Wheel You Marry Me?

By GladysWanzagi

Ryan Tyler is an ill-mannered immature person who always gets what he wants. He is so arrogant and has a col... More

CAST.
CHAPTER 1.
CHAPTER 2.
CHAPTER 3.
CHAPTER 4.
CHAPTER 5.
CHAPTER 6.
CHAPTER 7.
CHAPTER 8.
CHAPTER 9.
CHAPTER 10.
CHAPTER 11.
CHAPTER 12.
CHAPTER 13.
CHAPTER 14.
CHAPTER 15.
CHAPTER 16.
CHAPTER 17.
CHAPTER 18.
CHAPTER 20.
CHAPTER 21.
CHAPTER 22.
CHAPTER 23.
CHAPTER 24.
CHAPTER 25.
CHAPTER 26.
CHAPTER 27.
CHAPTER 28.
CHAPTER 29.
CHAPTER 30.
CHAPTER 31.
CHAPTER 32.
Writer's Note.

CHAPTER 19.

329 24 4
By GladysWanzagi

"Are you eavesdropping on me in my own house?" She asked me, sounding too drunk. "No! No Eleanor. I was looking for the washroom." I lied to her. She looked at me and said "Hmm...I hope you are not lying to me. It's there." She pointed me to where the washroom was. I rushed to the washroom and locked the door behind me. Oh God! What is Eleanor up to? I looked at myself in the mirror and I looked as if I just saw a ghost. I opened the tap and splashed some water on my face. I leaned on the sink for a moment just to relax myself. I took a deep breath and left.

Downstairs people kept dancing and eating as if nothing was going on. "There you are!" Ryan said to me with a wide smile when he saw me. I gave him a false grin. "Are you alright?" He asked me. "Yeah! I-I...am fine." I lied to him. I know I wasn't fine because I was literally shaking. "You look like you have seen a ghost." He said. I just gave him a blank stare. The waiter walked with glasses of champagne on his tray. I took one glass and drank the whole champagne at once. "Wow! Slow down." Ryan told me. I think he said that because he knows I don't usually drink. "I have to go home. I am sorry." I apologized to him. I was about to leave and he said "wait!" and pulled my hand. I looked at him. "Can I at least drive you home?" He asked me politely. "No! No...I'll take an Uber or a Lyft." I told him and walked outside.

I took out my phone from the purse and called an Uber. After several minutes of waiting my Uber arrived. I went straight home. I kept thinking of the noise I heard from the room opposite the washroom. What really happened to that person? What if they died and I was able to save them but I didn't do anything? A lot of questions kept crossing my mind. Suddenly my phone rang and I found myself jumping from my own bed. Skylar was calling. "Hey Sky."
"Hey Aurora. Where are you? I can't find you." She said. "Uh...I am at home. I left, I wasn't feeling that well." I lied to her. "Hmmm...really? Or you were running from your Prince Charming?" She asked, then giggled like a little girl. Oh my! She sounds so drunk. "Sky, where are you?" I asked her. "Uh...I-I really don't know." She said then kept quiet. "Sky! Sky! Sky, are you there?" I asked but there was no response then the call ended.

Oh God! This is getting more scary. I hope my best friend is safe. I took my phone and called Ryan. It rang thrice and he picked up. "Aurora are you alright?" That's what he asked after answering my call. "Y-Yeah...but I am worried about Skylar." I told him. "What happened to her?" He asked me. "She called me sounding so drunk and I asked her where she was. She said she didn't know and then hung up on me. I am so worried about her. Please help me find out if she is still at your house." I begged him. "Okay, let me look for her then I'll give you a call." He told me and ended the call.

After several minutes he called me. "Hey, did you find her?" I asked him immediately. "Yes! She just left with Douglas.  She is safe." He told me. I felt a bit relieved. "Alright. Thank you so much Ryan." I thanked him. "No problem. Aurora...are you really okay?" He asked me with a concerned voice. "Yeah! I am okay." I told him. "Alright, um...if you need someone to talk to I am always here. Have a good night, gorgeous." He said that and ended the call.

I glanced at my phone and it was past midnight. I closed my eyes and thought about the kiss I shared with Ryan. I remembered how he tasted like home chocolate peppermint. The thought of him gives me goosebumps all over. I think I am falling for this guy. With that thought I drifted off to sleep.

                                        ***

I woke up to someone pounding hard on my door. I tried opening my eyes but my head hurt so bad. I closed them and hoped that person would leave my door but the person kept knocking. I groaned and got up from my bed. I walked  to the living room and went to open the door. "Oh my! You are a mess." Sandy Barton said as she looked at me. What? What is she doing here? Wait! It is a Sunday. I am supposed to be at the studio recording some songs. Shit! Shit! "I-I..,I-
"I know you are sorry. Now please go and change. We only have fifteen minutes." She cut me off before I finished my apology. I rushed to my bathroom. It only took me ten minutes to shower and get dressed. I walked to the kitchen and opened the fridge. I took a bottle of orange juice and we went to the studio.

"Aurora, what's wrong with you today?" Edmund, my music manager asked me. I looked at him and was about to say something then he said "I don't feel that fire in you. Please start from the top again. 1, 2, 3 and go." I started singing....

Nobody knows you better than me
Better than the cologne you wear
Every single detail chantilly
Every curl inside your hair.

And I am falling in, falling in the light
Anything you want to do
You and me, you and me intertwine.

Oh! I can be the queen of shadow
Every way you turn, I am chasing you
Tell you where to go, I'll follow
Everywhere you run, I'll stalk you.

I can be the dark, you can look right through me
In a flash of love we're just one body.

"Yes! Yes! Yes! That's the fire I was talking about in Aurora." Edmund told me when I finished singing. Sandy Barton looked at me with a wide grin plastered on her face and gave me a thumbs up. It was break time. So, I left the studio and went to a small cafe that was opposite the studio. On my way out Sandy Barton came to me and whispered  "Whatever you did last night please keep doing it. I love this new fire in you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

569 35 31
Savannah is your typical quiet girl. She doesn't enjoy confrontation and she was always in the shadow of her greatest rival. Well that is after the d...
451 176 35
Ruth is an enthusiastic young psychologist with the sole aim to see everyone around her happy. Everything changes,when she crosses path with Gideon,h...
16.1K 578 65
There are few things that humble Allie Carson. As a senior, she is a central part of the popular crowd and can have any guy she wants - and she knows...
23.9K 526 41
Ryan's family dies in a car crash and she moves in with her mom's friend so collage. she has anxiety problems ever since her family's death but keeps...