Whumptober 2020 | Sanders Sid...

By RavenDoesStufff

Its that time of year. Are y'all ready for Whumptober 2020. Join me in this adventure of angsty Sanders Sides... More

Trigger Warnings (Please read)
No. 1 LET'S HANG OUT SOMETIME
No. 2 IN THE HANDS OF THE ENEMY
No. 3 MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY
No. 4 RUNNING OUT OF TIME
No. 5 WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING
No. 6 PLEASE....
No. 7 I'VE GOT YOU
No. 8 WHERE DID EVERYONE GO?
No. 9 FOR THE GREATER GOOD
No. 10 THEY LOOK SO PRETTY WHEN THEY BLEED
No. 11 PSYCH 101
No. 12 I THINK I'VE BROKEN SOMETHING
No. 13 BREATHE IN BREATHE OUT
No. 14 IS SOMETHING BURNING?
No. 15 INTO THE UNKNOWN
No. 16 A TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE, NO GOOD, VERY BAD DAY
No. 17 I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING
No. 18 PANIC! AT THE DISCO
No. 20 TOTO, I HAVE A FEELING WE'RE NOT IN KANSAS ANYMORE
No. 21 I DON'T FEEL SO WELL
No. 22 DO THESE TACOS TASTE FUNNY TO YOU
No. 23 WHAT'S A WHUMPEE GOT TO DO TO GET SOME SLEEP AROUND HERE?
No. 24 YOU'RE NOT MAKING ANY SENSE
No. 25 I THINK I'LL JUST COLLAPSE RIGHT HERE THANKS
No. 26 IF YOU THOUGHT THE HEAD TRAUMA WAS BAD
No. 27 OK, WHO HAD NATURAL DISASTERS ON THEIR 2020 BINGO CARD?
No. 28 SUCH WOW. MANY NORMAL. VERY OOPS.
No. 29 I THINK I NEED A DOCTOR
No. 30 NOW WHERE DID THAT COME FROM?
No. 31 TODAY'S SPECIAL: TORTURE
The End/Goodbye

No. 19 BROKEN HEARTS

59 4 12
By RavenDoesStufff

Full Prompt:
No. 19 BROKEN HEARTS
Grief | Mourning Loved Ones | Survivors Guilt

Prompt(s) chosen: Grief, Mourning Loved Ones, Survivors Guilt

AU: Human AU as adults

TW: Car crash, major character death (times 2), injuries, slight hospital setting,  mourning (obviously), anything in the prompts, and sadness. Beautiful ending though (in my opinion)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Roman was sitting in the backseat of the car while his boyfriends Vee and Pat, Virgil and Patton, sat in the front seats chatting. They had a long day at the amusement park so Patton had offered to drive so Roman could get some sleep. Roman was indeed slowly nodding off in the back. The sound of his boyfriends chatting in the front and the calm happy vibe music Patton had put on was like a lullaby. 

It had certainly been a good day. They spent the whole day eating junk foods like cotton candy and candy apples while riding roller coaster. Well, Virgil didn't like the heights and was always thinking that everything could go wrong. So, therefore, he didn't go on them. Though Patton and Roman loved the roller coasters anyways. 

So instead in order to spend time with Virgil they did devote a whole couple of hours to them playing the rigged carnival games in order to get Virgil a few new stuffies. For example, they now had a giant purple bear, a weird panda duck thing like from Gravity falls, and a small doggo plush. Everyone had their own new stuffed animal. There's no shame in having stuffed animals. 

They also went around on the Ferris Wheel more times then they should have. Though Patton, being a photographer, got some amazing pictures when they reached the top of the place. All in all, all of them had an amazing day at the amusement park. 

Now they were taking the two hour drive home. Virgil and Patton should be switching off driving around halfway back since Roman drove them all the way there. He insisted too, so it's not like the others forced him to do it. Currently they were just driving on the highway in order to get back to their home. 

It should be a while until they get into town, so everything was a-okay. Roman closed his eyes and fell asleep. 

Roman woke up about 45 minutes later to find them stopping at one of those roadside plazas. Virgil was sitting in the front seat with his headphones on as he listened to music from his phone. He turned around and saw that his boyfriend in the back seat had woken up. "'Sup, Ro. Patton needed a bathroom break and we're going to switch who's driving when he gets back." 

Roman nodded sleepily, still tired and not fully awake from his short nap. "Got it." He yawned and stretched his arms above his head. He adjusted himself from his stiff position of leaning his head against the seat belt. It wasn't the most comfortable, but sleeping in a car wasn't really a task that left you without a crick in your neck. 

"Hopefully we should be home in about an hour, so feel free to go back to sleep. You drove us to the park, it's only fair that we drive you back." Roman nodded and tried to adjust himself so he could get comfortable against the door again. Well, at least comfortable enough to allow him to fall asleep. Though sleep wouldn't come, so instead he just lay there with his eyes closed. 

Patton got back and Virgil started driving them back to their house. They were about 15 minutes away from home when they arrived back in their hometown. They arrived at the busiest intersection in town and Virgil tool a deep breath. No one in the town liked this intersection and everyone had voted to get stoplights here multiple times, but no. The town hall was being annoying and didn't want that. 

So, on this super busy way into the town there were only stop signs. It was also only a two way stop, not a four way stop. Normally they avoided this place at all costs, but today everyone was tired and they figured it would be fine. No big accidents had happened here anyways. 

Virgil pulled up to the stop sign and watched the road intently. No one was coming. Virgil hit the gas as he tried to pass. A large truck with one of those gasoline things on its back came barreling around the corner much faster than it should have been going. Virgil turned and saw said truck and tried to gas it for the other side, but he wasn't fast enough. The truck smashed into the right side of the car where Patton was and sent the car flying off the road into a nearby ditch. 

The car tumbled over, and over, and over until it came to a stop upside down. The three people on the inside were all out like a light, some more injured than others. Thankfully, since it was a busy intersection people saw it happen and called 911. The ambulance and police arrived shortly. 

- - || - -

Roman woke up alone in a white hospital room. Although there was a blue curtain like thing around wherever he was lying. Eh, he wasn't really sure and he certainly didn't feel like trying to figure it out. Wait. Everything came back to the Prince. The amusement park, the car ride, and.... the car crash. Everything seemed fuzzy, but he knew he needed to make sure his boyfriends were okay. 

"Hello?" He called out. His voice was crackly and it kind of hurt to talk, but that's probably because he was on pain-killer meds or whatever else. From what he could see his right leg was in a cast, as was his left arm. His head had some bandages around him, as did his sides. Well, if that many things were in bandages then he was probably severely hurt. This means his boyfriends could be worse than this. That was not a reassuring thought. "Hello?" He asked again.

This time a nurse appeared through the blue veil around his bed. Though, again, it was less of a veil, more of a curtain. "You're awake!" They called out with happiness in their voice. I gave a slight smile. "How are you feeling? Is anything in pain?" They asked, as they looked around at my bandages to make sure they were all done properly. "Also, I'm Nurse Rel. My pronouns are they/them, please." 

I nodded. "Nothing hurts." The nurse scribbled something down on a clipboard and looked back at me, noticing the expression as if I wanted to ask a question on my face. "Where are Patton and Virgil?" I asked, hesitantly. The Nurse Rel's expression grew sad, and the previously shining light in their eyes dulled down to nothing. "No... nonono. This can't be happening. No!" I yelled, half out of shock and half out of denial. 

"I'm so sorry for your loss." The nurse said. My heart shattered. The two loves of my life were gone forever. That damn truck and its driver had stolen their lives from them without any regards for how we planned to live our life. I let the tears spill from my eyes. "We can help you plan the funeral as soon as you are up and moving again." I nodded, and let the tears continue to spill. 

- -|| - -

Roman stood in front of the side by side graves of his two fallen lovers. He preferred the term fallen because it made them sound so much more heroic than if he said they died. With the term 'fallen' it made them sound like they died in a battle for life and death, and he loved that. The two of them had normal headstones, but there were flowers beside each of them. Patton had red roses and light blue roses, while Virgil had a variety mix of a bunch of different types of black and purple flowers. 

"I should have been able to save you all, or died with you. I wasn't able to though and now you both are dead, and I'm alive. I feel so bad... I should have been able to save you." Roman sighed and sat down on the grass in front of both of their graves. "It's okay... I'll be with you eventually." He then thought maybe they got the wrong idea from that. "No, no. I'm not going to end it, but I will be with you guys eventually." Roman relaxed, glad that they probably have the right idea now. 

Tears ran down his face, going from his eyes, to his cheeks, then dropping off his chin onto his vibrant red hoodie with a yellow crown on it. "I miss you both so much..." Roman cried. "I love you." With that Roman turned around and left the graveyard. 

He visited the graveyard everyday for a couple months, apologizing that he couldn't save them as he mourned over the loss of his loved ones. Eventually, Remus and his boyfriend Logan convinced Roman that he had to continue living his life, so that is what Roman did. He tried out for multiple acting roles until he got one. He built his life up from there, one movie role at a time.

Finally, one day, Roman was able to star in a movie and it was wonderful. With a lot of playing the director's favorite he was able to get the end screen to say "In Loving Memory Of Patton Hearte and Virgil Pancita." Roman fulfilled his mission. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Word Count: 1554

Written on... uh... 10/?/2020 and 10/15/2020. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2K 273 11
Roman and Remus are very opposite brothers. One is fanciful and theatrical, while the other is repulsive and risque. Despite this, together they hold...
25.3K 1.6K 20
(Book #1 of Sanders Sides Movie-Verse Series) Thomas and the Sides decided to have a Disney type of vacation in the mind. Roman creates a kingdom an...
510K 21.5K 43
Virgil had his own life, his own group of mismatched, odd friends. Roman had his clique and his power. The two were about to collide in one big mess...
17.2K 784 7
Patton is tired of being hurt by the other sides. Luckily for him, an unexpected visitor gives him some advice. Hopefully it works, because the last...