imessage | c. hood

By yourlocaldrug

where a girl accidentally texts calum hood's number with a bad dad joke and continues everyday after. All Rig... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
UPDATE
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven

thirteen

4.7K 134 88
By yourlocaldrug

Aurora5SOS tweeted: on my way to the venue I MIGHT PUKE FROM EXCITEMENT
Aurora5SOS replied: i wont actually puke tjats so gros bye
Aurora5SOS replied: omg im so excited i cant even type 😭

-

I thanked the Uber driver as I made my way towards the front doors of the venue. I was greeted by a rather large security guard and I pulled out my cellphone as we made eye contact. He took the handheld scanner from his waistband and waited as I pulled up the information needed for me to get in. Once it was successfully scanned he smiled at me sweetly as if he knew something which left me utterly confused.

"Enjoy yourself in there," He smiled and I thanked him as he opened the door and directed me to the soundcheck area. There was a separate section from the general arena and my stomach began forming knots as another employee walked me towards the moment I've been waiting for since I began loving the band.

"Okay you're in section A, seat 1. Please no flash photography, silence your cellphone, and hold all questions until the Q&A or the band instructs you. There are emergency exits to the left and to the far back in case of anything and restrooms are located down the corridor hall to your right. Have fun and enjoy!" She quickly spoke and scurried away to i'm assuming fetch the next guest that also got VIP tickets. I texted Malcum that I had arrived and walked down to the seat she told me I was assigned to. I probably looked like a young child who had just received a generous amount of candy but I didn't care. This was my moment to me my favorite people of all time.

As I sat for a couple of minutes I realized I didn't even have any questions prepared to ask them if I got picked. A feeling of worry struck me hard and I quickly began thinking of a million questions to ask that weren't basic or too stupid sounding. The results were nothing, I had absolutely nothing.

"Damn it," I mumbled to myself and looked around to see there were a few other people that looked just as excited as I was. I wonder if they had any questions ready to ask and I checked the time to see it was 6: 35. Malcum was nowhere to be found- well at least thats what I was assuming since I had no idea what he looks like- so I texted him again, hoping he'd answer or appear within the next five minutes.

Microphone feedback blasted through the surround sound speakers, startling everyone in the arena but it meant they were almost coming out onto the stage. The feeling of a giddy child reappeared onto my face and I made sure to do everything necessary to save my battery as much as I could.

The first one to come out was Ashton, who began fumbling around with his drum set to make sure everything was how he wanted it. He waved at us and placed the wired microphone piece in his ear that was handed to him. He looked around and realized he didn't have a microphone so he disappeared once again behind the stage to go fetch one. Michael and Luke came out and scanned the seats as they greeted us and asked a couple of kind questions.

"Anyone need some snacks or water?" Michael asked as everyone looked around too scared to directly answer. It was unbelievable how we all could love them so hard but in the moment it seemed as if we were deer in headlights.

"Don't be shy everyone we won't bite," Luke chuckled, attempting to ease the nervousness in the room. No one spoke up and the boys seemed a little disappointed at the lack of conversation so I decided to speak up.

"May I have some water please?" I asked and all eyes landed on me. They looked at each other and smiled and Michael nodded towards someone in the back and other people began requesting stuff as well. Two figures walked down from backstage and began making their way towards the stands. Ashton held loads of snacks and the one and only held numerous amounts of water bottles.

Calum.

My heart dropped to my stomach and the butterflies exploded, I was in total awe. He looked amazing and words could not describe how happy I was in this moment of time. Ashton distributed the snacks around and Calum stopped in front of me and handed me a water bottle. As soon as our hands touched I began blushing and didn't attempt to hide it. He smiled widely at me and he seemed like a giant as I looked up at him from the chair.

"Are you sure you only want water?" He asked me and it took every bone in my body not to pass out. "Yeah, i'm uh, i'm fine."

"Enjoy the soundcheck," He smiled widely before moving onto the next fan. I glanced over to witness their interaction and I didn't want to seem like one of those girls but the way he talked to me wasn't the way he spoke to the other fans.

He's such a beautiful specimen that I wished I could talk to longer. They finished up giving out snacks and water and jumped back onto stage to get their instruments and microphones ready. Malcum was still a no show and I couldn't help but feel a little disappointed. He bought the tickets but couldn't bother to show up or even send a simple text saying he'd be late.

The strum of multiple guitars made my head snap up and I put my phone away, deciding to focus on the boys in front of me rather than the boy who couldn't text me back. They started vocal warmups and joked around before getting a tad serious to begin preforming songs.

They sounded amazing on records but even better live, of course. I sung along quietly as they stopped and started different songs making sure they were pitch perfect. I caught Calum staring a couple of different times and I wasn't sure if it was on purpose or not. There was no one near me seeing as the seat I was in was expensive as hell, so I definitely got a boost of confidence everytime he looked this way. Soundcheck went by pretty quickly unfortunately but they were now sitting at the edge of the stage; their long legs dangling off as they ushered everyone forward to hear better.

They started from the back to the front, meaning i'd be the last one for the Q&A. Time was running out and I had no idea what question i'd wanna ask. The girl next to me asked who had the biggest dick which made everyone in the room highly uncomfortable and filled with an awkward silence. They subtly moved onto me and Calum was staring directly at me, smiling wide. I wasn't sure what was going on but I definitely wasn't complaining.

"Do you have any questions?" Luke asked me and I stuttered around my words for a bit before finally coming up with a question. "What would say is your favorite song ever made?"

They each took turns naming one or two of their favorite songs and I was satisfied with my question. Once all questions were asked and answered they moved onto taking pictures and videos and I jumped out of my seat to walk over to the booth set up.

I was tempted on being the first one but that means i'd have no time to socialize. If I was the last one, I could have as much time as they could give me. I allowed everyone to get ahead of me and there would be some wait time, but it would also be so worth it. I fixed up my hair hoping it looked good enough for the pictures and smiled widely as I got closer and closer.

"My turn," I mumbled to myself as the last girl walked away. I started off hugging Michael, then Ashton, Calum, and Luke.

"Alright line up with the guys and stare into the camera okay? In three, two, one, done!" The employee told me and she took a couple of pictures letting me pick which ones I wanted. Which there was no point because I chose them all. We took some live photos as well and I had them sent to my phone.

"How are you today Ms. Aurora?" Ashton asked me as he read my laminated pass with my name on it and I wanted to pass out. They all looked at each other with realization and glanced at Calum before turning their attention back on me. I wasn't sure what just happened but 5 Seconds of Summer and subtly just dont mix together.

As we talked, they were so humble and carefree guys, one of the many many reasons I love them. We chatted for a bit more and the same lady who took our pictures told me time was almost up. I pouted slightly and Calum tapped my shoulder.

Butterflies formed in the pit of my stomach as he pulled me in for a hug and I immediately hugged him back. "Why don't you come with us to the dressing room as we wait for the show to start?" He asker and I thought I was hearing wrong. Me? Go with them to the dressing room?

"Uh i'm not sure, I'm supposed to be going to the VIP merch section with the group," I said uncertain and he scoffed and shook his head.

"We can give you better merch I promise," He smiled and I must've had an expression of doubt on my face because he began speaking again.

"Don't worry... You won't get in trouble if you're with us. How often will you get to hang with your favorite band? And how often will I be able to hang with a Disney priness fan?" He smirked and I blushed tremendously.

"Okay, as long as I won't get kicked out by your security," I agreed and they cheered before beginning to walk to the dressing room portion of the building. Calum and I spoke a lot more, him telling me about his tour life and me telling him about my college experience and student life.

He seemed interested in my classes, professors, classmates, even what it was like living in a dorm. He asked me all kinds of different questions and I wondered why he cared so much until I remembered he never went to college.

"Do you ever wish your life went differently?" I asked him and he looked at me as if someone saw him for the first time.

"No one has ever asked me that. Im not really sure to be honest with you. I mean I love my life, my mates, my bass, the fans, the music. But I also wish I lived a normal young adult life as well. Not having to worry about paparazzi, my personal life and photos invaded or spread, false rumors, accusations, all of that. So to answer your question... Yes. But also, no. If that makes sense," He ranted and I listened to every word.

Everyone loves to harass celebrities without remembering or realizing they have feelings and a personal life as well. It made me feel bad, but I'm also glad I discovered their music and their band in general.

Once we got to the dressing room they all dispersed their separate ways and it looked like a hotel suite more than just a regular dressing room. He guided me to the couches placed in the middle of the room and I waited as they did their own things before all coming together again.

I checked my phone and still nothing from Malcum so I hoped he would make it in time for the actual concert. It was quite odd how he just went ghost when only a couple of hours ago he told me he was excited to finally meet.

Nevertheless, I watched as the guys poured themselves drinks and walked around the room making sure they looked good. Which really wasn't hard because um hello? It's 5 Seconds of Summer.

"Drink?" Luke asked as he held out his arm that was holding a glass of some dark liquor. "I'm only 20," I told him and Calum glanced over for a few seconds before returning back to pouring his drink.

"Oh my bad," Luke apologized and placed the fresh drink onto a nearby counter.

"It's all good," I smiled and wondered if they've ever gotten drunk before going on stage. And of course my curiosity got the best of me and I spoke without thinking.

"Have you guys ever been drunk and went on to perform?" I asked and they chuckled a bit but no one gave me a direct answer. "Well I'll take that as a yes then," I said and leaned back into the couch to get more comfortable. It was perfectly fine in the arena but it was freezing in this room.

"Here," Calum said as he handed me a jacket and I cocked my head to the side. "How'd you know I was cold?" I giggled and put it on over my off the shoulder top. "I saw the goosebumps on your arms and you did a little shiver, I don't think you noticed you did that."

"Nope, I didn't. But thank you," I smiled and I could see Luke and Michael smirking from the corner of my eye. I felt like something was going on and wasn't sure if it was a good or bad thing. I did feel a bit weird seeing as I was the only one they invited back here.

"When do you guys go on stage?" I asked and Ashton looked down at his phone. "Fifteen minutes, or whenever Luke is doing on his bathroom break," He answered and that's when I saw Luke was gone and I hadn't even noticed. "Well I should get going to my seat then," I said and began heading for the door.

"Wait!" Calum called out and I turned back around as he walked over to me with a look of nervousness on his face. "Can I see you after the show?" He asked and I smiled lightly.  "Yeah."

I headed back out to the general arena and I felt my phone vibrate. I pulled it out and I saw Malcum's name pop up. I decided to wait until I got to my seat to answer him. The security guard scanned my ticket and pointed to my section as I thanked him.

I sat in my seat and opened iMessage to see what Malcum had to say for himself.

iMessage 7:15 PM

malcum: i'm so sorry aurora

aurora: is that all you have to say?

malcum: its complicated.. but i swear im gonna make it up to you

aurora: so you arent coming?

malcum: i am, just not in the seat i bought

aurora: ?

-

He didn't answer after that  and I re-read our messages a couple of times to figure out exactly what he meant. Was I just stupid?

The venue lights began flickering and it was showtime. The sound around me went from light chatter to bloody screams. A countdown appeared on the screen counting down from ten. Once it got to five, everyone started screaming out the numbers and was then followed by Ashton going crazy on the drums. The energy the fans were giving for every little thing was amazing. I included myself in the craze and when arena lights shut off and the stage lights turned on, the screams somehow got even louder. I'd definitely be getting a headache after this.

"How you doing tonight Denver?" Michael asked and everyone screamed giving him the indication we were fantastic. They spoke for a little bit, mainly to each other.  Ashton started off the beat for the first song, followed by Calum's bass, then Michael's guitar. Luke gripped onto his microphone and adjusted his earpiece before he started singing.

"Red, red desert, heal our blues
I dive deeper for you
What a blessing to feel your love
Twilight moments with you"

They sounded exactly as they did recorded, just changing ever so slightly. I recorded a snippet of each song so I could save some memories and also to send to Malcum so he could feel bad for ditching me.

They played the entire CALM album plus songs from Youngblood, Sounds Good Feels Good, and even the 5 Seconds of Summer album. I wish the concert was longer but they were probably exhausted.

"Thank you Colorado! We'll be back soon, we love you guys!" Calum yelled into the microphone and the other boys said their farewells. The crowd went insane one last time for the night and the arena lights turned back on. They walked off the stage and security guards and employees appeared out of nowhere to guide people to the parking lot exits. I pulled up the Uber app to see how long it'd take to get home with this traffic. As I figured, around two hours.

"Great," I mumbled and decided to walk around for traffic to die down because paying fifty dollars just for a ride home wasn't it. I wasn't sure how long I was walking for but I ended up at a shopping plaza and I was starving. I walked into a little cafe since it was the first thing I saw and ordered whatever looked good.

My phone vibrated a couple of times and I assumed it was from Mae but it was someone I didn't really want to hear from at the moment.

iMessage 9:27 PM

malcum: hey aurora...

aurora: what malcum

fakeboy: im sorry
fakeboy: i saw you at the concert
fakeboy: you look so beautiful...

aurora: so why did you ditch me?
aurora: technically ghost but whatever

fakeboy: i was nervous
fakeboy: i didnt think you'd like me or who i was

aurora: but you dont know me
aurora: or how i think
aurora: only my dad jokes

fakeboy: i know, im sorry
fakeboy: can i make it up to you?

aurora: do you even live where i live malcum?

fakeboy: well no, i only kinda came to denver for the concert

aurora: so theres no "making it up to me"

fakeboy: come on aurora

aurora: i gotta go malcum

fakeboy: okay im sorry :(

-

author's note; this chapter felt really long so i didnt wanna continue but instead make a part two to it basically??? aurora is so slow at putting pieces together omg 😂 what do you guys think is gonna happen next?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

181K 4.1K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
235K 15.3K 78
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1.5M 48.6K 66
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
2.9M 75.5K 111
She's got the eyes of innocence, The face of an angel, A personality of a dreamer And a smile that hides more pain, Than you can ever imagine. #1 bel...