Always and Forever (Merlin)

By Dollophead111

Modern AU Merthur. Everybody knows not to mess with Merlin because then you'll have to deal with Arthur. Appa... More

A/N
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six

Chapter Seven

243 11 8
By Dollophead111

"Arthur I'm fi-"

"Are you sure? I can pick you up if-"

"Arthur! You've been like this forever now. I'm with Mordred and Morgana at the mall. I'm perfectly fine. I'll see you later. Okay?"

I hear a grumble on the other end of the phone.

"Thank you. I love you."

"...Love you too."

I smile as I hang up the phone, only to see Morgana and Mordred making kissing faces at me.

"Stop it. Both of you. You guys are children."

"We are the children? You're the youngest out of us."

"Well, you certainly wouldn't know just by looking at us, now would you?"

Morgana throws her arm over my shoulder and pulls me down to her.

"Now, why don't you entertain us with why my dear brother decided to ruin our shopping trip by calling you ever three seconds?"

"It's noth-"

"Nope! We both know it's something. So, tell us."

I look up accusingly at Mordred, my supposed friend.

"And I thought we were friends?"

"Stop being overdramatic my future brother in law."

I feel my cheeks redden to the shade that would make a tomato proud.

Mordred has a pained look on his face. But, it's gone as quickly as it came. What was that from? He's probably still upset about his breakup.

"Now, please tell me?"

"Morgana Pendragon is asking me with a please? I thought I'd never see the day."

"Shut up. Now, tell me before I put my heel through your foot."

There's the Morgana we all know and love.

Might as well not delay this any longer.

"Arthur is still pouty about Halloween."

Morgana lets her arm drop while Mordred gives me a sad look.

Not this conversation again.

"Merlin, you know what Arthur went through that week. You disappeared for an entire week with no warning. Hell, you scared the crap out of us all. If you were my boyfriend, I'd keep you on a leash for the next year."

"Well, it's already Christmas. I think he would've calmed down by now."

"This is Arthur Pendragon. You got off easy Merlin."

**A few months back**

Hesitantly, I open up the door to my third-period classroom. I already know I'm going to be the most infamous person out of my friends. I left for a week without warning.

Knowing my past, it has happened before where I had to miss school. But, I've never missed an entire week.

Arthur is going to kill me.

Stepping into the classroom, I walk right up to the teacher's desk to hand her my late pass. I can already hear Gwen gasping from her seat.

I don't dare face my friends, or him.

"Nice to see you back here Merlin. We all missed you. Now, if you'd please take your seat so we may continue."

"Thank you."

Without meeting the eyes of my classmates, I try to walk to the back of the classroom. I promised myself that I would explain everything to everyone once the class is over.

Unfortunately, the dogs weren't on my side. In a millisecond, it all happened at once.

Next to me, I hear someone harshly stand up and grab my wrist. Before I can even see who it is, I'm being dragged out of the classroom, leaving a wave of mummers around me. I don't fight it because I know exactly who it is.

"Arthu-"

"No. You don't get to speak right now."

Sighing, I let Arthur drag me outside the school to an empty spot at the back of the school.

Before I can even start to explain, Arthur pushes me against the side of the building, not hard enough to hurt, but enough to make it clear that I am not to move.

His hands cup my face while he scans it all over.

If I weren't paying attention to him, I would've missed his next words.

"You stupid, stupid idiot."

"That's not very ni- hmf!"

His lips crash onto mine.

It's not like the other kissed we've shared, it's wanting, needing.

What a high school clique! Making out behind the school.

Reluctantly, I put my hands to Arthur's chest and push away. He comes away easier then I expect.

Taking my hands in his, he puts his forehead to mine and I can feel him slightly shaking.

When we speak, it's no more than a whisper of the wind.

"You have no idea, do you?"

"No idea what?"

"How much you mean to me."

Maybe I don't. But neither do you know how much you mean to me. You don't know how'd I be nothing without you.

"Watch out Pendragon. People might start to think you care."

"Shut up. Please."

Now that shut me up. Arthur rarely says please, especially in that tone.

"Arthur, talk to me. Please tell me what's wrong."

"What's wrong?"

He takes a step back and I can now see the silent tears down his face. My first reaction is to reach to him, but he takes another step back, away from me.

"You disappeared for an entire week! You could've been dead for all I know! I called you all day, every day. I went to your place every single day, just waiting for you! Now, where the fuck were you? You don't have bruises on your face, so it can't be that. Did-did he hurt you in other places?"

"Arthur. Calm down. Just listen. Okay?"

I grab Arthur and pull him towards me. He wraps his arms around me and puts his head on my shoulders. I wrap my hands around his torso and hold him close.

Arthur isn't the emotional one. He always puts a strong face for the both of us. Now it's my turn to help him.

"Last Sunday, my mom was allowed to come back for a week. I was at Gwen's house and my dad just texted me to come home. So, when I got there, he told me to pack my things and we were leaving right then and there to go to the cabin. Before I went packing, my mom took my phone. She wanted to have a week of no technology. I'm sorry to have worried you. I didn't get my phone back yet. I swear you would've been my first call."

If anyone were to ask, I would deny there was a wet spot on my shoulder. Arthur has been my anchor for so long and I'm willing to help him any way I can.

Making soothing noises, I rub circles on his back.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize. I'm the one who disappeared for a week with no word."

"Promise me you won't do that to me ever again. I don't think I'd be able to handle it again."

"I promise. I'm not going anywhere."

We sealed our promise with a kiss. A long, sweet kiss.

"Do you think Arthur will like this?"

I hold up a sweatshirt to my body while looking at Morgana. She gives me a small smile before turning back around.

"You know Arthur better than me. You also know that every single one of his sweatshirts ends up on you. So, is this a Christmas present for him or you?"

Damn it. She's right.

Now, what would the rich boy want for Christmas?

He already has any electronics he's ever wished for, all the clothes in the world. Maybe a book?

Who am I kidding? Arthur doesn't read.

It's hard enough that I have to go through this three times a year, Christmas, his birthday, and our anniversary.

But, he doesn't have everything, does he?

*A few hours later*

"What did you get me?"

I look up at Arthur who's looking at me with a grin on his face.

After Morgana, Mordred, and I came back from shopping, Mordred went home, Morgana went to hang out with Gwen, and Arthur wanted some cuddle time.

So, now I'm half laid across Arthur, arms wrapped around him.

"What are you talking about?"

Yes, I know exactly what he's talking about.

"You know. Christmas is in a week and you just went out shopping. And knowing you, you waited until the last minute to buy a gift. So, what'd you get me?"

"One, it's not last minute. Two, what's the point of telling you if you're just going to get it in a week. And three, what'd you get me?"

"You hypocrite."

*One week later*

'Can I pick you up yet?'

'Come in twenty minutes.'

'Okay. See you then.'

'Forgetting something?'

'I'll tell you when I see you.'

'Prat.'

I look into the mirror one more time before heading downstairs.

I decided to wear a red shirt with a red neckerchief, my brown trousers, and a loose belt to hold up my trousers. Is that Christmasy? I hope so.

Now, time to face the devil.

"Hello?"

"In here."

I walk into the living room to see him sitting on his couch.

Keeping my head down, I walk into his peripheral vision, making sure to stay out of his line of vision of the television.

I stand here for about a minute or two before he talks to me.

"I assume you'll be spending the day there today."

"Yes."

He's silent for another few minutes before responding.

"You'll be back before midnight tonight."

"Okay."

I turn around to leave but get stopped by him again.

"Your mother wanted me to give you something. What she sees in you is beyond me."

Out of the corner of my eye, I see something being thrown at me. I quickly turn and catch it.

It's a small, red box with a small label on the front.

"Thank yo-"

"Get out."

Without responding, I grab my thin, brown coat, and my gifts for them and open the door to leave.

And it's snowing. Great.

Turning around, I grab a heavier jacket and go back outside.

Okay, I have three options now.

One, I stay right where I am, on the porch.

Two, I can go inside and wait there.

Or three, I can begin walking in the direction of Arthur's house.

Maybe I should just-

SMASH!

Guess I'm walking. Not really in the mood to see what broke or get on the wrong side of who broke that.

So Arthur's supposed to be here in seven minutes. I can probably walk five minutes before I meet up with Arthur.

Left.

I hope Arthur likes what I got him. But, what is he hates it? No, he wouldn't hate it. Right? No.

I wonder what he got me. Maybe some clothes? No, not Arthur's style. Uther probably got me clothes. Morgana got me... who knows what Morgana got me. She's a mystery of her own.

Right.

Maybe Arthur got me a-

HONK HONK!

What?

Surprised, I jump to the sidewalk, only to bump into a garbage can and fall into the snow.

Great, just great.

"I knew you were stupid, just not this stupid. First, walking off while it's snowing. Secondly, you are clumsier than an old maiden. You probably would've gotten hyperthermia before you reached my house. Now, why are you walking in zero-degree weather instead of waiting at your house?"

I mumble 'no reason' while accepting the outstretched hand.

After being lifted to my feet, Arthur wraps his arms around me and looks at me in the eyes.

"Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas to you too, prat."

He leans in and seals our love with a kiss.

~~~~~~~~~Line~~Break~~~~~~~~~~

"Give me the present or I'll shave Merlin's hair off."

"Not the hair. I wouldn't be able to look at him without his hair."

"Hey! I'm the one who has to look at you every day. If anything, I should be blessed."

"Take that back!"

"No!"

"Arthur give me the present!"

"You give me the present!"

"It has my name on it!"

"I don't care!"

"Arthur, maybe you should-"

"If you want your present Merlin, you better shut your mouth."

"Make me."

"Ewwww. Leave the dirty talk for the bedroom."

"Morgana!"

"Arthur!"

"EVERYBODY JUST SHUT UP!"

We all look Uther and be quiet.

"You all are going to college next year. You all should be acting like adults. Instead, I have to deal with three children who can't even open up presents without arguing. Arthur, give Morgana the present-"

"But-"

"I don't want to hear it. Morgana, no shaving off Merlin's, or anybody's hair for the matter. Merlin, you just keep being you. Now, can we kindly get back to unwrapping gifts? I have to be at work in an hour."

I sheepishly turn back to the gifts and keep my mouth shut. Morgana and Arthur glare at one another before Arthur lets go of the present and grabs one of his own.

I was mostly correct. Uther mostly got me new clothes and a pair of new shoes. Morgana got me an MP3 player with wireless headphones.

"Give me my gift."

"What?"

"Are you deaf Merlin? I said I want my gift."

"Fine. You get your gift when I get mine."

Arthur looks down and slightly blushes. Of course, this doesn't go unnoticed by Morgana.

"Awe. Arthur got his boyfriend something real personal, now did he?"

"Shut up Morgana."

"What? Don't tell me you forgot to get him something."

"Of course I got him something! Now just knock it off!"

"I'm thinking you just forgot to buy him something."

"It's none of your business what I bought Merlin! Leave it be before I make you shut up."

"Oooh. The big and scary Pendragon. What are you going to do? Hit me? Now I understand your temper tantrum's, but god help me if you forgot to buy him-"

"Of course I bought Merlin something! Who do you think I am, his parents?"

I've always understood the term, 'the thing to break the camels back.' I've watched it many times with my dad. It could be I said the wrong thing or did something wrong, but I've always seen it happen. It has always ended up in rage. But have you ever seen it end up in sadness?

Today, my camels back broke.

I always knew that my relationship with my parents was shit. My mom's in a mental hospital and my dad is an alcoholic and sometimes abusive. But to hear Arthur say something like that out loud to a group of people?

Is that what he thinks of me? Some abused kid with a shitty home life.

I watch my hands get blurrier and blurrier. I don't hear Arthur getting yelled at in the background.

All I know is I need to get out. I need space. I need-

"I need to go to the bathroom."

Without waiting for a response, I get up and walk away.

I already know where the bathroom is from heart, so I don't think but just let my feet guide me.

Right before I get to the bathroom, I feel a hand touch my lower back and guide me to the left instead of on the right.

For some reason, I don't find myself caring. I just let myself be guided to a room.

Who's room is that?

The door opens and I've slightly pushed in. Oh, it's Arthur's room. Why am I in Arthur's room?

"Merlin."

I look up to meet his eyes.

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay."

"No Merlin, it's not. I shouldn't have said that about your parents. I know deep down they-"

"Stop. Please. I know you didn't mean it. You were upset and you tend to say things you don't mean when you're upset. Just, promise me you won't speak about them again."

"Merlin-"

"Promise me."

"I promise."

How can I ever stay upset at him?

"Anyways, I think it's against the law to stay mad at an arrogant ass."

He gives me a small laugh and pulls out a small box from his pocket.

The box is a black velvet that is slightly rectangular.

"Merlin. I wanted to do this in a bit more romantic scene, but I think now is a good time."

"When have you ever be the romantic?"

"Shut up. Anyways. Since I've met you, I've always known that you were special, different from the other kids I've grown up with. As the years went on, I began to love everything about you; your smile, your laugh, your ability to forgive arrogant asses. Now, I would like you to-"

He opens up the box to display two rings, side by side. They are identical, black with two silver rings going around each side of the ring.

"-take one of these rings and one day, I promise to replace it with an engagement ring."

I stare right at him and see now how nervous he is. He's biting his lower lip, eager for me to respond.

"I think that is the most romantic thing you've ever said to me. Did Gwen help you write it?"

"Merlin."

"Yeah?"

"Shut up and take the left ring."

"But what if I wanted the right ring?"

"You're measurements are on the left ring. The right ring is fit for me."

"How do you know my ring measurements?"

"I measured them when you were sleeping."

"You invaded my fingers by measuring them when I was sleeping!"

"You are so ungrateful. I'm giving you your Christmas present and you're arguing about your finger's privacy."

"I'm just saying. My finger has feelings too."

"Stop acting like a girl, Merlin, and take the ring."

"Fine."

I reach over and grab the left ring.

In the inside of the ring, there is an engraving. Three words that have always been used to show our love.

'Always and Forever'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word Count: 2949

I know that this chapter took forever. One, school has been unforgiving with the amount of work they're giving up. Secondly, I wrote this chapter a bunch of times because I couldn't get it how I wanted it. I made the chapter longer as an apology and I promise I will try not to have such time in between posting each chapter.

Next chapter is when the main plot comes into play. You're either going to hate it or like it. Hopefully the latter but it's your opinion.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

269K 8.7K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...
207K 2.5K 32
"You ain't leaving until you suck my cock Y/n." he said with deep voice holding her hair tightly... ~𝒔𝒆𝒙 𝒔𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒔 ~𝒔𝒎𝒖𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 ~𝒆...
94.5K 5.2K 36
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢'𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐮𝐩 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲? 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 �...
1M 18.4K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...