The Slytherin Twin| Ron Weasl...

By charlotteelizabeth13

a book about falling apart and coming back together without even realizing. Holly Granger is Hermione Granger... More

prologue

18 1 3
By charlotteelizabeth13

Holly Granger—yes Granger, as in the twin of Hermione— could not be more different from her sister. Hermione was practically perfect in every way, but that's not all. Hermione was loved by their parents, Holly was not. Hermione was proud Gryffindor, whilst Holly was an ambitious Slytherin. Hermione loathed Draco Malfoy, and Holly was in love with him.

Their appearances were strikingly different as well, given the fact that they are fraternal twins which they stress at every single chance they get. Hermione was frizzy and curly brown locks, that went beautifully with her amber eyes, and in comparison Holly has raven hair, and deep blue eyes. Something about their smiles were quite similar— but no one would ever notice because Holly never smiled anymore. It had been so long since the masses had seen a smile on her face that they completely forgot what it used to look like. She seemed to always have a sort of sadness to her, something that her Slytherin acquaintances could never quite figure out. It was there from the moment they first met her, and they only saw some resolve in it when she was with Hermione.

But Hermione and Holly have not spoken more than twenty words to each other since third year, and given that it was now fifth year, that seems quite insane to most of their peers since when the pair are out of Hogwarts for the summer, they live together. No one really knows what happened between the two girls at the beginning of third year, but the change was drastic.

All throughout their first and second year, Holly and Hermione were attached at the hip, just like they had been their entire lives. Even though they were in separate houses, that never stopped them from having sleepovers in the Gryffindor common room and acting as if there wasn't a deep house rivalry between their houses. Holly still hung out with the Slytherins of course, but they never felt like home, it always felt fabricated and cold, like their kindness was only there because of the house that they shared. Holly knew that if she was put in any other house, they would never even spare a second glance to her, because she was muggleborn, and they were blood purists to the core.

Most people speculate that the fault in their once inseparable relationship had something to do with Draco Malfoy.

Draco Malfoy was one of the worst blood purists there was, yet he somehow took a liking to Holly. It was insane, literal madness, according to Pansy Parkinson. She really had no clue how Draco would ever even be able to look at a mudblood for more than five seconds without wanting to puke, but there Draco was, falling in love with Holly. Draco really couldn't explain it either. She was so quick-witted, and had the same intelligence as her sister, though she didn't show it off much. Not to mention she was gorgeous, with the most entrancing blue eyes and heartwarming smile.

Some part of Draco seemed to forget the fact that Holly was a mudblood— most times he even forgot that she was twins with Hermione due to how great the difference was between the two. Draco knew in the back of his head that it was wrong to be in love with a mudblood, he understood that fact very well because of how deeply Lucius had drilled it into his head, but when he was sitting next to Holly at the top of the Astronomy Tower, watching the shooting stars go by and seeing the lightest smile form on her face, the ideal seemed to wash away.

One night, three months into third year, Holly and Draco were at the Astronomy Tower, like they were practically every night, when Hermione, Ron and Harry stumbled up there. No one really knows what happened except for the five of them, but from that night on an even bigger piece of Holly's light was gone, and if you looked close enough, that same fact would ring true with Hermione as well.

After the falling out, everyone understood why Holly had been put into Slytherin. It was always a mystery to everyone. Since she grew up in the same loving home Hermione had grown up in, since they were twins and loved each other so, shouldn't Holly be in Gryffindor as well? No, apparently that is not always the case. Not everyone was as fortunate as the Weasleys, feeling immense love from their parents, never feeling left out or second best because there were so damn many of them, and they were all as amazing as could be imagined— except for Percy.

Holly's rare but beautiful smiles were gone. Her small acts of kindness that she attempted to have go unnoticed shriveled up. The light had left her eyes, and if she didn't speak every once in a while one would think that a dementor had come along and sucked out her soul. She let the darkness that she constantly fought back consume her, because she really didn't have much to fight for anymore. She became just like Draco, something he noticed, and hated at first, but became accustomed to. One of the reasons he loved her was the fact that even though they were so similar, she was still so good. So kind and loving and had a light to her that would consume a room, even though her features would make you think otherwise.

Ronald Weasley had noticed the same thing about her. He too had grown to enjoy the light she would bring into his life, and the way that her laugh seemed to fill up his soul without trying. He always had a small crush on her through first and second year, and for a small moment thought she might feel that small tug on her heart every time he smiled, the same way he felt whenever her eyes crinkled slightly and her smile lines took over her cheeks to make a breathtaking expression that only he and a few others had the pleasure to see.

This all changed third year though. The year that Draco took over. It wasn't fair. Not at all. It wasn't fair because Draco did not deserve her. No one really deserved Holly, she seemed almost untouchable to those on the outside of her circle, but if anyone should have her, it should certainly be Ron. He didn't understand what she saw in him, and he didn't understand how Draco manipulated her into tolerating him. For a little while she genuinely seemed happy, so Ron let it go, but of course all good things come to an end.

The night at the tower happened, and Ron's feelings were put on the back burner.

Holly feels empty, and can't seem to find her way out of the hole that she has dug herself into, but maybe a push in the right direction, or rather the rug being pulled out under her feet, will provide her with a shovel. Maybe fifth year will finally be the year that the void will be filled. All she has left in the world is Draco, and sure his love is nice, but somehow it hasn't fixed her. Maybe Holly is unfixable, and no one can save her— not even herself.

Kaya Scoldelario as Holly Granger

Lily Rose Depp as Jane Oliver

Alex Pettyfer as Theodore Nott

Alexandria Daddario as Charlotte Tonks

Ron Weasley as in movies

Hermione Granger as in movies

Harry Potter as in movies

Draco Malfoy as in movie

Blaise Zabini as in movies

Pansy Parkinson as in movies

Fred and George Weasley as in movies

Ginny Weasley as in movies

el oh el, i made this shitty cover but it'll do for now. i'm pumped up guys. there aren't enough ron fanfics. this is kind of a slow burn doe so strap in, the ride is bumpy but beautiful.

hope u enjoyed <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1M 98.9K 104
>「𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘢𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘰 𝘌𝘳𝘢 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘥 」 𝐒𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐄𝐑 𝐕𝐄𝐑. Demon Slayer belongs to Koyoh...
74.2K 1.7K 32
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...
789K 29.4K 105
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
585K 9K 86
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...