My Best Friend Tadashi - Yama...

By hopelessbubble

Tadashi Yamaguchi. That was your best friend's name. You had been best friends since like forever. When you... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Oneshots~
The day after you met~
The Secret Base~
The moment he fell in love~

Chapter 35

4.3K 163 270
By hopelessbubble

"Are you sure you don't need any help setting up?" Yamaguchi asked as you pulled out a table.

"Yeah, I'm fine, they're gonna be here in about half and hour so I've got time" you replied.

"Is it just Hinata and Kageyama?" he asked. 

"No Yachi's coming too!" you said excitedly.

"She is?" Yamaguchi asked.

"Hmmm, what's this you got a crush?" you teased.

"No!" Yamaguchi exclaimed. 

This wasn't exactly true he might have a little crush on somebody but it definitely wasn't Yachi. 

"Okay, I'll believe you, are you gonna stay and help me tutor them then?" you asked as you grinned at him.

"I can if you want me too," he replied.

"Of course I want you too, I'm asking if you want to" you sighed. 

"I guess, but wouldn't Hana be better for this?" he asked. 

"She probably would but she's disappeared again" you said as you rolled your eyes.

"You still don't know where she runs off too?" he said. 

You shook your head.

"I trust her though, if she doesn't want to tell me then she doesn't have too" you replied, smiling slightly at the thought of your friend. 

Yamaguchi smiled at you, he admired how trusting you were.

You finished setting up and looked at the clock.

"We've got twenty minutes to kill, what do you wanna do?" you asked your friend.

"I really don't mind" he said simply. 

"Come on Tadashi, you always do what I want to do, now I wanna do what you want to do" you said as you looked at him with your head tilted to the side. 

Yamaguchi thought for a moment, something that he wanted to do with you?

"I don't know" he said finally. 

"Oh come on, what do you do with Tsukki then?" you asked a little curiously. 

"Nothing interesting, we just watch Jurassic Park most of the time" he sighed as he remembered the countless day she had spent watching the same films over and over again while Tsukishima seemed to be captivated in them every time. 

You eyed him suspiciously.

"So what do you do when it's not most of the time?" you asked. 

"Uh, we just talk" he replied nervously. 

"Ugh, are you sure there's nothing you want to do?" you asked again. 

"Well I want to talk, with you?" he said awkwardly.

"Are you sure? We do that all the time" you said a little confused. 

"I like talking with you though" he blushed.

"Then what should we talk about?" you asked as you both sat on the floor waiting for the others to arrive.

You both sat there awkwardly in silence until you both burst out laughing.

"(Y/N) that was so awkward!" Yamaguchi chuckled.

"I know, I didn't know what to say!" you laughed.

"Maybe we should have just played like when we were kids then?" Yamaguchi suggested.

"Yeah, being a teenager is hard!" you said somewhat enthusiastically but more playfully.  

You both jumped up and became very serious.

"So captain (Y/N) what are your orders?" Yamaguchi asked as he saluted you.

"Enemy ships are approaching and we must take them out!" you replied in your best captain voice.

"Rodger that!" he replied promptly. 

"Quick put the defences up!" you ordered in your best captain voice. 

"Of course!" Yamaguchi said as he grabbed the cushions off the sofa and made a wall with them and both of you hid behind them.

"Ahhh the enemy ships have canons our defences are not going to be enough!" you screamed playfully as Yamaguchi made fake explosion noises.

"Oh no what do we do captain (Y/N)?" he asked frantically. 

"We must retreat! Quickly!" you shouted as you jumped onto Yamaguchi's back.

"Quickly Tadashi to the secret base!" you said as you pointed in front of you.

"Yes captain!" he said as he carried you on his back.

The doorbell rang.

"Captain do you think our allies have come to the rescue?" Yamaguchi asked as he looked up at you on his back.

"Yes! Now forward Tadashi!" you exclaimed as Tadashi ran with you on his back to the door.

When you both arrived Yamaguchi opened the door to see the three first years staring back at you.

"Our allies have arrived! We are saved!" you exclaimed as you raised your fist in the air.

Yachi looked at you in shock.

"I'm sorry did we interrupt something?" she asked.

"No don't worry, we were just playing pirates," you explained as you got down from Yamaguchi.

"Pirates?" Kageyama asked and you nodded.

"Woah cool I wanna play!" Hinata said enthusiastically.

"We need to study Boke!" Kageyama reminded him angrily. 

"Oh right I forgot!" Hinata replied. 

"Come in I got a table set up so we don't have to work on the floor" you said as they entered your house.

"So we were gonna do English today right?" you asked as Yachi nodded.

"I brought the content they need for their class" Yachi said as she held up a folder.

"Thanks Yachi!" you smiled gratefully at her.

You all studied together until it was time for them to leave.

"We'll keep helping you study okay?" you called out as you waved to them.

"Thank you (Y/N)!" Hinata waved back.

"Thank you" said Kageyama.

Time skip because my brain ran out of ideas~

You looked at Hinata and Kageyama as they gave you their test results.

"You got all the answers right but you put them in the wrong box!" Yachi told them.

"It was a good try," you said awkwardly.

"AHHHH WE CAN NEVER GET TO THE TRAINING CAMP NOW!" Hinata screamed in frustration.

"You'll need to got to your extra classes first but I'm sure you can still go to the training camp even if you will be late," Yachi said.

"Yeah you just need to figure out how to get there," you added.

"Yeah do you know anyone who can drop you off?" Yachi asked as they both shook their heads.

"Don't worry, we still have time to sort it out okay?" you reassured them.

"Don't worry Tanaka will save the day!" Tanaka declared.

"Really?" Hinata looked at him with bright eyes.

"Don't worry I'll take care of it!" he replied enthusiastically. 

"Yes Tanaka!" you said happily.

"Praise from (Y/N)? Now I have to pull through!" he declared. 

"Don't worry I believe in you Tanaka!" you laughed.

Tanaka smiled proudly as he walked off.

"What's he going to do?" Kageyama asked.

"I have no idea but he may be our only hope" you sighed.

It is another chapter for you all!! Also, am I the only one who ships Yamayachi? Like they kinda cute. Don't worry tho she could never steal Tadashi away from (Y/N).

Please as I read through these chapters again my lack of synonyms for 'said' and my narrow knowledge of adverbs is really showing. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 199 17
You and Yamaguchi were childhood best friends. You both would do everything together until one day you had to move away for your fathers job. it was...
151K 5.1K 36
Y/n's parents thought it would be nice if y/n lived alone so she could learn to become independent. She enrolled to Karasuno high school as a third-y...
184K 5.2K 15
You move to Japan after living in the states as a child, leaving your childhood friends behind. You now go to Karasuno high but didn't expect to find...
256K 7.7K 32
You always have a good eye for observing people especially seeing their flaws on things they usually do. (L/n) (F/n), Nishinoya's cousin and a forme...