Flames of Hope

By Coriwii

Izuku Midoriya. A viridian haired boy with emerald eyes and constellation like freckles. He was born into a w... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
I was Tagged!
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Author's Notice
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84-
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87

Chapter 52

1.1K 29 19
By Coriwii

Hey! I'm back and I'm so sorry! I haven't uploaded in a while have I? I've been super caught up in getting back into the gist of college and such! It may take longer to write chapters! I'm sorry! Anyways, I hope y'all enjoy this chapter! The song above is: Emperor's New Clothes by Caleb Hyles! Also, feel free to join my Discord Server if ya want: https://discord.gg/hDWxEd2 !

One would think that physical therapy would be a walk in the park with regeneration and augmentation.

And you would be wrong.

Izuku groan as he flipped his legs out of the hospital bed, shaking them awake as he places them on the cold tiles of the hospital floor. Glaring at his feet, Izuku mutters;

"Can't use your quirks they said. Might hurt you even more they said! I hate this..." Desperately, Izuku clutches his cane, they'd gave it back to him when he had woken up after his coma, and wobbly hobbles out of his room and into the corridor.

Clicking, the tap of his cane reverberated down the corridors, they were nearly empty, with nurses rushing about the place; He'd been placed in a Hero Hospital, after all, so it wasn't as busy as a normal hospital ward, where the nurses where rushing too.

Weakly, Izuku pushes open a cosy wooden door and steps inside, smiling gently at the person inside. The room reminded Izuku of a study of sorts, it had many bookshelves with books lined up by the dozen, a fireplace casting a warm orange glow into the room with two comfortable seats in front, both looking at a portrait of All Might at his first debut. Izuku sits on the seat as the other occupant sits opposite and asks him;

"Izuku, how are you doing?"

Mr. Haru. A gentle soul with a kind heart. The man wore a simple black suit, buttoned up clean and professional, with a purple tie. The man's outfit fit well with his undercut grey hair and beard. It made him both seem casual and professional.

Said man was also Izuku's personal therapist which he began to visit a week into his recovery; the man had a simple quirk: he emits a calming aura. Mr. Haru had been a huge help in Izuku's recovery, especially after the nightmares and night terrors he'd suffer, along with the increasing anxiety and self-hatred of himself due to his inability to get back to his original strength. Izuku's inability to help other, to save other and inspire the hope that the world so desperately needed right now; they all fed into Izuku's mental health in a bad way...

Often times, Izuku would visit the man's office to talk, and that's all Izuku would do for hours, and Izuku hadn't even opened up to the man at first. Who would want to talk about their very personal issues with a stranger? Nevertheless, time passed and Izuku continued going and found the man's assistance to be invaluable in his recovery.

"Mr. Haru, I've been well enough." Izuku winces at lie, and twitches his nose, "Getting use to walking after so long is a tad annoying, and it makes me feel weak. Why can't I just get better?! I need to go back! I need to train again!" Mr. Haru places his hand on his notebook, and speaks gently;

"Izuku, you cannot expect yourself to be better right of the bat. You suffered major injuries in your battle. It requires time to heal and rushing your healing can have adverse effects on your body. Patience." Mr. Haru writes in his notebook, then looks to Izuku,

"Now, I want to talk to you about your night terrors and nightmares." Izuku's fingers twitch,

"To be completely honest with you, Mr. Haru, I have no memories of them, just the feelings after..." They were rare, but in some instances, during the night, Izuku had woken up screaming with fear and pain, it took over an hour for him to calm down and then he immediately passed out from utter exhaustion.

The fear, the panic, the pain all lingered, even if the memories vanished, buried and forgotten in Izuku's mind; and Izuku can't help but be thankful he can't remember them...

Mr. Haru hums, and taps his pen, pondering;

"How about this, you write a journal. Your journal is completely private, no one can look inside, and you write everything that goes on during the day. Is that an idea you would like to try?" Izuku gives a hesitant nod, looking to a journal Mr. Haru is handing him.

He's written analysis journals before, but never a personal one. It would be something new and something to actually do inside his room as he waits to heal. Taking hold of the book, Izuku smiles and leaves the room to begin his first entry; it would distract him for now. Inside his room, Izuku places the book down and peels open the first page, and picks up a pencil, the tip gliding over the page as he starts to write, filling the once silent room with the repetitive sound of something scratching on paper.

"Hi... I guess I should add something here; I've never done this before so bear with me here. Okay, my name is Izuku Midoriya, I am 16, nearly 17 years old. I go to U.A High where I aim to become a Hero.

My first day: This is the first day I'm writing in this journal. Let's begin.

Since I was a child, I've been suffering from nightmares and night terrors; the former I can never recall, but the nightmares cling into my memories like a mosquito. After being admitted to the hospital, they've become a lot worse. My best theory is that I'm not uncomfortable here, and my mind deems the hospital unsafe, no doubt due to past traumas I've suffered...

My nightmares are never simple; they range from my family dying without me being able to help them to the torture I endured whilst kept prisoner with the Crimson Wyverns. They always leave me in a cold sweat and anxious when I wake up, the fear of not knowing if my family is harmed.

The worst ones always involve Shouto, Dad and Papa. Just the thought of these leave me wanting to hurl my guts out. They're so graphic and cruel, something that I would never, ever want my family to suffer through...

Seeing Mr. Haru is great. His work and assistance has helped me greatly. I feel much better after visiting him, his quirk is a god send sometimes, especially if I'm spiralling into panic. I dread to think about what would have happened had I not been to see Mr. Haru...

Other than therapy, my days are dull; if my Dad, Papa and Shouto don't visit then I'm mostly alone with my thoughts. It gives me time to ponder. The last visit from my family, they had informed me of things going on in the outside world; U.A heroics classes are going hard at training and classes are getting harder as the year starts to come to an end...

Oh! Have I written about my quirks? No? Okay here we go!

My quirks are by no means simple. Since no one will be reading this other than me, I can write all my thoughts about my quirk here. (I'm going to be writing in code just in case...)

My actual quirks are Pyrokinesis, Telekinesis, Plasma Breathe and Vitality Reaper. Four quirks?! I know, but that's because of my grandfather and father; see they had quirks that allowed them to steal quirks and store them. I can't steal actual quirks, but I can store more than usual. The last quirk, Vitality Reaper, is the reason for that. Vitality Reaper allows me to steal the 'Cores' of quirks and store them within my body. You may be asking what a 'Core' is.

Well, a Core is what disproves the Quirk Singularity Theory. In that theory, it states that quirks will continue to evolve and get more powerful each generation and will soon become too dangerous for humans to use safely, causing society to collapse. Cores are the answer to that issue; there are two types of Cores, Fuel Cores and Power Cores.

Fuel Cores are Cores that provide fuel for a quirk to use, like a flammable substance for fire users to ignite; they're mostly found within flame quirk users, or certain emitter quirks that require fuel. They're the most common type of Core too.

Power Cores are what disprove the Quirk Singularity Theory. If a quirk is too powerful for a quirk holder to use safely, it manifests a Power Core. The Core will hold the power instead of the body, meaning no strain on the body and it means the power can still be used safely. These Cores are rarer, but the New Generation have started to develop some, so that their quirks don't harm their body...

Right! My other quirks! Currently, I am the Ninth user of One for All as well as the final user. One for All is a Stockpiling quirk that gains more energy each time it is passed along from generation to generation; that's right. One for All can be passed along like an heirloom of a family.

As the final user, One for All has far more energy than the other holders had and the quirks of the former users started to manifest, they too had been passed along with One for All. I've manifested 5 out of the 6 quirks held inside the flame of One for All; the last quirk feels powerful, much more powerful than the other quirks itself. I wonder what it is...

The One for All quirks I have obtained are: Quinque, Augment, Regeneration, Soul Stand, and Emotional Projection. The final quirk is an unknown and could manifest at any time.

I think I should move of quirks for now...

I've been watching the news whilst writing in this and I had to write this down; an entire city was annihilated. What remains of the city is a crater, I have a gut feeling that things are going to get out of hand soon enough. Who could have done that to a city, who holds that much power? Why would they destroy the city?

Continuing my thoughts; the League and the Crimson Wyverns have been quiet, too quiet. Really, they've done next to nothing of note since Kamino... It makes me anxious; what are they planning...? My instincts are shouting at me to prepare.

I have a bad feeling about this..."

Gripping his cane, Izuku hobbles over to his bed and lays down, he'll need the energy for his next stunt. Closing his eyes, Izuku reaches deep, right into his mindscape, looking for his quirk; Regeneration and Augment will help him get back into shape. A bright light shines in front of Izuku and he basks in the warmth of his quirk once again, the void in his chest finally being filled once again with warmth.

Immediately, the quirks kicked in, Regeneration and Augment activated and started getting Izuku's body back into shape, the Regeneration healing his wounds and muscles and Augment giving back the normal strength from before the coma.

Overall, it made him feel better than ever; he had his quirks back, and he had the knowledge to hold other quirks from activating too, they would give him too much energy too fast; right now, he needed healing, not fighting. Izuku stood up for the first time in weeks without support and he felt ecstatic, he'll no longer be a burden and can get back into shape faster and be ready for the upcoming storm.

Then comes some agonizing pain; it feels like his skin is ripping apart atom by atom, like each of his bones are breaking and healing repeatedly. Regeneration was trying to heal the wounds, he ones from his fight, and that caused his scars to reopen, his bones to break and heal, over and over; it was catching up for 2 months of inactivity as well as being forcefully activated again without healing fully.

And so, Izuku led on his bed in agonizing pain as his skin, bones, muscles and the like unhealed, broke and ripped only to heal then repeat for an hour as his body's internal clock caught up to the real world and in hindsight, Izuku should have listened to his doctors.

Nezu sat in his chair, black doll like eyes scanning over the entirety of the U.A campus. His white fur puffed up as he mind whirred and calculated at rates surpassing humans; His hands held tight onto a cup of tea, nursing it with the upmost care, the steam slowly rising as his mind slugged on like train, trying to predict his next 17 moves to keep his school, his students safe, especially from the upcoming storm...

"Two sides building strength by the day; who will be the victor?" Nezu's eyes turn cold;

"It will be arduous, but I will keep my school safe, no matter the cost."

Inko darted, her breath heavy as she turned her head slightly, glaring at the approaching figure; Green engulfed her hands and she gripped at a beat in the figure's chest. The figured wasn't deterred and moved in, only to have their chest ripped open as their heart flew into Inko's waiting palm, still beating for a second until it fell silent.

The now cooling body collapsed to the ground and Inko stalked up to it, ripping off the hood revealing an unknown underground hero. She scoffs in annoyance and left, moving towards her meeting point.

Painstakingly, Inko trudged over to the point and waited for some time until Umbra comes out of the shadows, shaking her head sideways.

"There was nothing, Heartbreak. Anything remotely connected to the Wyverns has been confiscated and anyone in close association arrested. Let's face it, the time of the Crimson Wyverns are over, let's begin anew with Tomura." Inko scowled, her hatred grew to new heights.

"That... thing I called a son, he's ruined everything. Just you wait, Izuku Aizawa-Yamada; for you will die by my hand. I will rip you into tiny pieces." Inko glares at the night sky.

"That's a promise."

Tomura kicks his feet back, looking over the crowd as he eats his noodles on his new throne along with his new outfit fitting snug on his frame as his crimson eyes scanned over the crowd. Re-Destro attempts to stand up, wobbling slightly on his new robotic legs and grandly announces;

"As you all know, I've formally announced that I will be stepping down as the Grand Commander of the Meta Liberation Army! In my place," Re-Destro waves at Tomura, "Is Tomura Shigaraki! He will be leading our revolution!"

Taking the stage, Tomura stand up from his throne, and gleams over the crowd;

"This world... This society that we live in is corrupt. It's cruel, unjust and restricting." Tomura points his hand to the crowd;

"We've all been cast aside, thrown away by those who stand above us, those who believe they are better than us, not because they're good and we're bad. No! They do that because of their injustice! They are blind to the truth! Well no more!" Tomura spreads his hands wide,

"We're all here! We're human too! We cannot be held back because we are who we are because of those who cast us aside! We will be the ones to free, to LIBERATE, this society; for true Peace! For freedom and security! We will be the ones to Destroy this society we live in and we will be the ones to rebuild it into one shaped by our ideals, our conviction of a better world!" Tomura smiles and lifts his fist high;

"Now, we are not just an organisation, no we are friends, and family; we alone will bring a new world, a better world and it all starts with each and one of you joining me, by my side as we forge that world! TOGETHER!"

At the back of the crowd, a faceless man shakes his head, thinking:

'This is the worst case scenario. And it will lead to the obliteration of society as we know it...'

Tomura looks over the crowd once again, thinking

'I may be a monster, an angel of destruction, but from that destruction will rise a new world, one where people like me will be no longer needed...'

"We are the Paranormal Liberation Front! To the people, we will be beyond explanation, our goals will be lost on them, but we will be at the forefront of freedom and liberation." Tomura bows slightly and turns his back on the crowd, grinning at the thunderous applause he had as he left.

For the first time in Tomura's life, he understands what and who he is; He's the person born to destroy the society that made him, moulded him into the one that will be the harbinger of change. He's not Tenko Shimura, the hopeful hero wannabe, He's not the Tomura Shigaraki he was with Sensei either.

No, he's Tomura Shigaraki, monster and harbinger of destruction, the one that will make a new world where he's no longer needed...

Shouto breathed a sigh. His hands shook slightly; he's not one for romantic endeavours often, and this felt very out of place for him to do. Gathered in his hands was a bouquet of flowers, a dozen of colours mixing into a beautiful mess for Izuku. He'd gotten them for Izuku, just because he thought that they'd look good in Izuku's dull room, bring in more life instead of the plain white in the room.

His knuckles rapped against the door, but Shouto never got the go ahead; 'Maybe he's sleeping?' that almost makes him breathe a sigh of relief, not that he wouldn't get Izuku flowers any day of the week, but he wanted it to be a surprise.

Taking hold of the handle, Shouto slowly pushes open the door, peaking in to check only to freeze at the sight. On the floor was a small puddle of blood, more dripping in from the bed and Shouto ran over as fast as he could, flinching at the scene that sat in front of him; there, led like a corpse, was Izuku, wounds appearing and healing all over the boys body and his face scrunched up in agony.

Kicking into action, Shouto presses the call nurse button immediately, and turns to the door and shouts out desperately;

"NURSE!! COME HERE QUICKLY!!"

Suddenly, a nurse burst in, hair frazzled as she gasps in both shock and horror at seeing the injured boy before making a call on her radio then swiftly moved to help. The nurse came over and laid a gentle hand on his forehead, watching as the boy's face relaxes and the nurse notices Shouto's bewildered look;

"My quirk, son. It allows me to dull the pain of people." Shouto nods in thanks and gives her a tense smile. A doctor rushes in and runs over Izuku's wounds and states;

"His quirks have activated; probably his regeneration and possibly his augmentation. They're trying to heal him, but he was already in the process of healing, but the regeneration doesn't recognise that, and in turn is undoing all the healing he's done and healing it again." Shouto recoils, thinking back on all the damage Izuku had sustained and asked;

"How long will it take, Doctor?" The doctor paused before saying;

"Not longer than 3 hours; he's got very powerful regenerative capabilities, so the process won't be too long..." Swallowing his fear, Shouto left the room and pulled out his phone, eyes looking through his contacts;

"Kid? What do you want?" Shouto gulps his nerve and answers,

"Mr. Aizawa... Izuku... His quirk activated and is ripping his body apart and repairing it... Its so bad..." Shouto lets his emotions go for a second and his hands shake, his memories locking on the blood that pooled around the bed and the corpse like Izuku.

"What. Shouto, is Izuku alright? Are you alright?" Shouto shakes his head sideways and answers lightly;

"I'm going to be okay, and so will Izuku. But the process will take three hours to finish." Shouto hears Mr. Aizawa shout to someone on the other end before saying to Shouto.

"Stay there with him. We'll be there as soon as we can. Stay safe, Shouto." Shouto collapse onto the wall and whispers.

"Okay Mr. Aizawa. Get here soon..."

Half an hour later, Mr. Aizawa and Mr. Yamada burst through the doors, their eyes wide with panic and fear. Shouto waved them over and informed them of what he'd learned from the doctor, Mr. Aizawa put a hand on Shouto's shoulder and thanked him for informing them of Izuku's condition.

A further two hour and a half passed before the nurse came out with an exhausted smile, and all three men hopped to their feet, pleadingly looking at the nurse, who huffed with amusement and said;

"Alright, sonnies. You can go in now, he's awake."

Rushing in, the trio enter and glared at Izuku who whistled innocently and asks;

"How've you all been?" Mr. Aizawa's quirk activates and an intimidating aura fills the room;

"Izuku Aizawa-Yamada. You're grounded for eternity. You damn Problem Child..." The ravenette mutters fondly, giving the healed boy a pat on the head. Shouto smiles seeing Izuku lean into the touch, knowing how much the boy craved positive physical affection.

Then the green-eyed boy turns his gaze to Shouto and shoots him a mega-watt smile, full of energy and life and Shouto couldn't believe it; Izuku had just had his body ripped apart and healed repeatedly for three hours and yet could smile like that?

Oh, how far Shouto had fallen...

Shyly, Shouto pulled out the flowers for Izuku, and blushed bright red as he explained;

"I wanted to give you these... To make your room look nicer..." Shouto turns his head slightly and Izuku beams even more and earnestly throws out;

"Thank you Sho! I love them so much! You're amazing! I love you!" Shouto blushed even more and whispers;

"I love you too Izu." For a while, the two young lovers just look at each other, because they can and appreciated how good and beautiful their partner was. A clearing of the throat knocked both boys out of their trances and causes them to flush red; they'd totally forgotten about the others in the room. Hizashi beams and announces;

"We'll leave you two love birds to it! Don't ruin the bed now!" Izuku turns into a tomato at the inuendo and stutters out;

"Papa!! D-Don't say things like that!!" The blonde only chuckles and drags the black haired teacher away by the scruff of his jumpsuit as the man glares at both Izuku and Shouto threateningly.

Izuku pats the bed, signalling for Shouto to sit down and the boy does so, and listens to the green-haired boy as he starts to enthusiastically retail his day from his therapy session to the writing of his personal journal. Shouto listens with a smile, content to listening along and that's how the two spend the rest of the day just talking like an old married couple.

The aura from inside the room radiated love. It was warm, like the soft hug of the summer sun and the boys basked in it as they sat with one another in the room; never once feeling out of place or awkward, they both were comfortable with one another. Their hands had found each other, falling into the instinctive pull to one another, it was pure and synchronised, and a show of their trust and love.

For now, the world outside faded as the couple enjoyed their respite together, not knowing of the struggles ahead of them...

(How are you all today and/or tonight?)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58K 1.8K 34
'Without Mom, what really am I?' Izuku always asked himself hypothetically...now, his mother was really gone. He still vividly remembers the blood se...
177K 9.6K 42
Fate can be very cruel. That was something Izuku knew far too well. Thanks to his wits, his mother sold him off to be a pawn to her one and only love...
75.9K 5.3K 100
A clear mind. That is all it needs sometimes but a quirk was definitely not helping it. Izuku Midoriya was a kid who got away with murderong his own...
562K 21K 45
Izuku was alone for most of his life. He had one beautiful quirk but never dared to show anyone his quirk. He had one incredible ability. He could he...