Kane

By Just_Josie

*Not Edited, Will Edit when finished writing* HIGHEST RANKING: #1 in AlphaFemale #1 in BodyPositivity #5 i... More

Copyright
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Covers
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty- Two
Chapter Thirty- Three
Chapter Thirty- Four
Chapter Thirty- Five
Chapter Thirty- Six
Chapter Thirty- Seven
Chapter Thirty- Eight
Chapter Thirty- Nine
Chapter Forty
A/N
A/N
Chapter Forty- One
Chapter Forty- Two
Chapter Forty- Three
Chapter Forty- Four
Chapter Forty- Five
Chapter Forty- Six
Chapter Forty- Seven

Chapter Forty- Eight

1K 45 17
By Just_Josie

Unedited

Kane

I blink up at the ceiling, contemplating. Words running though my mind in a timeless circle. I face the four men in front of me, their gazes assessing, calculating as they take in my body language.

I straighten, my gaze cutting to Angelo's dead body a few feet away from me. Knox and Vince standing to the left of him. "I came here today to seek answers" pausing I feel Mac shuffle at the back of me.

"Not just for me, but for my brothers, my pack." One of the council members eyes Angelo's dead body before speaking. "How does Alpha Williams fall into you seeking answers Alpha Sinclair?"

I watch Vince move forward, papers held in his hand. He places them on the table so each council member can assess the letters. "I can't give you full answers myself, all I can give you is what had taken place here in the past couple of weeks."

I give them a full re-count as to how the letters started coming in, remembering to state Alpha Greyson having received the same letters, although instructions were different and direct. They listen intently, gazes then moving from me to Mac who steps up to take the platform next.

"Beta Mackenzie. Please state how you manage to fall into all this." Mac's hands fist at his sides, the veins in his arms protruding slightly before relaxing as he inhales deeply.

"My- Mekiah had a gun aimed at my Alpha and his Mate. It was either them or him, my choice was made. I took him out the only way I knew how"

Lucien, Wren and Maximus all watch Mac carefully. Samson the first to speak, "You couldn't disarm him?" I tense at the question, my body heating at the  inquiry.

Mac faces him head on, "No. He was too far gone, he came here with the intention of a blood bath and he wasn't leaving unless he was the only one left standing." Licking his lips, Mac straightens to his full height.

"If I had to do it all over again. My actions will forever remain the same. I've pledged my life to Alpha Sinclair and he has pledged his life to me, to us, his pack. Not only as an Alpha but a brother. I would do the same to whoever decides to take aim at him."

I feel a loud rumble of growls circulate the room, a few of the pack enforcers as well as my Gamma and brothers agreeing to Mac's words. Lucien nods, concluding Mac's testament. Once Mac steps back to my side the double doors open, Alpha Greyson and his Beta and Gamma make their way into the open half circle.

Greyson takes the centre to state his name and testimony. "For the record, every one of my decisions were solely based on the figment that was misplaced of Alpha Sinclair mistreating my daughter. I admit I made a poor choice of having Lina taken from him, especially after they had been marked." He pauses, giving a shake of his head as he remembers the memory.

Vince is tense to the left of me, his hands clenched tightly as he watches his father speak. "If I had known then, what I know now. My actions would have been different and far less drastic. I take full responsibility for my actions. I can also vouch for Alpha Sinclair and everything that has taken place in his pack."

Samson nods, his eyes skimming through the letters that were handed to him by Alpha Greyson's Beta. "Thank you for your time. If you would let Alpha Sinclair step forward."

Vane catches my eyes as we pass, he nods once before stepping to the far left of the room. I step on to the platform once more awaiting the verdict.

Wren leans his arms against the table. His bright blue eyes on me, "You shed a lot of blood these past couple of nights Sinclair and yet you still have no answers."

Samson pauses, "Although even from our point of view the answers you seek cannot be found other than the source that you once had." Samson's eyes sweep over Angelo's still form, his eyes still open however the colour no longer visible but now a ghastly grey.

"We have ruled your actions as self defence. Any consequences will be acquitted to Angelo's pack. However we will be keeping a close eye on your pack Alpha Sinclair, in case of any unwanted or unknown threats that may have a lead in the answers that you seek." Wren says, placing the letters we had given them into a file on the desk he's seated at.

"We'll have two guards from the council sent out in a few weeks to keep watch. They'll report back to us after a three month period. I know they'll be served with great hospitality Alpha Sinclair?"

I give a nod, watching Lucien closely. He lifts a hand, a large guard coming fourth to pick up the body of Angelo. I have no doubt they'll be taking him back with them. "Until then, Stay Safe." He holds my eyes for a second longer before standing, "Alpha."

The four all stand and file out of the room accordingly. I turn towards Vince my eyes widening as he takes two steps towards Vane his fist flying before I can reach him. Mac moves quick, pulling Vince off Vane as his fist connects to his cheek.

"Vincent!" I yell making it to him as he shoves at Mac's hands trying to free himself from his grip. "Enough" I growl lowly, pushing him back a step.

Vince snarls, eyes spitting venom as they watch Vane's beta tend to him. I turn towards Vane watching him carefully, he wipes the blood from his mouth with a tissue and takes a step towards me. I step in front of Vince, my protective instincts taking over.

Vane steps closer and nods making me move to the side as he moves closer to his son. Vince growls lowly as he stands before him, an exact carbon copy of himself. "I don't know what else you want or need me to say. If you wish me to bend at the knees and beg for your forgiveness then so be it" he crumples the tissue in his hand and watches Vince's eyes eye his own.

"If I could take it all back, I wouldn't change a thing. You and Katalina were the best things that could ever happen to me-" he breaks off, giving a shake of his head as memories resurface.

"I've made decisions I was and still am not proud of, decisions I had no hand in- But believe me when I say that I have never run from them nor denied them" he moves closer to Vince a fist tapping his heart to penetrate his words.

"I wear the scars of hurt, betrayal and sadness in my heart everyday and continue to do so because I fucked up. I've been paying for it everyday Vincent." A lone tear slides down his face as Vince continues to watch him silently.

"You can hate me all you want, just know this time around I'm not leaving. You can curse and hit me all you like-" Vane steps back and leaves his hands wide open, "I've already died a million deaths the day your mother died and everything changed, this" he points to his bleeding mouth, "this is nothing close to the pain I've had to endure all those years."

Vince shakes Mac's hands off his fists clenched at his sides as he steps up to his father. Vince towers over him by a couple inches, making him look down at Vane.

"You're done." Vince whispers lowly, his jaw clenching with each word. He turns and leaves, Vane standing watching him go.

Mac catches my eyes and I nod signalling him to shadow him, I don't need him losing his head while we're still in hot water with the council.

Turning to Vane I see a little of the hope disappear from his eyes. He faces me with a curt nod, "Take care of them, please" I clap him on his shoulder watching as he departs too.

"Vane" I smell her before I see her, turning I growl lowly as my mate walks into the centre of the room. Her small hands rubbing her belly as she comes to a stop in front of me. "We have brunch every Sunday's, I'd like to see you there too." She licks her lips and watches him, the tips of his lips twitching in a smile.

"No me lo perdería por nada del mundo." He smiles softly giving me a nod before leaving. I turn to my wife and pick her up in my arms a low growl reverberating through my chest. "Why aren't you in bed wife?" She eyes me innocently, cupping my beard with her palm, "Because you aren't in it husband" I laugh lowly, pressing a lingering kiss against her soft plump mouth.

"You don't have to tell me twice" I whisper, my legs already moving to take the three of us back to our home.

~*~

Hello lovely people!
I'm sorry it took a whole 2 years to update *laughs nervously* life kinda got in the way. As it does I guess, I've finally made it to finishing this chapter. Literally the next chapter is the epilogue urghhh I'm not ready at all but it has come to an end sadly!

I can't thank you guys enough for staying with this book even when I disappear and go MIA for years/months! Ya'll are the realest! I hope everyone is staying safe during this pandemic and to those who have lost someone I pray for your family to find peace and love to continue living.

Life is cruel but we gotta understand that if we continue to dwell on the bad things in life we will never truely elevate and grow. Even when the going gets tough we gotta believe and keep pushing.

I love you guys all so much, hope to hear from everyone soon x

Love ya'll

Josie.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7M 249K 43
COMPLETED What would you do if you accidentally trespassed over an Alphas territory that's known for his brutal mentality and ruthlessness? And what...
12.3M 8.4K 2
"And then he breaks. An outburst of broken sobs, as my mate let out the saddest cries I've ever heard. He shook and trembled, clinging onto me for d...
28.6M 878K 55
I glared up at him my eyes narrowed, "Excuse me?" I was beyond livid by the words that just came out of his mouth. My glare didn't falter when Parker...
2.4M 58.7K 200
I'm a new grad human in huge debt, and cheated by my Omega boyfriend. When I got wasted in a bar, I didn't expect to have the best sex ever. And the...