Sinking (Hitoshi Shinso x OC)

By yohocopo14

Katherine Yamada is the only daughter of the pro hero Present Mic, and it's just them vs. the world. That's... More

~before we begin~
Chapter 1: promises
Chapter 2: home sweet- OH MY GOSH DAD ARE YOU DEAD?
Chapter 3: crashing the U.A entrance exams
Chapter 4: nightmares and first days
Chapter 5: past meets present
Chapter 6: pomeranian boy
Chapter 7: quirk assessments
chapter 8: quirks and todoroki
Chapter 9: all might fed his hair to an angel
Chapter 10: USJ
Chapter 11: USJ part 2
Chapter 12: USJ part 3
Chapter 13: the aftermath
Chapter 15: cavalry race
Chapter 16: shinso likes boats
Chapter 17: Iida the rocket
Chapter 18: our lord and savior izuku
Chapter 19: fallen angel
Chapter 20: lavender and the ocean
Chapter 21: owie
Chapter 22: airport help desk fiasco
Chapter 23: wake up calls and fake smiles
Chapter 24: internships and hero names
Chapter 25: nomu go rawr and nimbus sucks
Chapter 26: how to catch a snake
~ really late christmas special ~
A/N: im not dead i swear
Chapter 27: confrontation
Chapter 28: fickle pickle
Chapter 29: orange blossoms are pretty
Chapter 30: love u til time stops
A/N: lol get ur feelings wrecked
~100+ Votes Special~

Chapter 14: the obstacle course

304 16 0
By yohocopo14

cath is here writing like the good person she is during study hall :D

Enjoy~

~~~~

The day I went back to school was probably one of the worst days of my entire life. 

I could feel everyone staring at me from a mile away and I couldn't even blame them. 

I'm the girl that went crazy and beat the absolute shit out of a villain but never managed to catch him. 

I'm the girl who hurt people without a second thought.

I'm also the girl who had a weird quirk no one knew about.

I'm an outcast.

Even Uraraka-san wouldn't talk to me either out of fear or pity or maybe even both. 

Everyone was told to keep their mouths shut about what happened with me. No one talked to me the entire day and it took everything I had to keep myself from falling apart, but Lina's words repeated in my head constantly and drove me to stay and work for their respect.

The U.A sports festival was the perfect chance.

~~~~

I spent the days leading to the festival training and investigating what exactly had happened to me when I went berserk. Some of my classmates stated that I had healed someone and suddenly gained inhuman strength which isn't a part of my quirk that I knew of.

With Uncle Aiza and principal Nezu's help, I managed to find an idea of what it could be. In greek mythology, Sirens were goddesses who were said to lure sailors to sea. My quirk was based off of and could be compared to the powers of a Siren. 

There is a chance, even though it is small, that along with the ability to transform my legs into a tail and summon the wings of an angel, or maybe even a goddess who knows, control people with the power of my voice, I could also have a certain time period when I can gain the power of a goddess. 

This struck me as completely stupid at first, then I did some more research and found that this could actually be an answer.

After sparring with as many different U.A teachers as I possibly could using my awesome powers of persuasion *cough* offered to sing at the festival *cough* and continued to train as hard as possible. 

My quirk isn't very physical, so I try to work out as much as possible to keep my body  in shape. I sparred with Uncle Aiza every morning until I felt confident in my chances of winning back my classmates who aren't really speaking to me at the moment. I can do this.

~~~~

"Oh my gosh, I'm so nervous I can't do this what if I trip and fall like an idiot and everyone hates me even more. What if my voice cracks during the national anthem and everyone hears me? What if my dads fans hate me? What if I don't make it to the end and I end up losing? What am I going to dOoOoooOo?"

"Katherine, you're going to be fine. Just shut up and go to your waiting room," Uncle Aiza said in his usual monotone voice, "You've worked hard."

I teared up a little bit, "Uncle Aiza, that's the nicest thing you've said to me in a long time."

"Just go before your dad gets here and never lets you leave."

After hearing that sprinted down from the commentator's box and made my way to the 1-A waiting room. I swung open the door because I was in a rush and ended up hitting someone in the face.

"Oh wow, I'm so so sorry for hitting you with the door! I was in a rush and-"

"Whatever."

I was left gaping as Iida walked away to take a seat at a table in the average sized waiting room. I heard a few snickers from my classmates and sulked all the way to the back of the room where I hunched my back in an attempt to hide myself from everyone. 

That was until the announcement was made to go to the arena. I stretched my arms and was the last one to leave the room.

That meant that I was the last to step into the arena from my class and when I did, the crowd went wild. And my classmates did not like that.

"Katherine! I love listening to you and Present Mic's podcasts every day! You guys always make me smile!"

"Katherine, good luck!"

"Isn't that Present Mic's daughter?!"

"Thank you for making me laugh!"

I felt a genuine smile light up my face for the first time in a while and I was reminded why I put up with my judgmental classmates, why I strove to be a hero. 

I smiled and waved at all of the people who supported me, ignoring the glares pointed at me. A girl my age threw a little crown into the arena for me and I laughed while I put it on and did a little twirl. Then I had to line up with my class in the center of the arena.

Midnight then took the stage and I was brought forth to sing the national anthem. I did surprisingly well although I stuttered a little at the beginning, but everyone just laughed it off with me. My heart felt like it was soaring.

Then Midnight announced that the first stage of the festival would be an obstacle course. My smile faltered a bit, but I reminded myself that I trained hard for this kind of thing. 

I stood at the very front of the narrow tunnel while preparing myself to win. I defended my great position at the very front of the group and waited for the starting signal.

When I heard the siren ring and felt people pushing harder, I knew it was starting. 

I dashed out of the tunnel as fast as humanly possible of someone not using their quirk which seems ridiculous, but very much necessary. Constantly getting hip checked my my fellow front runners and slipping on Todoroki's ice only made things harder than usual.

However, this was much easier that what I did in America.

Suddenly, a huge shadow covered our small forms.

Giant robots.

I took a deep breath and dashed under the robots leaving everyone behind.

"KATHERINE YAMADA HAS TAKEN THE LEAD AND IS NOW RUNNING UNDER THE GIANT ROBOTS!"

"Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit."

I foot of a robot narrowly missed my head.

"Shit. Shit. Shit."

I gracefully climbed over hands trying to grab me.

"SHIT. SHIT. SHIT."

I was almost there when I heard the screeching of metal collapsing.

"Todoroki, that motherfucke-"

I dove out of the way.

Dust fell and I could only hear the sounds of my own heart beating in unproportional, irrational thumps.

"I almost died."

With that, I got up and dashed forward, not missing the chance to stay second place and beat Todoroki to first place.

"A CANYON?" I screamed and my voice echoed below me.

Todoroki was already halfway through the canyon and I was very impatient.

"Bet."

I muttered curses under my breath as I walked across the rope, swinging and nearly giving me a heart attack about twenty different times.

Others were just getting to the start of the canyons when I reached the end.

I waved at them with a smile on my face, and I sped off once again, chasing Todoroki to the finish line.

I was running as if my life were on the line when I was sent flying into the air from an explosion.

I landed with a hard thump, "Mines? Seriously?"

I growled in annoyance and carefully observed the ground.

The ground was slightly darker and uneven where the mines are planted.

With that, I jogged at a moderate, unrushed speed over the minefield, but I heard the screams of other contestants flying into the air. 

"This is taking way too long..." I mumbled, irritated after seeing Bakugō smirk at me before flying faster towards the finish line, "Fine, fuck it."

My jog sped to a full on 'i'm being chased by multiple weiner dogs' dash, but I was covered by a mysterious shadow and when I looked up, I couldn't help myself from slowing down.

It was Midoriya-san, flying through the air on a metal plate.

"What..." I muttered and picked my pace back up after the initial curiosity.

Running, running, and even more freaking running.

I watched in awe as Midoriya-san gracefully used Bakugō and Todoroki-san as living stools and slammed his metal plate onto a mine which blew up, sending him tumbling farther ahead than the rest of us in the front of the group.

After my confusion, I quickly tried to catch up, but Midoriya-san made it teary-eyed to first, Todoroki-san second(just like his asshole of a father), Bakugō huffing and puffing in third and me, grinning from ear to ear in fourth place.

I scanned the rest of the survivors of the first round and sighed, satisfied that most of my class had made it safely. People began congratulating each other and the crowd cheered for my rising to the second round where they hoped to see my quirk.

huffed as I heard a familiar, deafening scream, "GOOD JOB, PONYO!"

I rolled my eyes and yelled back, "THANKS, DAD!"

The crowd thought it was the funniest thing on Earth, but the other students, no so much. I felt dirty looks being casually thrown my way, but I smiled, persevering for the sake of the future.

"Good people smile, Katherine," I calmly reminded myself as I dusted the dirt and grime off of my gym uniform and sent small waves to the people cheering me on in the masses. 

Stage one: passed

~~~~

ok im gonna stop that right there and say I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT IM DOING. yup thats it. so im gonna go to sleep now but im going camping this weekend and i may not upload so dont miss me too much(lmao ik u wont just let me have my moment)

*insert cath screaming* THIS FF IS ALMOST AT 100 READS SOMEONE TELL ME THIS ISNT A JOKE. IS THE UNIVERSE TAUNTING ME AGAIN? *insert more screaming*

Have a great day,

Cath

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.4K 952 72
Moving in Japan alone for her was a nightmare , yes it truly was. Being alone was what scared her the most. She would always blame herself and thinki...
590K 30.9K 105
Koto Yamada has a powerful quirk: to manifest any sound she can imagine from wherever she wants. Her untrained power results in pain and suffering fo...
114K 2.8K 46
katsuki bakugo has been desperately in love with his best friend y/n Aizawa since the young age of four but is too terrified to tell her in fear of r...
69K 1.6K 36
[COMPLETED] being bullied during your childhood days, sucked. especially for such a fragile kid who dreams to be the top hero izuku midoriya who has...