elliot asked confused.

Before anyone could answer, the front door opened again.

"Greetings, Matthews, I've come to ask Riley out on her first date now that Maya has asked out Lucas," Farkle greeted then as he entered.

"What? Why would you do that?" Cory asked confused.

"This should interesting," Elliot remarked.

"I thought you didn't want an explanation," Maya turned to him.

"Now I'm thinking it wouldn't hurt," Elliot told her.

Maya rolled her eyes.

"I did it because nobody does nothin'," Maya told everyone.

Is this the kettle calling the coffee black... Elliot thought.

"You lit the fire, huh?" Topanga smirked.

"Somebody had to push these two kids together," Maya reasoned.

"Have I told you lately I think you're pretty fierce?" Topanga asked with a smile.

"Have I told you lately I think you're pretty fierce?" Riley asked as she put her arm around Maya.

"What's going on?" Farkle asked confused.

"What's going on, Farkle, is that this kid here wants my blessing," Cory told Farkle as he walked up to Lucas.

"You want it?" Cory then asked Lucas.

"I do, sir," Lucas nodded.

"Then you got it," Cory told him.

"Really?" Lucas asked shocked.

"Really?" Riley asked excitedly.

"Really?" Topanga asked shocked.

"Really?" Elliot asked in an angry tone.

"Really? Because I got a cow in the elevator," Farkle said in a tired tone.

Everyone looked at him weirdly.

"On one condition," Cory added.

"Uh-Oh," Maya frowned.

"I want this to be a double date. Okay? If you are gonna go out with him," Cory moved Riely towards Lucas.

"Then you are gonna go out with him," Cory laughed and faced Maya towards Farkle.

Maya rolled her tongue on the inside of her cheek, annoyed.

"That works for me," Farkle smiled.

Farkle then turned to Elliot.

"Oh El, are you ok with this?" Farkle asked.

"Go nuts buds," Elliot smirked.

"Dad, you can't just tell her who to go out with on her first date," Riley told him.

"Oh, don't think of it as a date, Maya. Think of it as a magical time and a journey to include-" Cory cut himself off by blowing a raspberry.

He then sat down on the couch with a smile on his face.

"If you want me to spy on those two, why can't I just take El?" Maya asked.

"Oh, El's not going anywhere with you," Elliot told her.

"Oh stop being petty. I told you the real reason why I asked out Huckleberry. I don't like him," Maya told Elliot.

"I'm not being petty. I'm not going because..." Elliot trailed off.

"Because?" Maya asked.

"Because-" Elliot began again.

"Because he has a date," Topanga cut him off.

They turned to him shocked.

"He does?" Maya asked shocked.

"He does," Topanga nodded.

"I do?" Elliot asked confused.

"You do," Topanga nodded confirming.

"Well you work fast," Elliot said amused.

Topanga smirked.

"There you have it, I can't go because I have a date," Elliot turned to Maya.

"Oh come on, it's not like you're serious about this girl. Tell her you'll make it another day and just come with me," Maya told him.

"I'm just a lovesick puppy to you aren't I?" Elliot asked in a bitter tone.

"What?" Maya asked confused.

"I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. The date isn't the reason I'm not going with you. The reason is, I'm mad at you," Elliot told her and angrily left to go to his room.
______________________________________

Elliot and Auggie's room

Elliot was angrily typing away another chapter in his book as Auggie and Ava were playing.

There was a knock on the door and then Maya slowly entered.

"Can we talk?" She asked Elliot.

Elliot sighed and then turned to his little brother and his ' bride-to-be'.

"Little people out," Elliot told him.

"You can't tell us what to do!" Ava shouted.

"Yeah, this my room too!" Auggie shouted.

"If you leave right now I'll take you out for ice cream later," Elliot bribed them.

"Yay!" They cheered.

"Let's go to Riley's room," Auggie took Ava's hand and left.

Elliot motioned Maya to sit on his bed, she did so.

"I don't understand what the problem is. You know why I asked Lucas out. I don't actually like him. So what's the big deal?" Maya asked.

"The big deal is you did it in front of me. You could have told me your plan or waited for me to leave. But no, you decided that you will ask him out in front of me. You hurt me today, you really hurt me," Elliot asked as his voice cracked.

"I never intended to. It was an impulse decision," Maya told him softly.

"No one ever intends to hurt. And this isn't the first time. You also hurt me whenever you openly declare your feelings for Josh. Yet, whenever I ask you if you like me you never give me a clear-cut answer. Not a 'yes' not a 'no'. You hurt me while also leaving me in a grey area, why?" Elliot asked softly.

"I-" Maya began.

"You know people keep telling that you like me and you just have a hard time admitting it. They say: be patient, she'll tell you when she's ready, wait it out. But I'm tired of waiting, I'm tired, Maya," Elliot told her.

"What are you saying?" Maya asked as a lump started to form in her throat.

Elliot took a deep breath.

"I'm saying that I'm going to go on this date and I'm going to try and move on from you. I'm done," Elliot told her.

"You're done?" Maya asked.

"I'm done," Elliot nodded.

"Good to know," Maya got and began to leave, her back was turned and she began opening the door.

"Unless there is a reason I shouldn't be done," Elliot's voice came.

"And what reason would that be?" Maya turned around.

"Forget all other factors. It comes down to one thing: do you like me or not?" Elliot asked.

"I...I...I..." Maya began.

"It's a simple yes or no question," Elliot added.

"I..." Maya began again.

Elliot sighed.

"I think I have my answer, " Elliot told her as he stood up.

"You do?" Maya asked.

"Yes, if after all the years of caring for you, being there for you during times not even Riley was, and opening saying nearly everyday that I love you, your answer is not 'yes' then it's obviously a 'no'. You can show yourself out," Elliot told her and began to go through his closet to see what he will wear tonight.

As Elliot's back was turned a few tears slipped from Maya's eyes.

Stupid me..why can't I say it...Maya thought.

She wiped those tears and left without a word.

As soon as she left, tears began to form in Elliot's eyes and slowly went down his cheeks
______________________________________

On the other end of the door
Maya had a sad expression on her face as she came face to face with Riley and her parents.

"Guess I'm going out with Farkle," Maya gave a fake smile.

Riley gave her a sympathetic smile.
_______________________________________

"So-"Lucas began.

"Yes," Riley nodded.

"Riley," Lucas continued.

"Yes," Riley nodded.

"Maya," Topanga called

"I'll fix it," Maya told her.

"Would you like to go out with me?" Lucas asked.

"Y-Y-Y-Yay!" Riley cheered.

"I can't fix that," Maya told Topanga, who shrugged in response.

"So, Maya-" Farkle began.

"No," Maya cut him off.

"Would you-" Farkle began

"No," Maya cut him off.

"I mean it, Maya," Cory said in a warning tone.

Maya took a deep breath.

"Would you...whatever he's doing with her?" Farkle asked with a smile.

Maya looked back at Riley, Lucas, and Topanga smiling at her.

"Yeah, fine," Maya answered Farkle and held her hands out for him to faint in, when he took too long she put her hands down and Farkle fell on the floor.

Just then Elliot came out of his room.

"Auggie, Ava! Let's go for ice cream!" Elliot shouted.

"Yay!" The two kids ran out of Riley's room and cheered.
_______________________________________

Riley and Maya we're sitting in the bay window.

"I don't understand. I thought you liked Josh. Why are you upset about Elliot moving on? Riley asked.

"I do like Josh," Maya nodded.

Riley began thinking.

"What do you like about Josh?" Riley asked.

"Um, well, you know...he's kind and handsome and stuff," Maya said trailing off uncomfortably as if she didn't have a proper answer.

"Those are general characteristics. What about Josh specifically stand out to you in comparison to other boys?" Riley asked.

"Um..." Maya trailed off.

"Maya, what's going on?" Riley asked confused.

"You want the truth?" Maya asked.

"Yes please," Riley nodded.

"It's easier for me to say I like Josh became he's never permanently here. There no chance of that happening. Whereas, if I tell Elliot the truth and tell him that I like him-" Maya was cut off.

"Wait you actually like El?" Riley asked excitedly.

Maya nodded.

"Yay!" Riley cheered.

Maya chuckled but then got serious

"Things will get serious, a real commitment that I know I will mess up," Maya confessed.

"How do you know you'll mess up?" Riley asked.

"It's in my blood Riles. I'm a Hart I come from a family of leavers," Maya told her.

"Just because your dad left-" Riley began but Maya cut her off.

"And great-grandmother," Maya added.

"And great-grandmother doesn't mean you will. You're your own person," Riley told her.

"I don't want to end up hurting him, " Maya told her.

"Yeah, well not telling him how you really feel is hurting both of you. How is that better?" Riley asked.

Maya shrugged.

"Maya all year you helped me with Lucas. You helped me talk to him, become friends with him and now you're helping me go on a date him," Riley told her.

"Yeah so?" Maya asked.

"So...Now I'm gonna help you," Riley said determinedly.

"How are you going to do that?" Maya asked with a chuckled.

"Either you tell him how you feel or I will," Riley told her.

"What? Riley," Maya said amused.

"I mean it. I'll go right now," Riley began to leave, her hand was soon on the doorknob.

"WAIT!" Maya called.

Riley froze.

"I've caused him enough pain for right now. I'll tell him after his stupid date," Maya told her.

"Ok," Riley nodded and came back to her seat.

"You and El are finally gonna be together. Yay!" Riley cheered.

Maya chuckled.
_______________________________________

Riley's bedroom.

Topanga was helping Riley get ready for her date.

Riley turned around wearing a dress.

"How do I look, mom?" Riley asked nervously.

"Like your father won't let you out of the house," Topanga smiled.

"Good. Do you remember your first date with dad?" Riley asked.

"Oh we were two years old and we played in the playground. No, we were eight and we caught fireflies. No, we were in sixth grade and we kissed against the lockers. No, we threw socks into the laundry basket," Topanga kept on remembering where her actual first date was as she walked over to her daughter's bed and eventually sat on it.

"No, he fell into a llama pen at the zoo, No, that was his first date with Shawn," Topanga smiled as Riley sat down on the bed with her.

"Well. I am really excited for my first date," Riley smiled.

"Oh, what girl wouldn't be?" Topanga asked with a smile.

Maya then came through the window all dressed up.

"All right, let's get this thing over with," Maya said bitterly.

Topanga and Riley stood up shocked.

"Ay chihuahua," Topanga remarked.

"What?" Maya asked confused.

"For someone who does not care you do look pretty ay chihuahua," Riley told her.

"Yeah, I just figured even though I'm not counting this as a first date it seems like it's a pretty big deal for Farkle so I wanted to give him at least eighty-four percent," Maya told them.

"Good," Riley smiled and put a hand on Maya's shoulder.
_______________________________________

The Matthews' living room. Ava and Auggie sitting on the couch and Cory was having a discussion with them.

"Okay, guys. I know that you love each other and that you probably wanna get married. But I wonder if you understand the actual responsibilities that go along with being a couple," Cory said as he sat on the couch.

"It means we push each other on the swings," Ava told him.

"And never share a cubby with anybody else," Auggie added.

"Even if I'm home sick," Ava glared at him.

Auggie looked at Ava shocked and offended.

"It was one time. How long are you gonna hold this over my head?" Auggie asked exhausted.

"I don't want you sharing a cubby with Emma Weathersby," Ava told him.

"Her rain boots mean nothing to me," Auggie said in a promising tone as he grabbed Ava's hand.

At this point Elliot entered the living room, arms crossed, and watched the entire scene unfold.

"Now you see, guys, this right, this is why you probably may not be ready to-" Cory began.

"But it made me feel bad," Ava cut him off.

"It hurts my heart that it made you feel bad," Auggie said sincerely.

Both stood up and held hands.

"Do you Auggie Doggie Matthews, promise for the rest of our lives to never make me feel bad again?" Ava asked.

"I do," Auggie nodded.

"Hold on," Cory said with a concerned look on his face.

"And do you, Ava Melanie Ruth Esther Morgenstern, promise to care about me and never make me feel bad either?" Auggie asked in return.

"I do," Ava nodded.

"No, you don't," Cory shook his head.

Elliot chuckled.

Auggie kissed Ava on the cheek.

"What was that?" Cory asked shocked.

"Honey, the girls just got ready for their first date. You just missed a real milestone in our child's life," Topanga told him as she entered.

"Oh yeah?" Let me be the first to introduce you to Mr. and Mrs, Auggie Doggie Matthews, " Cory pointed at Auggie and Ava hugging and smiling.

Topanga looked shocked and faked smiled.

"Oh, that's just it's great. Well, let me be the first to carry the bride over the threshold," Topanga picked up Ava.

"Whee- Whee!" Ava and Topanga yelled as Topanga carried her outside.

"But-" Ava began as she was outside.

Topanga closed door on Ava.

"Hey, That's my wife," Auggie told her.

"Go to bed!" Topanga ordered.

"Okay," Auggie shrugged and went to his room.

"Kicking your first daughter-in-law out. That's cold," Elliot smirked.

"Oh, are you going for your date?" Topanga asked with a smile.

"Yes, Miss Matchmaker. I'm meeting her at an ice cream parlor downtown," Elliot smiled.

After that, he kissed her mother's cheek, waved her father goodbye, and left.
_______________________________________

Bleeker Street Subway Station. Lucas and Farkle were waiting for Maya and Riley.

"What if I get nervous and I have nothing to say?" Farkle asked Lucas.

"Farkle, Riley, and Maya are our friends, we've been together all year and you haven't run out of things to say yet. And if you do, I'll be right here to-" Lucas began but then looked up to see the girl's coming and was speechless.

"What's the matter?" Farkle asked and then turned around to see Riley and Maya standing and linking arms.

"Oh my gosh, look at Maya. She's giving me like eighty-four percent. I expected a cat t-shirt and sweatpants, but look at her," Farkle stared at Maya speechless.

The girls walked up to them.

"Hey Maya, let's run towards each other in slow motion," Farkle said as he started moving towards Maya in slow motion.

"Maya!" Farkle said in a slow-motion voice.

"No," Maya said with no emotion in her voice.

"Come on, you know you want to," Farkle told her.

"Farkle, Who else would-" Maya began as Riley started walking in slow motion.

"Stop," Maya ordered.

Riley stopped.

Lucas and Farkle walked closer to them.

"Hi," Lucas greeted Riley starstruck.

"Hi," Riley smiled at him.

"Hi, I thought I was going to be too nervous to say anything, but I'm not I'm talking really good. I'm a good day talker. I'm the best day talker there is," Farkle said really fast.

"Even though this just happened, there are some moments you know you're gonna remember forever. This is one of them," Lucas smiled at Riley.

Riley smiled back.

"I'm the second-best day talker there is," Farkle corrected himself.

The subway train started approaching.

"Oh, the trains coming. All aboard," Farkle said and then mimicked a train horn sound.
_______________________________________

Elliot was walked into the ice cream parlor to see Paris sitting down at a table and looking around, he assumed she was looking for him.

"Paris?" Elliot walked up to her with a charming smile.

"Elliot?" She smiled and stood up.

"Sorry, am I late?" He asked confused, he thought he was right on time.

"You're not, I was early. I'm kinda nervous," She nervously smiled.

"Honestly same," Elliot smiled.

They both laughed.

"So what ice cream would you like?" Elliot asked.

"Strawberry cheesecake," Paris smiled.

"Cool," Elliot smiled as they both went to the counter.

"One strawberry cheesecake and one cookies and cream please," Elliot ordered.

"Cup or cone?" The employee asked.

"Cone," Elliot and Paris said in unions.

They both then smiled at each other.
_______________________________________

Inside the train

Riley, Lucas, Maya, and Farkle entered the train. Riley and Lucas sat down.

"Well, this is pretty easy so far," Riley smiled.

"Because we're already friends," Lucas smiled

"Let's always be friends no matter what, okay?" Farkle turned to Maya.

"Yeah, first let's see what happens," Maya told him.

"Okay," Farkle smiled.

"I don't want to jinx this but it's just like us hanging out at school. What could possibly go wrong?" Riley asked.

"It's not just like school. El's not here. He's with another girl...moving on," Maya sighed bitterly.

Riley, Farkle, and Lucas shared a glance.

Maya was now deep in thought, she kept on thinking about how she might have missed her chance with Elliot.
_______________________________________

Elliot and Paris we're eating ice cream and laughing.

"So what's the reason you let your mom set you up on this date?" Paris asked.

"The love of my life doesn't love me back," Elliot answered.

"Ouch," Paris winced.

"What about you? Why did your dad set you up?" Elliot asked.

"Just got out of a long-distance relationship," Paris answered.

Elliot nodded and tried to change the topic.

"So what school do you go to?" Elliot asked.

"Einstein academy," she answered.

"Oh I'm on a date with a genius," Elliot smirked.

Paris laughed.

"What about you?" Paris asked.

"John Quincy Adams," Elliot smiled.

"Hobbies?" Paris asked.

"Writing you?" Elliot asked.

"Dancing," Paris answered.

"Genius and talented. You're the whole package. Aren't you Martinez?" Elliot smirked.

Paris blushed.
_______________________________________

Maya was so lost thinking about Elliot that she started roaming the train.
All of her friends were watching her cautiously.

"Lucas?" Riley turned to her date.

Lucas looked over at Maya and then smiled at Riley.

"Go over there, Riley. Be with your best friend," Lucas told her.

"What about our date?" Riley asked.

"I had a good time," Lucas smiled.

"I'm glad you were my first date," Riley smiled and then walked over to Maya.

"What happened to your date?" Maya asked.

"We had a good time and then my best friend got all needy," Riley joked.

"Yeah, I know how that goes," Maya smiled.

"You know, you and Elliot are going to be fine. This one date, with this one girl, won't change anything," Riley told her.

Maya smiled and nodded.

"Thanks for being there for me," Maya thanked her.

"Hey, I'm sure you'll make it up to me someday," Riley told her.

"How about now?" Maya smirked and grabbed Riley's hand from the bar.

"Again?" Riley smiled.

Maya let go of Riely's hand.

"Woah!" Riley walked backward and fell into Lucas's lap.

"Hi, I'm Riley. We were just talking about you," Riley smiled at Lucas.

"I'm Lucas," Lucas chuckled.

"I love it," Riley smiled.

"You know those moments that you were talking about that we're going to remember forever?" Riley soon asked.

"Yeah?" Lucas asked confused.

Riley grabbed Lucas's face and kissed him.

They smiled at each other lovingly.

Farkle smiled at Maya and ran over to her. Maya put her hand out and it connected with Farkle's lips. Farkle then started kissing Maya's hand.
When he separated Maya was pleasantly shocked and put her hand down.

"Not bad Farkle," Maya remarked.

"Tell your friends," Farkle smirked flirtatiously and began circling the subway polls.

Riley and Lucas continued to stare into each other's eyes and smile lovingly.
_______________________________________

The Matthews' apartment

Cory and Topanga are sitting on a window ledge, the living room bay window.

"Our eldest boy is finally moving on and our girl went on her first date," Topanga smiled.

"Our little boy got married," Cory added.

"I say we move to Florida," Topanga told him.

"Nice!" Cory smiled.
_______________________________________

Riley's bedroom

Riley, Elliot, and Maya are sitting at the bay window.

"Mine was like when it's summer and then the breeze comes up and then it rains for two seconds and then everything glows and there's a rainbow. How was yours, Maya?" Riley asked.

"Mine was like a Shih Tzu going after a chew toy," Maya said disgustedly.

"El?" Riley asked.

"Mine was great too. She's so smart and talented. I'm taking her out again next week," Elliot smiled.

"Two dates with the same girl?" Riley asked shocked.

"Maybe even more," Elliot turned to Riley.

"You won't have to worry about me bothering you anymore Maya Penelope Hart. You're a free bird. Be with Josh or any guy you want. We'll just stay best friends," Elliot smiled at her.

"Best friends," Maya faked smiled at him.

Elliott then smiled into the distance as the girls shared a sad glance.
_______________________________________

Living room bay window

"You realize, Topanga, that life as we know it has changed?" Cory asked.
_______________________________________
Riley's bay window.

"You realize, guys, that life as we know it has changed?" Riley asked them.

"What's the matter?" Elliot asked.

"Scared?" Maya asked.
_______________________________________

Living room bay window

"What's the matter? Scared?" Topanga asked.

"Nah, I got you," Cory told her as he out her an arm around her and side hugged them.
_______________________________________

"No, I got you two," Riley smiled.

Elliot put his arms around both girls and they hugged. _______________________________________

Soon Maya left and the twins were left hugging, little did they know that Maya would cry her whole way home because she missed her chance with Elliot.
_______________________________________

Chapter 20: Time to Move On

There comes a time in everyone's life when they have to move on from something or someone they are extremely attached to. It could an old friend, your old home, a loved one... anything. For me, it was time to move on from My Girl. I guess I shouldn't call my My Girl anymore. Let's call her The One Who Got Away.

Today I went on a date my mom set me up on, Paris Martinez, the Pretty One She was surprisingly cool and I would love to see her again. I think we would be great together.

Do I still love The One That Got Away? Yes. Will I tell her? No. Why? Because moving on is the best thing for me to do.

So what are you moving on from? Is moving on the best thing for you?
_______________________________________

Sorry for any errors...

If you miss the above message please follow my Wattpad Instagram account: nutella.empress

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.8K 842 18
Maya Hart has been inseparable from Riley Matthews for as long as she could remember. But Maya's been seeing Riley through a different eye lately. Sh...
561K 9.8K 32
πŸ¦‹ε½‘β˜† βͺ π™»π™Ύπš…π™΄ π™²π™Ύπ™Όπ™΄πš‚ πš„π™½π™΄πš‡π™Ώπ™΄π™²πšƒπ™΄π™³π™»πšˆ ❫ πŸ¦‹ε½‘β˜† ❝IF I LOSE MYSELF TONIGHT, IT'LL BE YOU AND I❞ β–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒ π™žπ™£ π™¬π™π™žπ™˜π™, topan...
308K 5.5K 43
Josie Matthews is the younger twin sister of Josh Matthews. Josie has lived with Cory and Topanga since she was in 8th grade. Now a senior everything...
107K 2.1K 48
[Completed] "You can make anything by writing." Girl Meets World Season 1 - 2