Pressure

By TPWLarry

Eager to reach his families expectations, Louis lives a life of secrecy and denial. In one of the most respec... More

Welcome
The Tomlinson's
Boarding
Arrival
Room mates
The visit
Competition
The First Prank
Rumours
Consequences
Argumentative
Another day, another game
The suit
Advice
Shopping with styles
Romeo and Juliet
Curiosity
The nurses office
Accused
Friends
Self defence
Bad memories
Trust
Photography
The missing key
Opening up
Conflicted
Fragile
Confusion
Fallen angels
Nightmares
Halloween
Excluded
Code
Bruised
The woods
Confirm
The fundraiser
Run away
More Like Home
Take The Hint

Criminal

28.7K 911 13.8K
By TPWLarry

Song: One for the road, Arctic Monkeys

"You are not putting fake blood on me" Harry said as he stood behind Louis who was looking at the Halloween section in Poundland, his arms filled with props for his photography assignment.

Louis rolled his eyes and continued looking, finally finding a roll of caution tape. "You put makeup on me, why can't I use a bit of fake blood?" He said, almost dropping a few of his items. "Why didn't we get a basket again?"

"Because you said you wouldn't carry it" Harry reminded him with a bored tone to his voice. "And yeah, but you're also doing my makeup. Why do I need fake blood too?"

Louis looked around and spotted a woman who had two baskets, one full and one empty. He grinned and walked over to her quickly before grabbing the basket from her. "You don't need this do you?" He asked with a sickly sweet voice, plastering a fake smile onto his face.

"I do actually" she replied with an unamused expression. Her eyes narrowed and her lips turned down as she reached to take back her basket.

Louis moved the basket away, holding it behind his back as Harry shook his head at him, trying to bite back his laughter. "I'm sure you don't. You have one right there" he said, pointing to her full basket.

"But-" she tried to argue, however Louis cut her off quickly.

"Thanks love" He said with a charming look before walking away, leaving the woman to huff in annoyance as she went to find another basket.

Louis dumped his props into the basket before continuing to look at the other items as if nothing had ever happened, all whilst Harry watched him in disbelief. "You can't just do that. The poor woman looked like she wanted to kill you" Harry said.

Louis turned around and looked at Harry for a moment before shoving the basket into his chest, making him hold it. "I've already done it now" he shrugged with a smirk, turning back around to continue browsing.

Harry sighed and stepped up besides him, now holding the basket in his hand. "Don't you think that was a bit rude?"

Louis grabbed a pair of silver handcuffs and threw them in the basket, along with a box of cotton swabs. "Not at all. She basically had one to spare" he replied causally.

"Yeah, that she was going to use" Harry pointed out, following Louis around until the boy came to a halt.

Louis groaned and faced him once again, "Why do you care so much about some woman you don't even know? I saw you trying not to laugh anyway"

"It was a bit funny, but I still feel bad for her" Harry replied with a sheepish look.

"It's a bloody basket styles, I think she'll live" Louis scoffed and continued walking.

Harry decided to drop it and followed along after him, it wasn't like Louis was going to run off to the woman and give her back the basket.

"Why do you need cotton swabs?" Harry asked as he peered into the basket, already half full with random items that Louis probably didn't even need.

"DNA samples" Louis said as if it were obvious. "Do you reckon they'll let us buy knives?" He added, looking at the sharp blades.

Harry furrowed his brows. "You're really taking this seriously aren't you"

"Obviously" Louis mumbled, and Harry flinched when Louis threw the knife into the basket. "I've got to keep my grades up and the photography section is probably my best bet. I can't draw for shit"

"But you don't even need half this shit" Harry replied, holding up a plastic skull. "What are you honestly planning to do with a fake skull?"

Louis shrugged, "Could make a crime scene"

"And how would the crime scene involve me? A murderer isn't just going to sit around waiting for a body to decompose" Harry said, shoving the skull back into the basket.

"Some might. There's some really sick people out there you know" Louis replied, "I think that's everything anyway, we can go checkout" he continued, turning down an isle to join the line of waiting customers.

Harry looked into the basket again, more specifically at the knife, and his brows pinched together. "I highly doubt they're going to let sixteen year olds buy a knife Louis"

"Perhaps they won't" Louis shrugged, turning around to look at Harry with a mischievous glint in his eyes and a growing smirk. "Perhaps we can steal it" he whispered jokingly.

It took harry a moment to realise Louis was joking, and he let out a small chuckle. "Stealing is one thing, stealing a knife makes us look even dodgier" Harry said, gesturing for Louis to move forward in the line

Louis stepped backwards, making sure he didn't knock into the old lady behind him, "Who says we'll get caught?"

"Aren't you supposed to be against crime? What with wanting to pursue a career in forensics and all?" Harry asked.

"Maybe that's just a cover up for my secret life as a criminal" Louis replied with a playful tone.

"Oh what a scandal" Harry said with a shocked voice, "Louis Tomlinson, serial killer attending boarding school. Who might his next victim be?"

"He has curly hair and green eyes, though I shouldn't really be giving away descriptions of my future victims" Louis said with a wink.

"I wonder who that poor soul could be" Harry sighed with a shake of his head, "Curly haired, green eyed boys don't deserve to die"

"I think they do. Those specific creatures are the worst of them all. Did you know they have the ability to send you to sleep when they talk? It's quite fascinating really" Louis said as he tried to bite back his smile once seeing Harry's offended expression.

"I do not!" Harry screeched, hitting Louis' arm.

Louis finally let his laughter out and shoved Harry back. "You really do. It takes forever for you to form a sentence"

Harry pouted and pushed Louis further up the line as they got closer to the checkout. "I just like to think before I speak. God knows what I'd say if i didn't" he argued.

"What would you say then?" Louis asked.

Harry thought for a moment until his pout was replaced by a small grin. "That you're a rude prick with no decency" he answered, and now it was Louis' turn to be offended.

"At least I'm not an arrogant son of a bitch" Louis quipped with a raise of his eyebrow.

"Next!" A cashier shouted just as Harry was about to retort. He huffed at Louis' smirk and followed the boy to the till.

Louis dumped his basket on the counter and tapped his foot impatiently as the girl began to scan his items. "Can I get a bag?" Louis asked.

"Please" Harry added, stepping harshly on Louis foot.

Louis winced and kicked Harry in the shin in retaliation, causing the boy to Yelp before covering his mouth. The girl watched the two with a confused face before she grabbed a bag for Louis to put his props in. She then took out the next item, being the knife, and looked unamused. "I'm sorry but I can't sell you this without a form of ID"

Louis sighed and Harry made a face that said 'I told you so'. "It's only for an assignment though, it's not like I'm going to harm anyone with it" He said with a pleading tone. "Why else would we buy all them Halloween props?"

She shook her head and placed the knife under the counter. "We aren't interested in your intentions, if you're not 18 we can't sell you the item. I'm sorry but it's our policy"

"It's fine, we can get one from the kitchen or something" Harry whispered to Louis.

Louis rolled his eyes and ignored him. "I don't give a shit about your policy. Don't you know who I am?"

Of course he pulled that card, Harry thought with an embarrassed groan.

"Don't take that tone with me sir, I'm only doing my job" She replied with a bored voice, clearly irritated by Louis' attitude.

Harry saw that Louis was about to continue arguing, and with a huff he cut him off last minute. "Don't worry about him, he's in a bad mood. Just finish with the rest of our items and we'll leave" he said politely, smiling tightly at the girl.

She nodded with a slight glare and began to scan the other items as Louis tried his best to bite his tongue. He scowled at Harry and once the girl had finished he paid and grabbed the bag roughly, storming out of the shop without a moment to waste.

"Sorry" Harry mumbled before running out to catch up with Louis. Once he was finally walking in step with him again he placed a hand on Louis' shoulder and stopped him. "What the hell was that?" He asked with a bite to his tone.

"She gave me attitude so I gave it back" Louis snipped, shrugging Harry's hand off his shoulder.

"No, she didn't. She was only doing her job like she said and I told you in the first place they wouldn't sell it to us. There was no need to get in a strop" Harry replied.

"I'm not in a fucking strop" Louis said, though he clearly was. "I just don't get why they won't sell it to us. It's not like I'm going to murder anyone- well, after that I just might"

"Don't be so dramatic. They have a policy they have to stick to, and just because you're a Tomlinson that doesn't give you a free pass" Harry said, pushing back a few curls that had fallen into his eyes.

"It should give me a free pass" Louis muttered, looking down at his shoes.

"Whatever. I'm hungry and tired so can we go get something to eat and forget about this?" Harry gave in, he couldn't be bothered dealing with Louis' antics today.

"Fine. Where from?" Louis asked, only now noticing how his stomach was growling and it felt like it was in knots. He really needed to stop missing breakfasts and get up earlier.

"Um, I'm feeling pizza. Are you feeling pizza?" Harry said after a moment with wide doe eyes, almost looking confused for a reason Louis couldn't place.

"No" Louis said with a straight face, trying not to break a smile.

Harry's confused expression morphed into one of disappointment and he scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. "Oh, uh, okay. Never mind. We could go to-"

"I was joking" Louis cut him off with a small chuckle, and Harry visibly relaxed. "Where to then?"

"Pizza express" Harry said with a wide smile. "I swear they do the best pizzas in all of England" he stated proudly as if he ran the restaurant himself.

"Alright, I'll take your word for it" Louis shrugged and followed Harry to the restaurant.

Once they made it there a man instantly greeted them enthusiastically. "Hello! Do you guys have a reservation?"

"No sorry" Harry replied, hoping they weren't full.

"No worries. Table for two I assume? Last minute date is it?" He asked with a wink.

Harry coughed slightly and looked at Louis from the corner of his eyes. Louis grew red in the face and looked anywhere but the two people he was stood with, shoving his hands into his pockets as he rocked on his feet.

"Oh, uh we're not a couple. Just- hungry, I guess" Harry corrected, at a loss for words.

"Oh I apologise, silly mistake. I'll take you to your table if you'll both follow me" The man replied with a laugh, shaking his head to himself as he gestured for Louis and Harry to follow him before walking ahead.

Louis stood there awkwardly for a moment, waiting for Harry to go first, only harry did the same. "You can go" Louis said, nodding his head in the direction of the man.

"Right, yeh. Thanks" Harry replied, finally moving out of the way.

Louis let out a deep sigh and followed after him, his skin crawling with how awkward the situation had suddenly become and he hoped it wouldn't continue throughout their meal. He could handle angry Harry, sad Harry, Happy Harry and annoying Harry. He couldn't handle awkward Harry.

"Here is your table and menus, I'll be back in five minutes to take your drinks order if that's okay?" The man said with a smile as Louis and Harry took their seats across from one another, shrugging off their coats to hang on the back of their chairs.

"That's great, thank you" Harry replied whilst Louis ignored him, instead choosing to focus on the menu.

He walked away and left the two of them to decide on drinks, slightly noticing Louis' rude behaviour. For a good few minutes it was silent, and Harry's eyes kept drifting from his menu up to Louis every so often, only he was ignoring him too. "What's wrong now?" Harry asked with a roll of his eyes.

Louis scoffed and shook his head, still not meeting his eyes. "As if he thought I'd ever date someone like you"

Harry furrowed his brows and his lips turned down. "And what's that supposed to mean? Someone like me?"

"Well for starters you're a boy. I'm not into that" Louis replied confidently, putting his menu down.

"Yes but it's only hypothetical. Say i weren't a boy, why wouldn't you date me otherwise?" Harry asked, leaning forward and placing his elbows on the table.

Louis let out a humerus huff and began counting on his fingers. "You're annoying, irritating, you talk too slow and get up too early. You talk back way too much, and don't get me started on how clumsy you are. Need I go on?"

"But them qualities wouldn't make me a bad boyfriend. Everyone has their flaws" Harry shrugged. "Why would my clumsiness affect a relationship?"

Louis pursed his lips with a pause, "It would be embarrassing" he answered, and Harry gave him a confused look. "Say someone took you on a date, and you fell over in, I don't know, a restaurant or something, it would be embarrassing for your partner"

"If someone were to be embarrassed of me rather than help me then I wouldn't want to date them in the first place. In a true relationship, my partner wouldn't be ashamed that I fell over in front of others, they would help me up and give me reassurance" Harry replied firmly.

"And you wouldn't be embarrassed if the roles were reversed?" Louis asked with a tilt to his head.

"No, of course not. If I really liked someone I'd have the decency to respect them, be kind to them. I wouldn't laugh at their faults or shy away from them" Harry said, giving Louis a look that suggested he should have already known his answer.

"It would be a little awkward though, wouldn't it? If you fell over during a first date" Louis asked in amusement.

"I'd be embarrassed of myself, sure. But I'd hope my partner wouldn't be" Harry replied, stopping just in time for their waiter to arrive, the same man that led them to their table.

"Have you decided on drinks yet or would you like a little more time?" He asked, a small notepad in his hand and a pen at the ready.

"Now is fine" Louis answered for once, "I'll have a water please" he said, looking expectantly over at Harry.

"An iced tea for me" Harry said with a smile.

"Alright, and have you had chance to decide what you'd like for your meal or would you prefer me to come back?"

"Have you decided?" Louis asked Harry, who nodded after a moment. "Okay, um, I'll have a pepperoni pizza please"

"And I'll have Ham and pineapple" Harry said, missing the disgusted look on Louis' face.

"Great! I'll be back with your drinks soon" the waiter closed his notepad and took the menus before rushing back off to the counter.

Harry finally faced Louis again and saw his expression. "What?" He asked.

"Ham and pineapple? Seriously?" Louis asked with a grimace.

"What's wrong with ham and pineapple?" Harry replied with a defensive tone.

"Pineapple on pizza should be illegal. Any fruits on pizza for that matter" Louis stated.

"Tomato is a fruit, that's on pizza" Harry pointed out with a grin.

"Yes but tomatoes basically are vegetables. I mean proper fruits, sweet ones. It's just not right" Louis said with a shake of his head.

"Well I think it's delicious. At least my choice wasn't boring"

"Pepperoni is a classic, you can't go wrong" Louis argued. "Better than some chunks of slimy, sweet fruit that should not be mixed with cheese"

Harry rolled his eyes for what felt like the millionth time that day. "Whatever, I like it you don't. Let's just agree to disagree"

"Fine" Louis said with a sigh. "Anyway, what were we talking about?"

"Falling over whilst on dates" Harry said with a small chuckle.

"Ah yes. A great topic of discussion" Louis replied sarcastically. "Go on then, what are you looking for in a girl?" He then asked, trying to keep the conversation going as he would rather not sit in awkward silence.

Harry raised his brows at the sudden question before trying to think. "Uh, someone who's- nice? I guess" he said with a confused look, realising afterwards that his answer wasn't very specific.

Louis let out a quick laugh whilst Harry blushed. "Nice? Anyone can be nice, it doesn't mean they're dateable"

"Well you're not gonna go out with a dickhead are you" Harry said defensively.

"I wouldn't go out with someone who's just 'nice' either" Louis grinned.

"Nice is a good trait" Harry shrugged, smiling at the waiter who quickly served their drinks before leaving again.

"What else then? Come on Styles, be more specific" Louis said, pausing to take a sip of his water.

"I don't know" Harry said and drank some of his iced tea. "I like a nice smile too"

"So basically you just likes things that are nice?" Louis teased with a breathy laugh.

"Who doesn't?" Harry replied. "I guess they'd have to be somewhat into romance like me though. You know, someone who likes going on dates and the whole sappy relationship thing. I like the idea of having that picture perfect relationship, with the love of your life and all that"

Louis scoffed. "Picture perfect relationships don't exist. Or are at least extremely rare. You could love someone but still have issues within a relationship"

"Well yeah. That doesn't stop me from wanting it though. I just want one of those relationships where you don't even have to doubt their love for you, or how strong it is. You'll know just from looking at them" Harry explained with an almost dazed look, as if he was picturing the image he had explained in his head, wishing for it to be true.

Louis snorted, breaking Harry from his daydream. "Good luck with finding that. All people want is a quick fuck nowadays"

Harry frowned, "I don't. Is that what you want?" He asked, his brows pinched together.

"I don't know what I want. All I know is that Love is bullshit and I'm going to get married to someone I probably won't like anyway, so really what's the point in me even dwelling on it?" Louis said with a carelessness to his voice that Harry couldn't fathom. How can he not care?

"How does that not bother you though? Relationships are a key part of life, Love is what most people dream of finding. Don't you want to spend your life with someone you truly love?"

Louis took another sip of his drink and cleared his throat. "Nah. Love is over rated anyway. People only like the idea of it so much because it's been so dramatised over the years in movies and tv shows, when in reality it's nothing like that. I'm sure you'll change your mind after your first breakup" he said casually.

"And what if I do find love right off the bat? What if I do end up in the relationship I dream of? Maybe I won't have to go through a breakup"

"I'm telling you now, don't get your hopes up. You seem to have this idea that you will find true love and all this shit, when really you'll probably end up like most depressed 50 year olds going through their second divorce. It's not worth it"

"And what would you know about love?" Harry quipped back, "If you hate the idea of it so much, don't even believe in it, then why are you giving me relationship advice?"

"Most people who are single and know nothing about it have the best relationship advice" Louis said, checking the time on his phone before setting it back down on the table. "Besides, you don't need to have experienced something to know a lot about it or have an opinion. Often times advice comes from observation"

"You've been stuck at home the majority of your life, the only relationship you could've observed was your parents'"

"Yes, and I learned a lot from it" Louis said snarkily, slightly annoyed that Harry was doubting his knowledge so much.

"Right" Harry shrugged it off, "Well, what do you look for in a girl then?"

"I've never thought about it. I mean, like I said, if I'm just going to marry some girl I don't like anyway then what's the point in dwelling on it?"

"Just imagine your father wasn't in the picture, and you could do what you want. Then what would you look for?" Harry reasoned, intrigued, because Louis had never had this kind of conversation before.

"I guess just someone kind. I'd want them to be nice but they'd have a bit of banter too, you know? I can't stand people that can't take a joke" Louis replied after a moment, not really knowing what he wanted.

"Yeah, me too" Harry agreed. "What about appearance?"

"I think I prefer brunettes, I like long hair too. Like you said, a nice smile. And, uh, good dress sense?" Louis said, unsure about what he wanted.

Harry raised his brows and a knowing look crossed his face. "So, Eleanor would fit your type then?"

Louis grimaced at the assumption, feeling oddly weirded out just from the thought of dating his friend. "God no- well, I mean technically yes. She fits the 'criteria', if you want to call it that, but I couldn't ever see myself dating her. She's just a friend"

"Why though?" Harry asked, he didn't understand. "She's your type, she's smart, funny, kind. Anyone would want to date her"

A small smirk played on Louis' lips for a second. "Sounds like you're pretty interested yourself" he said with a wiggle of his brows.

"She's not my type" Harry shook his head.

"Sounds to me like she is. Nice smile, nice person. All the other shit you mentioned" Louis paused with squinted eyes. "So the real question is why wouldn't you date her?"

Harry looked at Louis for a moment in silence, the only things heard being the faint chatter of other customers and cutlery scraping plates. "I barely know her" is all he replied with, checking his own phone, "I hope these pizzas hurry up, I'm starving"

Louis ignored his comment about the pizzas, he knew it was only a distraction. "So get to know her. Isn't that the first step anyway?"

"Why do you care who I chose to date?" Harry asked, setting his phone back down. "What's the sudden interest?"

"I'm just curious" Louis shrugged, "You know my reasons for not dating. What's your excuse?"

"First of all, I'm only sixteen. I've got plenty of time to start dating. Secondly, nobody's caught my attention yet. I'm quite picky with who I date" Harry explained.

"There's hundreds of students in our school, how hasn't anyone caught your attention?"

"How hasn't anyone caught yours?" Harry retorted.

An amused expression crossed Louis face, "Touché" he said just as he noticed the waiter bringing their food over.

"Pepperoni" The man said, placing it in front of Louis, "And Ham and Pineapple" he placed the other in front of Harry. "Is there anything else I can get for you guys?"

"No that's fine thanks" Harry said, and the man smiled before walking away.

"Oh my god" Louis practically moaned out as he smelled the pizza, "See, mines better than yours" he said, eyeing the pineapple on Harry's pizza with disgust.

"Is not" Harry said, picking up a slice of his pizza, "I bet you've never even tried it"

Louis wrinkled his nose, "I don't need to, it even looks disgusting" he said, taking a bite of his own slice, letting out yet another appreciative moan from the taste.

A slight blush spread across Harry's cheeks as he watched the boy who had his eyes closed, thankful for that fact as it would be quite embarrassing if Louis noticed. He took a sip of his ice tea before busying himself with his food once again. "It's not disgusting" he said in between bites of his food, "you are though"

Louis wiped his mouth, "How am I disgusting?"

"Don't think I haven't noticed how your side of our room is turning into a tip" Harry replied and took another bite, "Seems the maids did too much for you back home, you don't know how to clean up for yourself"

"It's not a tip, there's just some things out of place" Louis argued, though he knew that wasn't the case.

"What, like the dirty socks all over the floor, the overflowing bin, your toiletries all over the bathroom and you've stopped making your bed in the mornings. Are they all just 'out of place'?" Harry asked with a pointed look.

"My side of the room doesn't effect you, so I really don't see why you care" Louis replied nonchalantly, peering down at his pizza with an unfazed expression.

"It does when I have to look at it everyday. Plus, it's stinking the room out, which I do have to deal with. Open the damn windows for once yeh?" Harry rolled his eyes.

"Why can't you do it if it bothers you so much?"

"Because the windows are on your side of the room and I don't know if you've forgotten, but you scream at me if I even come close to our invisible barrier" Harry reminded.

"Well if you just told me what you were going to do then I'd let you" Louis said defensively.

"Even then you'd still make a fuss over it" Harry said, noticing Louis was about to reply, "Don't even deny it, you know you would" he cut him off.

Louis sighed, "We both make fusses over everything, don't just pin that on me"

"I'm not, I know I do it too" Harry admitted, finishing a slice of pizza, "I find it funny though. If anyone else did the same shit you do that pisses me off, I wouldn't care. It's only when you do it, then it annoys me"

"Same. Like, when Liam or Zayn are being nosey I don't care that much. When you start with all the questions it pisses me off"

"I'm only trying to get to know you" Harry replied quietly.

"Why though? We said we would be civil, try not to argue as much. That doesn't make us friends" Louis scoffed, unbothered by Harry's slight frown. "What's the point in trying to get to know me?"

"If I know more about you it makes it easier to get along. I never said we should try be friends, but at least if I know what pisses you off and why you get so angry at me then I can try avoid that" Harry explained.

"But knowing about my family and Interests isn't going to help you avoid my bad side is it. You don't need to know that shit to be civil" Louis disagreed.

"It would still help. If I get to know you then we would have something to talk about rather than argue"

"How about, we don't argue, and you don't get to know me. Problem solved" Louis said with a cheeky smile, though Harry wasn't impressed.

"But that's boring. If I know nothing about you then I don't know what to talk to you about. It's awkward"

"We're talking right now aren't we?"

"We're talking about how I don't know what to talk to you about, that's different"

"Look, if you don't know what to talk to me about then just don't speak. It's not required if we're not friends anyway. We will only talk if we are either arguing, or there's actually something to talk about. There, done" Louis said with a snappy tone.

"That's the issue though. I don't want there to be nothing to talk about, and I don't want to argue"

Louis rolled his eyes with a groan, "You have an issue with everything. Why can't you just be content that I'm not mad at you and leave it at that?"

"Because I know how to deal with you when you're mad at me. I don't know what to do when it's just- I don't know, awkward, silent?" Harry said as he picked at his nails.

Exactly like me.

"If it ever gets awkward then don't hang around me, go find Niall or something and I'll go find Liam and Zayn. That way it won't turn into an argument and we won't have to suffer through awkward silence" Louis said with a fake smile.

"Right. I will" Harry finally agreed, looking down at his food that he had no interest in anymore.

————————

"Fucking stay still will you" Louis said as he grabbed Harry's Jaw and turned his face towards him so he could drop some fake blood in his nostril.

"You never said anything about putting it up my fucking nose" Harry replied, coughing when it went too far back and dropped down his throat. "What if it's toxic?"

"It said edible on the packaging" Louis said, pointing to the label. "So calm down and stop acting like a princess yeh"

"I'm sorry for being concerned about my health, that's such a dramatic thing to do!" Harry replied sarcastically, wrinkling his nose as he felt the fake blood drip down towards his lip.

"A little fake blood won't kill you. So yeah, you are being dramatic" Louis scoffed and grabbed a makeup brush. "Go back a bit"

"Why?" Harry asked, looking at the brush cautiously.

"Just fucking do it already" Louis rolled his eyes, pushing him backwards by the chest. "Close your eyes too"

"Why?" Harry asked again as he moved backwards, away from Louis.

"I don't want you whining about it getting in your eyes too" Louis said as he dabbed the brush into some of the fake blood, making sure it doesn't drip onto the floor. "Close them"

"Fuck sake" Harry mumbled as he closed his eyes, flinching away as he felt a splatter of cold liquid on his face a moment later. "The fuck are you doing?"

"Well if you murder someone, usually you get blood splatters don't you" Louis said whilst he flicked the brush towards Harry's face and ran a finger through the bristles.

"I might have to murder you in a minute" Harry quipped back, scrunching up his face as more blood was splattered.

"Not unless I murder you first" Louis smirked and dropped the brush back into a bag. "You can open your eyes now"

Harry hesitantly opened his eyes and relaxed once seeing Louis wasn't going to splatter him with any more fake blood. "Are you done yet?" He asked, referring to the makeup.

"Just need to sort your hair out and add the props, then we can take the photos" Louis said, holding up a pair of handcuffs.

Harry eyed the silver cuffs hesitantly, before his eyes drifted up to the smirk playing on Louis' lips. "Do I have to wear them?"

"You're a criminal now, of course you do" Louis replied with a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Put your wrists together"

Harry sighed and did as he was told, holding out his wrists towards Louis. "Just don't lose the key, or make them too tight"

Louis grabbed one wrist and clasped the cuff around it, tightening it slightly so that Harry wouldn't be able to escape, but they wouldn't hurt him either. "Maybe I'll lose the key on purpose- or I could blackmail you" he said, adding the last part right as he put the second cuff on.

Harry's eyes widened and he yanked his wrists apart, wincing as the cold metal dug into his delicate skin. "Don't you dare" he warned, giving Louis a cold glare.

"That depends on if you behave today won't it" Louis grinned, holding up the key tauntingly. "You've got to do as I say until I finally release you" he said, pocketing the key.

"Louis" Harry groaned, a tired look on his face. "Don't be a prick. You're lucky I let you do this in the first place"

"Well that was your mistake, not mine" Louis shrugged and knelt up so he was hovering over Harry slightly. "I need to mess your hair up a bit" he said as he began running his hands through Harry's already messy curls.

"It already is messy" Harry said, closing his eyes for a second as Louis tugged on his hair a little too harshly.

"Not messy enough" Louis said, taking a closer look at his hair. "Your hair grows quick by the way, just noticed" he commented, pulling on a strand to lengthen it fully.

"I know. I need to get a haircut soon" Harry replied, and he felt Louis pause his actions.

"Don't. I think you'd suit it longer" Louis said after a moment, continuing to mess his hair up.

Harry furrowed his brows at the comment, "Wouldn't that make me look more girly, like you always say I am?"

Once Louis was finally satisfied with the way it looked he pulled away and stood up, looking down at Harry who was still sitting on the floor. "You are quite feminine. I think even you would agree. So you may as well go all out with the long hair too" Louis said casually, looking through the other props he bought.

"Oh" Harry said in surprise, trying to stand up, finding it hard with the handcuffs restricting his movement. "I don't know, maybe I will"

"Mhm" Louis hummed as he walked over to the window and shut the blinds half way. He then walked back to the bed where his props were and picked up the caution tape. "Where do you think this should go?" He asked Harry, holding a strip of the tape up in different places.

"Well where am I going to be?" Harry asked, finally standing with his hair a mess, a bloodied face, cuffed wrists and shirtless.

"On the bed, like I was. Then probably some by the window and maybe the bathroom so I can put some fake blood in the sink or something" Louis replied, gesturing to the areas he had mentioned.

Harry nodded and moved the props out of the way with his hands together before kneeling on the bed, waiting for more instructions from Louis.

It was silent as Louis stuck some caution tape around the bed, placed the knife they had stolen from the kitchen besides Harry's thigh and moved around some objects in the background. "Can I borrow your camera? I don't have one" Louis asked, breaking the silence.

"Yeah. It's in my bedside draw" Harry said, nodding over to the drawers.

"Cheers" Louis mumbled and retrieved the camera. "How do you work it?"

"Give it here" Harry said, and Louis gave him the camera. It was tricky, but Harry finally turned it on and set it up the way Louis wanted it before handing it back over.

"Thanks" Louis said and brought the camera up to his eye before bringing it back down again. "Can you like, smirk, or something? I want you to look sinister. Though I know that's probably difficult for you" he said with a breathy laugh.

"I'll try" Harry agreed and began to pose the way Louis wanted him. He had no clue if he was doing it right, or if he was making a fool of himself, but by the way Louis continued to take multiple photos he assumed he was doing alright.

"These are good. Quite creepy actually. Now that I think about it, it would look better if you had long hair" Louis said, clicking through the photos he had just taken.

"Wouldn't that be worse? Surely I'd look more harmless" Harry replied.

"Nah. I reckon you'd be intimidating" Louis disagreed, looking away from the camera. Harry was still kneeling on the bed, and even with the blood splattered on his face and the knife resting besides him, Louis still thought he looked like the dainty, clueless boy he was.

"Whatever you say" Harry shrugged and knelt down so that his hands supported his weight on the bed as he tried to swing his legs around to sit properly. "Where do I go now th- fuck!" Harry cut off at the end with a screech as his feet got caught in the white bed sheets and he tumbled over to the side, sliding off the bed with a thump.

Louis widened his eyes and quickly ran around the bed, stopping once he saw Harry laying on his back, groaning in pain on the floor. He repressed his laugh and shook his head with an amused smile, "Awe, Bambi fell off the bed" he said, only letting out a laugh when he saw Harry crack a pained smile.

"That he did" Harry replied, wincing as he tried to roll over with his hands still bound.

"Maybe it wasn't a good idea to put the clumsiest person alive in handcuffs" Louis said, holding out a hand for harry to grab onto, pulling him up off the floor.

"You only just realised that?" Harry asked, stumbling upwards and almost falling onto Louis.

Louis held him up right and backed away from him slightly, only letting go when he saw Harry was steady on his feet once again. "Oh, no I knew. I just thought it would be funny seeing you trying to keep your balance for an hour" he said with a smirk.

"Yes, that must be hilarious for you. I hope you've enjoyed it" Harry replied sarcastically, shoving Louis' shoulder awkwardly with the sides of his hands.

"I have, and I still get to enjoy it for a while longer. We're not finished yet" Louis winked. "Come on, we need to take the bathroom photos"

The two of them walked into the bathroom and Louis instantly turned to the sink, a bottle of fake blood in one hand and the knife in his other. He placed the knife down carefully and opened the bottle, carelessly splashing the thick, red liquid in the pristine, white sink. He knew it would be a bitch to clean up, but he needed at least one good grade in his worst subject.

"Okay, face the mirror and lean against the counter as best you can with your hands cuffed. A need a few of you looking down at the sink and some more of you looking into the mirror" Louis instructed, "I'll stand behind you to take the pictures"

"Alright" Harry agreed and got into position. Louis dimmed the lights with the dial on the wall and brought the camera up to his eye once again.

He took a few of Harry with his head down and was happy with the outcome. Unlike the other pictures where Harry looked quite sinister, in these ones he looked almost conflicted, as if he were a murderer contemplating what to do with a body. Louis was glad of this though and didn't correct his expression, it was good to have variety.

"Okay now turn your head up" Louis said, and Harry looked up at the mirror. "No, like, look at yourself" he added when Harry wasn't in the position he wanted.

"I am looking at myself" Harry said with a confused tone.

"No, just- like this" Louis said, stepping up besides him as he gently placed a hand to his cheek and tilted his head the way he wanted it. Harrys skin felt hot beneath his fingers, and Louis grimaced a little when some of the fake blood stuck to his hand like honey. "Fuck sake" he mumbled and grabbed a towel, rubbing the substance off his skin.

"Is this good enough now?" Harry asked, trying his best not to move from his position.

"Yeah" Louis nodded and grabbed the camera again, taking his place behind Harry once more.

They took a few more pictures and after a while they decided to call it a day, tired from the shopping. They knew they needed to clean up the mess they had made anyway, and they needed to do so before dinner.

"Come have a look, they turned out really good. Maybe even better than your photos" Louis stated as he looked through the pictures with a proud smile.

"I'd love to, but my wrists are starting to hurt from these handcuffs and I'd really appreciate it if you'd take them off now" Harry replied, looking down at the red marks the cheap metal had created.

"Hm, I don't know if I should" Louis said, placing a finger under his chin as if in deep thought. "You have complained a lot today"

"Louis take the damn things off already. They hurt" Harry snapped back with a challenging look.

"Alright calm it. No need to get in a mood" Louis chuckled. "I was only joking" he said as he reached into his pocket to retrieve the key.

"Hurry up then" Harry said, growing concerned when a worried look crossed Louis' face. "Wait- no. Please tell me you're joking right now. I'm seriously not in the mood"

Louis' lips spread out into a tight line and his face scrunched up in an apologetic yet nervous expression. He patted around in his pockets some more before hastily taking off his jacket, turning it upside down as he shook it out. "Shit" he whispered when the tiny key hadn't fallen to the floor as he had expected.

"You've got to be joking" Harry shook his head with wide, pleading eyes. "Tell me you've hidden it somewhere" he said as his heart thumped against his chest wildly.

"Why the fuck would I be joking?" Louis said, checking the pockets over and over again. Perhaps it had gotten caught in the fabric?

"Because it's you! Of course you would do something like this" Harry exclaimed, trying to keep his voice down as best he could amidst his panic.

"Well how the fuck would I have hidden it? Hm? I've been with you the whole time!" Louis snapped back at him, throwing the jacket to the floor when they key wasn't to be found.

"I don't fucking know. Maybe when I fell? Maybe you chucked it then. You were joking about this happening from the beginning" Harry said as he looked around the room, trying to find the key.

"Exactly, joking, i wasn't being serious for Christ's sake" Louis grumbled, searching the floor for the missing key.

"How do you expect me to believe you? We're not friends, remember" Harry spat back, his tone cold and venomous.

Louis glared at him for a moment, shaking his head in disbelief. "You're right. We're not" he said with a bitter laugh. "So find the fucking key on your own"

————————————
Author notes:

Hey guys! Sorry for taking so long with the chapter. Like usual I've been pretty busy recently so it took a while to write. But I hope you enjoyed, and I'm sorry for leaving this on a little bit of a cliffhanger. If I had written the next part now it would've taken even longer to get out and I didn't want to keep you waiting any longer than you already have.

Love you all! Xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166K 4.3K 40
!!MATURE CONTENT!! lower case intended there will be trigger above chapters, don't want to spoil anything! you have been warned !! book cover on p...
2.5K 85 23
Louis Tomlinson has it all: rich parents, popularity, good grades and talent. But he has a secret, and if people find out, he'll lose everything. Har...
89.4K 3.2K 37
Louis Tomlinson was comfortable in his shell, not at all wanting to go out in the world and do things that would involve him being social... Until Ha...
615 30 20
Harry Edward Styles was a decent student in school. He had a couple of friends but not the ones he could truly trust or called them "best friends". H...