From Another World

By ArcaneFury

SLOW UPDATES. I'M SORRY. You live, and you die; it's as simple as that, right? Then why did I find myself liv... More

1. Reborn
2. Realization
3. Heirs
4. Involved
5. Chrome
6. Mukuro
7. Clouds
8. Vacation
9. Secrets
10. Alone
11. Future
12. Strength
13. Preparations
14. Battles
15. Switched
16. Intermission
17. Breather
18. Truth
20. Stronger
20.5 - Kyoya
21. All This Preparation...
22. Truth and Decisions
23. Choice Finally Begins
24. A Bright Smile Within the Dark
25. No Rest for the Wicked
26. Final Future Battle (part 1)
27. Final Future Battle (part 2)
28. First Date?
29. A New Chapter, Maybe
30. Making Friends
31. Business Meetings
32. The Ceremony
33. Cool Upgrades
An unexpected hiatus...
35. Slowly Fading Away
36. Deep Pain
37. Being Protected By...?
38. Protect Those Dear to You
A/N: Life Update
39. A Show of Their Pride
40. The Pain of Forgetting
Thank You For 100k Reads!!!

34. Pursuit

920 45 6
By ArcaneFury

I followed the Ninth to the conference room everyone was waiting at. Tsuna stood up a little when he saw me behind but Ninth raised a hand. Tsuna slowly sat back down.

"Stand beside me, Satsuki-chan." Ninth sat down on his chair at the head of the table. I obeyed his orders and stood at his side, a little behind his chair, with my hands clasped at my front.

Ganauche led the meeting. "We've searched through the old manuscripts and books within the library of the Italian Vongola Base. All data on the Shimon family was discarded after a certain period of time."

This information shocked Nono and Tsuna.

"Just as the Shimon family said," Nono said, looking down, "Vongola must have tried to erase everything related to Shimon from within the family."

I glanced at Tsuna's face; he looked very conflicted.

"How did you find Shimon's base?" Reborn asked.

"Private letters from Shimon to Primo were discovered. However, they were written before either family was created, and stashed in a separate room, which is probably why they were safe. The Shimon boss told of his plans to move abroad in his letters. In one of his letters, he described having been washed along by strong currents and reaching an uninhabited island. He told of how he had taken a liking to that island, and wished to create a family on that holy land."

"I see, an uninhabited island... not bad for a base."

"Where is it?" Nono asked.

"The Pacific Ocean," Ganauche answered, "though, compasses don't work due to the strong magnetic field, Shimon approximated the latitude and longitude. It should be around here..."

He pointed to an area on the map that didn't show an island but they all trusted him.

"It's not too far from Japan." Brabanter Schnitten noted.

"We shouldn't have trouble gathering a team together." Nie Brow Jr. added.

"There's not a second to lose!!" Nono shouted, making me jump a little in surprise. "We only have seven days until Shimon completes the awakening of the ring! Vongola must become more powerful and fight Shimon! Gather up all your strength and weapons!"

"Um..." Tsuna spoke up. "Please, Ninth."

"What is it?"

"Please, let me be the only one to fight."

"What?"

Squalo and a few of Ninth's guardians made a surprised noise. I glanced at Reborn and Nono, studying their expressions.

"Yamamoto and Chrome aren't mafia family to me. They're friends; I want to fight for my friends!"

"Then let us fight alongside you!" Gokudera said.

"Yeah! We have a right to go to the extreme! Because we're friends!" Ryohei grinned.

"You guys..!" Tsuna looked happy before looking down. "And... I have a feeling that Enma is a lot like me. It's not that he wants to kill a lot of people. I think the one he really wants to take down is me."

"Impossible! We cannot just let you fight alone!" Ganauche countered.

"Sawada!!" Squalo shouted. "Wake up already! This is a war amongst mafia!"

"No! The ones waiting for me are my friends!"

"Silence!!" My head turns to the Ninth. "The inheritance ceremony was cancelled, which means that the power still belongs to the Ninth. I hereby entrust the task of subduing Shimon to Vongola Decimo and his guardians."

Squalo was having none of it. "You old man!!"

"However, Reborn and Satsuki must go with you."

I purse my lips; I knew it. I silently thanked Timoteo.

"Reborn and Satsuki, I forbid you from attacking Shimon in any way."

I turn to him and bow. "Understood."

"Understood." Reborn agreed.

"Eh? They're not going to fight, but they're still coming along? Then why...?" Tsuna wondered.

"That will be all." Nono stood up. "Ganauche! Prepare a ship!"

-

I was finally out of the suit and in a casual outfit of black jogger pants and a simple white shirt with my gray hoodie tied around my waist. I sat inside the ship in front of a porthole window, staring at the view in front of us. Tsuna, Ryohei, and Gokudera were standing at the front of the ship outside with Reborn and Lambo on Gokudera and Tsuna's shoulders respectively. Kyoya had disappeared and didn't come to see me before we left but I'm sure he's hiding somewhere in this ship.

I felt the ship stop and stood up, grabbing my sword and weapons belt, walking outside right as the Shimon island revealed itself, inviting us in. I felt a cold gust from the wind and shivered, pulling my hoodie on. I attached my belt to my waist and slid the nagamaki into the slit on the belt reserved for it.

Reborn jumped onto my shoulder as I entered the speed boat we were given to ride the rest of the way to the island. I slightly turned my head to him.

"I wonder what Nono wanted us here for if we weren't going to fight," I mutter. "I don't remember..."

"It's okay," he replied as we slowed. "If it was really important, you would've remembered, right?"

"I... I guess? I feel really bad sometimes because I can help and protect everyone because of my memories. Without my memories, how am I supposed to protect everyone?"

"You become stronger."

I pause right as I was going to step onto the sand and giggle. Reborn tilted his head at me.

I shook my head with a smile. "My dad said the same thing."

"That was a lot faster than I expected."

Everyone's head looked up, seeing the Shimon standing on top of the hill, looking pretty menacing.

"I've been waiting for you, Tsuna." Enma said. "I think you made the correct choice in coming alone. If there were more of you, there would have been no space for the pile of bodies."

"Adel-chan!" I called, waving. "Your bust looks as beautiful as ever!"

Her face went red and she pointed at me. "You be quiet! I don't know why you're even here! You're not a part of the Vongola!"

"Oh?" My expression dropped, my head tilting to the side. "I thought you guys did your research? I am a part of the Vongola."

As I spoke, I felt another shiver go down my spine but this time it wasn't because of the wind. The Vindice had appeared through a black portal a few meters away. Reborn noticed and asked about them.

"Why are they here, too? Are you the ones who called that sinister bunch to this island?" Enma and the others looked confused, so Reborn continued speaking. "The keepers of the law of the mafia world."

Heads turned and everyone exclaimed in surprise at the appearance of the Vindice.

"I don't remember inviting you guys into this holy land!" Enma shouted at them. "Did you come here to sympathize with the Vongola?!"

"No," the bandaged figure in front spoke, "our existence is that of revenge, we possess no feelings of hatred. We have come here to fulfil our promise to Vongola Primo Giotto, Liliana, and Shimon Primo Cozart."

My head perked up. There was that name again. Liliana.

Who the hell is she?

"Giotto and Cozart, as well as Liliana, were bound by their unwavering friendship. For that reason, Vongola and Shimon must never cross swords with one another. And thus, should that situation ever arise, we have created a law that the losing side shall be erased from existence... forever."

I felt goosebumps rise on my arms and shiver, clenching and unclenching my hands to distract myself from the feeling.

"The loosing side... erased... I can't believe that laws of such a degree are in a place to prevent the two families from fighting." Tsuna's expression turned hopeful. "It seems like we truly misunderstood their relationship..."

"I don't think so..." Enma replied.

"This is the second time that this law has been put into motion. The losing participant in this fight will be confined in our prison for eternity."

This information put our side in a panic.

"What! Prison?! The Vindice's prison?! There's corpses in there!!"

"I like the sound of it... 'For eternity'..."

"The decision has been made. Go forth, descendants of Giotto, Liliana and Cozart."

Dark smoke started to appear around the Vindice and they seemed to be moving backwards. This surprised our side again and I kind of got annoyed. Sometimes I think that Tsuna overreacts to some things... Maybe I'm imagining it... or not.

"We are not your referees for your battle. We are the keepers of the law. We shall carry out your sentence. We await the moment the loser of this battle appears."

"Wait!" Adelheid shouted. "What exactly is going to decide the loser?"

"What is at stakes in this battle... is pride. The loser will be those who have their pride broken."

They disappeared, the smoke enclosing them and dispersing, confirming their disappearance.

"When you think about pride within the mafia, this is natural," stated Reborn.

"But I'm not part of the mafia! I don't have any mafia pride!"

"How much longer are you going to run away?" I mutter, looking away, saying the next part louder. "We all have our pride, Tsuna, it's not just the mafia."

"You're still trying to say that as if it's a good thing?" Enma questioned. "Aren't you the boss of that 'dirty' mafia?"

"People all arrive at their own different form of pride. For example, when in battle, the pride you place at stake should be determined by the rules."

Tsuna looked at us for confirmation. Both Gokudera and Ryohei nodded and Tsuna looked back at the Shimon, nodding.

"We refused earlier, but this is our holy land. If we didn't have to follow these instructions, we would not be participating in the fight. There is but one road. We seek but one goal." Adelheid continued.

"The history of the Shimon family is engraved within this island," Enma sorrowfully said, "the painful history of the Shimon. One by one, by the sweat of your legs, head for the goal. I shall be there waiting. The path lies beyond that gate.

"After six days, we'll be completely awake and ready. I'd hurry along if I were you."

"Ahh~ Oh yeah..." Katou Julie hummed, somehow spinning his hat on his index finger. "Leave cute little Chrome to me! Her body and her heart just might become mine~ Who knows, I might get your little female friend as a prize as well."

I turn to him, glaring. His grin creeped me out but it also told me that he really was intent on harming me in some way.

"Is this Byakuran all over again? I'm not letting anyone take me as a prize. I've been ordered to not harm the Shimon in any way, but I won't hesitate on fighting you if I need to 'Katou Julie'."

His eyes bore into mine, his grin widening. The Shimon turned away, leaving.

"Enma! Wait!" Tsuna swallowed his pills and his Sky flames appeared on his forehead.

His ring shone and his gloves turned into X-Gloves and his flames burst out, the pressure immense. I lifted an arm and felt myself being pushed away by the intensity. I could tell that the Shimon were impressed. I saw Enma smile.

"It looks like you've progressed a little. I'll be looking forward to our battle, Tsuna-kun."

They disappeared and Tsuna flew after them, slamming the wall they seemed to disappear through. He flew away, searching the island, flying back a few minutes later.

His flames disappeared and he came out of Hyper Dying Will Mode. "It's not good... There are buildings all over the island where someone could possibly be living, but I haven't even seen a shadow of a person. On top of that, the island is a lot bigger than I thought. If we just search at random for Enma, we probably won't find him."

"It's because we're in uncharted territory," noted Reborn, "I don't like it, but we should do what they say and try this road..."

"Yeah..."

"Oh, yeah, the tenth's new weapon was amazing!" Gokudera grinned.

"Oh, right. The Vongola gear is awesome! It's not just the shape, but the way the flame is projected is different, too. It's a power entirely different than anything I've felt before... Everyone's weapon also had a power increase, right?"

"Except me," I smile, waving a hand dismissively, "but you guys are more important."

"Satsuki-chan..." Tsuna turned to me, "you really didn't have to come. This isn't your fight."

I smile, reaching over and ruffling his hair, realizing that his hair is incredibly soft. "I'm in this as much as anyone else... also..."

I thought back to what old man Talbot called me back at the ceremony and the name that the Vindice added along with Giotto and Cozart. I felt like I was somehow in this but...

"I feel like I can find some answers here at this island." I look towards the sea of trees. "I have questions about this..."

Gokudera and Ryohei were distracted by Lambo since his ring was still in rock form. Tsuna glanced at them before lowering his voice.

"Is this about your memories?" Tsuna whispered.

I shook my head, glancing at Reborn who was still on my shoulder. "It's not about my memories but... I don't think I should say anything... Sorry."

Tsuna smiled. "It's okay, I understand."

-

We ended up walking through the island, following the trail. We entered a clearing after five - five - hours of walking. My feet were hurting from the walk, even with the multiple breaks we took. I wonder if we can last six days of this...

We came to a clearing and my heart started beating really hard. I winced, feeling my head throb. Oh no... I forgot something; something's gonna happen. A freezing wind blew out, pushing us back. Leaves were blowing from the center, cutting into our skin and clothes. I wince, pulling my hood on in attempt to protect my face and eyes.

"All of the vegetation here..." a voice came from within the leaves, "was regrown after absorbing the spilled blood of the dead first Shimon."

The figure came closer and Aoba Koyo appeared.

"This time, these plants will drink the blood of you worthless Vongola."

"Why are you doing this, Koyo?!" Ryohei shouted. "I thought I knew you! You were a boxer, a sportsman!"

I felt my heart squeeze. The Vongola and Shimon bonded in between their transfer and the ceremony. Even if the Shimon had some hatred towards the Vongola, I knew they couldn't deny the friendship they felt. But the mistreatment the Shimon faced during the years overshadowed everything. I felt my head wince again and almost felt like crying but pushed the feeling down.

"I decided my hate for the Vongola exceeded any of that. Besides, I never had any sportsmanship to begin with."

"Lies." I quietly hissed through my teeth.

"Do you know how I see you? I see you Vongola crawling, squirming around in circles in some dark pit - knocked off the face of the earth. Do you honestly think I have the time to skip around and play sports star like you?! My boxing is a means for me to live!

"...And it is my lethal weapon with which to take revenge upon the likes of you. Well, then... I've acknowledged you as an opponent. I, Aoba Koyo, alone, will be more than enough to fulfill you annihilation."

"Don't give me that crap!" Ryohei shouted, walking forward. "You really think I'd allow a duel where I outnumber you?! I want a fair and square, one on one fight! As a boxer... that is my pride!"

Koyo looked pleased. "The battle this time is being waged with both sides' pride on the line. Alright. I'll place my pride in my fist as well. Naturally, the rules of my fight with you... Wouldn't be anything else but that, would it?

"I have no interest in national laws in place to protect our lives. If we're going to do this, we're putting our lives on the line for a one-fall ruling! If so much as your knee touches the ground even once, you lose!"

They were putting their lives on the line. At that realization, my head throbbed and my eyes widen. This was going to be an even fight... No...

Koyo used his Forest Flames to build an arena of barbed vines. Ryohei called out Kangaryuu and his bangle shone. Garyuu came out and Ryohei called out Cambio Forma. Garyuu and Ryohei fused, completing the form.

Koyo explained his knowledge on Ryohei's Cambio Forma but it was the old information.

"We have received data on all your fights from someone." I narrow my eyes at this information. Who...? Was it Daemon? "Someone who knows the Vongola better than anyone else in this world, and is most disappointed in you. That all I will say. More importantly, it's clear that not matter how hard you try, you will never outdo us. Not while we possess one of the Seven Flames of the Earth."

He held his fist out and his flames lit up, looking like leaves. Ryohei explained that since his ring upgraded, he no longer had the limit of three minutes. The Vongola Gear allows Ryohei to fight at his best.

The fight began. The fight looked like it was going in Kyoyo's favor; he was hiding in his flames and punching Ryohei from within. We couldn't see from our perspective because of the flames, but I could remember this now... Ryohei kept on taking the punches, not protecting himself or fighting back. The flames died, revealing a beaten and bruised Ryohei and an untouched Koyo. He ran forward in what looked like a final punch, knocking Ryohei back.

Ryohei hit the vines and we all cringed. Those vines piercing my back... I shivered. But - with all these hits that Ryohei was receiving, the flames on his bangle was lighting up. With all this fighting, with all the blood being spilled, I lowered my gaze. Koyo's glasses were knocked off, he got a few clean shots off Ryohei but the input overheated his brain. Koyo went down with a huge gash on his stomach.

"This battle," said Reborn, "is one he can't lose."

With his will lit back up, Koyo went back to attacking, breaking Ryohei's bones with every hit. I lifted my hands to my ears, my eyes squeezed shut, trying to block out the screams of pain.

Koyo landed one last hit, catching him as Ryohei swayed forward. Ryohei wrapped an arm around Koyo's torso, his bangle fully charged, releasing a Maximum Sunshine Counter. The explosion blocked our view, dust gathering around the area. I pulled the collar of my sweatshirt up to block the dust from getting into my lungs and turn away.

I held my breath long enough for the dust to clear and see both Ryohei and Koyo still standing but... They both shouted, running forward for one final punch. Their fists connected and both fell to the ground.

Both lost.

I clenched my fists as Ryohei and Koyo were both seized by the Vindice. As they were being taken through the Night Flame portal, the Vindice appeared.

"Both guardians of Shimon and Vongola have fallen to their knees. Therefore they are both defeated and shall be taken in by us."

The chains rattles as they were bring dragged; I couldn't help but wince when I saw the metal squeeze their bruised bodies.

"Wait!" Tsuna cried. "They're both severely injured!"

"Sawa...da..." Ryohei muttered. "I have no... regrets. I fought with all my pride... don't let them take away your pride, Sawada..."

"Nii-san! What do you mean, my pride?!"

Ryohei chuckled. "What's with that face? Just let your heart lead the way, there's nothing to worry about... I know your pride!"

Tsuna's eyes widened. Ryohei cried out a little as he went through the portal. I had to hold myself back. It was wrong for the Vindice to do this but it was the rules. I wasn't looking to fight the Vindice any time soon, either. That can wait.

"Rules are rules," stated Reborn.

"One battle has ended. Thus we shall leave behind the first key that was given to us by Cozart, Giotto, and Liliana."

A small bag appeared in front of the Vindice speaking. A bright light shone and our minds were suddenly full of Giotto and Cozart's memories.

It was a sunny day. A young man with red hair purposely dropped his wallet in Paolo's storage room and walked away. Three figures saw the red head walk away and peeked into the room, seeing the bag on the floor. They put the food they were holding on the floor and took the bag of money, following the red head.

"Hey, you there! You with the red hair!"

Shimon Cozart stopped and turned, being greeted by two young men and one young woman.

The man with blond, spiky hair stepped forward. "You dropped your wallet. Found it in Paolo's shed."

Cozart looked at the small bag that the man was holding. "Ah... well I dropped it on purpose. I couldn't stand to watch his family go without eating or drinking anymore."

"I see... I apologize about that. But there's no need to worry about Paolo and his family."

The woman stepped forward and smiled. "We just dropped the rations we collected in there as well."

Cozart burst out laughing. "You too?"

The blond chuckled. "Yeah."

"I'm Shimon Cozart," the red-head introduced himself, "I'm here visiting my grandma."

"This is my companion, G," G slightly bowed his head. "I'm Giotto and this is my girlfriend, Liliana."

"Nice to meet you, Cozart." Liliana smiled as Giotto and Cozart shook hands.

After the first memory finished playing through our minds, my eyes opened and went wide. Tsuna and Gokudera quickly turned to me with wide eyes as well.

"Wha-"

"The hell?"

I couldn't speak; I was just as shocked and confused as they were.

"Liliana..." Tsuna spoke. "Looks exactly like you, Satsuki-chan..."

"What's the meaning of this?" I question, turning to the Vindice with narrowed eyes.

There was no faking what we just saw. That Liliana... I looked exactly like her.

It wasn't the situation between Tsuna and Giotto where their appearances were so similar, they could be mistaken as brothers. No... Liliana and I were completely identical.

"We cannot answer your question," the Vindice replied, "our duty is to reveal the keys. This bag is to be awards after the battle. Entrusted from Giotto and Cozart. This is the first of the eight keys."

Huh...?

"Eight keys...?" Tsuna said. "The first of them... that means... there's going to be more battles after this?"

"If that's the case, then it would seem like there's a continuation to Primo and the first Shimon's memories as well." Reborn said.

"If that's the case, then maybe something happened a long time ago with Primo and the first Shimon? Maybe we'll find the true answer!"

I wanted to know as well. With Liliana and... eight keys? I was sure there were seven...

I got my answer to who Liliana was but it just gave me even more questions to ask.

How much blood will fall until I get my answers...?

-----

HIIIIIII!!!

I'M SO SORRY THIS CAME OUT SOOOOOO FREAKING LATE T-T

I stayed up until 4 writing thiss >.<

So I said in a conversation post - that I deleted lol - that I would explain why the update came out so late. My work schedule right now is 3:30 pm to 10 pm from Saturday to Wednesday. I sleep late - usually around 2 or 3, sometimes 4 - and try to wake up at 10:30 am to 11 am. I do all my things: browse the internet/my apps, eat brunch, and prepare for work. I write in my notebook a few times during my shift because the department I'm currently working in allows me the free time to do so in between customers.

But since I can't look at my phone much during my shift, I can't write the new chapters for reference. I type faster on my computer so I try to fit in writing time on my days off which are Thursday and Friday but I end up relaxing so much or play games with my friends that I forget. I also end up doing things with my family during my days off sometimes and that lasts the whole day.

I really really wanted to get this chapter out so I stayed up to finish it. I'm technically not changing my schedule much since I sometimes fall asleep at this time (4am) lol.

I know I need to manage my time more but I'm trying to get more opportunities to try out different departments at work so I'm putting a lot of focus on my job, then completely relaxing on my day off. I've also had a reignition of my writing spirit recently but it's towards a WIP that I'm planning on releasing after this story - Silver Princess.

ANYWAYS. Before I continue on any longer, I will continue to update. As I said before, I don't plan on taking a hiatus, but because of my daily schedule, updates will probably one or two weeks late, so I apologize in advance.

BUT THANK YOU! Thank you for reading, for voting, for giving me your support. I really appreciate everything.

Until next time,
arcane.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 4.2K 31
They had it. They couldn't stand to see their Sky suffer any longer. It's time to take action. It's time to let these losers see how great their Sky...
163K 5.5K 14
SUMMARY: After Reborn informs that Tsuna and his classmate gonna go on a trip to Italy, they roar in happiness, thinking of the rare chance to travel...
22K 611 21
Tsuna's 16th birthday is quickly approaching that means his inheritance ceremony is drawing near as well. But because Tsuna still uses his Dame act a...
3.6K 99 7
(DISCONTINUED BUT ADOPTED) Sawada Tsunayoshi and Kuroko Tetsuya are both childhood friends who haven't seen each other in 7 years and have been out o...