Bad Habits

By a1Dorkable5SOS

Top model Aramina (Ari) Vega seems to have it all: fame, fortune, a thriving career and a gorgeous guy on her... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5

Chapter 4

5 1 0
By a1Dorkable5SOS

A few days later, I greeted the driver with a smile and slid into the waiting car on my way to a photo shoot. Instinctively, I checked my reflection in the mirror and my eyes instantly went to a pimple that had just popped up on my forehead. Ugh. Of course it appeared before a day full of shoots. I rolled my eyes and after messing with my hair a bit, put the mirror away before I could nitpick all my imperfections.

As I perused my social media mentions, I saw a string of fan comments saying something about me needing to watch an interview.

@enews: What does @arivega think about this little revelation?

Intrigued, I clicked the video link that E! News tagged me in and my eyebrows raised when I saw the title.

Niall Horan talks celebrity crush, new album and 1D memories

I'll bite.

I pushed play and the interviewer introduced Niall as if the whole world didn't already know who he is. It started off with the usual Q&A bullshit I hated, but was used to being subjected to. By the time they asked about his celebrity crush I was less than an inch from closing out the video before I heard my name.

I froze.

Excuse me?!

I backed it up and played it again. There, sitting in a weird maroon velour chair, Niall Horan was telling the world that I was his celebrity crush.

Hell yes!

With a newfound eagerness I returned to my mentions.

@enews all he has to do is ask 😘

Knowing that would cause a stir in my mentions, I closed the app as the car stopped in front of the building for my first shoot today.

I honestly didn't think anything would come of that bit of social media flirting which is probably why I choked on my smoothie when a couple days later I saw a DM waiting from everyone's favorite Irishman.

"Oh heavens! Ari, are you ok?" Gigi rushed over to me.

Yes, everyone loves inhaling a smoothie and having a coughing attack in the middle of a workplace, especially when they're someone who's expected to be graceful all the time.

I shook my head and waved her off.

"I'll be fine," I got out before another cough. "Can you get me a water, please?"

I felt the burn of acid from the fruit in the back of my nose. Fantastic. Gigi was back with water so quickly I wasn't entirely sure she had left.

"Thanks"

"What on earth caused that?" She asked while I made faces in an attempt to clear the feeling in my throat.

I turned my phone to her and her eyes grew as wide as I had ever seen them. We had fangirled together over One Direction in the past. Louis was her favorite and I was partial to Liam myself, but who was I to be picky?

"Did you answer him?!?"

I narrowed my eyes at her and I saw the lightbulb in her eyes before I said a word.

"Of course not, because that's an unread message," she calmed down a bit as she talked, explaining to herself more than me.

I laughed.

"I abso-fucking-lutely will though," I said, returning my attention to my phone, opening the message.

From niallhoran: Hey

I swear, it doesn't matter how educated, how famous, how well-traveled, how experienced men are, they're all idiots.

To niallhoran: You can do better than that.

As excited as I was, if there wasn't a little more effort, he wasn't getting anything from me.

By the time I got home that night, there was another message waiting.

From niallhoran: Apologies. I'll be in NYC next week for a couple shows and I would love to meet up if your interested.

My 3rd grade English teacher was rolling over in her grave at the "your" but I ignored it.

To niallhoran: Definitely interested. When & where?

From niallhoran: 1st show is next Friday 7pm at MSG. I'll send ya 2 tickets.

Score.

To niallhoran: I'll be there ❤️

Much to her chagrin, Gigi wasn't able to make the concert, but she did give me a comforting pep talk before I left saying if I screwed this up she would quit. So there's that.

Rowan had a soccer match so Piper was unavailable as well, which left me with Bennett, who's only prior plans was to go hit on random girls at a bar.

As we approached his building, Paul moved as if to go get him until I stopped him.

"It's ok. I'll go grab him." I said, already out of the SUV and on my way up the steps to ring the buzzer.

Buzz buzz.

"Password?" His voice crackled through the intercom.

"Bennett is the best wingman ever and needs to hurry up so he doesn't make us late?"

There was a moment of silence before he replied.

"I'll accept it this once, but only because I love you. I'm on my way down."

He popped out of the door moments later and immediately wrapped me in a bear hug before pulling back to look me over. Naturally, I started posing.

I had on black thigh-high boots and a red lace minidress.

"Yes, yes. Fierce! That's it." He clapped as I curtsied. "Niall should have that off of you as soon as he's done singing."

He slung an arm around my shoulders and I rolled my eyes as we walked towards the waiting SUV.

"Bennett," I warned.

"Then you'll be the one singin- OW!"

I punched him in the arm before getting in the car.

"Although I do sing beautifully," I said with a wink.

After passing through a few security checks, the driver dropped us off at the loading dock. An assistant was waiting for us just past the metal detectors and quickly led us through the winding maze of MSG's back hallways.

The opening acts were done by the time we slid into our front row seats. Paul joined Niall's security on the aisle, keeping an eye on me. It took all of 2 seconds before I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Ari! Can I get a picture?"

"Of course." I turned towards the first camera with a soft smile.

"Did Niall invite you?"

"Are you a thing now?"

"Who is this guy with you?"

The questions were endless but I managed to dodge most of them with pictures and autographs until the lights thankfully went down.

Bless.

When Niall actually appeared on stage I thought my eardrums would burst from the high-pitched screams but thankfully they didn't. He put on a truly amazing concert, with a couple sly winks in my direction.

After the encore, we were escorted by the same assistant to the green room backstage. I sat down on the couch to wait patiently, but Bennett was more preoccupied with the snacks.

"Yooo these are my favorite!" A kid in a candy story would be an eerily accurate comparison. I couldn't help but laugh.

Not much later, Niall entered, still slick with sweat from the performance.

Hot.

"Ari! You made it! I would hug ya, but..." he trailed off, motioning at himself before nodding at Bennett. "And who's your friend?"

"Bennett," he offered a handshake, which Niall took, as he introduced himself.

The three of us talked for a while, laughing often, before Niall moved towards the door.

"Well I'm gonna grab a shower real quick and then we can grab some food?"

"Sounds great!" I smiled at him, eying all the food laid out around the room after he left. Bennett stood up.

"Well that's my cue to go," he wrapped me in a hug. "Have fun. Be safe. Make good choices."

I rolled my eyes at him as I pulled away, smiling in spite of myself.

I intended to have fun and I'm always safe.

The quality of the choices could be up for debate.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

194K 38.8K 57
Becca Belfort i Haze Connors, choć przez swoich znajomych zmuszani do spędzania razem czasu całą paczką, od dawna się nie znoszą. Dogryzają sobie prz...
3.5M 149K 61
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
1.9M 141K 63
"ရှင်သန်ခြင်းနဲ့သေဆုံးခြင်းကြား အလွှာပါးပါးလေးကိုဖြတ်ကျော်ခါနီးမှာမှ ငါမောင့်ကိုစွန့်လွှတ်တတ်ဖို့ သင်ယူနိုင်ခဲ့တယ်၊ လူတွေက သံသရာမှာ ရေစက်ရယ်၊ဝဋ်ကြွေး...
433K 41.4K 32
She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful She is innocent He is cunning She is broken He is perfect or is he? . . . . . . . . JI...