The Art of Warren

By b00klover09

He was a mosaic, composed of broken pieces. She was an unfinished art project. ******** The moon goddess en... More

•Prologue•
•One•
•Two•
•Three•
•Four•
•Five•
•Six•
•Seven•
•Eight•
•Nine•
•Ten•
•Eleven•
•Twelve•
•Thirteen•
•Fourteen•
•Fifteen•
•Sixteen•
•Seventeen•
•Eighteen•
•Nineteen•
•Twenty•
•Twenty One•
•Twenty Two•
•Twenty Three•
•Twenty Four•
•Twenty Five•
•Twenty Six•
•Twenty Seven•
•Twenty Eight•
•Twenty Nine•
•Thirty•
•Thirty One•
•Thirty Two•
•Thirty Three•
•Thirty Four•
•Thirty Five•
•Thirty Seven•
•Thirty Eight•
•Thirty Nine•
•Forty•
Forty One
Forty Two
Forty Three
Forty four
Forty Five
Forty Six
Forty Seven
Forty Eight
Forty Nine
Fifty
Fifty One
Fifty Two
Fifty Three
Epilogue
The Art of Submission

•Thirty Six•

3.4K 172 22
By b00klover09

"Helping others is the way we help ourselves."

"Wake your big head up."

He could feel the soft, thin fingers of a woman sliding over his back. Whatever turmoil dream he was in, her gentle and inviting fingers were soothing him slowly into reality.

Eyes snapping open, he immediately noticed the woman laying next to him in bed. A creamy, silk night gown clung to her dark skin. Her kinky curls framed her diamond shaped face. Her honey eyes were glued to his own in the most loving gaze he had ever witnessed in his life.

"Are you okay?" She smirked as Trent reached out to her and grabbed her around the waist. He pulled her soft body tight against his solid one. He inhaled her scent deeply, groaning at the smell of her hair. He loved the smell of her. Everything about her.

Trent answered with a kiss to her neck, pressing deep on the mark he had given her. "Guess that was your answer," she gasped as he pressed into her body, loving the feel of her body pressed against him.

"I have to go now, Trent. Let me go."

He laughed, his hold on her tight as he tried to kiss her again. "Fuck no. Let's stay in bed."

The soft struggle she gave him began to increase and he could smell her worry. "Trent get off of me. Now. I can't be with you. This is wrong. I have my seal still."

Anger flared up in his body like he never experienced before. "You're mine, Arana. I don't give a fuck what anyone says," he snarled twisting her body around so she was facing him. His hand grabbed at her chin and held her tightly.

She screamed out in pain. "You're mine, Arana. You gotta get that through your fucking head!"

______________________

Arana awoke with a scream.

Her skin was flushed, her body on fire. She brought her shaky hand up to her forehead and wiped the slick sweat beaded down her face.

This couldn't keep happening. She couldn't keep having the same nightmares. Dreaming about men...no a man in lewd positions, in bed with her, touching her was a major issue. A flaw being nailed in her polished, bronze skin.

Why had she dreamed of herself through his point of view? It was odd, uncomfortable, weird. This dream was through his eyes though and it sickened her. He saw her as beautiful, he lusted after her almost painfully. It was all a lie, it wasn't the truth just a dream.

It was the fourth day she had dreamed such horrific and sinful hands on her body and creeping into her mind. It was all the sinners fault. All his fault.

Ever since that awful...no day full of blessings, her mind has been in turmoil and confusion. The day her novice found her mate, her blessing was the day she met that man. In all of her 24 years she had never, ever second guessed herself. Second guessed her decisions, or her ways. The moment that foul mouthed, tattoo dipped, heathen busted through her novices door...she had no peace.

"Priestess! The last forenoon meal for the holy order is being served!"

Goodness. It was already 9am! Having her lunar marking meant she was officially one with the goddess and permanently apart of the order. They priests and priestesses woke in the early morning and had most of their affairs in order by noon. It was nine am. Her tardiness was shameful.

"I will be down soon!"

Tumbling out of her bed, she rushed to her sparkling clean bathroom. The bathing room was covered in the goddesses official colors. Silver and white. As was most of the temple and the holy orders living quarters.

Dressing with haste, she flicked on the shower and shed her cream night gown, revealing her naked body. Her eyes went from the swell of her breasts, to her flat tummy. Her womanhood. All the things that were used to create life. It felt odd, having the gift of life and not being able to use it...

The reason for that unused cavern being the silver mark on her neck. It was not like a human tattoo. Not ink needled into the skin. It was a burn, an emblem...a promise pressed into her skin by the goddess. A promise she would uphold for as long as her earthly body would have it on her. Glowing moonlight was stamped onto her skin in a crescent moon shape. It was her pride, her joy, her love.

Instead of staring intently at what could have been, her hands slithering down to her stomach, she reached at her neck and rubbed the soft skin where the reminder of who she gave herself to permanently remained.

After showering and unbraiding her two cornrows, she was pleased to find out that the new product she brought really bought out the bounce in her curls. She would neglect the white head coverings they wore often. It wasn't like she had any commoners visiting her today. She could wear her hair free like a novice or a normal pack wolf.

Traveling down the long hallways bathed in white and cream, she kept her eyes on the colorful portraits and busts of the goddess. Each time she passed one she sent up a small prayer, as per her usual routine.

Once she arrived in the dining hall, a sea of white greeted her. She felt a small tug of relief in realizing that she was not the only late waker this morning.

She grabbed up a plate of porridge and bacon and took her usual seat. Overlooking the few novices who had kitchen duty. As she ate spoonful after spoonful of the porridge she kept her face neutral. The novices were watching her eat their food. No one could cook like Pomelia and the poor novices knew it. They tried but no one could cook like the soft spirited girl with the pretty smile.

Her chest ached thinking of Pomelia Grace. She had been in the fifth group of novices that Arana had the privilege to train. Her main goal was to teach the women and sometimes men who joined that they lived to serve the goddess. She taught them how to cook, clean, to serve the the holy order and of course to serve the goddess.

It was easier for newcomers to obey and listen to the strict rules of novices if they grew up in the temple. Most orphans, just like Pomelia Grace. The ones who abandoned their pack lives and assimilated to temple life were much more complicated. Arana had to pull them out of their self indulging, self servicing thoughts, and drill selflessness and servitude into them.

"Holiest sister, Arana may I spare a moment once you are done with your meal?"

A male voice spoke softly behind her. With only a handful of males allowed to enter with the goddesses permission, she knew all of their voices. This one was Arrow. He was thirty years of age, he had taught her how to descale and gut a fish. He was a good male.

"Yes, of course Arrow. Give me a moment."

She dabbed at her mouth with a napkin and glanced down at her food that she had not even finished 50% of. "Priestess would you like me to save it for later?"

A novice popped up out of nowhere with a pleasing look. She most likely cooked breakfast and was now nervous that people didn't like her food. "Of course. Thank you," she smiled, not looking forward to finishing this meal. She had to though. She could not waste food that was edible and unspoiled. That would be a slap in the face to the goddess.

She rose up from her seat and turned around to see the priest who wanted to speak to her. Her eyes were met with cream robes. She craned her neck upward, to meet his eyes. Arrow smiled at her, her eyes always going to his peculiar, goddess blessed hair.

Arrow had skin of mocha like herself, but his hair was different. His hair was doused in moonbeams, silver blessings growing from his head. His curls were like her own except he did nothing to keep them up. Nothing at all. His eyes were also pale, lacking much if not all color. He was truly blessed by the goddess as a male of worth and she always looked at him if her faith were ever shaken.

"What can I help you with, Arrow?" She questioned as she watched one the novices she was responsible for begin to clean near her. The girl smiled shyly, waving at Arana. She returned that wave, frowning as she noticed her dress was was wrinkled. She would most definitely have a word with her later.

Arrow smiled down at her. "A private word with you. In the gardens perhaps."

"Lead the way."

As they walked silently to their destination, Arana could not help to keep glancing at the male. Arrow's skin was unblemished of course, except for the seal on his neck. No tattoos marred his skin. He was clean shaven always. No unkempt stubble on face. He smelled fresh and clean. Not like sweat and earth...just after it rained.

"Your mind seems elsewhere, priestess."

Arana looked around, noticing their walk was relatively short. They were already at the garden... "It isn't. Just missing one of my novices who I trained well in culinary skills," she lied, watching the man's eyes narrow.

"You mean who I trained? You forget I taught you all you need to know in the kitchen?" He began to laugh and Arana pursed her lips. He was right. When she came here before she knew nothing of cooking.

"I suppose I'm forever indebted to you for that," she told the man as he flashed his white, shining smile again. "But I perfected the waffle recipe."

Arrow threw his head back and laughed loudly. Making the others in the garden glance their way. "You're right. How could I forget?...anywho I didn't come hear to speak of food, but of your safety."

Her safety? What could possibly harm her at the temple grounds? "I'm in danger?"

The man sighed loudly, looking around before taking a step closer to her. "I am not sure. That aggressive male that visited you last week. He seems dangerous."

Arana's mood soured. "The one with the tattoos?"

"And the foul mouth? Yes him. He came in demanding counsel and he was very insistent on having you to speak to. It is not often we have males asking for counsel from a priestess."

Of course, now the priests were worried. They had nothing to worry about. "Yes well he met me when Pomelia Grace went away with her mate. He is a pack mate of hers...and I believe Pomelia has spoken highly of me that is why he insisted on speaking just to me." The fact was she knew why he was infatuated with her. He believed he knew her. Which was a lie. She had never met that foul mouthed man ever.

"He is from bane pack?" Arrow snarled, his face bawling up in absolute disgust. It was her turn to frown at Arrow.

Arana put a hand up to silence his thoughts and mouth. "Arrow we service all packs, all people who come looking for the right path. I could not just cast him aside."

"If it affects your well-being yes, you surely can," the man argued. "I cleansed the room after, he smelt of rotten anger and loathing. When he comes back for counsel I will sit in the room with you."

Now this was getting out of hand. Very out of hand. "I am an adult, a marked priestess. You will not treat me like I am the same confused novice, Arrow. He will not be back because of what I asked him to do as apart of his penance. Do not worry or pray for me, pray for him."

Arrow squared his jaw, and crossed his arms over his chest. "I suppose you have put me in my correct place in this matter. You are like a young sister to me and I just do not wish for you to get harmed trying to save individuals who really do not wish to be saved by the goddess."

"Arrow I will turn no one down. Thank you for your concern though. It warms my heart to-"

"-Priestess!"

Of course, someone was calling her name. A petite blonde hair novice was rushing towards them with fear in her eyes. "Priestess, priest forgive me for this interruption!" She cried out as Arana wondered what the girl seemed so upset about.

"It is okay. I will leave you to your duties, Arana," Arrow bowed slightly before walking away, concerning himself with an overturned flower pot a few feet away from where they were standing.

Arana focused her attentions on the spooked girl. "What troubles you?"

"I-it is is Pomelia. She is on the telephone asking for you. She sounds incredibly upset." Her stomach clenched as she stared down at the terrified novice. She was sure the girl was a friend of Pomelia's. The former novice was kind to everyone, and most likely befriended a lot of the younger novices.

Placing a comforting hand on the novice, she smiled softly. "Be at ease. I will speak with her."

"Thank you, Priestess. She is on phone 20."

The girl bowed lowly, and left Arana to walk towards the visiting rooms. It was a room full of technology. Phones, computers with video. Ways for the priests and priestess fo visit their blood or pack family once they joined the temple.

She walked past the multiple row of white phones, finding the phone where Pomelia Grace was on. Sinking down into the comfortable chair, she picked the phone up and placed it to her ear. She was immediately met with sniffling.

"Pomelia?"

"Priestess!" Arana ground her teeth together at the sound of Pomelia's broken voice. She knew it. Knew that disgusting scoundrel would break her heart. She had threatened the blonde haired man who waltzed into the girls life and plucked her away from all she knew.

Even if he had broken her heart, it was not much Arana could do except soothe her former novice. "Pomelia? What is wrong? Speak to me."

The quiet crying and sobbing through the phone broke her heart in more ways than one. "I...I am not strong. I am too weak for this."

"Pomelia you are strong. Do not give in to dark thoughts...if you are struggling with strength ask the goddess to lend you some," she spoke calmly into the phone as the girl just cried even more. What did that heathen do to her?

After a short bout of silence, a shaky sigh came from the other end of the line. "Priestess I am s-so confused. He is a k-killer. He has maimed and tortured a-and killed people!"

Arana knew of the Bane pack. She was a priestess and had files of all the packs around them. Bane pack was a stain, a blemish on the white sheet of what packs were. It was unsightly, unloved and abandoned. Misfits, crooks and killers did reside there. Pomelia was right...and Arana struggled with what to tell the distraught girl.

"Sin..sin and evil are common practices amongst the pack members there," Arana began. "You should be a light to them Pomelia. Have them turn from their wicked ways."

Pomelia let loose a shaky sigh. "I love him," she whispered lowly. "I love him and I do not like myself for still loving him after he has lied so much. I know he is out k-killing as we speak and I cannot do anything about it."

Arana chewed on her bottom lip. She did not deal with love or relationships...she never had one before. "He hasn't changed his ways?"

"No...he left to go do a job. I know it is a killing one. I don't know. I don't know him at all. I don't know him and I love him. I am not sure what to do..." Arana felt anger boil up within her. She really had hope for the large blonde male.

"Pomelia-"

"-Priestess! Someone is requesting counsel."

What was it now?

***********************************
Thoughts of Arana👀🤔

Thank you guys for being patient I unfortunately caught Covid and was dealing with that last week. I'm much better now not fully recuperated but I'm getting there!

Please vote and comment and thank
you all❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

265K 15.7K 47
Sometimes, the line between enemy and lover is even thinner than it appears... Monsters exist. But so do Hunters. Evelyn Del Val comes from a long li...
882K 32.6K 53
♔︎𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥 𝐀𝐥𝐩𝐡𝐚 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐠 & 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐞♔︎ ❝𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚔𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚜𝚘 𝚋𝚊𝚍? 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚕𝚘�...
364K 11.6K 20
Artemis Lily is a witch in a werewolf town, and it seems like she's the only one that knows that. Running from Hunters that slaughtered her entire f...
177K 6K 40
Rejection is not natural. Neither is being wolf-born, but that one I had to live with. It began with a rejection, and not one that was taken lightl...