Love Games (Leo Valdez/ PJO F...

By define_yourself

The Aphrodite Cabin isn't just about looking in the mirror all day. They believe one of the strongest forces... More

Chapter 1 - The Antics of the Aphrodite Cabin
Chapter 3 - Let the Games Begin
Chapter 4 - I Will Fall for You
Chapter 5 - Suspicions...
Chapter 6 - A Massive Bitch.
Chapter 7 - Capture the Flag
Chapter 8 - A Revealed Secret
Chapter 9 - Forget About Me
Chapter 10 - Progress Reports
Chapter 11- Misconceptions
Chapter 12 - Where Do We Go Now?
Chapter 13 - Only Fools Rush In
Chapter 14 - I'm Already Torn
Chapter 15 - Swing Low, Sweet Chariot
Chapter 16 - Same Mistakes
New Covers
Chapter 17 - The Eavesdropper
Author's Note
Chapter 18 - Rejection
Chapter 19 - Piper's POV
Chapter 19.5- Jason's POV
Author's Note
Chapter 20 - It's the Conversations that I Keep
My Apologies
Chapter 21 - The Chariot Races: Part 1
Chapter 22 - The Chariot Races: Part 2
Chapter 23 - Young and Beautiful
Chapter 24 - Over the Love
Chapter 25 - Amsterdam
Chapter 26 - Cold Coffee
An Analysis of Faye Mitchell
Chapter 27 - Give Me Love
Chapter 28 - Bullet From a Gun
Chapter 29 - Chasing Pavements
Chapter 30 - Change My Mind
Chapter 31 - Irresistible
Chapter 32 - Don't Let Me Go
Chapter 33 - Wake Me Up
Chapter 34 - Doomsday
Possible Epilogue
Wattys 2013
What the frickle
Ideas, Wattys, and Continuation

Chapter 2 - Insomnia

12.6K 359 183
By define_yourself

A weight drops into my stomach as an unnamed boy kisses my neck from behind me, begging me to take him to bed.  I don't want to go, and I don't have any true feelings for him.  I did what I had to do for the games.  There's only one thing left for me to do, but I'm not willing to do it.  "Stop," I say slowly, unsure of what I'm doing.  "Stop," I say with more authority in my voice.  "Stop!" I order again.  Everything around me vanishes into thin air, like it never existed.  

My eyes shoot open to darkness.  It's still night.  Earlier in the night, I was chosen to participate in those horrid Love Games the Aphrodite Cabin does.  We have been each assigned a person, one specific person that we're supposed to have a fling with.  I have only met the boy I'm assigned to on occasion, but still I'm terrified of what I might do to win.  

To win means glory, respect, and prizes.

Losing means the worst cabin duties and being made fun of for the rest of my existence.  It would mean hell until I died, which is basically hell all the way around.  

I hear snores around the room, so I know my half brothers and sisters are still asleep.  Us children of Aphrodite need our beauty sleep, after all.  

Slowly, I tip toe out of the room, still wearing my pajamas and shut the door carefully behind me.  No one notices me, so I pick up my feet rapidly and run to my tree.  

No one else knows about my tree, not that I would have anyone to tell.  I let out a sigh as I reach the tree.  It's beautiful in the moon light with it's green leaves illuminated high up.  Easily, I scale the tree and make my way to my favorite branch, nearly all the way to  the stop.  I finally let myself relax.  I never feel at home when I'm in the Aphrodite cabin.  I feel like I'm a trout in a sea of rainbow fish.  Don't get me wrong, I know I'm pretty, but I don't flaunt it around like most of them do.  

My heart stops when I hear some leaves crunching far below along with some mumbling.  Not making a single sound, I look down to see who the cause of that noise was.  I can just make out the shadow of him, I can tell it's a boy because of his short hair.  He's rushing, taking glances back as if he's making sure no one sees him.  

I feel a tickle in my nose, it's itching more and more and I can't hold it in anymore. The whole tree shakes as I let out my sneeze, then covering my face with both of my hands.  It was too late though, he had already noticed.  "Hello?!" he calls, cupping his hands around his mouth, projecting the sound upwards. "Is anyone there?" His voice is light, and I know he can laugh easily.  It sounds so familiar, but I can't put my finger on it. 

I don't make a sound, although I'm tempted to.  What do I have to lose?

"It's just some birds," he assured himself before heading deeper into the trees.  My heart beat is now rapidly beating, I feel like it's going to be audible from miles away. I can see a hint of his hair as he hikes through the fallen branches and autumn leaves.  It's curly and brown. 

I don't know how my heart does it, but it beats even faster.  I've realized who he was.  He's the boy I'm supposed to make fall in love with, sleep with, then break his heart.  

It's Leo Valdez.

--

A/N: Hey guise! 

So this was just an extremely random idea that popped out of my brain while writing the Demigod Games, so I decided to test the waters with it.  

Please tell me what you think and if I should continue.

Thanks <3

-Emily

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 123 21
"𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙤𝙛 𝙛𝙡𝙚𝙨𝙝 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙗𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙙, 𝙨𝙝𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙖𝙣𝙨𝙬𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙞𝙣 𝙛𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙖 𝙙𝙖𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙪𝙣...
69.5K 1.6K 43
Aphrodite, the Goddess of Love and Beauty is forced into an unwanted marriage the very evening she emerges from the sea. While Hephaestus is not terr...
38.3K 1K 13
Nico Di Angelo and the rest of the seven have come back from the Battle with Gaea. Leo has Calypso, Hazel has Frank, Piper has Jason, and Percy has A...
8.2K 288 33
⋆ ★ the devil's in the details, but you got a friend in me would it be enough if i could never give you peace? . . . ! where the archer finally...